carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, I remember your ruby ring now! I love it and the earrings with it are fabulous. You got a SCREAMING good deal on those!!! I may have overdone it with my PT exercise these past two nights. I actually had to get out of bed here this morning and take some of the drugs the doc gave me because it is super uncomfortable. I'm going to lay off until Monday when I got back to the PT place and see if it helps. LED candles are GREAT! I wish I could use them in my listings, but the flickering photographs weird. Maybe it would work if I ever got around to trying videos.

Well yesterday was pretty much a bust. I went into work but got distracted looking at settings for Pinkie. Then I reviewed a twenty-two page marketing piece... only to have the marketing lady tell me after I submitted comments that it was already reviewed back in July. I thought it seemed familiar, but some many of these pieces are pretty much the same I didn't even question it. Her mia culpa was "oops ;-)" "Oops" my a$$!!! I left for the day at that point and went shopping. I wanted some new fleece lined tights, and snow pants. I got some tights, but I think I need to go back and get the smaller size. No luck on the snow pants. I do have some that I can get into, but they are tight. I wonder if I can lose ten pounds before I go to Zermatt in two weeks LOL.

Alright, off to pack an order so Liam can take it to the post office when he heads to the local auction today.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Yesterday was super productive! Saturday night I washed up a boatload of purple glass I'd bought before x-mas and listed it all yesterday. I also took pics for some other listings after I got all that purple packed up and down into the basement. As much as I wanted a nap at that point, I powered through and cleaned up the storage room under the stairs and got all the x-mas stuff down and organized. That was a big load off!

Today I have so much to do I'm about ready to run screaming from the building. I had a call with my old boss this morning and I am hopeful something will come of it. I also have that second interview with the other firm this afternoon. So fingers crossed SOMETHING will work out! If not... I'll just keep trying.

Not much else to report, just swamped and doing my best to keep my head above water while ticking small things off my list one by one!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, how is your knee doing? I hope taking it easy from PT for a few days helped.

I did get a screaming deal on those earrings. Score!

I’m enjoying my LED candles. That would be neat to get them in some of your pictures.

How did the 2nd interview go? Sorry you are so busy at work and phooey to reviewing the same document again. Is your old boss trying to get you to come back to work?

Did you find some warm clothes? I need some fleece lined pants and snow pants. I dug out a poncho I bought when I broke my wrist last year. It is way big on me and I never wore it because I read reviews (post ordering it) that it sheds. I thought it might come in handy when I’m cold. If it sheds, it is going in my stack to donate.

So we’ve been busy and are signed papers tonight to have a house built. The builder is a small single owner and generally won’t accept contingent offers so hopefully selling out house works out so we don’t have to move twice. Right now the closing date would be October 31, but the lady we are dealing with says it’s usually two months earlier than they expect. It’s funny, this is one of the ladies we worked with to build this house. So we’d put our house on the market in mid-July. One day I’ll look back at this and drink or laugh or both.

I got the back of a vest done tonight. I might need to go pick up one more skein of yarn, but I guess I’ll see how far the second skein goes on the front. It’s an open vest so there’s a right side and a left side. It’s variegated yarn and I am impressed how neatly it works in to rows. I hope the front does the same thing.

Work has been hectic with nothing but videos. I hardly get anything else done.

We met from friends in Colorado for dinner Saturday night but not much else other than deciding to take this leap.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, you are moving along with the house -- awesome! Are you happy about it? Is Marty over the moon? I think the second interview went well, but of course you never know unless you get a call back for a third one LOL. My old boss went and talked to the person who took my role and he (the guy) told him he was fully on board with brining me back, so we'll see. PT is fine... but it seems like I just get to feeling pretty good and I have to go back and hurt myself all over again, ha ha.

I'm so far under water I may never get to the surface! Work, work, work, and the pile just keeps getting deeper. Ugh.

No sales for the past few days, and two shipping snafus that I'm not sure how to fix.

I was thinking I'd run over to the Salvation Army after work today but the roads were a sheet of ice this morning and the temp has been hovering right around 32 all day so I'm going to just head home and consider myself lucky to get there in one piece.

Alright, back to the grindstone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope whatever you decide to do for work, leads you to less stress and more money. Two important things in life, right? Oh no to shipping snafus. Will those packages come back to you okay? I am sure your sales will pick up in no time.

Since it was icy out I wouldn’t have ventured out either. We are seeing some melting here but more of that white stuff will be coming soon. It’s like January weather or something. Strnage.

I am more excited than not about the house. We are meeting Saturday to pick our selections and give them a deposit. I threw an entire trash bag away tonight from my collect-all room. Trash day is Wednesday, if I do that every week, it won’t seem so bad. As for the basement, Marty has his own mountain of boxes. At least they aren’t heavy.

Today was mostly working on videos. Such fun.

How is your knee doing?

I started the front of the vest I’m knitting tonight. I ran in to a section of yarn that has blue in it, I might start it over with the other skein. It looks like a grease spot almost. I’ve only got about 3” knit and it‘s like a big flaw in a diamond.

Laters,
Curby #atleasttheresmonthstopack

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, did you get two job offers today? IMO, you should.

These countdown videos are going to drive me crazy, that pretty much what I did all day.

The contract on the house is in limbo right now, but hopefully resolved tomorrow. We aren’t putting down a deposit until we know Marty can build his observatory. At least they are asking questions not saying no. It’s a 16x24 foot shed with a roll off roof but has the braces sticking out like a Pergola cover. I’m sure it’ll have to match the house as well. The sales lady will come get the plans tomorrow and we’ll see what happens. I just want this to be OVER. I had groceries delivered again today because I ran out of time to venture to the store.

I’m going to start the front of my vest over because those dark streaks of yarn are way too obvious to me. If I run in to more, I’m going to see if Hobby Lobby will give me a new skein. I need to buy another anyway.

Some of the “girls” are coming over for lunch tomorrow. I might break out some wine.

Laters,
Curby

Here's the vest and hopeful floor plan.

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 9.52.07 AM.png
IMG_0173.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, your vest is GORGEOUS! But agree agree about those areas. It would bug me too. I love the floorplan, and I hope the observatory can be figured out. And I hear ya on just wanting it to be OVER. I've gotten to that point many a time in the course of a property deal/project. No job offers yet. The big company said I'd likely hear something "by the end of the week" about next steps. I'm not going to reach out to my old boss again until I hear from the other one so I hopefully have some more leverage. But of course now I'm enjoying THIS job more at the moment, so go figure!

Tuesday night Liam and I went to dinner to celebrate the signing of HIS new job paperwork. He starts next week. Last night I went to PT, and I will again tonight. This is the first time I'm going two days in a row, and even though I've been doing the exercises at home I'm sure it will be different doing it there because they work me harder LOL.

My sales have been super slow... and really weird these past several days. Yesterday, after not having anything for two days, I got a sale at 7:03 pm and another one at 7:04 pm. ????? I wasn't in a mood to pack them last night so I got up early this morning and did it.

The Fed examiners are still here. I really like them so I don't mind, but dealing with them takes time away from other things I could be doing so I'll be glad to see them go tomorrow.

Alright, off to review some stuff and yell at some people. Yanno -- the usual!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

I'm in the office today. Ugh. The Fed Examiners are exiting and we need to have a meeting before they head out the door. The good news about being here is we're ordering sushi for lunch. It's probably a good thing I'm in because quarterly certifications are due on the 30th and I need to go through my list and see who's still outstanding.

Last night's PT was a killer -- two days in a row is rough!

I need to queue up a bunch of stuff tonight for listing tomorrow because this weekend is my last chance for a few weeks.

Alright, off to make a list!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I’m alive. I swear I answered this earlier this weekend. Apparently, I did not.

Sounds like work was busy for you and fun to get all those quarterly certificates turned in. Nice the Liam is starting a new job tomorrow. Maybe you will be doing that soon as well.

How is your knee doing?

Still not a darn word on the observatory. However, the builder has listed our house as pending. Ooh. We went to dinner out there last night then drove to our potential lot to watch the sunset. They started on the house on the lot south of where out house would be. Let’s hope we hear something soon.

I chased around town a lot this weekend looking for yarn. I finally ended up with the same brand and similar colors. It’s a different style of yarn. That one section has a bit more gray in it, but other areas match quite a bit. It’ll do.

It’s kind of nice here now. Yay.

Laters,
Curby

IMG_0182.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, Are the houses in the area where you're moving to farther apart than the neighborhood you're in now? Hopefully the building gets back to your about the observatory soon. I really love the pattern of your new vest and it's good you found some yarn that will work. My knee was pretty sore on Friday after two consecutive days of PT. I am not going to do that again. I even had to get up about three in the morning to take a pill and get the ice back. Nothing new on the job front from either the company I interviewed with or my old one. That's OK though, I'm feeling weirdly zen about my current job lately. I'm sure that won't last though LOL.

I worked through a ton of inventory backlog this weekend, including an entire tub of Fostoria blue glass I completely forgot I even bought! There was a time when if I'd found blue depression glass I would have built a shrine to it and worshiped there every morning. Now, a giant lot of it sat under the dining room table without even crossing my mind -- ha!

Saturday Liam and I ran to the Salvation Army in the afternoon and got take-out sushi for dinner. Yesterday I didn't leave the house, I just listed, listed, listed. Only two orders came in over the weekend so I packed those up last night.

Today I need to track down the half dozen people who still owe me certification stuff. Ugh. Hamster, meet wheel!

Alight, off to yell as some people!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, the area we want to move to has lots from 5 to 8 acres. The lot we are looking at is at the end of a cut-de-sac. There would be houses nearby but not like on a city block. I’ll try to remember to text you the lots and aerial map to you. We STILL don’t know anything. The builder’s realtor emailed tonight she hoped to talk to that guy who is back from vacation in the morning. I have never been this anxious to put a deposit down on something in my life.

I hope your knee is feeling better. I tried bending my bum knee more, it’s sore now. Good luck with your PT.

That’s good you are feeling good about your current position. I looked up Fostoria blue. It’s pretty. I was going to pack up some stuff this weekend, but I figured why bother until I know it’s a go. Ha Ha. It gave me a break. I decided I’m starting on smaller rooms with less to do first.

It was in the 50’s here today. So strange. Not much new going on today, work, lift, knit. It’s 9:30 and I feel like it’s 2 a.m.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids.

Well, not a single word today on the observatory. Today was the same - work on videos and knit. The thrill-o-meter didn't show much activity.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, anything yet on the observatory... ? That's a TON of space -- you're going to love it! If you think of it send me the aerial view. You've got plenty of time to pack things, no need to rush. Knee is still there. I gotta say though, these pills are AMAZING. I started taking them yesterday in anticipation of the trip (I'm going to take them every day) and within an hour I felt better. If they weren't bad for my liver (or maybe it's my kidneys... ?) I swear I'd take them every day!

I've been a shopping MACHINE lately. Of course much of what I've bought it going back... Jeans are the bane of my existence. I might give up wearing them altogether LOL.

I've got a phone interview the recruiter for another PE firm today. And I'm giving up on going back to my old company. My boss is a PITA and I'm over it. (Of course ask me tomorrow and we'll see what direction the wind is blowing haha.)

Liam is on Day Two of the new job. So far so good LOL. I have to run to the post office at lunch because he's not sure he can get there given he actually has to do work now -- at least in the beginning.

Tonight I've got to do a slew of laundry, paint my nails, queue up all the returns I need to make, and find my suitcase for the trip. I made a list the other day but every time I turn around I'm adding something to it.

Alright, off to go help some guy do something he should be able to handle on his own. Welcome to my life!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, still no further word on the observatory other than what I sent you this morning. Grrrrrrrrrr. It's moving at a snails pace.

Woo hoo on the pills helping your knee. That's the way it goes on meds, it helps one thing and gives you two more problems.

I can never find jeans I like either. They are either uncomfortable or don't fit me right. I HAD to have 2 jean jackets and I take them off almost immediately. Guess I am a sweater, sweatshirt and knit pants person anymore.

That's great Liam is doing okay with his new job - day 2. And I do remember you thinking your former boss was a PITA. I am not surprised you have to go help someone do something they should already know how to do. I had a dream last night about that major PITA employee I used to have. I don't miss being a boss at all.

I worked on videos most of the day. I have twp more to get out of the way this week, and hopefully I can give them a rest for the rest of the week.

Where are you heading off to next?

I'm over half done with one side of the front of that vest. I do think the yarn matches well enough that I'll give it to my friend for her birthday.

Marty had to work late night for 2 nights in a row, but they got their project done so he should be back to regular hours.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I'm heading to Switzerland tomorrow. The usual crew; #2 and our friends. I almost bought a jean jacket at the One of a Kind Show last December, but talked myself out of it in time. It had some cool embroidery on the back, but I really would have never worn it and most certainly didn't need it! I've bought five pairs of jeans over the past week... and they're all going back. The new thing is high waisted, which seems like a good idea...until you actually have to SIT DOWN in them. I'm over it! Any more word from the builder?

Yesterday I got quite a bit done, but of course never enough. PT wasn't too bad, and I packed up an order for two sets of glasses when I got home. Today I am working working working, and then going home and seeing if I can do something about packing. It's going to be quite an adventure getting the stuff for an entire week in my carry on bag!

Alright, off to prep for a meeting. Fabulous...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, have a great time on your trip. And good luck getting a week worth of stuff in a carry on bag. Those high waistband pants aren’t fun. I had all sorts of embroidered jackets in high school and college. My mom made them all. I liked them then.

I will drop off our deposit check in the morning. Let the fun begin. I am anxious to see what we get to pick from for the house. I’ll try to take pictures.

It was nice here today. You would have enjoyed watching me change light bulbs on our garage today. Marty never took out the Christmas green bulbs, so I decided to go do it myself. I was almost tall enough to reach them so had to keep standing on my tip-toes and then I decided the light fixtures must have cost about $1.99 each because they seemed wobbly (probably damaged by our wind) so I had to keep starting over again and again to get them screwed in properly. All three of them worked when I turned them on, so SCORE!

Laters,
Curby

Safe travels!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Safe travels, Dee Jay.

I ventured out and paid the builder's deposit this morning. Since I was out - and the realtor said they were going to start moving dirt -
I decided to go look. Plus, test my ability to find the place. They started on our lot.

Curby

New home.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday from Switzerland kids!

Curby, your view is just to die for -- I can't wait to move into my room so I can enjoy it all the time! :lol: Did you change out the light bulbs with or without climbing up on a step ladder of some kind? If I did that I'd be in the ER for sure LOL.

Well the trip here went off without a hitch. Flight was on time and even though I had someone next to me (which was not the case until the last minute -- I was SO hoping for two seats to myself!) it was fine and I even slept a bit in between all the meals they gave us along the way. When I got to Zurich all my friends had already arrived and gotten their luggage so I hightailed it through passport control and met up with them on the platform of the train station. We hopped a train to Visp and then switched to a different train the rest of the way to Zermatt. That part was a little harrowing... it is only a six minute connection time and you have to go down and under the tracks and then back up again to get on the other train. We got separated along the way, but fortunately everyone made it onto the right one. Once we arrived in Zermatt the hotel shuttle picked us up and we were smooth sailing from then on.

Last night we went down into town for dinner. It wasn't a far walk but with the down and up I should have worn my knee brace. Plus my ankles are huge from the flight even though I wore compression socks, so now I'm lying on the couch with my feet over the back and and ice pack on my knee. Oy. It's only Day 1. I'm going to meet everyone for lunch at 2:30 but I can take the gondola there and the restaurant is just right across so I should be fine.

I just texted Liam and asked him to call me. He replied right away and was like "what's wrong?!" I didn't know what he meant... and then he pointed out it was 2:30 in the morning there so he assumed something must be wrong if I was reaching out at that time. Oops -- I did the time difference in the wrong direction, ha ha!

Alright, off to consider a shower and a slow gentle walk around town. I'll send pics of anything interesting!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope you and your knee are surviving walking around there. It is pretty though. That’s too funny about waking up Liam. Marty and I ran in to that frequently when he was working overseas a lot. I know one weekend he called me at 1 a.m. on a Friday night. Everyone was telling him he was going to wake me up. He bet them dinner I’d be awake. He won.

I did not use a step ladder to change the light bulbs, I stretched. Ha Ha.

Not much new going on here. We met with the builder on Saturday and got our things pictures out. Went very neutral on colors. The outside will be gray and a dark blue with white trim. Apparently we get more stone around the garage doors for free because they’ve built too many homes in the area with minimal trim. Ha. Then again the price they quoted for hinged French doors with blinds in lieu of sliding glass doors seems high so maybe they added the difference in there. Ha Ha. We didn’t do a lot of upgrades, I wanted cabinets over the washer and dryer. We wanted frosted glass on the front door and shower door. We are going with the vinyl flooring that looks as nice as hardwood but less likely to get dented or scratched. It’s a light redwood, white cabinets and blue cabinets in the island. Gas’s stove, gray quartz countertops and beige walls with white trim.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, are you packing your suitcase(s) with glassware to bring home? Or chocolate?

Not much new here. Work, knitting, esigning documents.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, no glass, but yes chocolate! I also picked up a couple of T-shirts for the ferals and a small souvenir for Liam. I think you're wise to go with neutrals for the finishes. So many colors look dated right away. You can always spice things up with accessories if you want, and then switch them out if you get tired of them. How's the vest coming?

These past few days have been very relaxing! I've tooled around town a bit, had some good food and wine, and just enjoyed being here. I do have a cold now though because #2 insists on sleeping with the door wide fvcking open. No joke. We're in SWITZERLAND. And it's WINTER. WTF. Last night I slept on the couch. At least the living room was warm!

Today I'm going to hike up to meet everyone for lunch since it's the last day. I also need to figure out how to get everything back in my suitcase, and I should really deal with that tonight because our train to Zurich is at 6:30 tomorrow morning. Ack.

Alright, off to see what the gang is doing!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, it sounds like you've had a great time. Mmm chocolate. Oh no to catching a cold. I'd be DYING if the door was open here. I hope you are feeling better sooner than later. Good luck getting everything in your suitcase. I swear stuff expands once you get somewhere.

I have about 1/2 of the front of the vest done and am still debating whether my friend gets it or not. You can tell a difference in the colors, some match, some don't. And I HATE the pattern, it was a free one online and I find mistakes in it every now and then. I told Marty, if i was a beginning knitter, I'd be lost. Speaking of lost, all my knitting patterns disappeared once we moved in here so maybe I'll find them when we move out.

They were going to level off our lot some more, so we ran out there this morning. The area is called Little Bear Estates, so I told Marty we need a sign for our house. See below. He rolled his eyes and didn't make any comment.

We have 8" of snow on the way. Joy.

Have a safe trip coming home.
Laters,
Curby
IMG_0218.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here's my idea:

TBE.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy home from Switzerland kids!

Curby, I definitely think you should name the new place Teddy Bear Estates! I see what you mean about the differences in color in the yarn. Even if you keep it for yourself would YOU wear it or would that drive you crazy? 8" of snow? OMG. I'm SO tired of snow at this point after a week in Zermatt. I'd be fine if spring arrived TODAY.

Well I'm alive... but that's about all I can say at this point. The flight home was MISERABLE. I coughed the whole way and my head ACHED. After getting off the plane, with the change in pressure and the dry air, I literally thought I might cry standing at luggage claim waiting for my bag. The only thing that stopped me was that I still had to walk past the customs guy and I thought that might trigger some sort of "discussion," further delaying my exit from the airport. Liam and YF picked me up and we stopped and got chicken soup on the way home. I had half a bowl and fell asleep. Liam (who wisely slept down on the couch) said he could actually hear me snoring in the night, even with the door closed. I got up about three and went down to get a bottle of water and some more drugs. Ugh.

Today I need to pack ten orders. Other than that, not much is going to happen here!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope you are rested up. After Marty came home from Europe, he slept almost 24 hours. It was worse when he went to Hong Kong. Your flight home sounds miserable, glad you didn’t have a crying spell before trying to get through customs. Chicken soup would taste good though. I hope you are feeling better now.

I would wear the vest and I’ve decided I’ll give it to my friend. As one of my sisters said, it’s variegated yarn and it’s not like any of the colors in it don’t match. Just that the front and back have one different shade in it. I hated the pattern so bad, I threw it away. If I hadn’t knit for decades, I would have had a mess. There were a lot of mistakes or missing steps in it. The shoulder shaping didn’t even match between the right front and left front. Things like that. I am knitting myself a gray vest with a basic pattern stitch. I have about 1/2 of the back done already.

Our 8” of snow turned out to be 1”. It’s mostly melted already. It’s chilly here but sunny.

I see tornadoes have started already. Marty is in Kansas for two weeks soon. He said the building they work in a solid concrete so it’ll be fine.

I was on Etsy today looking for a street sign that says “Teddy Bear Estate”. I’m so getting something.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0227.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, did you get rested up? It’s been a busy week. Now I ventured in to doing an interview over zoom that’ll be on YouTube. WTH?

Marty just now decided we should go out to dinner tomorrow night. I’ll see if I can get reservations somewhere.

I have the back done of my new vest for me already. Yay for plain stitches instead of a lace pattern. I started on side of the front tonight.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Happy Valentine’s Day! We went out for supper and then ventured out to Teddy Bear Estate. The footers are there.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, my sleep schedule is still a bit whacked up, but getting better. And I'm coughing, but not as much. So the general consensus is that I'll likely live. :lol: Where did you go for dinner? I can't believe your footers are in already! This place is going to be ready by Easter at this pace!

We went to dinner at a new fancy place last night with a group of friends. It was good, but expensive and the portions were tiny. I thought Liam was going to reach across the table and steal half the filet off my plate LOL! I'd be surprised if the restaurant is still in business in six months because this is not an area where you can feed people little bits of chi chi food at a hundred bucks a head.

Bonuses are paid out tomorrow. I'm trying to think of anything I might want to reward myself with for a year of hard work, but nothing is coming to mind. The gem show will be here next weekend, maybe something will jump out at me. I've also got a few things I'm thinking of selling just to get them out of my jewelry box. We'll see if I ever get around to it!

Today I've got a haircut after work, and I need to ship off a box to a lady who sent me a message that she needs the glasses ASAP, but when I replied and offered her an option to upgrade the shipping for $8 she hasn't responded. Not sure what to do there... I'll likely send them upgraded anyway and just hope she actually pays me the extra.

This weekend I need to get back on the listing bandwagon. There are also a couple of big mystery boxes under the dining room table that I just need to sort through and make decisions on. My suspicion is that most of the stuff is going to the Salvation Army or the garbage can, but of course every piece has to be touched.

Alright, off to do some work!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope your sleep routine adjusts soon. Good deal your cough is better and you'll likely live. That's important.

We went to a steak house downtown. Mary had a 16 oz prime rib and a 10 oz filet, plus about 1/3 of my 6 oz filet. And we split a bottle of wine. Then we drove out to the Teddy Bear Estate (TBE) to watch the sunset. It wasn't a pretty one, but Marty got pictures.

Darn that the place you guys went to dinner served small portions. Marty would need about 10 meals then. The place we went isn't cheap either. In fact, they are almost double anywhere else in town. But their food is excellent.

I hope you're rolling in dough tomorrow after you get your bonus. You're looking lovely today. :D I hope the gem show has a lot of wonderful things to choose from. I am seriously toying with selling my ACA solitaire. I am liking wearing bands and I could get my EC RHR sized for my left hand if I want to wear a diamond. It's is just a phase. Who knows.

I hope that lady does pay you the extra shipping fee. Everyone is in a hurry.

Did your haircut turn out well? I have one in a few weeks and still keep toying with wanting something different. But, I never do.

Your weekend project does sound fun and tedious. I hope there are many treasures in those boxes. I have been trying to get rid of some stuff every week. You can image how many little jewelry boxes I through out. I have another stash to get to as well.

Work has been a bit frantic getting these darn daily videos out. After having 1/2 a bottle of wine, the boss was chatting with me about her work load and stress. I mentioned I was frazzled and a bit stressed so then she asked me why I thought it was so frantic. Don't ask me a question, if you don't want to know the answer. So I told her, videos take such a long time anyway and we all have to wait for her to go through them once, then we record them, then we wait for her to approve them. And if there is changes, that cycle repeats and I basically pointed out most of the changes are personal preferences. So as a boss, it's hard to give up control, but sometimes you just have to trust that people will get it right. So, I no longer have to get her to review my little minute videos on the night sky and she's only going to review everyone's daily videos once and then we'll make her requested changes, record audio and post them. My minute one today took me less than 3 hours. It often takes me off and one 6-8 hours. Mostly from waiting for her and then she changes her mind and I have to redo things. We'll see how long that lasts.

So I'm done in 8 hours and got a lot done today. Woo hoo!

Off to lift ...

Laters,
Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results