Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_6309.JPG

Here's a pic from our walk.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, what a great pic of the beautiful furry friend and great city skyline! I amended my post to include you, since I saw your post at the same moment I posted.

Glad you're having fun in Jersey City!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I guess I am a princess of some sorts. Ha Ha.
Glad you and CB will remain friends. As Rod said so well, someone perfect for you is just around the corner.
Sounds like you are having a blast in Jersey with sister #2. Cute furry friend.

Rod, Marty did a great job shopping. He really like his Killer Rabbit t-shirt and eclipse mug. He knew about mot of this other presents.
It sounds like you and Charlie made out well on presents too. I am anxious to see the etched crystal.

Here are a few pics.
Bracelet
Bracelet.jpg

Minions
Minions.png

Christmas Village New pieces are #2,3,4 from right Santa Snoopy, Woodstock nest and Sleigh
CVillage.png

And a white Christmas here
WhiteXmas.JPG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cute pics Marcy, cepting the snow pic! LOL

It doesn't really matter what's under the tree each year as long as I get this for dinner!! Christmas Lobster.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, looks like you are ready for a feast. I am pretty sure our counter tops are the same pattern.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, looks like you are ready for a feast. I am pretty sure our counter tops are the same pattern.

Marcy, the granite in our house is a fairly common granite. This is the 2nd home we've owned that came with the same stone. But I do like it.

Yes, dinner was amazing. The lobster for me and my brother were 4lb and while I ordered a 2lb lobster for Charlie, it turned out to be 3lb. Charlie also made my mom's custom coleslaw recipe and we had parsley potatoes with sea salt and lots of butter.

They gave us a set of Cuisinart Rechargeable salt and pepper grinders. I'm not sure exactly why, but they are nice and I'm sure we'll enjoy them. They also gave two TP-Link smart plugs that connect via an app on my phone and through Alexa. I had a dickens of a time getting the connect to our home network, but I was finally successful, so now all I have to do is tell Alexa to turn on a light in the living room and voila, the light turns on.

The chocolate cake was so good too!

Now another Xmas has come to an end. Seems you work so hard getting prepared for and looking forward to the holiday, that when its over, it's kind of sad and in a way, a letdown.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Merry Crazy Shopping Day!

Rod, too funny about the granite. We liked it the best out of the options we had too.
Glad to hear your dinner was fabulous. We are going to have to put our leftover chicken and ribs in freezer bags today. We cooked way too much food. Of course 3 people didn't come or eat this year. Plus my nephews teenage boys will eat more every year.
So by rechargeable salt and pepper grinders does that mean you push a button rather than twist? My parents would have loved those; the twist tops always baffled them.
You'll like the ease of turning your lights off and on. My niece has that plus the different colors of lighting.
Mm chocolate cake.
The post Christmas let down is a definite drop in excitement and activity. I am so glad I went for the less dishes method this year because that saved me a ton of work and time. Next year I'll try to be better at baking and shopping before the last minute.

We are heading out to see the new Star Wars shortly. One of our theaters has power reclining seats now and you can reserve tickets so we did that and paid already. I looked last night but hardly any seats were bought and I am too cheap to pay the $3 fee so I said; it'll be fine we'll buy them tomorrow. This morning over 1/2 of the theater was sold out so I bought the 2 side seats on row 4. Since I haven't been in the theater since they remodeled I have no idea what that means but we will find out. Row 1 was still empty, row 2 mostly empty. Time will tell. It's a long movie so I need an isle seat for easy exit and entrance. Ha Ha.

We probably have had 10 inches or so of snow with the storms off and on the last few days. I think the temperature is up to 5 degrees by now; I am sure wind chill is lower than I want to think about.

I just had a banana and will get some popcorn at the movie for lunch. They serve Pepsi there and I am totally a Coke fan so I'll opt for bottled water and have my mini bottle of Coke later today. That is one thing I really enjoy; my 8 oz. bottle of Coke.

I ordered myself a pair of snow sneakers from LLBean today. I bought a warm pair of snow shoes last year but they have a man made bottom so I have no idea if they are good on ice. My older LLBean hiking boots and Land's End duck shoes do well on ice but I removed the inserts when I was wearing good feet insoles and nothing I've stuck in them works well and they are so old my feet are a bit longer now. Best throw them out.

Laters,
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, other than some leftover coleslaw, potatoes and chocolate cake, there's nothing left over. We're having leftovers tonight, but I'm cooking a thick cut pork loin chop as my entree.

Today was a nice day. We got up about 8 this morning and just lounged around for a few hours. I fell asleep on the sofa, which was a nice treat. Then we headed out to the mall for holiday exchanges. I traded three shirts for 3 other shirts, two Tommy Bahama long sleeve T's and one long sleeve Dillard's three button shirt that are great colors. Then we exchanged to base for the crystal cube for a smaller non-rotating one and then got Charlie the color watch band he wanted for his watch.

We're in for the rest of the day.

I hope you enjoy the new Star Wars movie. I'd love to see it, but I always have a difficult time dragging Charlie to movies like this. I have to have popcorn at the movies, but I haven't had a carbonated soft drink of any kind in at least 15 years (maybe more). Maybe the movie gods will smile on me this week and I can convince him we have to see Star Wars!

I could really get used to being off. Like permanently off! LOL

Here's a picture I took the Crystal Cube with the base lit up. I don't know how they take a 2D picture and make it 3D, but it's really cool in person!

Emi and Eri Cube.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, that crystal etching looks amazing. Wow!
You planned well for your dinner.
I can see how retirement looks appealing to you. I was thinking the same thing. I could get used to this. Ha!
We liked the movie so hopefully you can talk Charlie in to going with you to the movies. Marty did have a small buttered popcorn today. I opted for medium and didn't finish it. Last time I got the senior / small size it wasn't enough.
Glad you got your exchange shopping done. A friend of mine is texting me from the mall here and said they aren't too busy there.

Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. I did mention during dinner how much I want to see the movie, so I think he'll reluctantly go with me.

The Mall wasn't too crowded this afternoon, with the exception of the Apple store, which is always jammed. Still they managed to get us in and out quickly.

We're just going to watch some holiday movies we recorded but haven't yet watched.

Have a nice evening.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, it sounds like you might just make it to the movies. The new reclining seats were nice. I had read some of the spoilers on the movie many of which were disappointed but I had no complaints; it was Star Wars.

Yes, the Apple store is always crowded. Good deal they got you in quickly. We learned a long time ago not to turn away the first person who offers to help you; if you say you are just looking then you go to the back of the line when you decide you want help.

We watched several holiday movies. We watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation last night. A classic in our book.

I am warming up leftovers for supper. I put the rest in baggies. Marty has 6 big chicken breasts left and there are about 10 baggies with 2 BBQ ribs in each. I got more BBQ sauce on me, my shirt, my sweater and the baggies than anywhere else. Joy!

Still not looking forward to setting an alarm to wake up tmorrow in time for work. Maybe I'll check my lottery numbers. :lol:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, let me know if you win the lottery. You can then adopt me, Charlie and the kitties!! LOL

Sorry you have to get up to go to work. Charlie is working tomorrow, but just 8 AM to noon. He agreed we can go to the 2:30 showing of Star Wars! Yippee!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, sure we’ll adopt all of you but we are moving there not staying here. Yay for going to the 2:30 movie tomorrow.

I was just looking at snow pictures in Erie. Wow. Snow day tomorrow and then some.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy. Deal. You move here!

Snow should be looked at, preferably in pictures, but never touched. That's my snow motto and I'm sticking to it!

Night night!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, Marty will be glad to move there - he can golf all the time. LOL that snow should be looked at, preferably in pictures but never touched. It was drifting, blowing snow here today but sunny anyway.
Did you go to the movies?

Going back too work was as much fun as I anticipated - NONE. At least I only have 2 more days to go this week and next week is a 4 day work week. After that, it's back to the regular salt mine.

Take care.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Marcy,

We did go see Star Wars. I really liked it. Charlie thought it was OK, but he's not into violent movies much and Star Wars certainly is pretty violent.

Marty would love it down here. You can't go very far without running into a Golf Course. And yes, golf is a year round torture game in Florida!

I think we're going to go to the beach tomorrow afternoon and have dinner on the beach and watch the sunset. That's my makeup to Charlie for having to sit through Star Wars! LOL

I'm sorry your time off has come to an end. I'm so enjoying having extra time off, but alas, it's going by too fast. Next Tuesday will be here sooner than I'd like.

Stay warm with all that blowing and drifting white stuff........

Rod

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I am glad you went to see Star Wars and really liked it. How was the beach today? I think dinner on the beach and watching the sunset sounds like a perfect evening. Did you get a picture?
I bet Marty would enjoy year around golfing; I'd be a golf widow for sure.
Yes, next Tuesday will be here before we know it. I still have 25 days of PTO left and will accumulate more so maybe I can get another week off soon. We got 160 hours a year and can have 240 hours max; then you don't accumulate more time off until you use some. Trust me I'm not planning on ever losing any.

The drifting snow was bad this morning and on the way home tonight. My Macan just plows right through it; my worst problem is seeting it. Good thing my car does well in snow.

Marty is sick today. Oh oh. I hope I don't catch it.

Our cleaning lady is coming tomorrow. Yeah!

Take care.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, the beach was great. It was sunny and nice at first, then clouds starting to come in in advance of an approaching cold front. We did get to eat dinner, which was fried chicken, cucumber and tomato salad and coleslaw. It got chilly when the sun went behind the clouds, so we packed our chairs and stuff in the car and went for a nice long walk. It was so peaceful and relaxing. Sorry, I didn't take my phone to the beach (sand and iPhone's are not great buddies and I certainly didn't want to get any sand on my new iPhone X).

I'm sorry to hear Marty isn't feeling well and I hope you don't catch whatever he has. Yesterday, I wasn't feeling that well. On Xmas eve, I was doing something and didn't realize I stood on Eri's tail. She bit me, which is a very natural defense and one I couldn't possibly be mad at her for as she was in pain. But the bite was deep and I'm afraid it was becoming infected. Fortunately, I had antibiotics on hand and started taking them yesterday and I am feeling much better and the wound is now healing better.

Tomorrow will be a nice relaxing day. Charlie works till 10 AM, then we have the rest of the day to ourselves.

Again, I hope Marty gets better soon.

Rod

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, your dinner and walk at the beach does sound like a great evening.
Oh no to Eri biting you; I can imagine she didn't like you stepping on her tail. I feel bad for both of you. I am glad the antibiotics are helping; that would stink to get an infection.

I picked up some broth for Marty on the way home last night. He did eat a full breakfast today but I noticed he never decided to go work out. I made a grilled cheese for myself for lunch so he made himself one but hasn't eaten since.

So far I am fine.

Today we are making stuff for tomorrow night. I made mini cheesecakes and Marty is making fruit compote for the cheesecake and a Hungarian cheese ball. We picked up cheese, deli meat and crackers. Our friends are bringing mini pizza; we should have a nice evening.

I spent my day working on the January newsletter for the astronomy club. I love the January newsletter; there are lots of stories around about highlights of 2017 and things to watch for in 2018.

Have a great weekend.
Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm glad your thus far not catching what Marty has. Yummm to grilled cheese. We actually had grilled cheese sandwiches just the other day. Sounds like your plans for tomorrow night are going well.

We have been invited to our neighbors, but truth be told, we're not too excited. Don't get me wrong, we like them very much, but they are 20 somethings and they've invited 24 of their "uber" friends and the invitation even suggested "R" rated games. I can't imagine us old dudes playing such games with their young friends. Plus we had planned to have a quiet evening at home with our closest next door neighbor and he's also not very pleased about the "uber" blowout. We made a compromise offer with him. We'll go, mingle, eat some and at some point just sneak home to usher in the New Year quietly, like we wanted in the first place.

My brothers son and his girlfriend are down at my brothers, so we spent the day with them. I think they're planning to go two hours north of Tampa early tomorrow morning. Charlie wants to go. I don't feel up to it. So he'll go and I'll spend a nice quiet time at home. Yippee!

Just two more days till work starts all over. I must admit I'm not looking forward to starting a new work year. Ah, such is life, right?

In case I don't get the chance to pop in before New Years, have a very enjoyable and safe New Year's Eve celebration.

Rod

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I like grilled cheese; easy and filling.
I think that is a good idea to go mingle then quietly bow out. I am not one for big parties. I prefer to stay home that night; always have. It's safer than worrying about drunks on the road (of course going to a neighbor's house that wouldn't be a problem) and of course here it's always bitterly cold and snowy.
That's nice your brother's son and his GF are visiting. I hope they have fun on their road trip tomorrow.
Darn that we have to go back to work soon. Darn those pesky bills.
Have a great New Year's Eve and a very Happy New Year!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy New Year's Eve! Stay warm! Party hardy or quietly. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy New Year's Kids! So far 2018 is going Great!

We had fun last night. Our friends stayed until almost 2 am. I was yawning a lot by then; how rude. Both of us slept in until about 10 today. Marty is at the gym working out and I took down most of our inside Christmas decorations. Marty has to replace bulbs on the tree lights where we have about 20 lighted ornaments plugged in. I'll box them up and then Marty can take down the tree. I am hoping this weekend is nice enough for Marty to get the lights down outside. I think I'll leave the outside lights plugged in until then.

Have a great day.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

So far 2018 is going great. Two days behind us, I haven't hit a curb, smacked an employee or uttered WTH out loud at work. Progress!

I made myself a Marcy McMuffin for supper; easy, tasty and filling.

Tomorrow is Wednesday already. Sweet.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi kids!

Super quick check-in to let you know I'm alive after that looooong trip out east! Will be back later, but just wanted to pop in for a sec and say Merry 2018 to us all!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay's alive! :appl:

Rod, it looks like parts of Florida might see some of that "s" word tomorrow.

I think our temperatures will be warmer tomorrow than where either of you live. :shock:

Not much going on with me. I worked, did dishes and I'm cold. I'll wake up tomorrow and repeat. :lol:

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, it was TWO when I got up this morning. Woah... Needless to say I did NOT walk to work, ha ha. Last night when I got home I started the car (for the first time in two weeks!) and let it run for 15 minutes. I also had to brush off about 4" of snow that was sitting on it.

Rod, I hear ya on going back to work... yesterday was HARD for me! A bit part of the problem is that my sleep schedule was totally disrupted. We would stay up until about 2 or 3 every morning and then sleep until noon. NOT my usual pattern at all and after nine days it was hard to break out of it.

Alright, totally in the swing of 2018 now! My boss is (unexpectedly) out again today so I am going to do all the things I didn't do yesterday, LOL. Last night I did laundry, painted my nails, and generally did just about nothing. It was mahhhhhhhvalous! Hoping for a repeat of that tonight!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is COLD. Good idea to drive to work and start it up last night. I watched the weather channel at work today; back east is getting smacked. I was kind of amused by some of the warnings though about cold and wind; welcome to 6 months of the year in Wyoming. :lol:

That is rough to shift you sleeping habits after a nice long vacation.

Sounds like you are starting the year off right too.

I had an instant replay of yesterday as well. I did break up the monotony by meeting a friend for lunch and picking up 5 quick picks for both the Power Ball and Mega Millions. I can't wait to be a millionaire.

Tomorrow is Friday. Woo hoo!
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E6AEEE9D-FC2F-47C6-AB2F-1B41D082493D.jpeg Good morning!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, that's a SPECTACULAR picture! I love those orange/red sunrises!

Last night I went to the grocery store on the way home... :eek-2: It was horrible... Now I remember why I was married to Bill for 10 years and stayed with Pat for 6 -- it's because I hate to go to the grocery store!!! I think I've got enough canned soup, frozen pizza and Lean Cusine to last me 'til spring... or 'til the next boyfriend shows up, which ever comes first, ha ha!

I stayed up late talking to an air traffic controller that I connected with on line. He works 4-midnight (ugh!!!) and was stuck at O'Hare dealing with the fall-out from the bad weather out east since planes can't get out of here. He's a whole lot of fun to talk to (we haven't met in person yet) but I'm not sure this schedule is going to work. I've also connected (in real life for a change!) with a guy that sweet and smart and funny... but he's got two boys (8 and 10) that live with him half the time and I just don't know if I can't do that. I'm having lunch tomorrow with someone who is a man of few works online so I hope he's got something more to say in person, and I'm doing lunch Sunday with a guy that actually lives less than a mile from me, which could be good or bad. Boy -- this dating thing is such a damn CHORE! I forgot what this was like! And I swear to god, this time I'm writing a book!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results