shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 27th Oct till 2nd Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Diva

Have you thought about maybe changing your exercise regime?

My old work coleague who I go to the gym with lost quite a bit of weight through the gym. She is an avid walker anyway and every Saturday walks about 21 miles with her daughter. She hit a plateau with the weight loss and spoke to one of the personal trainers at the gym.

He informed her that the way she was working out at the gym may have been a factor in the plateau. She could do a straight 45 minutes on the cross trainer before anything else. He told her she was doing endurance work outs rather than cardio work outs to burn fat. He advised her to do each piece of equipment for a much shorter time and really mix it up.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 3:42:55 PM
Author: Diva0413
Hi all!

I was a classically trained ballet dancer and at my lowest, I weighed 105 pounds at 5''3. At some point, of course after I stopped dancing, I gained so much weight so quickly that I was pushing 160 pounds.

Yeah that''s pretty much where I''m at right now. We are like identical! I went to a classical ballet academy too and then in college did some dancing but not nearly as much. There''s a dance studio right across from where I started working and I think I might check to see if they have some adult ballet classes. that would be so great! Doing ballet doesn''t even feel like I''m exercising to me, that''s probably why I love it so much haha. I think I will probably be leaving my pointe shoes at home however :)

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Good evening, everyone! I''ve had the best intentions of posting more frequently on here, but it seems like every time I get on a roll, life get in the way. First, it was my good friend''s mother (who was a good friend of mine) passing away in August. Around that same time, my older cat (she is 11 yrs) had surgery. Now my other cat (10 yrs) has been undergoing tests and will be having an ultrasound later this week. She had a cyst drained last week and quite possibly could have a tumor
emsad.gif
That combined with a crazy work schedule has just completely thrown me off of my routine, which has been quite frustrating. Reading some of the posts on this thread has really motivated me again to not let anything get in the way and to do what I can to rein everything in and get control of my health and weight loss. I am thinking about possibly rejoining WW online again - it worked pretty well for me before - but was wondering if anyone else had any other similar suggestions/online tools that would be cheaper than WW (or free even) for monitoring and tracking food consumption and exercise? I also read on someone''s post about not seeing results as quickly due to doing endurance training moreso than cardio training. I think that has described me to a T...I usually do abs and weight training and then about 45-60 min of stairmaster or elliptical, etc. The idea of mixing it up and doing shorter stints on more activities sounds like something I need to try.

I will do better in my next post to respond to more individually. It sounds like everyone is doing well - keep up the good work! I hope to be able to add soon to all the weight loss successes that I read about on here
1.gif

-PW

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
ILoveAsschers - I''m out in Auburn Hills, right by the Palace.
5.gif

Thanks Marcy. Adam would go to the gym with me, but the man works full time AND is in law school. He barely has time to sleep.
7.gif

You nail comment has inspired me to give myself a little mani pedi tonight!

SDL - We''re moving in Feb, so I''ve been doing the same sort of slow sorting through rooms. We''ve been here for 3 years and some things have never been out of the storage unit! If I haven''t needed it in 3 years... I certainly don''t need them now! It''s amazing how much stuff we accumulate! I''m so glad you used fewer flex points than you thought!
36.gif

Miscka - I have always been an emotional eater. I try to have a cup of tea or hot cocoa first when I''m looking for some comfort. Often that''s enough!

Hi Steph!
35.gif
Yay for loose jeans!

Smurfy - I''m glad the move went well! Congrats on the job!
36.gif

elledizzy - that iPod helps me out! I hope it motivates you too! I need to remember to take mine to work!

LOL Skippy- snow is fun in December. Until you have to drive in it. In October.... *sigh* I''m a gecko because I''m a freaking reptile - always cold, LOL.

dragonfly - nope, never seen it! And I hate waiting for the car to defrost! Ugh.

LOL merrymunky- DH and I do that alll the time, same house, different worlds, LOL.

Go Dee!!

Hi MajorGroove! Inspiration always welcome! Thanks for sharing your story!

35.gif
To everyone else!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Welcome MG! Good to have you here!

Exercise motivation....I make little deals with myself that I will do a shorter time period on the treddy or elliptical, then once I get out there and start, 9 times out of 10 I get in a great workout and do longer than I planned. The hardest part is getting out and doing it, once you make yourself get up and get out there, then you have got over the hard part!

Also think of what makes exercise fun or more tolerable, such as TV - I have to have my DVD'S as I prefer it to music, or if music is your thing then download some great tunes and work away with your ipod! If you can find something you enjoy such as music or TV ( you could treat yourself to some DVD's of your fave shows) then you are more likely to get out there and do it!

Hey PW and smurfy!
35.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Gecko- lucky girl near Great Lakes Crossing! I took a class at OCC this summer and it was at the auburn hills campus... it was a hike for me, but now I am at MSU
1.gif

SDL that is awesome about the points!

Diva- I am not a dancer, but I am just like you in the sense that I was an athlete ALL my life and then BAM I went to college and my body definitely ballooned. Unfortunately I am at my highest weight I have ever been (and I am around 5''4") at 175, but I have been going to the gym and eating less.. I don''t count points because I get too obsessed and that is just a BAD thing. Good job on the weight loss, I bet you feel a lot better then you did before at least!

Major Groove- GOod job on already starting your weightloss. Hopefully this site will make it easier to continue!

Patiently waiting- SORRY ABOUT YOUR CATS! I just got kittens in August and I am already so attached to them and in love with them and they are only 5 months old! I can''t imagine how you must feel.

Well off to the gym, aalthough I am DREADING it! Ugh Normally I only do the treadmill maybe today I will just do the elliptical and get crazy and do the stairmaster?? who knows ladies and gents!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
geckodani - He had a right ol'' whinge at me about that earlier! Even though he had played games all day, when he came off the xbox and I failed to come off here quick enough he moans! Then of course we get into a debate about stale lives blah blah blah! hahaha

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

It''s been a busy week and I haven''t had much time to check in. I hope everyone''s having a great week. Too many posts to catch up on! It looks like I have a lot of reading to do. : )

I was thinking earlier of what I do to be prepared (like Lorelei''s opener mentioned). We always try to go to different restaurants'' websites and try as best we can to plan our meal ahead of time. At the very least we get an idea of what types of things to pay particular attention to when we browse the menu. It really helps.

I went to the gym to work out with my trainer today, and MAN, he made my muscles sore. He taught me a few new exercises (different types of squats, etc.), and my whole body hurts right now. I just went into the kitchen to get a drink, and standing up was hard work! My legs feel like rubber. It was a great workout though. I think I''m really overtired (woke up for the day before 5:00 -- unintentionally), and I got the giggles at the end of my workout. I just couldn''t stop laughing. I wasn''t even laughing at anything in particular. It''s early to bed for me tonight.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Asschers - I live literally across the street from Oakland University, LOL.
9.gif

SDL - A trick from Clean House is to take a picture of the momento - then you still have a way to remember it, but don''t actually have to keep the item in question.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 7:03:52 PM
Author: merrymunky
geckodani - He had a right ol'' whinge at me about that earlier! Even though he had played games all day, when he came off the xbox and I failed to come off here quick enough he moans! Then of course we get into a debate about stale lives blah blah blah! hahaha
LOL! Wow that sounds familiar, LOL!!!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 8:14:20 PM
Author: geckodani

Date: 10/29/2008 7:03:52 PM
LOL! Wow that sounds familiar, LOL!!!
I wish someone would tell my FI that it isn''t just is then!

HAHAHA

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from my walk!!! I was treated to a great sunset
emhot.gif

Weight watchers motivation for me: This is what I do keep on track of my points and stay motivated.
- Buy a food scale and measuring cups. I weigh and measure everything so I know exactly how many points I eat since I tend to fudge if I don't.
- Buy a sharpie, marker and mark all your boxed foods so you know the points and no guessing required since you know we guess when we are tired (the guess work is already done for you).
- I have a note pad on the fridge and make how many points are in my favorite meals so I don't have to recalculate the points everytime.
- Make a list of low point foods, apple 1 pts, cheese stick 1 pts, lots of veggies 0 points, veggie soups frozen for ease to warm up 0 pts, fiber one bar 2 pt, etc.
- I have a lot of WW cookbooks and take advantage of the WW etools or the weekly email from them. Those few things keep me motivated.
- If I lose weight I weigh a patato (or something close to my weight loss) or if I feel like I haven't lost a lot then I go pick up something that is the weight I actually lost overall and it is a good reminder of how far I have come
2.gif

- journal what I eat so if I have a great week at another time I can go back and repeat that week.
- If I don't lose that week I go try on my old pants and that helps or look at an old picture or remeasure myself so I know the inches I lost.
- Those are my motivators and the best one of all is reminding myself about diabetes running in my family and knowing I am working to fight it off by being healthy and working out.

Have a great night all
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........It was another typically long day. I had to get up extra early as I needed to go get a blood test to have my semi-annual PSA. I''ve had prostate issues since I was in my early 30''s, so I have to be checked twice a year. And some of you may remember that I had to have a prostate biopsy a year ago, but luckily nothing was wrong! Since I got to work late, I wound up staying till after 6:30 to make up for it. Since it wasn''t a gym night, I just stopped off at Fresh Market and picked up a baked chicken and some cucumber dill salad. Charlie had to work tonight, so I just relaxed at home for a while. Tomorrow is a gym night, so it will be a late check in for me.

Why thank you thank you Asschers!! I think I am a pretty happy person (at meast mof to the time!). Ellie is just adorable!!

Yummmmm to Pizza Marcy and YAY for 35 minutes on the treadmill. I remember when you first stated on the treaddie and if memory serves, you weren''t doing 35 minutes then, so YAY FOR YOU!!

How funny that you went to a drag show Michelle!! I haven''t been to one in several years. I hope you enjoyed yourself! I''m glad you''re so lookiing forward to your trip...

Yay for restraint and for not eating candy Miscka! What I do when an overwhelming urge comes on to eat something, I just make sure I eat something healthy. I always have a jar full of fresh raw (unprocessed) almonds and raisins. It''s a healthy snack and the almonds provide good for you fat.

Hey Steph, it''s good to see you''re doing well. Even I would have a difficult time not tasting home made cucpcakes, so I''ve to to give you credit for being so good. I''m glad your cucake endeavor is going so well. How about this wonderful cool weather we''re having??

Congratulations on a successful move Smurf and YAYAYAY for getting the job! In my old job, I had an employee who worked for me in B oulder and I used to have to travel there every now and then. It was really pretty to look out the window and see the mountians, especially in the winter, when they were covered in snow. Though Rod''s rule of snow, it should be looked at but never touched!! LOL

I hope you find the time to get in some exercise and use your iPod elle. I use my iPod when I''m on the elliptical and it keeps my going at 10/MPH.

Skippy, Charlie and I have always wanted to visit Santa Fe. I guess it''s actually pretty close to you right? If we ever find a way to get out there, it would be SO COOL to get together with you sweetie!!!

Wow, frozen everything is cold dragon. Maybe too cold, eh?? It was in the low 40s this morning and to be honest, it was too cold for this time of the year. We''re supposed to warm back up to near 80 this weekend.

I''m sure you''ll adjust to your new diet merrymunky. I hope you enjoyed your evening with your FI......

When is your trip DeeJay? I''m still so jealous of you. Your buddies Rod and Charlie think you should invite us along to make sure you''re safe while you hike and of course we''ll make sure you don''t get in any trouble or drown in the Galapagos. Feel free to send us the airline tickets.......LOL

Welcome MajorGroove! I''m glad you''ve found success with WW. I too was a pretty hefty child. I hope you find as much inspiration, friendship and great advice as I do here! On the workout front. I am very committed to my workouts. What you have to do is set an exercise schedule and stick with it. No excuses. If you say you''re going to workout, just do it. They say that anything you do consistently for at least 6 weeks, beocmes habit. For me, three years after I started working out, I remain very focused on keeping up with my workouts and can''t imagine how I ever lived before I started working out.

Diva, Lorelie has said this as have others......."Slow and steady wins the race." Rapid weight loss isn''t good and usually is short term. We all hit plateaus. The thing is you can''t let them get you down, or give up. If you want to keep on your goals, mixing up your workouts and maybe increading the amount of cardio you do may help you start losing weight again.

It''s now after 11 PM and I''ve got to get to bed. I''m sorry I didn''t get to finish saying hello to everyone personally.

Sleep well everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I hope you had a great day.I got home after school and was pleased to find my spinel I ordered from customgemstones waiting for me.
36.gif
Marty opened it since it was addressed to him.He looked at it in the sun and said it was purple outside and it’s blue in the house.It’s very tanzanite like.I will turn it in with my original ering tomorrow evening to get mounted.Woo hoo!I posted pictures in my Who’s Who with the stone setting in my ring.I have to have diamonds put back in my ring guard because I had them removed with the center stone for a pendant.
SanDiegoLady, I hope you have time in the spring to take a class.Have fun at the graduation.I am glad you had a wonderful evening out with the girls.
Hi Lorelei.I agree once you start exercising it’s not as bad as you thought it might be and I can always add a few more minutes once I get going.
Miscka, I used to really worry about if I slipped up today I would be out of control again but I don’t even give it a second thought anymore.It’s a lifestyle change for me and I know that now.What kind of things to you like and find comfort in other than food?
Steph, that is great your cupcake business is going so well.If you lived near me I would have placed an order for this weekend.
Smurfysmiles, welcome to the Rocky Mountains!I am delighted to hear you got the job.
Asschers, glad to hear you had a got spin on the treadmill last night.
Elle, this thread has been busy but I love it!That is great you are sticking at 1200 calories.Good luck getting motivated to get up early to exercise.
Skippy, we rarely have a nice Halloween and we are going to be in the 70’s during the day too.Have fun in Santa Fe. I forgot to watch The Great Pumpkin but I have it on DVD so I’ll have to catch it in the next few days.
Dragonfly, 20’s in Florida?OMG!That’s like Wyoming.Good for you training for a 5K in January.
Merrymunky, I eat every few hours and that helps keep me from being hungry.It is nice being able to eat what you want.I try to make every calorie count.
DeeJay, have a blast on your trip.
MajorGroove, welcome to the thread.Congratulation for being down 37 pounds.It sounds like you are doing everything right working towards a healthier you.
Diva, have you gone to sparkpeople and calculate how much you should lose by your wedding?I think one to two pounds a month is a resonable goal.
Patiently Waiting, I hope your cat is okay.Sparkpeople is great and it’s free.
Gecko, it sounds like Adam is very busy.I can identify with that.I love having painted nails and toenails.
Zoe, I hope you aren’t as sore tomorrow.It sounds like you had a great workout though.
Rod, I do remember your scare last year.It was awful.Yes, when I started the treadie which was last spring I was walking only 10 minutes.
Well, I must get ready for bed and go look at my spinel again.
Marcy

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Got my rear in gear and did some cleaning last night! I find when my world is less cluttered at home I have an easier time focusing on other things, like keeping myself healthy.

Rod- glad all was well with your checkup! Cucumber dill salad sounds great. How often do you go to the gym, if I may ask?

Marcy - Yay for spinel! I''m off to check it out...

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Morning all

Just checking in. Hope everyone is good today.

FI and I are off to a gig tonight...hopefully a bit of moshing will burn some calories.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Rod! I know, it is freezing here! Isn''t it a little early to be so cold? It is nice in the afternoons though when it warms up.

Marcy, yea for your new gem, it sounds incredible. I will have to go check out the pics soon!

Everyone have a fab day!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/30/2008 9:17:43 AM
Morning all

Just checking in. Hope everyone is good today.

FI and I are off to a gig tonight...hopefully a bit of moshing will burn some calories.
Moshing?? Does that mean jumping up and down to the music?
9.gif
I am not '' with it'' enough to know these terms!!
39.gif
11.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK kids -- of to Peru!

Was 134 this morning (up .5 lbs from the past few days) so we'll see where I am when I get back, and despite my best intentions I didn't exactly make it to the gym this morning...
20.gif

I'll miss you guys!

35.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 9:34:51 AM
Author: Lorelei

Moshing?? Does that mean jumping up and down to the music?
9.gif
I am not '' with it'' enough to know these terms!!
39.gif
11.gif

Yup! Not sure how lively a gig it will be. We''ll probably hang about on the edge of the crowd anyway. Don''t often go right into the moshpit these days...too violent!
2.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh I am bummed today. Last night I went to try on some jeans, since I really don''t have any that fit right now. Well, I only went one place but I felt short and fat, which is ridiculous since I am 5''9". In my head I know it''s just that style wasn''t flattering, but I feel yucky. So I am being really careful today. Oatmeal and yogurt for bfast, lean cuisine lunch and maybe soy nuggets or shrimp for dinner. NO candy!! I had a few pieces yesterday. I am also going to walk my puppy at lunch.

I will try to get to everyone later, hope you guys are having a good day.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 10:56:55 AM
Author: Miscka
Ugh I am bummed today. Last night I went to try on some jeans, since I really don''t have any that fit right now. Well, I only went one place but I felt short and fat, which is ridiculous since I am 5''9''. In my head I know it''s just that style wasn''t flattering, but I feel yucky. So I am being really careful today. Oatmeal and yogurt for bfast, lean cuisine lunch and maybe soy nuggets or shrimp for dinner. NO candy!! I had a few pieces yesterday. I am also going to walk my puppy at lunch.

I will try to get to everyone later, hope you guys are having a good day.

Oh... I feel your pain. I went shopping last week and I cried in the dressing room. It ruined the rest of the day for me.

I''ve been trying to eat well, too! I promised myself not to go jeans shopping until i''ve lost at least 10 pounds.

Good Luck, Miscka!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Morning all! Well last night went well. I jogged two laps around the property (equivelent of .5 miles) Then ran the hill 150 times (it''s a smaller steep hill made of sugar sand so good prep for my 5 k). Then I did 100 jumping jacks 20 lunges, 50 standing crunches, side and front, then did 60 seconds of standing in a plie squat and doing cross punches, followed by 60 seconds of boxer shuffle, then more cross punches, then some side kicks then front and back kicks. So all in all a good outside workout. The cold weather was nice because it kept me from getting too nasty to want to do more. SO''s crazy ex is trying to start problems again and I''m NOT letting it happen. I took up practicing kickboxing through Billy Banks and on the TV as a form of self defense as this girl is rather unpredictable and now that she is trying to start things again, I''m glad I did. I just have to stay in practice now.
I''m hoping to spend some time on the tread mill tonight.

SDL - have you thought about gathering everything you want to get rid of and having a yard sale? That way you could make some money back off of the items
Diva - try mixing up your routine. Your body is probably used to the things you are doing. Maybe add KICKBOXING lol or some jogging, or dance!
PW - I do 1200 cals vs WW it''s easier for me and I don''t want to limit my recipes.
Gecko - Go rent the great pumpkin. It is a must watch!
Ilove - how was your gym trip?
Zoe - sounds like he found muscles you didn''t know about lol
Skippy - how do you keep yourself organized with all of that? Like routine wise?
Rod - Glad to hear your blood test wasn''t a nightmare. Hopefully things stay ok!! And your dinner sounds like it was yummy
Marcy - Yay new bling!!!
Merry - Have fun!!!!
Dee - Take pictures for us, I hope it''s a blast!
Lorelei - A moshing is when you get into a rock type atmosphere and the fans start "dancing" but they''re really just jumping around, head banging, and pushing each other. I got stuck in one when I sent to see Flogging Molly (I love them), and it was NOT fun

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely hate trying things on in shops. I rrely find anything that looks half decent on me. I am limited to very few shops too, being plus sized. (UK 26 for jeans and anything from 20-24/26 top depending on style and fit)

I usually come home feeling miserable.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all!!

Thanks for the kind words. I needed it. I was feeling pretty good about myself, but my sadness I think was triggered by a recent high school renunion... Sigh...

Smurfysmiles... I was thinking about going back too because you''re right... It doesn''t feel like exercise. At my gym, they actually offer classes with instructors from the New York City ballet so I''m definitely going to check it out. I''ll let you know how it goes.
Merrymunky & Dragonfly411... How funny is it that I actually started my first kickboxing class yesterday... Man, it was sooooo much fun, plus I got a chance to let some frustration out.
Elledizzy5 & Miscka... It''s good to know I wasn''t the only one feeling that way yesterday. Miscka, it looks like you did a great job yesterday (because for me those feelings usually make me eat more crap). So great job!
Rod & Marcyc... I too think 1-2 pounds a month is very reasonable. I was starting to second-guess myself though because lately I''ve been doing more fluctuating than actually losing weight. I know the motto is slow and steady... I sometimes feel I''m moving too slowly though.

As for today... It''s a new day. I spent yesterday evening by myself so I took some time to reflect and re-evalute my goals. I still feel yucky, but I''m going to do my best and celebrate the weight I''ve lost already rather than dwell on the weight I''m still trying to lose. Thank you all for listening.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All.

Skip, so glad you got to see a lovely sunset on your walk.

Dee, we''ll miss you too! Have a safe trip.

PW, so glad to see you back. Life gets in the way sometimes, GRR!

Rod, hope your tests go well.

I took yesterday off from working out. No school today, work this evening, will go to the gym at some point. I''m lazing around and doing laundry as I''m going to my sisters'' for Halloween tomorrow morning.

Have a great day all.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Misck, Elle and Merry...I feel your pain, I think we have all been there. I know how depressing it can be when you feel that things aren't looking good, it can really make you feel terrible in so many ways. The good news is that this too shall pass and I have found when I feel that way, that I buy something that DOES make me feel great. It could be a shirt or jacket, shoes or anything that you do feel good in. Or if you can't face clothes, buy some new makeup or perfume, I find perfume to be an incredible mood lifter!

When you get days like that, it is so important I think to really be good to yourself - YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dee, we will miss you! Have a fab time!
35.gif

Diva, thats the spirit! Take it a little at a time and celebrate EVERY success!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 11:22:27 AM
Author: Diva0413
Hey all!!
As for today... It''s a new day. I spent yesterday evening by myself so I took some time to reflect and re-evalute my goals. I still feel yucky, but I''m going to do my best and celebrate the weight I''ve lost already rather than dwell on the weight I''m still trying to lose. Thank you all for listening.
Yay, great job!!! I have a friend who always says it took awhile to put it on it is reasonable it takes awhile to take off! You are doing great Diva; like your positive thinking!!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning Friends!!
emhot.gif

I changed my weigh in's to Saturday since going 2x to Weight Watchers is a bit much, so I will weigh in on Saturday.
2.gif

I probably will go on another walk and then come home and do some push ups and sit ups. I want to surprise hubby and make homemade pizza for him tonight and a nice fresh arugula salad (I LOVE arugula); then for dessert fresh raspberries!!! Have a FAB day all
35.gif

ROD, is it a sushi night? Wow, that is cold in the mornings! Enjoy the gym tonight! I put in your ww a note about Santa Fe. I love it there; it is like nothing I have ever seen anywhere!!!! I never get tired of seeing the plaza and I even had to work in that area for 3 months and enjoyed seeing it. hehe

SDL ~ I hope you had a nice evening back at work!! Sounds like you are enjoying your new job; I am happy for you friend!!! When is the graduation? It is coming up soon!! How was your wi today. . .

MARCY ~ I saw your beautiful spinel in your ww; I love it!!! Are you close to your goal or already there? Hope you don't mind me asking. You are tiny!!!

GECKO ~ yay for cleaning and a workout at the same time!!!

MERRYMUNKY, oh yes, sounds like you will burn calories for sure!!! Hang in there, hugs; shopping is always tough.

STEPH ~ great to see you.

DEEJAY ~ come back w/pics so we can live through you vicariously! hehe Have a wonderful trip; I know you will! We will miss you!

MISCKA ~ hi there sugar! I wish I was 5'9. Your day sounds healthy!

ELLEDIZZY ~ hi there; your cat is so cute!!!

DRAGONFLY ~ well since I have a points finder as I put away grocery's I get out my sharpie and write on boxes. Am I answering your question? I keep the food scale by the dishes so I know to weigh things like almonds, apples, etc. I could get out baggies and measure out things so they are premeasured. Yay for your jogging and hills too; that is awesome!!! You sound like you are doing awesome!

DIVA ~ I like your thinking! I am losing approx 1/2 lb a week but I too am like you and look at the big picture plus the statistics say that if you lose weight slow you are more likey to keep it off versus people who lose fast.

KIMI ~ morning friend!!! Thank you, I love sunrises and sunsets; I bet you do too! Oh fun, do you know what your nephew will be for Halloween? I bet he is super excited and excited to see you!!!

LORELEI ~ you are right!!! Thanks for the tip!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Diva - Glad to hear you had fun with the kickboxing! Just keep trucking, it''ll peel away eventually!

Skippy - yep that answered :) Thanks!! The hill work is fun for me, it''s a new challenge and works muscles I was having a hard time targeting before (like my inner thighs for some reason).

Lorelei - you are so encouraging on here, just wanted to say that

SO is bringing me lunch today because he has today off. So we''re going to eat outside.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results