shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 27th Oct till 2nd Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Afternoon friends!!!

I was super excited to try this different Vietnamese place. I looked at their menu online and also read some reviews and it sounded like it would be yummy. My husband and I sat down and hubby said; "oh, I have been here but it was 15 yrs ago and I didn't like it." So I thought I would order something safe, well it was cubed chicken w/lots of fat
14.gif
in some beef broth thing. I only had 2 bites; I am sticking to my favorite Vietnamese place that gives me chicken w/lots of fresh veggies and super yummy. Hubby liked his though so that was good and at least I won't keep wondering if this place was good and the good thing is that I didn't eat too much. hehe
9.gif
Then I stopped by the regular grocery store after lunch for a few things. I bought almond joys & lolly pops because I HATE them (and they won't tempt me)
31.gif
and I will be giving those out for Trick or treat, thank you very much!
2.gif

I think I will just walk today too because it is so beautiful outside. Hope everyone has a fabulous day
35.gif

ROD ~ hope your day was wonderful!

MARCY ~ I hear you on not wanting to gain over the holidays; I made a pledge to myself not to get too crazy and aim for not gaining! Good thinking!
emidea.gif

SDL ~ how fun for a new desk; I love Ikea. . . I wish we had one! We have a Sweet Tomatos which is owned by Souplantation, yum and I love the blueberry muffins too!!!!!
3.gif

MERRYMUNKY ~ yay for a points finder. Have you figured out how many pts you are suppose to eat a day? I can try to help if you don't know. Yay, great job!

KIMI ~ thanks for your recipe!

GECKO ~ yay for a plan; core has some good things on it. I have a few core cookbooks too which I love. mmmm

MISCKA ~ sounds like you have a great plan today! Ah, thanks, you are such a sweetheart; I bet you are a doll yourself!!!

LORELEI ~ I make deals too; yay for smart thinking!!!

DEEJAY ~ poop for the ipod battery dying. Yay for being down 24 lbs; that is so awesome! Yay for a bathing suit too! Wow, Thurs, awesome!!! Last cry for you to take me with you. LOL hehe

PANDA ~ ahh, I missed you lots too; I love that cute panda bear avatar!!! it makes me smile big!!! How was Hawaii? Yay for losing weight but sorry you were sick. Hope you feel better soon, hugs!! I love my hubby tons; your FI sounds wonderful as well!

DRAGONFLY ~ oh no about your pig! i love that you have so many animals!!! Yay for a workout before you start the day, awesome. Well, in muscle hour they do lunges in a circle so I might be in someones way if I stay in place. I just need to lift weights at the gym; thanks for the idea! Thanks!

ILOVEASSCHERS ~ yum to greek yogurt and yay for the gym tonight!

TACORI ~ her clip is super duper cute and friend I know you will lose that pesky little bit! I like your thinking! I think positive thinking keeps us on the right track, you rock woman!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori- your little girl is BEAUTIFUL! I think I have said that before but I love how you are always changing the pictures of her. My next door neighbors have three kids who I am really close with and I always want to post pics of them as my avatar but I don''t just because I don''t think I should ha. ALSO- my favorite brand of running shoes is Brooks. they are light and they like mold to your feet and they are AWESOME.

MerryMunky- that is awesome about the WW calculator!!! It seems that things are just falling into place for you!

and skippy- i just wanted to say you are always so HAPPY!
3.gif
good job, I can''t tell you how many times I have read that you have just gone on a walk/bike ride.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy...Thank you! I am assuming I am on 26 points a day as I was last time I did WW points plan. I haven''t changed weight since that time so I am going with that. I think eventually I willl have to go back to WW meetings properly.

ILoveAsschers13...Thank you hun! It would certainly seem that way. Now all I need to do is maintain the drive and willpower.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, I know you will lose your weight too. Sorry lunch was gross. I hate going out to eat and being disappointed. That is why I always order the same thing at certain restaurants. Why mess with a good thing?

Ilove, thank you! We certainly think she is pretty cute. I still cannot believe she is almost 1. My current running shoes hurt that bone that pops out on your ankle (forgot what it is called). It rubs. I think they are new balance. I hate them. Where do you buy yours?

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I live in MI and the store I buy them from is a running shoe store, not a chain. And I was reading an article in a running magazine about how the shoes are made out of recycled material and are biodegradeable after! I think they are pretty popular, but I wouldn''t know a store where you can try them on. I recommend trying on ALL the shoes you can to see which fit your foot best.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Tacori..... Tessa is so cute she makes my ovaries hurt, LOL.

Guess what? I get to be an AUNT! My sis is 6 weeks pregnant.
36.gif
9.gif
23.gif
36.gif
9.gif

In other news, I stuck to my plan, and stayed Core except for my pre-planned 5 point Weekly Points usage. Yay!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
ILove, there is a running store by my house I should go over there. Thanks!

Geck, you are so funny! Congrats on being an aunt! I am not an aunt yet but I hear it is lots of fun
2.gif
Good for you for sticking to your plan.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
1.gif
LOL. I think being a mom will be way more fun, but I''ll take Aunt for now!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from a short (20 min) walk; my hubby went with me. We had leftover burgers w/avocado and split a beer, yum! I will have a bowl of raspberries for dessert!
3.gif
Oh some fun news; my sister called to ask me if I could baby sit 2 days next week and of course I said YES. hehe
9.gif

Have a great evening all; off to watch the Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin on tv (silly/cute but fun, & of course nostalgic)!
emwink.gif

ILOVEASSCHERS ~ ah, thank you; you are so sweet!!! Ah, that is sweet you are friends with the kids next door. Glad you are on this thread, sweetheart!!

MERRYMUNKY ~ yay for knowing your points!!! Glad you are with us and you can do it; one lb at a time!!

TACORI ~ she is too cute! I am just like you, I like the same ole at specific places. Hubby teases me for not being more adventurous. We have a lot in common friend.
28.gif

GECKO ~ I LOVE LOVE LOVE being an aunt; is she close by?? How fun!!!! I love it; I was so excited to baby sit again. Congrats!!! Yay for doing Core, you rock!

DIVA ~ I agree this group rocks and yay for all the hard work and weight loss and if there is no loss at least there are "healthy strides," we all are working toward
36.gif

CROWNJEWEL ~ thanks again for the weight loss calculation; you are super!!!

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Good evening all!

Nothing to report here, but I just wanted to say YAY!!!!! for all of us. We''ve all been working so hard to stay healthy and I think we''ve been doing pretty darn good.

Check you ladies later!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

35.gif

It was so warm outside today that I went for a run this morning--I was kind of pokey but did my best! Hope everyone is well and in health.

cheers--Sharon

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Skippy - I have never seen the Great Pumpkin! My sis is in Canada, I''m in MI. It''s about a 4-5 hour drive, depending on the traffic on the bridge. So not as close as I''d like, but better than when she was in Boston!

It was snowing earlier. Seriously. SNOW.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Worked both jobs today. The part time position is located at the school where I''m long-term subbing (the school allows our org to use the facilities) so in between work and class I went for a walk through the surrounding neighborhood. We''re having enchiladas and salad for dinner, J is finishing it up right now.

Glad a few of you will find the recipe useful.

See ya tomorrow.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well hey there............It was a typical loooooong Tuesday. Got up extra early and was at work before 8, and worked till after 6. I went to the gym directly from work and had a very good workout. Came home and had a bowl of soup and a salad and a protien shake to wash it all down. I''m not going to the gym tomorrow night. It''s unusually cool in Florida for the end of October. In fact, it will be in the low 40s when we wake up tomorrow morning. They say it''s the coolest for this date, since the early 1900s. It''s kind of refreshing to finally be enjoying some cool weather.

I''msorry for being able to say hello to everyone tonight. I''m pretty pooped and I still have some work I have to do. I''ll do my best to write to everyone tomorrow night.

Sleep well everyone...........

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Gecko- I didn''t know you were in MI!!!! Where abouts??

Rod- good job on the working out so much. I read your who''s who and I really enjoyed learning more about you since I just recently joined this part of the forum... You seem so happy and positive!

Skippy - Yeah I have known Riley, the oldest since he was 6 months and I can''t believe he is turning SEVEN in December.. holy geeze!! and their daughter is Ellison... what a pretty name right? she is a spitfire. Maybe I will post a recent pic of her you guys will enjoy it!

Kimberly- I had enchilada casserole for dinner... YUMMMMMM!

P.S. this is ellie- she just got a new set of hand me downs and she changed outside and had to show off her outfit... HAHAH this is seriously exactly her personality- I LOVE HER

IMG_8581.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I made pizza tonight.Yummy!
3.gif
I walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes too.
SanDiegoLady, that is awesome you have your own space again.You like to write?Cool!Yes, our neighbor is a great guy.Marty helped his wife set up a computer to send him with a built in camera so they could talk while he was over there.Bless your son for being over there.
Merrymunky, you can eat bread just figure out your calories and you’ll be fine.I have been enjoying some cinnamon bread this week and love it for my morning break.That is great you got a WW point calculator.My mom lost about 50 pounds on WW and is on maintenance.
Geckodani, it is amazing how the more you do the more you want to do. I think Marty didn’t really know how to help me at first either but he was certainly willing to listen and help.He even quit snacking around me for quite awhile because he didn’t want to tempt me.Congratulations for becoming an aunt soon.
Miscka, I picked up some of the 100 calorie granola bars.It was good but small.I love the dark milky ways – the minis are 35 calories and divine.Not that I am trying to encourage you to eat candy but if I couldn’t have a piece of candy now and then I’d probably eat more of it later.Happy Birthday Monday!That is my mom’s birthday too.
Lorelei, I am more forgiving of myself than I used to be too.I think it’s because I know I’ve changed and a bad day here or there doesn’t mean I am going to wake up weighing 320 pounds again tomorrow.

DeeJay, congratulations on being down 24 pounds.
Panda, congratulations on being down 2 pounds and that is terrific your FI is trying to eat healthy too.I am glad you liked my picture.I was very excited to not gain anything this weekend.I am using the WW 3 pound rule for maintenance and so I was glad to not show a gain at all for a weekend.
Dragonfly, wow you did a lot of working out today.Woo hoo for burning calories.
Asschers, your avatar is very cool but it is quick.You guys are so cute and so is your kitty.I am a total Brooks fan too.
Tacori, yes one day at a time is all we can do.Tessa’s Birthday is Monday too?Cool.
Skippy, you are smarter than I am picking up candy to give out you don’t like.I will make that pledge with you not to go crazy over the holidays.Last year I ate cookies and gained about 8 pounds.Sorry to hear the restaurant wasn’t any good.Woo hoo for getting to babysit your cute nephew.
Diva, that isn’t said often enough – so I agree "YAY for all of us!"
Sharon, I am glad you are having nice weather.We are going to be near 70 all week.
Kimi, that is great you had time for a nice walk during your 2 jobs today.
Rod, I hope you get a good night’s sleep and tomorrow isn’t so long for you.
Well, I must get my nails painted and get to bed. See you after school tomorrow!
Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/28/2008 3:02:55 PM
Author: merrymunky
I have just been given the best GIFT!

My fiance''s mum has given me her Weight Watcher''s points calculator. An essential tool for counting my points. So now there is no excuse. As long as I have the nutrition info available on food packages I can work out the points value of everything I eat!

HELL YEAH!
Thats great! I just know you are going to do so well at this!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Also enjoy the journey MM, it feels good to be in control and doing great things for yourself! Well done!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 7:21:35 PM
Author: geckodani
Tacori..... Tessa is so cute she makes my ovaries hurt, LOL.

Ahahaha, I love this!! And I agree!

Dragonfly-alright, then it''s on! When should we start? Middle or end of next week? I think I will give up ice cream while I am at it. Surprisingly for this time of year, I have a hard time with ice cream!

Skippy-bummer about the restaurant. I have only had Vietnamese once, but it was great! And I LOOOOVE almond joys...but I used to hate them!

MerryMunky-sounds like you are right on track!!

Tacori-for sure try the running shop, they can tell a lot about your gait to help you chose the right shoe.

Marcy-I am a sucker for the dark milky ways too. Anything dark chocolate is tempting to me! I think I will have a piece today, since I don''t want to think about it too much and eat a ton, like you said. THanks for the early bday wishes! I love what you said to Lorelei about bad days, that gives me some food for thought.

SDL-sounds like you had a good evening!

Hi to everyone else!!!

I did really well yesterday. No candy!!! Woohoo! Today I will try to only have one piece, mid-afternoon. Not sure what I will do for dinner yet, but I have a bunch of healthy options so I should be fine.

I have been thinking a lot about emotional eating. Lately, I have been so happy that I don''t feel that pull, but I worry that I will again at a some point. I am thinking about trying to find other ways to cheer myself up, like a cup of coffee or something. Anyone else have success overcoming this?

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys! I have been totally slacking at posting to the board, but I have been reading! The cupcake biz has got me very busy these days! It is so much fun! And I have not been tasting them either which is good! I have been doing more of a South Beach way of eating the last few weeks, but not the super strict first 2 weeks. I feel really good and my jeans are getting loose...woohoo! Sounds like everyone is doing really well...have a great day!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys! I''m still alive! We just got all moved to colorado on friday and FINALLY got internet yesterday (talk about pricescope withdrawel) I''m in my new office at work looking out the window at the mountains because I GOT THE JOB!!!! Also I''ve been doing terrible on my diet, we''ve only been eating junk food since our kitchen is literally empty! However I did make my first few trips to whole foods grocery store and I LOVE IT!!!! I don''t know how we went without it!!!!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Smurfy-

I was wondering how your move went! I haven''t seen you around much. Trust me moving into somewhere new is always tough because aren''t you just so hungry by the time everything is moved in and you have to unpack and you just dont want to cook!?!

Last night I did 58 minutes on the treadmill, 1.75 miles of it running!!!!!
1.gif

WEll I''m just eating left over enchilada casserole and now I am off to a communications class review then a counselor appointment then english class.. We are reading Virginia Woolf and i''m not sure how I feel about her ha.

Have a good hump day everyone!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Man this thread moves fast! I can barely keep up.

I''ve REALLY started cutting back on calories. I''m right around 1200/day. I have been a serious slacker about exercise
8.gif
I even went out and bought a new iPod with hopes of inspiring myself, but haven''t gotten around to it.

I''m hoping I get the motivation to do it tomorrow morning. Once I do it once, I know it''ll get easier, but it''s that first time that''s so hard to get to. ugh!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning Healthy Friends
35.gif

Gosh, we are suppose to be int the mid 70's all week; how fantastic is that?!?!?! Those trick or treaters are going to have Perfect weather! haha
Well, I probably will go walking again; since it is so nice out!!!
emhot.gif
Yesterday hubby and I were talking and we have not been to Santa Fe in a long time so this weekend we probably will go up and walk around and eat lunch or dinner; it is so fun going up there.
9.gif

Have a great day all
35.gif

DIVA ~ hi there!!

SHARON ~ yay for beautiful weather and your run!

GECKO ~ the Great Pumpkin is cute if you grew up watching it; it is silly if you haven't. My husband and I were laughing at some of the things in the show. haha I think it was done in 1968 or something. Oh well that is good that she is too too far. Snow, yay! fun!

KIMI ~ you sound like such a wonderful teacher!!!

ROD ~ sorry your day was so long. Have a nice day and glad it cooled off in FL!

ILOVEA ~ ah what a cute little girl. Sounds like fun neighbors to be around; kids are the funniest! Yay for your workout!

MARCY ~ yum to pizza and yay for your walk!!! Kudos skinny minnie!!!

SDL ~ that is okay that it was icky; it was great seeing hubby on a lunch date and I didn't eat too much! hehehe Yay for having a wonderful time and having flex points; I love those bonus flex points!!! Sounds like a good time. hehe

LORELEI ~ hope the weather isn't so pants. Hugs and give the chickies a hug for me. hehe

MISCKA ~ lol to loving almond joys; I guess it is the coconut for me. I love those snowball cakes the pink ones. LOL Yay for no candy!

STEPH ~ your business sounds great; I am so happy for you. They look so pretty; you rock! Glad you came by to say hi!!

ELLE ~ be careful of cutting back too much on your calories. Great to see you; it does move fast! Good to see you!

SMURFY ~ hi there; glad you are back with us!!! Good to see you! Yay for the new job!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
GOODNESS lol! So glad to see everyone is so active and inspiring on here! Good MORNING! Well I woke up this morning to a frozen gate, frozen pasture and yes a frozen car. I was 5 mins late to my test because I couldn''t get the windshield to defrost!!!
6.gif
But my teacher understood, he''s a cool guy. The horses were frisky from the cold. Apparently it was in the twenties, that''s COLD in Florida. Last night I didn''t work out, why you ask? Because I went costume hunting. I''m going to be a rag doll! Black and pink, go look for it, so cute lol. ANYWAY. This morning I also didn''t work out because I was crampy and not feeling well, so I slept longer, thinking I wouldn''t NEED to defrost anything. Tonight when I get off I''m going to So'' s mom''s to jog in the deep sand (good for my legs). I''m excited about the 5 k in January, it''s a good goal for me, one that I really needed, something to work towards and to challenge myself with. I''m going to start giving myself daily challenges too. I''m making the list at lunch. Anyways.
Tacori - who''s birthday?
Skippy - I''ve never had vietnamese cuisine, is it good? I love animals with a passion. Currently SO and I have a fish, two dogs (yorkie mix and a pitt bull), two horses (both arabian) and our pig. He also has an older pitt bull but she lives with his mom because she''s older and moving her would be traumatizing. Sorry about your class, but at least you gave yourself something to do!
Iloveasschers - I''ll have to look for those shoes, and that picture is TOO CUTE
Canuk - gj running!!
Gecko - YOU NEVER SAW THE GREAT PUMPKIN!?!?!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Rod - cold = agreed
16.gif

marcy - mmmmmm pizza!! gj still working out too
SDL - how fun, sounds like it was yummy too!!
Miscka - middle of the week, it makes it more fun. We have an ice creamery here that makes carbless and low calorie ice cream. It''s amazing too
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

Steph - great that your cupcakes are keeping you busy!
5.gif

Smurfy - GRATS on the job and I''m glad your transition is going smoothly
Elle - 1200 is what I do, and it is fulfilling if you do it right

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all.

Hope you are all having a pleasant day.

I was supposed to be babysitting tonight but they have cancelled. The Mum was going out to play squash while her DH is away on business but her playing partner blew her out at the last minute. So a few less quid in my savings kitty but nevermind.

So I have a nice evening in with my FI instead, which is nice as we have virtually ignored each other all day. He has been engrossed in Fable 2 on the xbox and I have been on here, ebay etc. I'll have to treat him to a nice tea of Falafal with salad and Vienetta for dessert. I have counted the points ready for my ice cream treat. I actually had toast this morning too. I love being able to eat whatever I want ao long as I stay in that points allowance.

I actually feel rather hungry before meal times now already which up untiil I started the points plan, I wasn't. I was just eating routinely because it was that time of day.

Hopefully within a couple of weeks I will be settled into the new eating regime.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids! Did 65 on the dreadmill this morning, ratcheting up the incline as I went, then two sets of arms. Trying to tie up two contracts and a commercial lease today, and it might be nice if I start thinking about packing some time soon...
20.gif
It did occur to me last night that I have no idea where my rain gear is so I bolted off to REI and picked upa few things, just in case it''s wet for the hiking. There''s nothing worse that hiking when you''re all wet! That''s all for now!

MajorGroove

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

I can''t remember if I ever introduced myself on one of these threads, but if I did, it''s been a very long time! So, here goes!

I''m 27 years old, in my fourth year of medical school, engaged to the love of my life (wedding is 4/18/09), and have struggled with my weight my entire life. I''m here to get and give support; I''ve been on Weight Watchers since May, and it has worked WONDERS for me. Some background on me:

I''ve always been a chubby girl. When I was 13, I weighed 174 lbs. I don''t know why I remember that, but it''s the one time in my life when I remember stepping on the scale and actually paying attention to the weight. I''m not even sure if I was at my adult height yet (I''m 5''9"), but I seriously doubt it. Through my teens and early twenties, I tried obsessively to diet, restrict, and lose weight, and it never worked. I was always between 165-175, no matter what. I had low self-esteem and often turned to food for comfort. I was your typical stress/emotional eater, and I definitely remember bingeing on an entire pound of M&Ms more than once (man, that makes you feel sick!). After graduating from college, I moved to a big city for a year and had no car; I lost a good bit of weight just from all the walking I had to do to get around. But when medical school interviews and their inherent stress hit, combined with my hectic work/travel schedule, the weight started to creep back on. It continued throughout medical school, and during my third year (when I started clinical rotations), it spun way out of control. By May, I weighed 201 pounds; 2 lbs shy of frank obesity.

Yikes.

I decided to do something about it the day the diabetic educator came to our class to teach us how to check blood sugar and give insulin injections, so that we could teach our diabetic patients and know what they were going through. I was terrified to check my blood sugar; I was just certain that it would be high because I was so overweight, and that I''d end up finding out I had diabetes and that I would have it the rest of my life. I hemmed and hawed and stalled, staring at the glucometer and test strips, and finally sucked up the courage to prick my finger and let the glucometer show me the truth. To my surprise and glee, my blood sugar was stone-cold normal. . .which was even more amazing given that I''d had a giant bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast less than 2 hours earlier. I was so excited that it wasn''t too late, and that Saturday, I attended my first Weight Watchers meeting. I started on the flex plan, and I haven''t looked back.

Now it''s almost November, and I weighed 164 lbs at my last weigh-in; down 37 lbs from where I started. My goal is 150, and I''m certain I can reach it. I''ve gone from squeezing into a size 14 to fitting nicely into a size 10. I have never weighed this little in my adult life! The amazing thing is that I don''t feel deprived, and I don''t feel like I''m dieting. I''ve stopped bingeing entirely. I''m not sure what it was that finally made this stick: if it was my fear of obesity and its health complications (which I see every single day in the hospital), if I''ve finally got enough maturity to seek comfort from things other than food, if it''s the support of my awesome fiance (who has been nothing short of amazing), or if it''s the fact that this is a workable plan, but regardless, I''m excited.

I''d be more than happy to share with others things that have worked for me, and things that haven''t. I''ve got a ridiculously high-stress, hectic life, and even I am surprised that I''ve managed to lose any weight at all!

So, hi everyone, and I hope everything is going well for all your healthy lifestyles! My big thing now is going to be exercise. . .I am sooo out of shape it is ridiculous. Those of you who manage to work out daily: what do you do, how do you do it, and how on Earth do you motivate yourselves? Do tell!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
oh i thought of something GOOD i did! haha Last night FI and I went swimming (yup it was 70 degrees at 9pm, it was great! and the pool is heated :) and we were in there for at LEAST at hour. Didn''t do much swimming laps but we definitely horsed around a lot and we were both out of breath when we finally climbed out...better than nothing!! haha

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
MajorGroove,

Welcome. Thanks for sharing your story to date here. We''ll all be here for you. I am new to this thread myself. My story is posted on the first page of this thread. I hope I can keep up the motivation like you. It sounds like you are doing a great job so far!

Emma xx

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!

So far today has been a good day health wise but a bad one emotionally. As I was reading MajorGroove''s and merrymunky''s stories thoroughly, it started making me think about my story. All my life up until 4 years ago, I was a skinny girl by definition. I was a classically trained ballet dancer and at my lowest, I weighed 105 pounds at 5''3. At some point, of course after I stopped dancing, I gained so much weight so quickly that I was pushing 160 pounds. Now, fast forward and I''m now fluctuating between 145 and 148 pounds. And while I''m thankful for the weight I''ve lost, I still feel sad and feel like I need to lose more. I exercise 3 days a week, with cardio and strength training, I''m very aware of my eating portions, and I try to walk at least 2 miles per week. I feel like I''ve hit a rut with my exercising and dieting (sorry eating and lifestyle habit change), and I''m not sure what to do to start the weight loss again.

Now, by no means do I want to go back to being 105 pounds, being 130lbs would be nice. When I first went on a mission to lose the weight, my goal was to have it done by my wedding next September. My concern, however, since I am giving myself so much time to lose the weight, am I moving at too slow of a pace? Should I move my goal date to something sooner so that I don''t have lapses and possible gain back some of the weight I lost in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results