shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I hope you enjoyed your day off! I lost some vacation time last year and I was not happy. We can bank 320 hours. Right now I have 360, but I’ll be putting a hit on that total in a couple of weeks. Did you do anything different to your hair? I’d like to do something different with color, but I’m a huge coward. Last time I was in, I told her to layer the crap out of it...and she did. It had gotten too long and heavy, and now it’s so much lighter and healthier looking. Glad you had a productive meeting with the CPA. Matt is an odd one, and loves reading tax code. I know. My sister works for the IRS, so he and she have big tax law discussions. I make myself scarce during those riveting talks.

I’ve worked 2 whole days in a row, so I must be feeling better. My blood pressure and pulse are getting back to normal. I’m prone to bronchospasms and I always have an albuterol inhaler handy. I think using that thing makes my blood pressure go up. I haven’t had to use it in a few days, so that makes me feel like I’m getting back to normal. I have evaluations with my staff scheduled for nearly the whole day tomorrow. Wish me luck! It dawned on me today that nobody is going to be happy being stuck in my office with me while I’m coughing my head off, so maybe they’ll go quickly. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Total flyby to let you know I'm still alive. Will do a better update tomorrow.

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, i thoroughly enjoyed my day off but did severely pay for it today. I just had the same old haircut. I want it more layered but this girl doesn't get it. The right side has a layer that doesn't match on the left side. I think her generation and mine have a very different view of layered hair. My hair is thick too so I can see why you hair looks and feels going being layered. I am glad you are using up a bunch of your vacation soon. I am glad there are people who enjoy knowing tax code; it's not me though.
I am glad you are doing better. Albuterol definitely makes me buzzy.
I hope your evaluations went well.

Dee Jay, I am glad you are still alive. My bears were getting nervous.

What a day! :wall::angryfire:

It was gorgeous here today. It was near 60 and sunny. Naturally it was windy but what can you expect? I rebelled and didn't even wear a jacket. Ha!

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy dee*jay! I hope all is well.

Marcy-I couldn’t get the point across to my haircut lady, so I drew a picture of the shape of haircut I felt she always gave me and the shape of the haircut I wanted. I saw the light click on in her eyes, and she finally cut it like I thought I had been describing all along. Apparently I don’t speak hairdresser. Evaluations went well, but I’m hoarse this evening from yacking all day. I really have a great group right now. My new employee that’s struggling won’t get an official evaluation until next year, but I think she’s improving. I don’t like albuterol, but it does help when I’m having those spasms and feel like I’m going to pass out. I think it messes with me though. Does it help you? I’m sorry your day was equivalent to angry and frustrated emojis!

Only one person felt the need to tell me today that I still don’t look good, which is a big improvement! It is supposed to be 78 tomorrow, and I painted my toenails this evening so I can wear ankle pants and sandals tomorrow. Yippee! My office is cold though, so I have a spare pare of slippers at work for sitting at my desk. Heck, half the time I forget and wear them around all day. Have a great Thursday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Whew -- lots to catch up on!!!

Curby, LOL on us CPAs! And it's sweet that the bears--and the Killer Rabbits I'm sure--we worried about me! You're a wild one, going without a jacket. Last night I went to a Cubs game and it was 42 degrees and pelting rain. I was damn glad to be in a skybox!

Deegee, I have two hairdressers that are good at two different parts of my hair, one who does a great job on the back/sides and who is great at the top. When I'm gearing up for any given haircut I have do decide which part is going to be more important to me at that point, LOL

So... I'm hot on the trail of Billy Ray III!!! I've decided to go used this time, which saves $ but adds complexity because then you don't get to build it from the ground up and get exactly what you want. After sorting through all the options, which includes eliminating anything in Texas, Florida or New York/New Jersey due to potential water damage, and then getting to the interior and exterior colors I want I came up with three choices. There's a 4S in Anaheim, but it's too much of a hassle to go there and drive it, and I'd still have to have it transported back here. There's a base model in Pittsburgh, which would be easy to go and see and I could drive it home in about 8 hours, but the sales guy REALLY pissed me off. He gave me a price verbally but then, in writing, said the GM's bottom line was $X + $1,500 from what he gave me. And fvck you very much there buddy. You don't go UP in a negotiation. And lastly, there is the S just 10 miles from my house. I was fixated that I needed a 4 or a 4S (meaning four wheel drive as opposed to just the regular two wheel drive), but my friend who is deep in the KC Porsche club convinced me otherwise. I just have to Not Be An Idiot, ha ha. So long story short, I am taking the local S to a suburban Porsche dealer on Monday for a pre-purchase inspection. It would be a lot easier if this car was already at a Porsche dealer, but it was traded in to Alfa Romeo so that's where it is now. Oh well, at least I got them to knock the price of the inspection off the price too. Really, I find it hard to imagine there is anything wrong with this car (it's a 2013, but has only 12K miles on it) but I want Porsche to check it out for me. Even though it's an S, and Billy Ray Jr. was just a base model, it's the same year and same colors inside and out. Dee is a One Trick Pony!

Aside from all that, I'm super busy with real estate and also doing my real job, ha ha.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, good idea to draw a picture for your stylist; I should try that. Of course I can't draw so who knows what the heck I'd end up with. That's great you have a good group of employees. I wish I could say that. Today's childish behavior tidbit below. i am not a fan of albuterol either; they've put me on it a few times for bronchitis. I am glad it helps you when you are having spams and almost pass out. That is an improvement only one person said you didn't look well. Good deal to have a nice spring day; we are getting snow tomorrow. I like that you have slippers at work.

Dee Jay, the killer rabbits and teddy bears calmed down right away when I told them you were back. I bet those poor souls out in the cold were quite chilly at the Cubs game unless they had some beer insulation going. I was a rebel again today - no jacket. Someone stop me; I am out of control. Oh no that you have to choose which part of your hair you want cut right. Sweet that you are hot on the trail for Billy Ray III. I hate those salesman who turn out to be jerks. We had one of those at a Mercedes dealer in Colorado and if we'd decided to buy from them instead of our last A6 I wouldn't have bought from him for nothing. He told us they were offering $2500 off and he told us he donates a $1000 to wounded warriors when he sells a car. When we sat down just to "see" his deal that $2500 wasn't on there. We asked and he said oh we only had one of those deals today and someone else got it already. Strange there wasn't another person in the showroom. When I checked the Mercedes website the $1000 donation came from Mercedes for all sales. He also really played on Marty's need for speed and kept trying to get him to buy the higher series. He had a black one he was knocking down the price and kept ignoring that it was my car and I wanted a color I liked. Jerk! The 911 that is nearby sounds promising. I hope it passes inspection. I keep hearing Alaa Romeo require a lot of repairs. They are good looking vehicles. I'll be anxious to see it.

So my children today; two of the mean girls are already complaining that the new guy is the golden child. They don't get someone doing their work I guess. Then I met with my employee who is on an improvement plan and one area on that list is punctuality and she punched in 1 minute late last week so yes I pointed that out to her. She obviously was messaging another one of my employees about it and I got the comment from the girl that said "I can't believe she complained ABOUT ONE MINUTE.". Late is late. I used Marty's managing skills and had her answer my questions rather than me telling her what she did wrong. It made her mad admitting yes I did this, I did that because she wouldn't talk to me the rest of the day. Also my boss tried to smooth over our disagreement from yesterday. Right now we are still doing something that his team should be doing but he backed off putting blame on us. I am glad I met a friend for lunch today just to get out of the office but sadly the bartender never stopped by to see if I wanted alcohol. Oh well, it's best I don't drink at lunch anyway.

I grilled myself a burger for supper and had a grapefruit with it. It was quite tasty.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

This sure applied to Marty:
Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 6.49.32 PM.png

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CEA55537-A6C3-44BA-83F5-37E86498505E.jpeg
Marcy-being a manager wouldn’t be so bad if you didn’t have to deal with personalities. I have a great group, but wow-sometimes there are personality clashes. You would hate me as an employee because I can’t be on time to save my life. But I put in a long day, don’t take breaks or lunch and stay as long as I need to get everything done for the day. My assistant left today for a 2 week cruise, and another employee is about to pop out a baby. I told her she had to hold that thing in there until I leave for vacation next Friday. If she goes into labor at work, I believe I’ll pass out! Don’t laugh at my picture. As you can tell, I’m no artist! It did the job though.

Dee*Jay- yay! New car!!! I will ALWAYS encourage people to get new cars. I think that’s a trait I got from my dad, because nobody else in my family is the least bit interested in them. As much as I love my BMW and it’s only a little over 2, I’m excited to trade it for a new and more awesome model at the end of this year. I hope everything works out with the one you’re going to check out. I’m excited! The hair thing is too funny. My lady is great with color and my once a year keratin treatment, but I have gone a few other places to try to get the right cut. I don’t have time to go traipsing around everywhere trying to get both cut & color!

It felt so nice today to have on a springy outfit and sandals. It’s warm through the weekend and then snow on Monday. It gets warm just long enough to give you hope, then BAM! Cold and snow. Marcy-the meme you posted is perfect! My mom had to have oral surgery today and the twerp didn’t tell anyone until she texted me last night after I had taken a big dose of NyQuil and was almost asleep. So nobody knew or was there to go with her, but one sister jumped into action after I texted her this morning and went to check on her, and the other sister is staying the night. I’m glad they’re both close. Sounds like mom has several stitches and was hurting enough to actually take a pain pill. She never wants to be a bother, but not telling us makes it worse. Argh! Have a wonderful Friday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, what a POS to use that donation thing when in reality he wasn't doing anything good on his own at all! And your employees continually amaze me... as I'm sure they do you, LOL. You're a better man than I am to put up with their shenanigans!

Deegee, LOL for drawing it out -- but it was a great idea and it WORKED! As for your mom... oy. I'm glad she's ok though and good for her for taking a pill when she needs it. I hope her recovery goes fast and smooth!

Last night a friend came over and I did his taxes pretty quickly so we just sat around a bit and drank a bottle of red wine. Then a neighbor came over to complain about the mail lady continually putting someone else's mail in her box. Because... I work for the post office... ??? Uh huh. Well, thanks for telling me, LOL. That visit involved the opening (although not the completion) of a second bottle of red wine. I went to bed early, and then TR called me (waking me up!) and we talked until midnight or so.

Tonight I have Nothing To Do and it will be GLORIOUS!

I've got two inspections tomorrow, one at 9 am and another at 10:30. I'm sure the 9 am won't be done by 10:30 so I'll have to make a decision about whether to stay at the first one or go over to the second one. But somehow it will all get done, because, well, it's just always does!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Saturday.

Deegee, that is a great illustration. I like the idea. Thanks! And trust me you can draw 10,000 times better than I can.
I agree with you that being a manager isn’t bad except for dealing with personalities. I was so mad at them yesterday I walked in a chewed them out. They were all talking but primarily the biggest whiner was complaining about a guy on another team. He sends us schedules. He has only done that schedule she was complaining about for less than 2 months and she was loudly complaining about how bad it was. He heard her and went and asked his boss if he was that bad. I was so mad I went in and chewed them all out saying I was absolutely fed up with the back stabbing, finger pointing, gossiping and complaining about other people in here so knock it off.
I hope your employee doesn’t go in too labor at work. I’d freak out.
My employees are hourly so honestly if they are late they are hurting themselves but our senior manager is adamant about punctuality. I have always told my team it is the dumbest thing you can do by being late all the time because if you get yourself in trouble they’ve got another thing they can nail you for on a write up or performance plan.
Marty and I are with you on getting new cars. Marty was cruising the Ford dealer this morning looking at F150. He likes the new shades they have in blue or red.
I am so glad your sisters are close to your mom and go check on her. That is too bad she didn’t tell you guys but I can’t say i am surprised. Of course in both of our cases our parent’s children aren’t stubborn either. Ha Ha. I hope she starts to feel better soon.
At least you are having a nice weekend. We got maybe 2 inches of snow yesterday but the wind has been brutal and is still bad today. There are 15” drifts some places and then huge areas of dry. We may hit 70 degrees on Monday when the snow is showing up there.

Dee Jay, I agree about that salesman. The $2500 scam was bad enough but the flat out lie that he personally donates the money soured me forever against that dealership. Merceds always appeal to me when we are looking because they pick up your car and leave you a loaner while they service your vehicle. I’d rather take in my Porsche and know my salesman isn’t a jerk.
I am really ticked at my employees for making that guy feel bad (see above.) The girl who was bad mouthing him is the first person to complain loud and long if someone is mean to her or says anything about her yet she is totally judgmental and very vocal about it. i plan on giving them a lecture on Monday about the reputation their room is getting and I am also going to point out yes if you are a minute late - you are considered late. If you don’t like it find another job. They are wearing me out.
Wine and taxes sounds like a fun evening. I haven’t heard back from the CPA I took ours too so I guess I will see if I hear from her on Monday. If not, I’ll definitely call on Tuesday and make sure she submits an extension notice for us. I can’t imagine it would take her long. She wanted to know about mileage for Marty’s gym but since he had no clients so I told her we probably shouldn’t count that. She is going to put down 50% of his cell phone bill.
Joy to hearing about the complaints for the U.S. Postal Service. We have those bill group mailboxes here that service maybe 80 to 100 homes and I find stuff in my mailbox all the time that isn’t ours.
Did you end up enjoying a quiet evening of doing nothing last night?
I have no doubt you managed to juggle both inspections today.

My cleaning lady was sick today. Shocking, I know. She said she could come Monday. We’ll see. If she doesn’t I have another lady I am going to talk to for cleaning.

We watched TV last night and I read during commercials. So far I have enjoyed Origin but I have to admit the big discovery that book builds up to was disappointing. I don’t know how much I have left to read but I hope to finish it today.

We went out for breakfast this morning. I swear for 2 of us we had enough food on the table for 5 people. I ordered their basic bacon, eggs, hash browns and got pancakes instead of toast. Marty ordered an omelet with toast and hash browns, a second omelet without the sides and a cup of fruit. So then I said ooh I’ll have some fruit too so we basically had 4 plates each. I didn’t eat half of my food but Marty got all of his down except he only ate a little bit of toast.

We followed up breakfast with a trip to the grocery store. Since I had muscles with me to pack in everything I stocked up on all sorts of things. Ha! I was going to go wander the Hallmark store while Marty checked out but they weren’t open yet. That probably saved us some money.

Tonight we are meeting my sister and some of her family for dinner in Colorado. If the wind is still howling (gusting in the 60’s or higher) we will probably take the truck.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby / Marcy

Last edited:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday morning kids!

Curby, I need to go to the grocery store too... although I will almost certainly find a way to put it off a big longer, LOL. When I do make the trip though, I'll definitely needs muscles with me because I've got LOTS to buy!

Yesterday my 9 am inspection went south immediately (as I suspected it might) so I made it to my 10:30 with plenty of time to spare. Then I took the modem back to Xfinity from the boathousee, stopped at Nordstrom rack in search of short black boots (no dice, but I did get another pair of jammie bottoms in my favorite brand), and got a sandwich, chips and a cookie at Potbelly's... all of which I ate... and then felt absolutely stuffed afterwards. Ugh. A big nap then ensued, and I spent the rest of the evening reading and trolling ebay. I'm debating a Cartier rolling ring wth ceramic; the regular version is only about $700/$800, but the one with diamonds that I really want is much more -- of course!

Today I'm taking a friend to see a couple of things in her suburb, and then I'll haul around the lady who's deal fell through yesterday to a couple of open houses. There's a unit that looks great in pictures so if she likes it I hope she writes an offer.

I'm supposed to take Billy Ray III from the dealer in Evanston to the Porsche dealer in Highland Park (about 15 miles away) tomorrow morning for a pre-purchase inspection but we have SNOW in the forecast. I have NO desire to drive that care in the snow EVER, let alone when i don't even own it, but who knows when I can get another time slot for the inspection, and I don't want the dealer to think I'm jerking them around and not serious about buying it. Here's to hoping for a miraculous warm up over night!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I know we are both reluctant grocery shoppers. It seems like such a chore but sooner or later we just have to crack. I always contemplate having things delivered but only one store offers that service here. The same store allows you to shop and pay online then they bring it out to your car when we get there. I hate their parking lot though so I rarely go there. Darn that your first inspection went south at least that enabled you to make the 10:30 inspection. Sounds like you still found something you wanted at Nordstrom's. Nice! I really like those Cartier rings; hopefully you'll find a bargain on one with the diamonds you want. Good luck with the showings today. I hope you can get Billy Ray III to the Porsche dealer for an inspection tomorrow. Stupid snow storms.

We had a nice time last night meeting my sister and most of her family for supper. We didn't eat until really late though so we got home about 10 but it was fun catching up with everyone. Marty even kept the Porsche at only 5 miles over the speed limit. :lol:

I am working on laundry today. Nothing else exciting. We are going to have a London Broil and corn on the cob cooked on the grill for supper.

Laters,
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I am on the fence about getting a Cartier rolling ring. I decide that I’m going to do it, then back off. I just can’t seem to take that final step. But if you get one, maybe that will be the push I need! I haven’t seen one with ceramic. I’m going to have to look that up. We have snow in the forecast tonight too, after it was 91 yesterday. Maybe you will get lucky and it will pass you buy and you can go get that inspection. I hope it works out!

Marcy-I used to have a cleaning lady who wasn’t super reliable, so now I have a licensed and bonded service. I’m on their schedule every week for the same day, and the only time they never showed was when we had a freak 20-inch snowstorm a few years ago. Whew! Your employees sound like a handful...some of them anyway. I have no patience anymore and was probably more short with a new employee last week than I needed to be, but at some point you have to learn to do your job. Glad you had a nice visit with your sister and family, and good job not speeding!

We went to Ky yesterday to visit mom. Poor thing has a black and blue, swollen face. She looks like she has been punched. She was up for going to dinner though, so we took her to an Italian restaurant thinking pasta would be a soft food she could eat with a swollen mouth and stitches. We had a nice dinner, then one sister stopped by her house to visit before we left. I really needed to pack today because we’re leaving Friday afternoon for a 2-week vacation, but instead I parked it on the couch and watched the 5th season of Bates Motel on Netflix. I still don’t have much energy from being sick, but I need to get myself together and get packed because Friday will be here quickly. Have a great Monday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I wish you had come and done MY laundry over the weekend! I was looking for pants to put on this morning and realized all the black ones that fit me were in the hamper so I had to resort to a brown pair that's just a leeeeetle snugger than I'd like.

Deegee, I have an unbranded rolling ring that I bought in Rome at a little jewelry store at the base of the Spanish Steps over 20 yeas ago. It is more "valuable" to me because of the whole experience (I sat on the steps and opened the bag and unwrapped the box--which I still have!--and put it on and it was part of My Rome Experience) than if it was the real Cartier. It struggling with the plain ceramic one because I know I'd never have to take it off (just like I never take this one off to wash my hands or put lotion on) or the pave one because... well... it's sparkles!

So... I'm supposed to be driving BRIII to the Porsche dealer right now for his inspection... but it's snowing. I am, to say the least, not eager to drive a 911 -- even someone else's! -- with summer performance tires when it's 28 degrees and snowing, so I pushed it back to Thursday. WTF is up with this weather?! Plus, TR and I didn't get together last night since it wasn't a good idea for either of us to have to drive to work in these conditions this morning, and it's not looking much better for tonight.

The good news is my friend and the seller have come to a deal on the place we made an offer on yesterday! Passing documents back and forth right now. Thank god for technology!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-your ring story is awesome. I love it! As for a new one... I love the sparkly ones! I don’t blame you for not wanting to drive a 911 with summer performance tires in the snow. I’d be scared to drive one on a perfectly dry, sunny day. I thought the snow missed us, but no. It looked like a blizzard when I left work this evening.

Marcy-I almost made it to work on time this morning. I left home in plenty of time and got all the way to the building, then had to back out of the parking lot into the street and go around to another parking lot entrance because the one I always take was blocked. Then I had to park at the very end of the lot. I clocked in 1-minute late and thought “yep, Marcy would be yelling at me for that minute!” Haha!

I still haven’t packed a thing, but I’m going to bed early. I’d be worried about myself if the other people who had this flu at the same time as me were all back to normal, but we are all fatigued still. I’ll pack tomorrow. I stopped by the eye dr after work to pick up my contact lenses, but they were the wrong prescription. All was not lost though. I took in one of my extra pairs of glasses (my second newest prescription) that I had stepped on and broke the frame to see about repair. They couldn’t be repaired, but the nice opticial assistant was able to find another frame (different designer) that fit my lenses perfectly. She just popped them right in. Instead of having to shell out $900 for new glasses, I was only out $180 for the frame. Sweet! Have a great day tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, you know if you and Dee Jay both get a Cartier rolling ring then I’ll probably have to get one too. I’ve been in to just plain gold pieces lately. We may go with a cleaning service. The cleaning lady didn’t show up at 8 today so I send her a text and she said - oh I can’t come until 3:30 when I get off my other job. She failed to mention that. But wow is she doing a fabulous job this afternoon. Everything smells clean and is all shiny. Another lady is coming to talk to us Wednesday and see our house. I am not sure this a good start though she asked me to remind her that day so she doesn’t forget. I am with you that employees do need to learn to do their jobs. I have become less tolerant with the same old stuff. I am sure your mom enjoyed your visit and going out to dinner. I feel bad for her bruised face. I hope she is feeling better this week. Yes, Friday will be here before you know it. I hope you didn’t get much snow. I wouldn’t say a word about you being 1 minute late; I know how much you work. That’s great you were able to just put your lenses in another frame. I sure like the Oakley’s I got this year; a nice blue and comfy.

Dee Jay, darn that the pair of pants you wanted weren’t clean. You could sneak in your laundry here and I’d never notice. The rolling ring from Rome sounds like a very precious treasure. I am sure you relive that moment again and again. I don’t blame you for not wanting to take out the 911 in such wintery conditions. My luck someone would slide in to me. At least this time of year lots of snow melts fast - or at least on the roads anyway. Good deal your friend made an offer on that place that was accepted. Woo hoo!!!

I forgot to tell you guys my heart stopping moment the other day. I was taking off one of my studs and dropped both the earring and back in the sink. I caught the earring but the back went down the drain. I have a baggie of assorted backs and not one of them fit. One of my earrings though has a back that works. No one will know my YG earring has a WG back.

It’s gorgeous here today. Wind is coming back tomorrow and maybe some snow on Wednesday.

I didn’t hear from the CPA today so I called the office and the guy I talked to said no our taxes aren’t ready yet but yes they filed an extension on the 14th. I hope that’s true. Oh no M&M are going to jail for tax evasion.

Laters,
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Deegee, it's great you were able to get your lenses popped into new frames and it it didn't cost you an arm and a leg! How's that packing going... ;-)

Curby, OH NO about the earing/earing back! I live in mortal fear of dropping something down the drain, or worse, into the floor vent at TR's. The stuff nightmares are made of!

Last night TR came over and we didn't do much. I didn't sleep well, even though we went to bed early, and every time I rolled over he was half awake too. I'm sure we're BOTH tired today! Tonight I'll head out his way.

I NEED to get some work done today. Ugh. Piles and piles...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......I keep getting bogged down and then days turn to a couple weeks away. I briefly scanned the posts. Marcy, yay for improving vision! And I see it warmed up enough to go to work without a coat. Woo Hoo!

DeeJay, glad to see you and TR are doing well. Aren't sleepless nights the absolute worst. Nothing worse than trying to get through a day when you're a zombie.

Deegee, I'm glad you're feeling better. I missed where you're going that you need to pack for?

I didn't get better after the last round of antibiotics. In fact, I got worse, so now I'm on something way more powerful and will be on it for a full month. I hate having to live on antibiotics, but what can I do. Yesterday was bad, but today I'm feeling much better. Works has been a bear, but I continue to do really well. I've already (forgive me if I mentioned this a couple weeks ago) surpassed my annual quota by the end of March.

Today is our 3 year wedding anniversary. And this summer it will be 38 years together. We didn't do anything special tonight. We're going to dinner with my brother and SIL to celebrate as today is their anniversary as well. We got married at the same time. I remember when we were having our ceremony on the beach. It drew spectators and I remember people pointing at us. They must have been saying, OK, a man and a woman and two men getting married at the same time? If I could have only heard what they were really saying! LOL

Did I ever give you a link to Yahoo.com documentary where at the end there are scenes from our wedding? It won the Edward R Murrow documentary of the year when it ran. If I didn't here you go. Charlie is a hero and we were blessed to be in this Yahoo Documentary.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/uniquely-nasty--the-u-s--governments-war-on-gays-191808993.html

I guess that's enough catching up. I'll be around. Promise!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, dropping jewelry down the drain or down the floor vent is the stuff nightmares are made of for sure. Years ago Marty bought me a pearl ring that had 2 pearls on it in a bypass design. I was pulling off a turtleneck sweater and the cuff caught on my ring pulling a pearl off. It arched across the room, flying over the bed and went right down the floor vent. It didn’t even hit the slots but you could hear it spiraling down the ducting. Marty was able to pull ducts apart and dig around inside to find the pearl. I don’t think you could do that on purpose if you tried. Oh no that you and TR didn’t sleep well last night.

Rod, I was very sorry I didn’t have a coat when i left work today. The wind is gusting in the 80 mph range and wow was it chilly in that wind. I need gas but I’ll wait. I hate to hear you had to start another round of antibiotics. I hope these take care of things for you. That is wonderful you have surpassed your year’s quota already. Yes my eye is a little better; this morning I could tell the difference between black and navy blue in our clothes closet. Happy Anniversary to you and Charlie!!! 3 years is fabulous but 38 years is awesome. You did give us that link before because I checked it out. Thanks.

We had a date night for a change. We went to a nice, quiet Italian restaurant and visited for awhile. Marty leaves for LA this Sunday again and he signed up today to be a coach at Fitness One so he may be gone a lot even if he is in town. Hopefully he’ll start getting some clients that way. He seems excited about it.

Here is a picture I took tonight of the Moon and Venus.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby
IMG_3710.JPG

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-those are long, miserable nights when nobody sleeps. I have been crashing pretty hard lately, but Lily woke me up at 4 this morning to go out. She sprained her back this winter and had to take a steroid for a month, which caused her to eat everything in sight and drink tons of water. She’s been off the steroid for a month and her appetite is back to normal but she still drinks lots of water, which causes a necessary middle of the night potty run!

Marcy-you caused my heart to skip a beat there for a second! I’m glad you found your earring. Matt has had to take the sink drain apart a time or two for me. Those darn earrings bounce. That’s hilarious the other cleaning lady asked for a reminder! That does not bode well at all. Are you still having improvement with your vision? I remember reading that you don’t know what caused it. I injured my eye 2 years ago and have lost vision in my left eye, but at least I know exactly what happened. The center vision is faded and shadowy (or very dark, depending on the lighting). I’ve kind of learned to live with it, but I struggle on days I’m really tired. I hope yours will continue getting better.

Rod-Hi! Happy anniversary to you & Charlie, and your brother and SIL! I remember when you posted the pictures. I have bookmarked the link you posted to watch on vacation. We’re heading to the Outer Banks for 2 weeks on Friday. We have a fabulous oceanfront home there that we’ve rented so many times, I feel like it is my house. I’m sorry to hear you have been so sick, and I hope you’re finally on the mend. I had the flu a few weeks ago (yes, I had a flu shot in the fall). I spent a couple days unable to get out of bed, then have been slowly getting better. Just very fatigued.

Matt picked me up after work so we could make a quick Target run. We ate at the Olive Garden, and I swear my meal was at least 3 or 4 servings. I divided my leftovers up for us both for lunch tomorrow, and will probably still toss some. I haven’t packed a thing, and I absolutely have to get that done tomorrow. Laundry too. I can see me rushing around right before we leave on Friday cramming things into bags. Have a great Wednesday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Rod, I'm sorry to hear the first bout of meds didn't work, but hopefully this more powerful version will do the trick! And 38 years together... I can't imagine someone being willing to put up with me that long, ha ha.

Curby, TR and I noticed the moon and venus when we were driving back from dinner last night. Very cool! And wow, what a shot with that pearl! You're right, you probably never could have done that on purpose!

Deegee, poor Lily! Those middle of the night potty runs are a b!tch. The Demon and Oscar have had to do those at various times and and I could think of in my zombie state was Doggggggie Doooooor... !

last night after we got back from dinner TR's dogs were going WILD. We turned on the back yard light and there was a coyote right off the deck. He didn't bolt with the light on either, he just moved back into the shadow and sat there looking at us. One of TR's dogs is small (a jack russel) so this is pretty scary.

Today I've got a bunch of work to do and then my two work besties and I are going to lunch at Maggianos and taking a field trip to Cartier to look at gifts for people's anniversaries this year (we do pens for 5 years, watches for 10 years, and... um... I can't remember beyond that... ). I want to look at the ceramic rings again to be certain of the sizing in case I do finally pull the trigger.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, I hate those middle of the night potty runs and poor Lily has to go outside on top of it. Oh no that she sprained her back; I hope she is all better now. Marty had to take our sink apart a few times as well but usually I’ve had the water running when I dropped something in the sink. I do remember you injured your eye and I hate to hear you have permanent issues with your vision. What you described is very similar to what I see or should I say don’t see. The scar on my retina is right on the macula and can’t be fixed or removed. I see wavy lines, central gray / fuzzy areas and it pinches the view as well making everything smaller. I notice it more in dim light too. The edema made all of that worse so with the edema going down everything improved but it won’t go away. I completely failed the depth perception test and the color vision one (the dots of different colors where they ask you what you see). That’s great you have a place you like so well that you rent it again and again. You know what you are getting. They do serve a lot of food at Olive Garden, we get multiple lunches from what we bring home. I brought home fettucinne Alfredo last night and it did not reheat well at all. I threw the other batch away tonight. Lasagna and spaghetti reheat well but that’s about all I like warmed up.

Dee Jay, I am glad to hear you and TR saw the moon and Venus last night; it was pretty. Oh no to having a coyote in the back yard at TR’s. i am surprised he didn’t bolt when the light came on; I wonder if someone around there feeds him and he’s not afraid of people. Do tell about your outing to Cartier. What did you see? What did you like? Did you bring home something for Dee? Are you having that 911 checked tomorrow and taking it for a spin? You know you’d look way cooler driving it around with a new Cartier ring on your hand. Just saying.

It was pretty nice here today.

Guess who “cancelled” on us today and will stop by tomorrow? I believe I’ve totally lost interest in her. I’ve already got that problem and I know how well one of them cleans.

Have a fabulous evening.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay- I have to completely agree with Marcy about the 911 and Cartier ring. I’ve never been to a Cartier. I have a feeling they’d spin me around and shove me right back out the door! I’m anxious to hear how the 911 inspection goes. Coyotes are scary, especially with small pets. We had a problem with them a few years ago where they would come right into the yard or sit in the driveway. We basically live in the woods so I guess it’s their territory, but I don’t have to like them. They haven’t been around for a while and mysteriously, we have no more bunnies or squirrels.

Marcy-I hate to hear your eye issue is permanent too. There is a surgery for my issue, but it isn’t very successful and it sounds like vision is worse than what I’ve gotten used to. I’ll pass. I have a terrible time seeing at night with oncoming traffic, and rain/snow is nearly impossible. I have a pair of sunglasses from the eye dr that have a little up close prescription, and they have light and glare filters that really help my driving vision in the daytime. I also have a pair of glasses to wear over my contacts at work that filter blue light, fluorescent light & glare that help tremendously. I have 18 ft (6 3ft bulbs) of fluorescent light directly over my head in my office and I was sure struggling! Poor Lil really hurt her back, but she seems to be back to her normal, crazy self. She’s 9, and I swear she still bounces off walls.

I was able to wear my rings today. Yay! First time in 4 months. When I got home from work, I decided they needed cleaned. Then I decided everything in my jewelry box needed a bath, then I did laundry and packed. I absolutely love the size of my BMW, it’s perfect for me and very comfy. But there isn’t a ton of room for lots of stuff. Lily takes up most of the back seat, so we have the floor boards and cargo area completely stuffed when we take it on vacation. Matt’s Pilot has more room, but my car has a more comfy ride. Friday is almost here. Yippee!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, what on earth is up with your cleaning people?! I've had two long term people over the years and they were both GREAT. Maybe I could find their numbers and see if they'd like to relocate... ?

DeeGee, I'm so proud of you for packing! (Says the girl who STARTS throwing stuff in a suitcase two hours before the flight leaves, LOL. What can I say -- I work better under pressure!

So my day got seriously derailed... The lunch at Maggianos was pushed to next week because my friend in HR was sucked into a major thing, and the trip to Cartier was therefore also postponed. My Little wasn't at school yesterday so I didn't have BBBS either, so I got mysteriously motivated and did some serious WORK. I left the office after nine (frankly I could have spent the night and still had more to do!) and it was snowing/raining like mad. I was soaked by the time I walked the four blocks to where I park my car. When I got home I had to use a hairdryer I was so drenched. Speaking of hair, I'm in SERIOUS need of a cut. I'm wondering if should do it though or wait a week because we've got our company's annual meeting next Wednesday and I don't want to go to that with some funky new 'do if my girl gets a little scissor happy, which she sometimes does.

And I think Today Is The Day! Even though it did snow here, and it's only 35, at least it's completely sunny and should warm up into the mid 40s. Unless the dealer doesn't want me to take the car out for it's inspection I'm ready to go!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D65162F3-729A-43D5-9247-F8D614DB01DD.jpeg D0628ED8-414F-4C18-8719-CB16F41E9212.jpeg

Here are pics of my unbranded rolling ring and a stack with a black ring I got somewhere for $6 that I’ve been wearing to see how I feel abt the black and diamonds together.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOAH!!! Sorry about the GIANT hand pics!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new baby was delivered promptly at 2 pm today, weighing in at 3,219 lbs, 177.1 inches long, and zero to sixty in 3.9 seconds. Fast fun and low to the ground, junior takes after his momma!

I'll take some "glamour shots" this weekend in a nicer place than just my parking lot. ;-)

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woa on the new baby DeeJay. WOWOWOWOWOWA! May you drive her (why are cars referred to as her?) in the greatest of health and happiness. Your hands look so youthful, btw.

Marcy that pic was cool.

DeeGee, I hope you have a wonderful trip and am glad you're over the flu. This year was majorly bad on the flu front. I know several people who had flu shots and yet still got one of the strains floating around out there.

So, I'm feeling better today. I hope they've got me on the right medicine. I've got 20 more days to go before I'm finished, so I won't know till then.

Sorry for the quick flyby, but that's about all the news on my side of the fence.

Here are a couple pics of Eri and Emi I took with new DSLR my company gave me a couple months ago. Of course I had to resize them much smaller in order to post them here. Are they the CUTEST or what??!!

Eri Forum Size.JPG
Emi Forum Size.JPG

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay- AWESOME!!! I can’t wait for glamour shots. Congrats!! What color is the interior? And I really like the black with the pave. So the Cartier ring would be kind of like that, but rolling? I like it. I’ve been looking for an onyx ring of some kind. Lang’s antiques had one a few months ago that I thought about hinting to Matt as a bday gift, but I picked out cushion halo dangle earrings instead.

Rod-the cats are so beautiful, and the pictures are very crisp! Nice camera. I’m sitting on the couch right now with a 20lb cat on my leg. I have one cat that is very social, and the other is a little more shy. They’re from the same litter and have always been together, but have very different personalities!

Hi Marcy!

I took a step backwards today. I have been coughing really hard today, and one of my coworkers recommended a cough medicine. I picked a bottle up at lunch and took a dose, and had kind of a bad reaction to it. My heart started racing and my forehead was pounding. Those have settled down, but now I’m really dizzy. Hopefully this will pass with a good nights sleep. We leave tomorrow afternoon! Have a wonderful Friday.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no on the cough DeeGee. Maybe you should call your doctor before you go and get a script for the cough. There's nothing worse than coughing your way through a [hopefully] relaxing vacation.

Our little girls are also litter mates. They couldn't be more different in personality if they tried. But they're super sweet and we just adore them to pieces.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Rod, the kitties are absolutely gorgeous, as always! And thank you for the comment on my hands -- when I see pics I'm like, who's that old lady wearing my rings!

Deegee, are you specifically looking for onyx or something black? Here is the Cartier ring with two white gold bands and one black ceramic. The "Cartier" is almost invisible in real life BTW. There are a bunch on Ebay for about seven or eight hundred bucks that I'm 99.9% certain are real.

s-l225.jpg

Not much to report between last night and this morning, LOL. I did peek out the front door while my coffee was going to make sure Billy Ray was still there, ha ha. I just ordered a tow hook license plate holder so in case I ever get pulled over for having no front plate (a requirement in Illinois, but I refuse to drill the front bumper!) I can say, "Oh officer, I have a front plate holder kit but I can't figure out how to get it on. It's in my 'trunk' -- can I show it to you? I have to go to the dealer to get it installed." If I ever need to do that we'll see if it works...

Today the only thing on my agenda is to go and see a unit with one of my clients that we want to list once his tenant moves out in June. I should also go get a city sticker for BRIII, but I'm going to see if I can order that online. Not sure if that will work because it all goes through an electronic system and I don't know how quickly that will get updated with my plate and registration info since I just got it yesterday.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results