carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!
Thanks Dee Jay. I finally had a nice sunrise to try out my new iPhone camera on; I approve. Great colors for sure.
I am sure it's a chore going back to the dating scene but it sounds like fun too to meet new guys. Good luck! One vital question might be - do you like grocery shopping and can you cook? :lol: I am totally with you on grocery shopping. I'd imagine you can find someplace to deliver groceries to you. We even have one store here that will do that.

I was watching the clock at work most of the afternoon. I just wanted to go home. I heated up leftovers for my supper and had dishes done by 6:15. Woo hoo!
I will nag Marty tomorrow to take down the Christmas decorations outside and get the stuff in the house put away. So far he's not headed to LA next week.
I need to get my car washed too; it's filthy. Poor Porsche; it shouldn't race through life with dirt all over it.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

The Christmas lights outside are taken down and put away. As for getting that last bit done inside - not so much yet.

We went out for breakfast then did that dreaded grocery shopping chore. I had them make me 5 lbs of ground sirloin again so made 20 burgers for the freezer when we got home. I was debating starting on laundry but it can wait until tomorrow. I went back out to mail a check, wash my car and get gas. The line at the car wash was long but I amused myself by checking my email and checking Facebook.

Have a great weekend. Stay warm!
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I need to get my filthy Lexus washed too... but it may not happen for a while... ! Good for getting the outside decorations in. There's no real hurry with the inside stuff... and if you wait long enough it will be time to put it back up again, LOL.

Yesterday I didn't do much outside of having lunch with the Czech. He treated me like an absolute princess, but managed to insult an entire nationality of people, our waitress (not to her face of course) and his exwife (as well as his exwife's lover) all within five minutes of sitting down. Ugh. No. And now I can't shake him. He's messaging me and texting me. I don't want to be rude, but I think I may have to if this keeps up.

Today my lunch with the nearby guy got cancelled, and I'm frankly relieved. I have decided I don't want to meet him at all but at some point it will likely have to happen just because he's geographically so close and we have connections in common.

I'm supposed to go over to my friend's to take their three year old and new baby x-mas gifts but I'd really rather not leave the house at all... is that terrible...?!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!
Dee Jay, I imagine it's too cold there to get your Lexus washed.
We did get all of our decorations taken down and put away. Sweet. The den looks bigger without the tree and no more tubs setting near the landing to go downstairs. Woo hoo!
The guy at lunch sounds like a charmer - not. I hope he quits messaging and texting you. Probably a good idea not to meet the guy that lives near you. As social as you are you'll probably meet someone by chance. I watch too many crime shows and movies but anymore I worry about those crazy people out there.
I don't it's terrible to want to stay home today. It's cold out there. Did you venture out anyway?

Marty was up late playing some game on his PS3 downstairs. I don't think he slept much. He came to bed about 1:30, got up and moved to one of our spare bedrooms. I got up at 6:20 and found Jupiter and Mars then went back to bed. I got up again about 7:30.
I made blueberry muffins for breakfast and am making mini meatloaves for lunch.
Since I put off doing laundry all weekend that is my chore today. Sadly my 11 quick picks for Power Ball didn't pay off last night so I can't hire someone to do these things for me. Darn.

Have a great day.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I didn't leave the house at all yesterday! It was marvelous! If I'd realized I was going to be a total homebody I wouldn't have even take a shower, ha ha. Sorry to hear your power ball pics didn't win... mine didn't either (except I didn't have a ticket, LOL).

Yesterday I punted the trip to drop off the kids' presents to some point in the future. I did do some accounting for the cow bag lady and then spent a bit of time on the phone with the guy who has two kids as he went on a long drive doing a favor for someone. Ugh. Need to either reconcile myself this this... or not... But can't string him along if I'm not all in because that's not fair. The CB was a much easier proposition because he dropped his daughter off on a Saturday and we met on a Sunday so I didn't have do deal with any of that.

It's so "hot" here today -- above freezing! -- that I'm having iced coffee!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that's nice you were a total homebody yesterday. Days like that are special.

Darn it anyway - our Power Ball picks didn't pay off; I told Marty I had to go empty all my shopping carts.

Good luck deciding what to do about the guy with 2 kids. It's either something you want or it's not. Nothing wrong with either choice. I'm too set in my ways to get an instant family. I haven't even got Marty trained yet (like that would ever happen). :lol:

I had a weird night last night. I had lots of dreams with my dad in them. I can't remember them though other than my dad was in them; they usually tend to weigh on my mind all day afterwards. I woke up at 1:30 and as soon as I am awake I have to get up for a trip down the hall. Then when I got back to bed I was too warm so got up again and put on lighter PJ's. Two hours later I was cold again so pulled up my covers again and turned on the mattress pad. About 5 am I woke myself up snoring and then drifted in and out of sleep until my alarm went off. Marty slept through it all. I contemplated calling in sick but I didn't.

It was really nice for January here today. It got in the low 50's. I stopped at the store on the way home and it was in the 40's then. Sweet.

Have a great evening.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, LOL on an "instant family." I hadn't thought of it like that, but that's exactly what it'd be. As for training Marty... you might want to move on to other projects now if that one hasn't panned out!

So my guy... super sad to say this, but really really don't think he's the right answer. The geography is challenging (it took me an hour and half to get to his house with no traffic!), the kids thing... I seriously don't even know how long it would take me to wrap my head around that (probably until they had both graduated from college!), and somehow I didn't realize he voted for Trump... ??? We had a conversation about it while I was out east but either I wasn't paying attention, or didn't ask direct enough questions, or something. The funny thing is when we talked about it last night he seemed perfectly rational and had all the right answers (as much as you can in this situation anyway) so I *may* have been able to get over it at some point... but man... I just don't know... At the end of the date we stood in the driveway for an ungodly amount of time talking and I was thiiiiiis close to saying, well OK, maybe we can still give this a go... but...

Oh well, onward and upright, right?!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I think moving on to another project that is easier to achieve isn't a bad call. :D
Sounds like a tough decision whether to continue seeing that guy. I say go with your gut. What feels right to you?
Is it still cold there? We were in the 50's. Awesome.

We had an interesting day at work. Word was passed down from management our company won't be laying anyone off this year but as people quit they won't be replaced. Some departments will be accessed as having too many people so you may be tapped to move to another department that is short handed. No promises of timing, if it's a lateral, also some positions are swings or mids. Make yourself essential, right? My boss is meeting with all of his employees and mine and I was amused at what he told one of my whiners today. She showed up 8 minutes late for their meeting, she didn't have her questions filled out as requested so he pointed out to her right away this is an example why your scores for initiative and communication are low. She of course finger pointed and tried to blame everyone else for her issues. She said she wanted to spend time with another department and then inferred I wouldn't let her do that. To which my boss asked her - did you ask Marcy if you could go down there? She said no, I didn't ask. He pointed out to her both of us told everyone last year to grow or go and as far as he can see no one on the team did that. Sounds like he wants me to train with another department that will become part of my team and I'll be more involved and stricter with my employees. Yay. Document, Document, Document.

I went to lunch with a friend from work today. We had tacos for lunch and while we were eating I remember that is what I was cooking for supper. Good thing I like tacos. At least I had a soft shell for lunch and corn shells for supper.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, "grow or go" -- not much ambiguity there! And wow about that employee... she sounds like a real winner... not.

Last night I stayed at work until after nine, and then I was one the phone with (ugh, it pains me to say this... ) the Trump voter* until almost two in the morning. I swear, we're like teenagers. (*I'm going to have to find a new moniker for him if this lasts much longer.) This morning it was ROUGH getting up. One of my neighbors, who was out of town for about a month, apparently got out of bed and did some stomping around at 6:30 promptly. I forgot how damn loud he is in the morning. DUDE! Sleep in a little, will ya?!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to say that I'm wearing a pair of pants today that I bought LAST September (2016!) in Orlando -- never took the tags off until this morning because I was always going to "lose X lbs" -- and they look GREAT. Now that the CB is gone apparently I don't EAT any more, LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!
Dee Jay, woo hoo for wearing a pair of pants you bought in 2016 and that they look great! :appl:
There is definitely no shades of gray with being told to grow or go. The girls who set outside my boss's office told me today that lady's discussion yesterday got very loud. Fun! She's a charmer all right; one of those deflectors.
That's cute you were on the phone so late last night; you must be enjoying his company. Ugh to a loud neighbor stomping around and waking you up. I've got so I sleep with earplugs most of the time because noises wake me up too easily.
Tax question - Marty's business has made no money as he really doesn't have any customers. He has a few buddies that give him $50 a month to use his gym - so my question is do we report that on our taxes or should he file for the gym separately? He has a EIN for the gym. His expenses are rent, insurance, and the equipment /supplies he bought to set up his gym. Thanks for the advice. I'll probably take our stuff to an accountant. We don't really have many deductions just mortgage, local property taxes and charitable donations. I wish I could claim all the bears and rabbits as dependents. :lol:

I had my meeting with my boss today. It sounds like I'll be busy this year; probably putting my employees on performance plans. He has other ideas for me as well which is great; I'd always rather be learning new things than dealing with employees.

I made my mini pizzas for supper again. That is working great. I made extra hamburger yesterday when we had tacos. I ate one pizza for supper and have 3 in the freezer now.

Marty is at the gym. He sent me a text about 3:30 saying "blah, blah, blah" to his conference call. So if you've ever seen the movie "Deeds" you'll know what my response was - did anyone mention a dirty tramp? That's my favorite line from that movie. I don't know why it cracks me up so much but I am easily entertained.

My eye is taking a turn for the worse; I am seeing those wavy lines again. Oh oh.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

What a great day! We had a gorgeous sunrise and I went 110 mph for a few minutes on my way to work. Everything else paled by comparison.

Have a great day.
Curby
IMG_5834.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We reached 42 degrees here today. Woo hoo! Heat wave.

Yesterday I wanted to retire or beat my head on my desk. I'll go back next week to see what new crap comes my way. Maybe they'll transfer me to some position where i don't have employees. Sweet.

My sister and BIL came to visit today. We had a nice time and all went out to lunch. I made her some labels for his doll clothes business. I've had a label maker from Avery that will not work on my current IOS so I tried to made due with tables in Pages and got close to lining everything up but not quite. After they left I set up an account at the Avery website I can use. Then I went and played with labels in Word and decided I should have been using that one all along. I will go delete that Avery app here shortly so I don't try to and use again.

I am working on laundry now. Marty is heading out to a birthday party at some millennial type bar at 8. I am going to pass. It's a friend of ours husband; I don't care for him and I like his friends less. I checked out that places menu and I couldn't eat any of it so I'll stay here and get laundry done. Maybe I'll make popcorn and watch a movie.

Take care. I hope you are having a great weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!
Dee Jay, you are abnormally absent - I am hoping you are okay. :wavey:

It was chilly in here this morning (even to Marty) so I checked our thermostat and sadly the inside was in the 60's rather than the set 72. Marty went down to check the furnace and it kicks on but shuts off right away. We called in a repairman (love those instafees for emergencies) and our ignitor is broke in half. Naturally of the ones he had with him; none of them fit. You'd think that would be standard. Hopefully he'll be back with the right part. The same thing happened in our old house 10 years after we bought the place, we've been here 5 years which again shows how they don't make things to last anymore. Tomorrow is going to be cold and snowy so I hope he can find the part today.

Marty had fun at the birthday party last night. There were a lot of arcade games in that place so that is what they did most of the night.

I have a roast baking (should help warm up the house) and we've got the fireplace going.

Marty is heading to DIA at about 3; he is headed back to El Segundo. Fun.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$302.65 later we have heat again. Woo hoo!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey kids! Just a flyby to say all is well. I'm in Aspen, hoping to go home tomorrow but the weather may or may not cooperate. Will check in more later.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay - you are alive! :appl: Have fun in Aspen and stay warm.

It was nice to hear the furnace kicking off and on all night. It was 12 when I went to work and 7 when I came home. Tomorrow won't be much better. Pesky cold weather.

I am waiting for my supper to bake (a mini meatloaf and some seasoned potatoes). I ate my raw veggies already.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy home from Aspen kids!

Curby, you have me craving meatloaf! The CB makes a decent one, but he's gone so I guess I gotta that to the list of skills required for the new guy, LOL.

What a trip! The snow is the worst it's been since 1973, but fortunately it was good up high on some of the mounts that my friends got a little decent skiing in. We were looking at the weather for today last night and realized that it could be problematic so a mad scramble with United ensued and I left this morning on the 8 am rather than the much more civilized 4 pm. You know I am not a morning person so that was a struggle, to say the least. Plus, we went out last night LATE. I'm honestly not sure we even got two full hours of sleep. Oh well, the important part is I'm home! Laundry from the trip is done, the house is prettttttty much clean, and I'm sitting on the couch with a blankie and a good book. Life is good!

I can't remember if I told you, but nine of us are going to Switzerland in a few weeks. The snow there is supposed to be phenomenal so my friends will all enjoy that. And I of course won't be skiing... but SWITZERLAND... !!! Chocolate, cheese, and perhaps a stray crown prince from some European monarchy to help me while away the time. I'm sure I'll figure something out to do, LOL.

Have we lost Rod again BTW...?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, my mini meatloaves are easy. I'll type the recipe below.
Ugh to a early morning flight out of Aspen. That row of planes there is impressive.
I know the snow in the mountains around here is low. Sounds like you'll have plenty of snow in Switzerland. Yes, I am sure you will find plenty to do, eat and drink there too. How could you not have a great time?

Yes, we lost Rod again. Darn. I often wonder how Deegee is too.

I have manager essentials training for 2 days so today was a long day! I think I'll take in some grape Koo-laid tomorrow and wear Nikes. We found out a lot of stuff we should have known yesterday to do with appraisals. I doubt there will be a single employee who isn't mad when those come out.

It was -1 this morning when heading to work. I went in early to get a few things done before that class and then ended up staying late. That won't happen tomorrow.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, minus one... :eek-2: That makes our nine this morning seem positively balmy! And WTF about the appraisals. Would have been nice to have that info BEFORE, right?!

So I have a confession to make (and this might be enough to bring Rod out of hiding, LOL)... I'm kinda head over hears for A REPUBLICAN. Ugh. How did this happen??? All the nice Dems and Inds out there and I have to become infatuated with a guy who owns a MAGA hat... Double Ugh. Everything else about him is pretty amazing though. Maybe I can bring him around...!?!

And speaking of TR (short for The Republican, which is how I may decided to refer to him from now on, ha ha, although you are the only one who will know what I'm talking about!), it's going to be one looooong day. Let's just say there wasn't a whole bunch of sleep last night, and I'm dragging a bit. I am going straight home though and not doing much. Tomorrow I'll be at the office and then going to see the cow bag lady. Friday I'll be at the office and doing pizza and prosecco with my friends who have the three year old and new baby because I never took their xmas gifts over. Saturday I have to run to the boathouse and then I'll probably have to see the cow bag lady again depending on how much we get done tomorrow. And Sunday I've got a date with TR. I'm exhausted already just typing this out...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!
Dee Jay, yes 9 degrees seems balmy compared to -1. We were in the low 30's today then we will be warmer tomorrow. Woo hoo!
On our appraisals they have a scale of 1 - 10 and apparently we weren't supposed to use 7 or over unless they walk on water and made the water they walk on. If you are doing your job and nothing more or extra you are a 6. I had to revise more scores today. It's going to be a long year.
That is pretty cool you like TR so much. There are nice people found with all political persuasions.
You do have some busy days the rest of the week. Fun!

Another long day in class but we got out about 4 pm. Woo hoo! I stopped and had chicken nuggets for supper tonight. Hopefully I won't pay the price for that later. I had some guys follow me in who were very excited to talk to me about my car. They did ask me if I speed a lot.

I have to venture out to the bank sometime soon to get our astronomy club account up to date. Although I know I went in 5 years ago to do a change of address; the lady that called me claims I have to update paperwork they have from almost 30 years ago. That should be fun.

Take care.
Curby

My mini meatloaves recipe:
1 pound ground sirloin (it is way better than hamburger in this)
1/2 c bread crumbs
1/2 c rice krispies
1/4 c ketchup
1 egg
1/4 tsp pepper

Mix together. Divide in to 6 pieces. Cut up 6 few chunks of cheese (about 1/2 inch square and 1.5 inches long). Smash the 6 pieces in to a burger and put a piece of cheese in the middle than shape the burger around the cheese making a log sealing all edges. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, your appraisal system sounds... um... awesome... ? NOT. Whatever. Just do whatever they want you to do because that's all they're going to be able to comprehend anyway. I think appraisals and performance reviews and other stuff like that are all bullsh!t. And yet we all still do them.

Last night I worked until about seven. The extent of my excitement included having left over lasagna from the night before and doing my nails, which I really didn't want to do but they looked like hell, and this is the only time I was really going to have to do them. Plus, I was so tired from the night before but I didn't want to go to bed too early or I would have been up at about 4 am!

Thanks for the mini meatloaf recipe. I'll pass it on the TR, LOL.

Is Marty traveling? How are things going at the gym?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I heard at work today a lot of managers are going to just tell employees your numbers came from corporate. I agree appraisals are a total waste of time. My boss and I had a meeting today with follow up from his meetings with my employees. Some logical complaints and some more in the line of WTF - but not as many bad things as I expected. We are changing things up at the end of the month and giving them more responsibility with more consequences for issuees. We'll see how that works out.
Lasagna sounds great. I don't know if I can get Marty to lasagna or not. He is in LA this week and gets back Saturday. His gym is still private for Marty and 2 of his buddies. I know he is pretty frustrated with it.

Hi Sharon.

It was very nice not being in class today. I got a lot of work done and now have more to do by the 29th. I made some of those mini meatloaves for supper; cooked one and froze the other 5 for later. I am so glad tomorrow is Friday. It's been a long week.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, is there some version of Atkins-esque lasagna that you could make that Marty would eat? Not sure if it is still interesting once you take the pasta out... but maybe... ? And it HAS been a long week! I've switched my plans around a bit and now I'm going to run to the boathouse tonight rather than tomorrow morning so I don't have to worry about getting back in time for the Women's March. Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow night (hopefully nothing!) and then Sunday I'll see TR. There HAS to be some accounting in there too... I went up and met with the cow bag lady last night, but I need to whip the shoe lady into shape for the end of the year too. Oh joy...

I finished* last year's annual review yesterday. The review period is April 1 to March 31, so I'm just in time to start this year's review, LOL. *And "finished" means I stuck that thing in a binder and handed it to my boss, but who knows what sort of stuff he'll want me to do to it at this point. Ugh.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well Hey.......I hate that if I don't open a notification of a response to the thread, I don't get anymore notifications. Then I get busy and days go by without me checking in.

Last I popped in, I was dreading having to go to work. And now we're three weeks into work. The year is off to a decent start. I've got some great clients and they sure do keep me busy. I've made two placements thus far and have more to come. Any week you make a placement, they let you leave at 2:00 on Friday, so I got to meet Charlie at Sbucks for coffee this afternoon before we met our friends for Sushi.

My birthday was a couple weeks ago and we went to dinner with my brother and SIL to my favorite Italian restaurant. My brother was coming down with the flu, so he was a real pain. Literally, but dinner was great at least.

It's been really cold in Tampa. The last two nights we've had a hard freeze. And the heating system in my office is awful, so for the last week, I've worked with a sweater AND a coat on. It's going to warm up to more normal temps this weekend. Woo Hoo.

Otherwise, not much to report. I keep trying to win the lottery, but it's not working out well.

I hope the new year if off to a good start for you'z guyz!

Ps: I did quickly read through some of the posts. DeeJay, Nix the notion of even thinking of dating a Trump Voter. NIX NIX NIX that thought right out of your head. DO YOU HEAR ME??

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I will have to see if Marty will eat some kind of lasagna or maybe make myself a small batch when he is gone for a week. Or just go to Olive Garden sometime. How was the trip to the Boathouse? Are you guys still cold? We’ve got up to 12” of snow coming by this time tomorrow. We will see what we end up with though. I hope you last year review is finished. That would be nice.

Rod, it sounds like the year is starting off great with placements. Congratulations. We get off at 3 pm this coming Friday. I can hardly wait. Happy Belated Birthday! I did see every every state in the U.S. had freeze and some snow last week. You guys aren’t used to it like we are. I didn’t win the lottery either. I am out of tickets too. I do have $26 coming for a Lucky for Life ticket. I told Marty I’m not splitting it with him.

Last night was the astronomy club meeting. We had a teenager show up decked out in astronomy clothes - hat, shirt and shoes. He has 2 small scopes, binoculars and seemed to know a lot about astronomy. It’s nice to have someone show up really interested in the sky.

Marty got home about an hour ago and he’s napping on the couch already. He didn’t sleep much last night.

I got up about 7:30, got my grocery shopping done then went for my hair cut at 9 am. I ran a few more errands then came home and took a shower. It was 11 am by then so I went out to lunch. I ordered a filet cooked medium and it was pretty much rare in my book so I ate around the edges and filled up on their homemade rolls, mashed potatoes and applesauce. Marty gets my leftover rare steak.

I got our sheets washed and put back this afternoon and now I’m just waiting for the snow to start. I watched the Mountain Between Us earlier; it was pretty good.

Have a great weekend.
Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A foot of snow by tomorrow? Better you than me, that's for sure. Sounds like the teenager who showed up at the Astronomy Club fit right in. Chances are it meant a lot to him as most kids are not exactly into astronomy.

Today was a nice day. It got up to the high 60s, which was welcome after the freezing temps we've had this week. We just lounged around and had coffee and fresh fruit. Then we went to an older AMC 24 screen theater that's been there for years, but recently went through a major renovation. All the seats are huge recliners (electric no less) and saw a movie we've wanted to see. It's called "Call Me By Your Name." It's won a lot of awards this year, but you'd better Google it as the subject matter may not appeal to everyone. It's a beautiful movie, set in Italy in 1983 and it's a coming of age movie for a young man and his father's summer assistant (an American man from New England). Really beautifully acted, but again, probably not for most people.

Maybe I have a need for iron. We stopped at the grocery store on our way home and bought chicken livers and hearts and sauteed them, served on Basmati rice. Also not for everyone, but we both grew up in families who ate and loved chicken liver (though I admit I didn't much like them as a child).

I think we're going to take a dip in the hot tub, then just watch a sappy Hallmark movie. They always have a premiere movie every Saturday night.

Stay safe and warm with all that snow.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, did that foot of white stuff materialize?! I'm so over winter already and it's only January... we've got a long way to go...

Rod, that's great that you've made two placements already this year! I hope your boss realizes what a rock star you are.

Yesterday I went to the women's march. It was awesome! The reports are that 300,000 people showed up (who knows how accurate that this, but I assure you there were A LOT of people there!!! The weather was really very good -- low forties and relatively sunny -- although it was a little chilly walking in the shadow of the buildings once we left the park and made our way to Federal Plaza. When I got home I took a nap and then did some accounting for the cow bag lady. I've got to get her closed out for the year. Next I need to finish the shoe lady. Today I've got some laundry to do (of course!) and then I'm heading up to TR's.

So Rod... I hear you loud and clear!!! And I'm labeling myself a hypocrite in the immediate terms as I try to work through this... We've talked about it a bit, and there will be more -- much more -- discussion. What I've gotten so far is that his vote was geared toward a desire for change and the belief that Hillary wouldn't bring it. He's not misogynistic or xenophobic. And when we talked about gay people his comment was, "Just bake the damn cake." That made me laugh. I don't know... He said he's interested in having conversation around our differing views, and I wonder if this can somehow make me a better person. I think about the people around me and I wonder if I surrounded myself with people of my own views, or whether I have just realized that the people surrounding me happen to have similar views -- if that distinction makes any sense... ? Perhaps chicken and egg? Anyway, I am open to conversing and being challenged, and learning in the process.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, it's nice reading your post. I'm glad you went to the March. Did you see Dotard's compliment to the woman across America for being out to celebrate his success during his first year in office? The man is just stupid and dangerous as far as I'm concerned.

On your point about the possible new CB. I don't have an issue with someone voting for change and even hoping Dotard would deliver the change they sought (though I have to ask what was in so much need of change, when Obama handed over a much improved economy and prosperity from his 8 years in office?). What I have a serious issue with however, is with anyone who voted for that fungus who still supports him. I can't fathom how anyone could still stand with him after seeing what they put in office. And those people can't be in my life. One of the owners of my company is completely obsessed with him. Thinks he's wonderful and is constantly coming over to my desk to point out something he thinks Dotard did that is wonderful. Of course he loves the tax plan. As a business owner who is already rich, Dotard made him much richer (which is after all, the entire point of the tax plan - to increase the wealth of the 1%). He pushed me too hard the other day and I wound up yelling at him, in front of the entire company. I don't regret doing so. I actually told him if he came over to spout pro-Trump crap again, I'd kick him in the privates (though I mentioned the privates by name) and turn him into a Soprano for the rest of his life! My boss has actually offered me money to do it (he's co-owner and has as much say in the business). Ok, Rod steps off his pedestal now.

It's a pretty Sunday in Tampa. Blue skies and temps are supposed to be in the low 70s. Yay! I'm going to do some home projects, then we'll figure out what we want for dinner. I think we're going to bake a chicken and make homemade mac and cheese. Yummm.

Have a great Sunday all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results