shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 2nd March till 8th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
SDL, ooo, I hate when you see something perfect and then it''s not available. Hm, maybe we can help you find some red suede boots....

canuk, it snowed here too. I"m so done with the winter. The good news is it''s going to be 54F (12C) at the end of the week :)

Kim, glad your first day went well.

Rod, great your dentist appt wasn''t so bad. I don''t like going to the dentist, so ti''s a good thing I have good teeth. James and I joke around that our kids need to inherit my immune system, my eyesight, my teeth, his height and his hearing.

Last night my sister and I went out for ribs. I ate 1 rib and was totally full. I did finish the little cup of mac n'' cheese. So despite the unhealthy dinner I don''t think it was so bad. We ordered a rib sampler so I took the rest home for James who has been really craving BBQ. He said it hit the spot.

I REALLY need to go to the grocery store today, so I''m going to start on the 100 push up thing and skip yoga. I might end up walking to the store and back because James is going to be home late.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sleepy! Went to Zumba tonight. Second workout this week! I wonder if I should wrap my knee. How do you know? Tessa did really good tonight!
36.gif
She cried when I dropped her up (as expected) but when I peaked in on her when we were picking her up she was just walking around, playing with a toy, staring down the other kids...I went over to get her and she was so concentrated on this toy she didn''t even notice me. My friend made a joke like "look she didn''t even miss you!" As soon as the lady picked her up to hand her over she saw me and went CRAZY! Screaming "Maaaama! Maaama!" and was lunging over the half wall. So she DOES love me!
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from Muscle Hour
arniesmile.gif
I had to use this little emoticon and was saving it for this day. hehe
9.gif
I bought chicken breasts to grill on the barbecue tomorrow. We had nice weather today, a high of 73 degrees, yay!! I will have my nephew tomorrow; I checked out some fun books from the library to read to him, yay. Havea great evening all
1.gif

SDL, howdy honey!!!

LLIANG, wooo for your yoga; and woo for push ups and a walk tonight you are a superstar!!! Stay warm! Oh man do I love ribs, yummy!

CANUK stay warm!! How is the knee?

TACORI yay Ms. Zumba!!! Tessa is such a cutie pie; yay that she isn't crying anymore!

ROD, oh that is wonderful news about the tooth; I hope when it is my turn it is good news too because I had a few minor problems with my root canal. Yum to sushi!!! Yay for the uber workout!!!

MARCY, glad your tooth is better too!! Yay for 60 degrees!!

LOR, woo for the treddy! You go!

GECKO,Yay for no vending machine, awesome!!! Good to see you! The allergy shots help; it takes awhile though. I have been getting them for 12 yrs; about 2/3's of the people getting shots do better but it takes time. I am sorry your hubby is allergic to everything; I am too but thank goodness not to many foods though.

KIMI, how was your day? Love the spring avatar!

DEEJAY, woo for a low, you are tiny!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........I could probably just paste any Tuesday''s post in and it wouldn''t really change much. You know how it is. Got up early. Got to work early. Stayed late. Stressful day. Got to the gym around 6:30, worked out for my usual 3 hours. Came home. Had leftover chicken for dinner. Need to log into work and do some things to be prepared for tomorrow. Rinse, Lather, Repeat.........LOL

Marcy, I''m glad your crown experience went well.

Yay for a good muscle hour Skippy!!

Sorry for not saying hello to everyone else, but it''s late. I''m beat. And I still have to do some work. Tomorrow''s not a gym night, so I''ll see you then.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!

35.gif
I was pretty much bored at work today for a change.That was nice.My Girl Scout cookies came in but I gave a lot of them away already.I just had 2 thin mints with my slow churned.It’s all about portion control.
9.gif

Lorelei, woo hoo for feeling the stomach muscles tightening up from your workout on the treddy today.

Dani, good for you taking your lunch and not going to the vending machine.

Kimi, it sounds like you have a full schedule today.The different subjects you are teaching sounds fun.

Sharon, how many inches of snow do you get there each winter?

DeeJay, good plan to be lenient on your knee.Your new scale sounds interesting.Let’s hope it’s not evil and a liar like so many of them turn out to be.

11.gif

SanDiegoLady, I hate when you find something you want and they don’t have it in your size. I hope you figure out what would be a great reward for your hard work.

Skippy, yeah for a clean house.Enjoy the day with your nephew tomorrow.

Lliang, you didn’t do bad at dinner at all.Ribs and mac and cheese are a great combo.

3.gif

Tacori, get some rest.How cute Tessa missed you.

36.gif

Rod, I hope you sleep well tonight.

Take care!

Marcy

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had a great workout this evening with coworker #2. Tomorrow I have another training class during lunch so I''ll be doing cardio after work with coworker #2.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome!!

Well, I definitely set my weight-training goal too high to start off with...it''s really only practical for me to go to the gym in the mornings, and I have to get my butt in gear earlier so I will have enough time before work to do cardio AND weights...but so far I went yesterday morning and today and did 45 minutes of cardio both times, so that''s a decent start, I think...

AND, when I got up this morning to go to the gym, my FI also did some exercise! This is BIG...he''s gained about 60 lbs since we''ve been together, and his doctor recently told him he is obese
7.gif
I really worry about his health...

keep up the good work, everyone!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Alli - My husband was just recently put on cholesteral meds and basically ordered to lose weight as well. We''re working on it, taking baby steps with him as well.

Well, today could have started off better, LOL. I was running late and didn''t get breakfast, so a granola bar and some string cheese will have to tide me over for a bit. I also forgot to grab my lunch, but I should be able to pick up a Lean Cuisine or Kashi meal on my break.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Things are going well, got another treddy workout in 45 mins!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 8:42:00 AM
Author: Lorelei
Awesome!

May I ask what kind of treadmill you have? We''ve been considering purchasing one to use at home, now that we''re on a ground floor!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning Friends. I love that we are having more and more daylight each day; I woke up early and I am listening to the birds sing! Yay for spring birds!
1.gif
Well I am going to get in my walk early this morning; I have my nephew today and instead of hoping he will go for a walk I will just walk now and get that out of the way and if he wants to walk great. I have chicken breasts I need to grill up today; I think I will do half with barbecue sauce since I have been craving that and the other half with an italian dressing marinade. Hope everyone has a great day; take care all
35.gif
Off to walk . . .

ROD, hope you slept well. Yay for your uber workouts!!!! I always think of you when I do planks. hehe

MARCY, yay for sharing the goodies; I love to do that. Hope you feel better soon.

APPLE, yay for all your workouts!

ALLI, great for FI working out with you. 45 mins is great!! My hubby has high cholesteral and will be meeting with a nutritionist soon too. it is great you are getting your FI to workout:)

GECKO, yay for a healthy meal!! I always enjoy seeing your little gecko:) hehe

LORELEI, wooo for the treddy and tightening :)

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
problem, healthyfolks:

I''m starving. And I''ve eaten plenty today.

My body is just so used to me overeating that it doesn''t know what to when I go 2 hours without scarfing something!!!
5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cooee - Miss Julianna are you out there?
35.gif
Miss you!
39.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 9:08:45 AM
Author: geckodani

Date: 3/4/2009 8:42:00 AM
Author: Lorelei
Awesome!

May I ask what kind of treadmill you have? We''ve been considering purchasing one to use at home, now that we''re on a ground floor!
Of course you can - but I can''t remember the make! The one I have I wouldn''t recommend as the circuit board went bad a while back, we were able to replace it but next time I would go for a better one and spend more.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from a 40 min 2.5 mile walk and just finished level 1 of the 30 Day Shred w/Jillian Michaels (some jumping jacks, push ups, lunges, rows, etc). hehehe Have a Great day all
35.gif

ALLI sometimes your body doesn't get enough water and you are really thirsty and it signals you are hungry?? Maybe back carrots and celery and a bit of protein like a few nuts or turkey slice to keep you satisfied.

Hi Julianna!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 12:06:19 PM
Author: alli_esq
problem, healthyfolks:

I'm starving. And I've eaten plenty today.

My body is just so used to me overeating that it doesn't know what to when I go 2 hours without scarfing something!!!
5.gif

Make sure you are eating enough lean protein and drinking enough water. Protein is very important and if you aren't eating enough then you will get hungry, little and often. Try eggs, lean meats, beans etc. But don't be too hard on yourself, if you are truly hungry then you need to eat but make it lean protein based.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday morning kids! Did an easy hour on the bike this morning. Was trying to be good yesterday but then my neighbor took me out for pizza. And ice cream. Oy...

That''s OK; according to my fancy new scale that measures everything including the weather in Beijing (
3.gif
) my body fat % somehow magically went down from 17.2% to 16.9% overnight. Ha! Obviously this thing is all screwed up!

Off to walk the monsters and then to my office.

Have a good day everyone!

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
way to go, Skippy!!! You rock!
36.gif

well, I''m on my 10c of water today, so I don''t think that''s the issue...I think my body is just used to eating a lot more and doing a lot less activity! haha...but I definitely should bring carrots and celery to work--that''s a great idea. I''ve been eating more veggies lately, but they''re mostly roasted...I think if I ate more crunchy veggies during the day, that would help. I''m going to bring some carrots tomorrow (I think the celery in my fridge is dunzo)

Lorelei--you''re so right about the lean protein. I have been working on it!! I really try never to have a meal without some sort of protein, so I''ve been eating a little part-skim ricotta in the morning before my cereal and stuff...but it''s hard for me to get lean protein in the morning because I really can''t eat before I get to work or I''ll REALLY be starving all day (I don''t usually get hungry until at least 9am anyway)...any suggestions of foods that I could eat for breakfast? I would do egg whites if I were home (and usually do on weekends), but it''s difficult for me at the office (eggs don''t so much keep, and I am on a very tight budget, so getting egg whites at the deli isn''t very cost effective...not to mention that they make it in the bacon fat and stuff...and they are soooo yuuuummmyy...teehee...)

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
wow, Dee!!! my scale says my body fat is almost 28% (even though I don''t trust it at all...I use it only to measure if I''ve gained or lost)....chubster over here!!!

pizza and ice cream won''t kill you once in a while...in fact, I believe there are studies that prove that never having pizza or ice cream is seriously damaging to your heallth (um...those studies were done in my apartment...)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 1:25:58 PM
wow, Dee!!! my scale says my body fat is almost 28% (even though I don't trust it at all...I use it only to measure if I've gained or lost)....chubster over here!!!

pizza and ice cream won't kill you once in a while...in fact, I believe there are studies that prove that never having pizza or ice cream is seriously damaging to your heallth (um...those studies were done in my apartment...)
OMG you are too funny Alli! ha, I like your thinking!
lol.gif
I also did the same study and you are right; I got to have my pizza! hehe Actually the slow churnned ice cream is yummy and I stuck a low calorie pizza dough recipe in the thread up top by Mara!
3.gif
Alli yes don't deprive yourself . Thanks for the kudos!

DEE, wooo hoo on the body fat being low!!
36.gif
Yum to pizza
emotion-33.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alli - you are seriously cracking me up here!

Skippy - don't belive that number; I'm sure it's wrong!

Dani - I just got some Kashi meals at Whole Foods on Monday and I am just LOVING them!

Apple - Wow -- the time change is THIS Sunday?! Good thing you said that or I might have missed it!

Marcy - LOL on the portion control... for me 2 thin mints is just an appetizer to the 10 more I'm eating after that as an entree and the other 10 I'm having for dessert!

Tacori - Thank god you were able to confirm that Tessa does indeed love you because I've been a little worried lately that that might not be the case!
2.gif

Lliang - The girlfriend that I took with me to Bikram on Monday is seriously hooked! She already plans on going several more times this week.

SDL - Hello! I really missed you!

Sharon - All that snow!!! Are you SURE you're not in Chicago, LOL?!

Kimi - belated congrats on your job!

Rod - I'm so glad you're happy with your dental work! I have to have a crown fixed at some point and I'm SO not looking forward to it...

Zoe - yay for a great trip in Key West!

Merry - congrats for setting a wedding date!

Lorelei - I am more motivated during good weather than bad too. I think it's because the bad weather is a good excuse to hide under all those big sweaters and puffy down coats!
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 1:32:33 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 3/4/2009 1:25:58 PM
wow, Dee!!! my scale says my body fat is almost 28% (even though I don''t trust it at all...I use it only to measure if I''ve gained or lost)....chubster over here!!!

pizza and ice cream won''t kill you once in a while...in fact, I believe there are studies that prove that never having pizza or ice cream is seriously damaging to your heallth (um...those studies were done in my apartment...)
HAHAHA!!!!

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif

I didn't give in to my stupid hunger and I waited until 1:30 to eat my yummy homemade turkey chili and now I'm nice and satisfied.

It's the LITTLE TINY ACHIEVEMENTS that I have to celebrate, folks!
19.gif

Skippy--the pizza is totally more of an addiction for me than the ice cream, ESPECIALLY since I discovered this amazing goat cheese pizza in my neighborhood with garlic and zucchini...and I totally rationalize it because...y'know...goat cheese is better for ya than a lot of other cheeses...and um...zucchini is a vegetable.................

anyone? anyone?? ::echo::

::sigh:: is it any wonder I need to lose poundage???

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Alli you are cracking me up! I''ve done that experiment as well. Also the one with the beer. Mmmm. Beeeeeer.

Yeah. So, about that vending machine. I hate that thing. I wish they would stop filling it. I think I need to either:

a) leave my wallet in the car

or

b) every time I put a dollar in I have to pull a dollar out of the slowly accumulating pile that is destined to end on my ears in the form of diamonds.

Perhaps both.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In case anyone has any good advice about waterproofing some suede boots that I just ordered I have a thread going in the Shopping forum...
1.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!

Yesterday I hit about 1539 calories. It could''ve been better but not too bad. Right now I''m about 950. Dinner tonight will be chicken Parm for James. We probably won''t be eating together since he''s got a school group meeting.

I''m plannign on hitting yoga today, so I''ve been pounding water for the past hour. My sister came over before she leaves today and we hung out in the morning. She''s gone all month
7.gif
But at least I get to see her in Mammoth for our ski trip. Yesterday I did Day 1 of 100 push ups routine and added on a workout video. It was a total of about an hour. I finished and was SWEATING by the time James got home. Dinner was Galumpkis, polish stuffed cabbage. It was tasty, I had about 3 of them and a lot of asparagus. Did some grocery shopping and started addressing my Save the Date envelopes.

Tac, yay! Glad T was so good. And sooo cute :) How was Zumba? Was it easier?

Skip, yay muscle hour. It''s gotten warm! 45F and sunny!!! I want to grill out but we need to get more propane. How do I run out of propane when I have TWO tanks at home...? Oh well. It''s supposed to get to 57F tomorrow! CAN''T WAIT!!! Going to go for a fun run!!! How''s nephew-sitting today?

Rod, Uber gym day sound exhausting. Hope to hear from you today. Do you have any sensitivity from the dental work?

Gecko, how''s the no vending machine challenge? My sister''s allergic to about everything too.

Deejay, doing yoga tonight. I''m down for tomorrow too. Glad your friend likes it. I hope she comes tomorrow also. I need your fancy scale to tell me some numbers i''d like to see. I know still need to work on loosing weight and fat in certain areas. I''ve been trying to press out some knots in my back and shoulders and totally feel the chub there. Motivates me to do more yoga and push ups.

Marcy, James likes the Edys girl scout cookie flavors so we''ve been getting that. I used to be all about GS cookies when I was younger, but I think I ate so much of them I don''t like them anymore. Great exercise on portion control :)

Alli, 45 mins of cardio is a great way to start the day. It''ll get your heart pumping and wake you up too! Your FI should join you at the gym too! It''s a great way to just hang out. Tell him you guys don''t need to workout together just go together and leave together. KInda like a gym buddy, motivator thing. :) Alli, try upping your lean protein some more I usually find that helps keep hungry at bay. And lots of water. I''d try packing a little snack of some slices of low fat turkey & some veggies (carrots etc). Or a little bit of peanut butter on something.

Lore, yay! another Treddy workout. How far do you walk/jog?

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did 30 min on the elliptical tonight. Tomorrow is my PT session.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......it was a long day as usual. Charlie fixed chicken meatloaf for dinner, which was soooooo good! It''s almost 10 PM and I''ve been doing some work to be prepared for work tomorrow. Tomorrow will be an ''uber'' day with the gym right after work. Not much else to report for the day.

Sorry for the quick fly-by, but I still have work to do tonight and I''m beat.

Lliang, I''ve had remarkably no sensation with the crown. I will say the gum line is a bit sore as my dentist had to push the gum line down on the crown tooth and the teeth on either side of it as he did partial veneers on both sides and needed to make they went below the gum line. So, a little soreness from that. Otherwise, not much of an issue at all.

Hey and have a great Thursday everyone!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
lliang - the vending machine challenge is going so so, LOL. I made it to Wed before I hit the silly thing. BUT - From now on every dollar I put in I''m going to make myself pull 2 out of my personal earring fund.
23.gif
That ought to motivate me!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Gecko, NOT THE EARRINGS!!! Ha ha, talk about motivation!!!! That''s not so bad you made it to Weds before hitting it. It sounded like you were hitting it every day, so going until Weds is a pretty good accomplishment.

Yoga today was kinda miserable. I think I''m in DESPERATE need for a massage. My entire right side is all in knots, half of which I got trying to press other knots out. I think I''m going to try to go for one on Friday or Saturday. We''ll see.

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow. It''s going to be WARM WARM WARM. I REALLY need to tell myself to meet Dee @ yoga but it''s SOOOO hard when it''s soooo nice out. It''s almost NEVER 57F in early March! Must. Go. To. Yoga tomorrow... Everyone remind me please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results