shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 2nd March till 8th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif
Cake class was fun tonight.
36.gif
Marty is joining me in class and we had a good time.He is better at it than I am; probably because he is stronger and can control the frosting coming out a bit easier.

I finished my antibiotics and am sneezing tonight.That isn’t a good sign.Keep your fingers crossed for me that I won’t take a turn for the worse again.

Appletini, you are so dedicated to your daily workouts.You are one of my heroes.

Alli, yeah for your FI working out.Baby steps.I keep dry roasted almonds around to eat when I get really hungry.I also have baggies full of raw veggies handy too.LOL at the pizza study.

9.gif

Dani, good luck to your husband losing weight.I hope you had time to pick up something for lunch.Stupid vending machine.Maybe when you want to feed the vending machine you put that money in your earring fund.

Lorelei, yeah for getting to the treadmill today.

Skippy, the days are getting longer for sure.I just wish they’d get warmer.I told my mom I need to quit kidding myself; just because it’s March doesn’t mean my “spring” clothes are warm enough for me.

DeeJay, pizza and ice cream sound divine and how cool your scale didn’t mind a bit.Your GS cookie story is exactly why I gave ½ of the box away.

11.gif

Lliang, yeah for starting a new workout routine.You’ll miss your sister. I hope you aren’t too sore tomorrow.

Rod, your meatloaf sounds good.I might make one this weekend.

Well, I am off to bed early.

6.gif

Take care.

Marcy

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I haven''t been on here in forever! I was in hardcore writing thesis mode, but that is done and I get to have a normal life again. I met with my trainer for the first time in a month. She totally kicked my butt. My body hurts already, I don''t even want to know how much I am going to be hurting tomorrow. I am on a mission though. I want to lose at least 10 more lbs before my wedding in May. We will see if it actually happens. I have decided to take up jogging again (since that helped me a lot the last time I was trying to lose weight). Now that I don''t have school anymore, I actually have time to work out again. I am soo excited! There is this lake I jog at all the time by my house. It is about 6 miles total. I have decided that one of these days I am going to be able to jog the whole thing. It is going to be awhile though. The most I have gone is a mile and a half. :) It''s an obtainable goal. I just need to stay motivated. I just saw the healthy recipes. I am going to check some of them out before I go to bed.

Have a great day!!

41.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Yeah.... bought a scale (old one got munched in the move). I am officially at the highest weight I have EVER been at.
32.gif
It''s motivating, but also causing me to have to resist the urge to break into hysterical depressed tears. Oy.
7.gif

Work was rough yesterday, but I still went home, made Squashta (butternut squash pasta - so good and a sneaky way to get some freaking vegetables into the hubby!!!) and avoided the snacks for the most part.

SDL -
bighug5.gif
Prayers and toughts coming your way! I hope you have a better day today!

Lliang - I told Adam about the 1 dollar in 2 dollars out of the earring fund and he looked like this:
23.gif
"Wow! That''s harsh!" Hey - if it''ll keep me away from the freaking thing it''s worth it! And yes, I had been hitting it every day, so at least I made it a few days!

Marcy - Cake decorating is fun! My mom used to cater cakes, so I grew up with cake paraphenalia all over, LOL. Good times. And I like your idea - along the same lines of the 1 in 2 out I can add any money I was thinking about putting into the maching to the fund. I''ll get those ''lil blingers faster that way for sure, LOL!

35.gif
hi museikchik!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Marcy,
You are too sweet! I''m just proud of myself for finally committing to a fitness routine. I used to get on a health kick for about 3 days and then it would be months before it would happen again and it was an endless cycle. I''ve now been consitenstly active for about 2.5 years, but now that metabolism is slowing down I have to remember to stay focused!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 2:58:49 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
iiliang_chi~ I know.. its frustrating, huh? Well.. I will figure something out.
Hi Skippy honey!!
35.gif

Marcy, I know. Oh well.. it could be worse huh? :) I have no doubt I will find something else. Besides, I have friends here to help me!
Dee*Jay~ Hi honey!! I missed you guys too. I''ll be on a different schedule for four weeks so will be able to talk to you for a little while in the mornings.. :)

Hugs to everyone. Today was overly rough and I am really at a low ebb.. needing prayers of strength right now.
Sending thoughts and prayers to you M.
emrose.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 2:51:41 AM
Author: museikchik
Hi everyone! I haven''t been on here in forever! I was in hardcore writing thesis mode, but that is done and I get to have a normal life again. I met with my trainer for the first time in a month. She totally kicked my butt. My body hurts already, I don''t even want to know how much I am going to be hurting tomorrow. I am on a mission though. I want to lose at least 10 more lbs before my wedding in May. We will see if it actually happens. I have decided to take up jogging again (since that helped me a lot the last time I was trying to lose weight). Now that I don''t have school anymore, I actually have time to work out again. I am soo excited! There is this lake I jog at all the time by my house. It is about 6 miles total. I have decided that one of these days I am going to be able to jog the whole thing. It is going to be awhile though. The most I have gone is a mile and a half. :) It''s an obtainable goal. I just need to stay motivated. I just saw the healthy recipes. I am going to check some of them out before I go to bed.

Have a great day!!

41.gif
Good to see you!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hey!

Skip, I''m loving the longer days too. Can''t wait for the clocks to switch this weekend.

Dee, thanks for the congrats. Does the architect who sends flowers have anything to do with the Aspen trip? And when do you leave?

Marc, how fun that M is taking the class with you.

Musik, how''d thesis writing go? Welcome back.

Rod, glad the crown is feeling good.

So I''m just trying to get my feet on solid ground with my new job, pluse keeping up with my old jobs. Exercise is on the back burner. I will get in three workouts this week (tomorrow, Sat., Sun.) and I''m content with that.

Have a great day all.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! Sorry for my absence it''s been kindof a crazy week. We lost two people at work this week so I''m running around doing my job plus the work of two other people like a chicken with my head cut off!! LOL SO''s great aunt also passed away so we had her funeral Tuesday. Fortunately it was expected and we were all a bit more prepared, and know she is in a better place, but Tuesday was just non stop driving. Yesterday I got in a great morning workout followed by yoga last night which really helped me to wind down and relax a bit! Tonight we''re eating at SO''s mom''s and I have to cram for an exam tomorrow, JOY.

Hope everyone is well, I''ll try to get on tomorrow night for a longer post.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
SDL, BIG HUG to you!!! I hope your day is better today!!!

gecko, Squashta sounds really good. I read in a food blog about cutting up strips of zucchini and mixing in with whole grain pasta for a lower carb pasta meal. Worth a shot to sneak more veggies in :) I also made a lasagna once using eggplant instead of noodles. :) It came out pretty tasty.

I walked the dog today in my fuzzy flip flops!!! I love it when you can forget about winter for a little while :)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
lliang - we''re not quite to the fuzzy flip flop weather here yet! Brrrr!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys! Sorry I have been MIA....it has been a crazy week around here. I had the extra kids again at the beginning of the week because my aunt got stuck in NY in the snowstorm! So, things are finally back to normal now. I worked out this morning for a few hours and it felt great to get back into the groove. Hope everyone is doing well! I''m about to get ready to pick Andrew up from school and then we have a playdate at the park b/c it is gorgeous here today!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 11:03:22 AM
Author: steph72276
Hey, guys! Sorry I have been MIA....it has been a crazy week around here. I had the extra kids again at the beginning of the week because my aunt got stuck in NY in the snowstorm! So, things are finally back to normal now. I worked out this morning for a few hours and it felt great to get back into the groove. Hope everyone is doing well! I''m about to get ready to pick Andrew up from school and then we have a playdate at the park b/c it is gorgeous here today!
Hi Steph! It does feel good to be back in the groove again doesn''t it?

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lorelei
35.gif
. Great opener this week. It is almost swimsuit season here....that sure keep me motivated
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 11:42:08 AM
Author: steph72276
Hi Lorelei
35.gif
. Great opener this week. It is almost swimsuit season here....that sure keep me motivated
3.gif
Wow! It is a bit warmer here but not much, still in my winter woolies!
35.gif
9.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I just had a great PT session! Tomorrow is my Fri off, so hopefully I won''t have to come into the office, but its been one of those weeks. So I plan to do my walk/jog routine around the neighborhood tomorrow.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Going to Sports Challenge tonight.
35.gif
Hope everyone is having a great day!! That 30 day Shred is good; I am going to try and do it more often. Hubby and I grilled up lots of chicken on the barbecue so that is what we will be having tonight.

GEKO, hi friend, you can do it! We are cheering you on, huge hugs.

LLIANG, yay I hope you can get your run in and that is warm!!!! I had a great time with my nephew, thanks. Sorry about your sister being gone for a month, hugs.

MARCY, my dad was Great at cake decorating too. hehe I think you are great; your cake looks awesome!

MUSEIKCHIK, yay for working out with a trainer, good to see you!!!

SDL, hi honey, sending you hugs and good thoughts.

ROD, have a wonderful workout!

APPLE, yay for all your workouts!!

Hey LORELEI!

KIMI, yay for longer days, me too, makes me so happy!! Yay for getting some workouts in.

DRAGON, I am so sorry about your Great Aunt. hugs.

STEPH, yay for a beautiful day and almost swim suit season!

HI DEEJAY, TACORI and other friends I might have missed.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I am going to do that Sports challenge each week; I am dead.
14.gif
9.gif
3.gif
We ran for 15 mins, then sprints, jogging backwards and used the body bar and squats and planks and more sprints. hehe These two fit lady's looked dead too and they said that as physical therapists this is a killer workout for them. ha! Off to take a shower. Hope everyone has a great evening; it is ugly outside, warm but crazy windy. I can't even see our mountains.

Tacori, how was zumba, how are you?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Selfish post ahead...I don''t have the energy to respond to everyone (sorry!) I had my cardio dance class today. I don''t like it as much as Zumba. He just isn''t as good as a teacher IMHO. But it is still a workout. I tried not to jump as much/high (for my knee). Still hurt...oh well. Dh watched T so no funny child watch stories. Hope everyone had a great day.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....again flrying by quickly. Long day for sure. Tough day for sure. made it to the gym by 6:30. Was super frustrated, so I worked out really really really hard. My arms are pretty sore, so that''s a good thing. My leg is still hurting me. There''s a physical therapist who works out at the gym and I spent a few minutes with him and doesn''t think I have a hamstring issue. He thinks I have a pinched nerve in my lower back and it''s what''s causing the pain in the back of my leg. This actually makes sense as I have had ongoing back problems throughout my entire life. I''m just going to continue working my core and the lower back area and I''m sure it will just go away in time. I refuse to let it slow or prevent me from working out. Working out is truly my salvation.

Hugs to everyone. It''s now 11 PM, and I''ve got to get ready for bed. At least tomorrow''s Friday. We''re meeting friends for dinner. They want to go for Chinese. I''m not too excited about that as Chinese is often too high in sodium and fat, but I guess one Chinese meal won''t hurt us.

Sleep well everyone.......

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy Almost Friday!

35.gif
Work was fun today.When I got there one of my day shift ladies had her 2 sick kids with her because she was taking them to the doctor at 9 am.They were running around, touching everything, handing us all pictures, etc.She called me about 10 and said, “Sorry I won’t be back they both have strep and are contagious”.I was SOOOO pleased.
29.gif
Also since her kids were here and everyone was stopping by to see them; she didn’t get any of her work done so 2 hours late I get to start on her work and still do mine.I love days like that.I did have part of a coke at lunch and my afternoon snack was a real cupcake (180 cals) instead of a 100 cal snack.Bad Marcy, Bad!
11.gif

I forgot to mention last night what happened at the dentist office yesterday.I had cancelled my appointment last week to get my teeth cleaned and they rescheduled it for yesterday.The lady that they gave me to yesterday had never cleaned my teeth before.She was going through my file and said she’d be back in a minute.She went and asked the girl at the desk if she had the wrong file because I didn’t look like my picture.LOL.So we got to talking and she is on WW.Then when the dentist came in to check my teeth and x-rays he was in my file and said, “Marcy, we need to get a new picture of you”.The dental hygienist told him she though she had the wrong file.I asked to see the picture and I said I certainly don’t look like that anymore.

We went to supper tonight then out to see grandma.She was a little more alert tonight but Marty got a call from work so we couldn''t stay.

This weekend I need to make a double bunch of frosting for us for flowers next week.The second course uses different frosting that gets hard pretty quickly so that will be interesting to work with.Since Marty missed course one he has to bring a batch of the buttercream frosting to show her he knows how to make roses.Too funny.He was the one who figured them out and showed me how to do them.

I just spent 30 minutes looking for my contact that flew off somewhere in the bathroom.I was about to give up and I started to put the trashcan back and it fell off the rim of it.I was glad to find it.I have lost 2 in the past 6 months and they cost me $105 each time.

Good to hear from you Muse.Congratulations for a great workout, finishing school and for setting some great goals.Good luck on losing 10 pounds by your wedding and I am sure you’ll be jogging around that lake in no time.

SanDiegoLady, hugs to you and I hope your day is much better tomorrow.

Dani, rats for the new scale but glad to hear it is motivating.Sorry to hear you had a rough day at work but good for you avoiding snacks.I bet your mom made some awesome cakes when she was catering.Yeah for getting your bling faster.

Appletini, 2.5 years of faithfully working out?That is amazing.That is about the time I started dieting – September 2006.

Hi Lorelei!

Kimi, I am sure you’ll juggle everything and find a way to work in some workouts.

Dragon, sorry to hear about SO’s great aunt.Good luck on your exam tomorrow.

Lliang, LOL at walking your dog in your flip flops.It must be nice there for awhile.

Steph, glad to hear you are back to your normal routine.I am sure a house full of kids kept you very busy.

Skippy, sounds like you had a major workout at Sport’s Challenge today.Chicken on the grill sounds great.I am thinking of making chicken soup this weekend.I remember you said your dad did a great job at cake decorating.I bought all the “stuff” so I am determined to practice at it.

Tacori, I sure hope your knee gets better.

Rod, I hate to hear you are still having pain but hopefully you will get better soon.Have fun at dinner tomorrow.

Well, take care and have a great Friday.

Marcy

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
I am not really that sore today. Just a little bit but I can still move so I guess that is a good sign. I was supposed to go the dance class they have at 24 hour fitness tonight but my brother wanted to have dinner (which he never does) so I figured what the heck I will make up for it tomorrow. So the new action plan is that I will go jogging tomorrow after work and if I am not totally exhausted. I will hit the gym.

Kim H: The thesis writing wasn''t so bad. It probably would have gone a lot smoother if I would have taken the class that the end of the program like you are supposed to. Theoretically you take your 11 classes and then you take your thesis class. After you take the two month thesis class you get an extra six months to write your thesis. Me being the overachiever that I am, decided to take the class right smack in the middle of my program. So not only did I have to write my thesis, I also had to do all the work for my other classes. If I had to do it over again I probably wouldn''t do it that way. The hard part is over, I just have to make a few more changes and then have my committee member''s sign for it and I should be good to go. :)

Geckodani and Lorelei: Hi it is nice to see you ladies on here.

Skippy123: My trainer is awesome! I love that she doesn''t let me cheat and is pretty understanding when I am at my exhaustion point. Although I could''ve killed her for the running pushup drills and squats she made me do yesterday.

marcyc: I don''t think one cupcake will kill you. I am actually looking forward to seeing how far I can run tomorrow.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Legs were really hurting me yesterday, but I will workout today! It was only workout soreness so not a bad thing!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
its'' been a stressful week and DH gave me a massage gift certifiate for V-day so I''m getting a massage this morning, and then I think I''ll just walk around the neighborhood and then wash my car.

Skippy, Way to go with the sports challenge...it might be hard in the beginning but I think you''ll be amazed by how much you will progress.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, I am SO sore today, abs, hamstrings, and arms!!!
3.gif
I worked out everyday this week including the past weekend so today I am taking a day off. Tomorrow I am sure I will walk with my cousin and then friend on Sunday as usual.

Hubby and I are dying from allergies, the pollen count for juniper was up in the 1700's and we had 50 mph gusts so it makes sense our allergies are going nuts. I want to meet hubby for lunch today and we probably will eat grilled chicken and veggies tonight. YAY IT's FRIDAY; have a great Friday friends
36.gif

TACORI, hope the knee feels better and great job on the workout friend!

ROD, TGIF and yay for dinner with friends; I bet it will be a great time!!! Oh no, I am sorry about your leg, do you have one of those foam rollers at the gym you can try on your leg? hugs. hope it feels better soon.

MARCY, that is awesome about the picture, yay, miss skinny; you look fabulous!!! My dentist doesn't have pictures of us though, hehe, I wonder why they do that? Yay for decorating. A cupcake without frosting isn't bad; I guess all the cals come from frosting (I think Mara said that) so if you are ever craving a cupcake go for one! YUM. Thanks, I am so sore from the Sports Challenge, I can hardly sit down. hehe

MUSE, awww, that is sweet that you and your brother are going out to eat. Who is older you or him? yay for your jog! Glad to see you back.

LORELEI, my legs are really hurt me today; I probably will do some squats tomorrow to help that. Yay for being sore!!!

APPLE, thanks, I thought 30 day Shred was hard but this is for an hour and much harder. hehe Thanks for the kudos; I think I will see results with this class there were a few times during the class I just wanted to lie down because I felt like I couldn't lift the body bar or run anymore but I did. hehe I am sorry your week was stressful. Aww, what a sweet hubby
12.gif
, enjoy your massage and have a great walk!!

Hi KIMI, GECKO, DEEJAY, DRAGON, and LLIANG
35.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t go to yoga yesterday. It was too pretty. And I only did a half-a$$ workout for about 15 mins, the easy route of Day 2 of 100 pushups and some crunches. I''ll do the Day 2 again properly today and probably throw in a workout video and/or run. it''s almost 70F here!!!!
30.gif

Museikchik, welcome back :) 6 miles is a totally attainable goal. I''d use any of those couch-5K training routines as a guideline. I used to never run myself and now can do 4-5 miles. Just waiting for it to be warm enough to run regularly here :)

Kim, OH YEAH! I totally forgot about DST. Yay! I''m all about more sunshine :) I was dropping James to the train and we were both commenting how gloriously bright it is at 7AM. How''s the first week of the job?

Skippy, hope you enjoyed the Sports Challenge. I love and hate it when a workout kicks my butt. I''ve been doing a few days of the 30 day Shred too. I like it because I don''t have to think of what to do next. But we''ll see how long I''ll stay on it. Sucks with the allergies. I have bad spring and fall hay fever so I can relate.

Rod, glad you were able to get your frustrations out in the gym. Hope you enjoy dinner with your friends tonight. I normally don''t do Chinese out because I can just make it at home and it''s very healthy :). But sometimes I feel lazy and there''s a good noodle shop not too far from me. I guess just drink lots of tea to counter the sodium.

Marcy, GROSS about the germ-bags! Sending lots of dust you don''t catch any of that. Wow, great compliment at the dentist office. I love it when ppl say things like that. Sounds like fun that Marty will be joining you for class. Tell him he has to make his own cakes though! Ha ha.

Lore, good for you for working out :) Workout soreness is a good and bad thing.

Apple, how was the massage? What a lovely present from your hubby. Hope your next week isn''t as stressful. Good for you for still getting your workouts in. :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! Did my fourth workout (4th hour) for the week (which was my gym goal). Tomorrow it is going to be 77 (eek!!!) so my neighbor and I are going to take a long walk with the kids.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
aggg, I was working on taxes for 3 hrs (long story), and so stressed I ate 1/2 bag of chips
11.gif
Hopefully that won't happen again. ack! I am over it though but I can see how stress does that.
14.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.I am so excited the weekend is here.We got a call at work today that grandma is in the hospital for pneumonia.She was not breathing very well when we were up there tonight.We have to go pick up her stuff at the nursing home tomorrow.

Muse, I hope you had fun at dinner with your brother.Have a great run tomorrow.

Lorelei, workout sore is good.I hope you are feeling better now.

Appletini, I hope the massage relieved some stress for you.Enjoy your clean car.

Skippy, I hope you aren’t as sore tomorrow.I would by far rather eat a cupcake than icing.I have to make some this weekend for a birthday at work so I plan on having a hot one and that will be it.I will decorate them and see if Marty wants to practice on some too.Rats for taxes stressing you out – they must be yours.LOL.I have to finish ours and see the actual damage.I may eat some frosting then.Ha!

Lliang, glad to hear you had a nice day there today.I am sneezing and blowing my nose a lot tonight.I am so excited.Too funny about having Marty bake his own cake.I am sure he’d do fine though; he does like to cook.

Tacori, yeah for your 4th workout this week.Have a nice walk tomorrow.

Well, I am going to get ready for bed.

Take care.We have lots of errands to run tomorrow and are expecting about an inch of snow.Fun.

Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy I am sorry about your grandma; I will keep her in my prayers. Hugs (((()))) Oh no, those weren''t our taxes, we did ours a few weeks ago. hehe sweet dreams.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hiya!

Marcy, poor grandma!

Skip and Lliang, it''s going to be lighter longer, YAY! I love it.

Musik, I''m so sorry it was stressful for you. Glad it''s over.

Lliang, the first week was great, but I have lots of work to do to get some things put into place. I''ll get there, it''s just crunched because I only have three months or so with these kids!

Did some walking yesterday, will go on another walk later today. I just want to be outside. I''m thinking of cancelling our gym membership to save some money because I haven''t had the oppourtunity to use it much lately. As much as I wanted it, I''m just not sure it''s worth it when I can get my exercise in other, free, ways.

Have a great day all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results