shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 27th Oct till 2nd Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Okay all, how do you get yourself motivated?

Not to whine, but I''ve been trying for over a year to lose weight, and have been playing with the same 10 pounds. Uuuuup....and dooooown, up and down, always the same 10lbs no matter what I do. *sigh* I''d join WW again but worry that I won''t do it because I HATE counting points. But I know it works, since I lost 55lbs when I did it years ago. Can you all give me some suggestions on how to get motivated again?

The husband likes me chubby (for real) which doesn''t help matters at all either. *sigh*

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
It is really hard to motivate myself... some weeks I go to the gym five times and some weeks (like last week), I will go one time and it sucks!

BUT I am in the same boat.. my boyfriend like me kinda chubby too.. ya know all that comes with it.. (chest and butt ha) But I still want to lose the weight for myself and I KNOW I will still definitely have curves because that is how I always am.

Why don''t you try to find a person to work out with/lose weight with? It might help if you make each other go to the gym?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from a 45 min walk
9.gif
The sun
emhot.gif
was out but it was a bit chilly on my walk. Hubby gave me a hug and said boy your ears are cold; I better put on a jack next time. I am debating whether to do muscle hour tomorrow or just lift weights at the gym tomorrow; I might go for the latter since squats and lunges are sort of hard on my knees and the class does a million. Have everyone has a wonderful Monday Night!!
35.gif

MERRYMUNKY, glad you joined us! You can do it; we are here to cheer you on!

KIMI, yay for the gym; you and J are awesome w/your workouts!!

MISCKA, I had a nice weekend, thanks. Glad yours was wonderful! How fun that you were babysitting; yum to cookies. haha Yay for fun parties!

APPLE, hope you find a PT trainer soon!

GECKODANI, lots of us do WW so we can help encourage you; when I buy things I get a sharpy and mark how many points are in it. Do you have the month membership; you can track your points on line and easily calculate them. One day I was sick of the 5 lb yo yo and started weighing, measuring and tracking all I ate. It helps and works but takes work; like Lorelei said a day of prep can help for the whole week. Best wishes and I am ww too! If you don't like tracking points what about doing Core?

DIVA, howdy!!! Yay for more fiber!

DRAGONFLY, hey there sweetie! Yay for a wonderful weekend and your team won! Happy birthday to your dear dad! I love chili! Enjoy your workout!

CHARGER, I saw your cute picture in atw!!! Yay you rock that bootcamp! Yay for more endurance and strength!

LORELEI, burrrrr, I made a tater and leek soup once; it was yummy! I did a puree and chilled it but I think a chunky one that is warm would be super duper!!!

SDL, yay for walking around La Jolla; I love gelato, yum yum!!! Your poor sweet son, hugs back.

ILOVEASSHERS, ah, I hope you sleep better tonight, hugs!

DEEJAY, when do you leave; I bet you are getting excited. When do you come back; take me with you
9.gif

SOMETHINGSHINY, I am sending you a giant HUG; I am so sorry about the house and car. Prayers outgoing!!

ZOE, oh no to the candy. Yum to the melting pot!

ROD, hope you had a great day friend, hugs!

MARCY, hope you had a great day too friend! Love the new ring!

TACORI, hi there friend, how are you? hehe

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
ILoveAsschers - I''ve tried to get some of my friends to go to the gym, with no success, LOL. I''ll have to ask around again!

Skippy- I''ve done core and had good success. The trick is just sticking to it for me.

Okay, Core it is. Ready set go. I''ll WI in the morning and go from there.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
GECKO, you can do it!!!! I don't do core but I try to do close to it while giving me the flexibility of the regular points plan.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 8:15:16 PM
Author: Skippy123
GECKO, you can do it!!!! I don''t do core but I try to do close to it while giving me the flexibility of the regular points plan.
Thanks Skippy. I like to have my WPAs reset on Saturdays, so I''ll give myself 5 a day for the rest of the week and then reset them Saturday. I know with the support of all you lovely people I can do this again! Now I just need to get DH to put the cookies back on top of the cabinet...
20.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I am finding it beneficial to be prepared for each meal too, not only for health but for the wallet.

It is quite pleasant to fill one''s after work time with working out (let''s say 5 to 6) and cooking dinner (6 to 7). Otherwise, I would be spending my time watching tv. I used to feel like I was too tired to do stuff after work. Now I feel gross if I don''t work out. When I get tired around 10 p.m., it''s in a time for bed way, not a no-energy crappy-blood-sugar-cycle kind of way.

Except . . . I baked a big batch of choc. chip cookies this weekend! I have just had a higher appetite than normal recently, and my mom, who wasn''t feeling well, came for a visit, and I wanted to plan things we could do in the house this weekend.. I saved myself a bit of gluttony by sending my mom off with half a dozen, and then DH wanted to have guests for dinner last night, and we ate the four remaining cookies as dessert.

I''ve been having some difficulty with my knee when running recently, which is unusual. Usually it''s my hip if anything. I think this just means I need new shoes. I''ve been wearing Asics Gel Cumulus, but I''ve ordered one step up, the Gel Nimbus. They should arrive tomorrow from Zappos. I went from $85 per pair to $119, but I got a less desirable color and got them for $101. I''ll let you know how they feel. My old pair was 6 months old and that seems to be the wear cycle for my level of running.

MerryMunky, kudos to you for your renewed commitment! I was wondering, is it possible to find a closer gym? I understand how distance can be an impediment. But keeping up the connection with your old work friend could be worth the commute to the gym, right?

Dragonfly, good for you for cleaning out your wardrobe. I think it''s easier to lead a healthy lifestyle if you feel uncluttered in the rest of your life.

Chargergrl, awesome with the 5 pounds! That is a great accomplishment in just three weeks!

Zoe, hope you are feeling better!

Gecko, that''s a tough question, honestly. I think in the terms that if I don''t eat right and work out, I''ll feel bad. Later down the road I''ll gain weight, but what keeps me going is that I don''t want to lose my fitness and feel tired and blah.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My DH does NOT like me chubby!
20.gif
Kinda fell off the wagon the last few days. Took a walk with T today and cleaned my house yesterday (that is a calorie burner right?:)

Lor, I LIVE on protein bars. Haha.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it''s Monday and we''re already on page two?? It''s amazing how large our healthy family has become and it''s exciting too! It was a typically long Monday, but it ended well as Charlie was oof tonight and we met for a great sushi dinner, followed by a cup of decaf at Sbucks. Tomorrow will be a gym night, so it''ll be a late check in tomorrow night.

Dedar Dear Lorelei......you always manage to come up with something new each week that is so perfect as the weekly opener. I couldn''t agree more with you. Planning in advance and keeping on target with your plans is essential, IMHO. For example, one thing I do to make sure I really do go the tym right after work is to pack my gym bag the night before and put it by the front door with my briefcase so there''s no way I could miss putting the bag in my car in the morning.

Welcome Merrymunky! Sounds like you''ve got a great plan going and as long as you stick to your plan you will succeed! Anyway, I hope you find this thread to be a warm, safe place to be. When it comes to losing weight, "slow and steady" wins the race. Too many people make radical, unsustainable changes in their diets and they do lose gobs of weight. But then they return to their old bad habits and put the weight, plus some right back on. It''s yo-yo''ing. You have to make changes that will last a lifetime, not short term ones that will be forgotten.

Good for you having two gym days in a row Kimberly. I had to laugh about John saying he''d had enough fun. I''m known for a few consistent comments at work each day. One is "morning''s are a punishment," (Rod had never ever liked mornings), "it''s time to feed me" (this is what I say before going to lunch) and at the end of every day, as I''m leaving I comment that "I''ve had all the fun I can handle for one day......" LOL

Apple, I know how it feel''s when yyour trainer leaves. Our''s left some time ago and in some ways you feel a bit abandoned. I''m glad your partner will continue working out with you.....

yummm to grilled lobster tails gecko!!!

Yay for walking and muscle hour Skippy!! See planning in advance is really good, right?!!

I''m glad you had a blast this weekend dragon!

I''m proud of you for making to your fourth week of bootcamp Charger!! GO CHARGER GO!!

Michelle, you must be so proud of your son! I''m glad you got to hear his voice. I don''t blame you for hoping his excema might keep him out of Afghanistan.

Hey Asschers, I hope you get some rest soon. It''s not fun to lay in bed awake till the wee hours of the morning.....

DeeJay, I still think getting up early is bad enough, but getting up early to get on the wheel, on a Sunday no less.......Oh NO!! LOL

SS, I hope he issues with the new house are minor and easily resolved........

I''m sorry your stomach hurts Zoe...........I walk past a big bowl of halloween candy at the office every day and haven''t had any and it''s stuff I actually like too.

gecko, the first thing I thought is your hubby likes you on the heavier side, so it has to be extra hard to achieve your goals. The first thing you need to do is get him to understand it''s not what you want and to get him to help support what you do want. If Charlie hadn''t joined my quest for a healthier life at the same time, I know I would have failed. Support is so essential. I hope you don''t mind me making this observation?

Phoenix, I hope the new shoes help. I use basic Asics at the gym, but for running, I wear Asics Gel Kinsei''s.

Tacori, rest assured cleaning the house is a major calorie burner!!

OK.........have a great Tuesday everyone!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! I did not forget our team weigh in.

In the past week (since last Tuesday), Tacori, DJ, SDL, Diva, Skippy, Princess Dijon, Gecko, and Charger altogether lost 11.1 pounds, which helped to bring the Healthy Lifestyle Team Weightloss total to 383.1!!

It''s fun - I have been using Microsoft Excel to keep track of all KINDS of things this past year. Way to go Team HLT!!!!

And now I hang my head down in shame, as I report that I have gained 5 pounds since the wedding one month ago. DH and I were having too much fun cooking for each other - at least we''ve been cooking in more and not getting takeout! But starting with that tofu quiche last week (I swear I will post a recipe soon!!!), and a healthy whole wheat pasta dish last night I think we are on our way back to a healthy lifestyle.

One thing I''d like to do this week is to post on our fridge a list of our frequently used ingredients/frequently consumed foods along with serving size, calories, fat content, carbs. While I have a fairly good idea of the nutritional values in whatever I eat, DH does not. He has been using the food scale so much since the wedding and he loves it. So I''m going to take advantage of this! He has actually been doing more of the cooking, so I''m putting two and two together...

So - gecko had lobster tails? I am SO jealous. Drool.

Can I just say that reading through all of last week''s posts was incredibly motivating. DJ doing her 65min on the hamster wheel daily, Skippy and her walks, muscle hour, bike riding, Rod and his gym routine, the runners on this thread doing miles at a time (someone did 10 miles)!!, arms toning...there''s so much being done in this thread. No wonder it is so popular - you guys are all so inspiring!!

And Lorelei - thanks for posting the crockpot recipes. I am a repeat offender of not eating when I get very busy. I normally do carry an Odwalla almond bar (or some other healthy snack bar) in my purse or at my desk. But when I run out, I just don''t eat. I think it''s a great idea to have a stockpile of healthy snacks at work, and at home, perhaps in the car or your bag just so you are fueling your metabolism regularly.

Ok...food shopping tomorrow. Hopefully I''ll get in a swim too.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Went to the gym, hopped on a treadmill (or as Dee calls it dreadmill) and did 40 minutes, about 1/2 of it jogging/running. It felt great. Then tutored/babysat/whateveryouwanttocallit. Got home at 7, had dinner, ready to crash.

Gecko, my DH doesn''t care about my weight so much as my overall health, so just remember that piece of the puzzle when you''re feeling unmotivated. Also, try some new music, or an alternative form of exercise (if you normally go to the gym, go on a hike instead, for example) and just remember you will thank yourself when you are 40, 50,60, 70...for taking care of your body. I feel better, overall, when I exercise and eat right, so if you do it long enough maybe tthat will kick in.

Dee, when do you leave?

Skip, it''s fun working out with DH at the gym. Glad you had a nice walk. Careful with those knees.

Phoenix, take care of yourself and you knee. Chocolate chip cookies are good for us, every once in a while! I have a banana in the freezer that is waiting to be turned into banana bread...

Have a great evening all.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh My Goodness, you ROCK CROWNJEWEL for calculating everyones weight loss!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Woooo hoooo Team Healthy Lifestyle thread!!!
Yay for CrownJewel
36.gif
36.gif
thank you!!! You will lose those 5 lbs sweetie; you are a gorgeous bride!!

KIMI, yay for your workouts; you and J rock! Yum. . . banana bread!!!
3.gif

TACORI, yes, housecleaning is great exercise, love the new Tessa pic!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I was excited to make it through the weekend without gaining an ounce.Woo hoo!With the holidays coming soon I need to watch those extra treats on the weekend.
Lorelei, great opener.I would say the only time I truly overeat is when I allow myself to get too hungry. Planning ahead with prepared snacks helps keep me from overeating.
Merrymunky, good idea to work on losing 14 pounds at a time.I think planning your meals for a week at a time is a great way to stay focused on your meals.Your town sounds lovely.I think you’ll like Sparkpeople.

Kimi, how wonderful to have your house spotless.Mine is only that way when Marty is out of town and I am bored.
Miscka, it sounds like we were both good food wise this weekend.I bought assorted M&M’s and Milky Ways to hand out on Friday.I will have to test one or two of them before handing them out.
Appletini, that is nice your PT partner is back and I am glad you two will continue to workout even if your trainer doesn’t return.Thank you for the very kind words about my success.
Geckodani, I am just like that too.I should never get really hungry.I get motivated to stay healthy, to be able to do more things, feel better, look better, fit in my clothes and buy new clothes.
Diva, good for you finding that you are constantly thinking about how to make meals healthier.That is the kind of change that will last a lifetime.
Skippy, your grilled leftovers sound yummy.Glad you had a nice walk but it is getting to be jacket season.I of course have been wearing a down vest and a coat being the cold type.My knees hurt just thinking about doing lunges – be careful girl.I did have a great day thanks and I am glad you like my new ring.
Dragonfly, all right for getting rid of clothes – now the fun part is replacing them.My mom is starting to freak out how many clothes I buy.I have to keep reminding her that clothes that fit me last winter are too large this year.
ChargerGirl, that is amazing you lost 5 pounds so far with your bootcamp class.I spend a lot of time on the weekend cleaning up fruits and raw veggies to eat during the week.
SanDiegoLady, I am glad you heard from your son and he is doing okay.My neighbor was in Afghanistan for a year; he got home in May.We spray around our house for bugs and it sure keeps spiders down.
Asschers, rats for having hail.We used to get really bad hail here but since we’ve been in a drought for about 6 years we don’t get the bad thunderstorms anymore.
DeeJay, you are ambitious to get up so early on the weekend to workout.
Somethingshiny, I hope all your house issues get worked out soon.
Zoe, Happy Birthday on Friday!The Melting Pot is wonderful.Some of the broths you can pick aren’t oil based, you get lots of veggies and very lean mean so you’ll be fine.Yes, do enjoy dessert too because it is wonderful.Maybe eat salad and veggies that day to save up for supper.
PhoenixGirl, that is nice you miss working out now.Sorry to hear your knee is bothering you.I hope it gets better soon.Your cc cookies sounds yummy.

Tacori, I am sure you and Tessa had a wonderful walk.Yes, cleaning house burns calories.
Rod, I am glad to hear you had a lovely evening.I am sure getting tired of Mondays – a long day at work then a long night at school then a pile of papers to grade when I get home.
CrownJewel, how fun for you and your husband to enjoy cooking.Marty likes to cook too.We are really dropping the weight off as a group.Thank you for keeping track of it for us.

Sleep well!

Marcy

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!

I would thank all of you individually for the warm welcomes, but DAYUM there are so many of you.

All of you have made me smile with the positive encouragement!

Phoenixgirl...Yeah, you are correct. I can take my gym stuff to work then get the bus down to the gm I used to use to see my old work colleague. We were supposed to do that but I just haven''t found time yet. Hopefully I can start doing that after half term.

Well last night I went to a gig and unfortunately the take away tempted me into buying garlic bread. I hadn''t had any bread yesterday and luckily today is salad day for tea so I am making sure I am very good today!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 9:07:55 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
I am finding it beneficial to be prepared for each meal too, not only for health but for the wallet.

It is quite pleasant to fill one''s after work time with working out (let''s say 5 to 6) and cooking dinner (6 to 7). Otherwise, I would be spending my time watching tv. I used to feel like I was too tired to do stuff after work. Now I feel gross if I don''t work out. When I get tired around 10 p.m., it''s in a time for bed way, not a no-energy crappy-blood-sugar-cycle kind of way.

Gecko, that''s a tough question, honestly. I think in the terms that if I don''t eat right and work out, I''ll feel bad. Later down the road I''ll gain weight, but what keeps me going is that I don''t want to lose my fitness and feel tired and blah.
Wow, you just described me to a T. I think.... I need to find a gym on the way home from work. Otherwise I sit all day at work, and then go home and sit some more.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Tamale Pie Recipe for SDL: This is not what I made the other night, that was a Rachel Ray recipe that used 3 tablespoons of butter which is something I don''t normally cook with. I have made this recipe and DH liked it. This recipe is from about.com, a bit altered.

Filling
2 tsp canola oil
1 medium onion
1 large green pepper
1 pound extra-lean ground beef
1 tbsp chili powder
1 16-ounce can corn
1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 4-ounce can jalapenos

Breading
1 1/2 cups cornmeal
1 tsp salt
1 quart fat-free milk
1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Sauté onion, and pepper in a large skillet over medium heat, crumble beef and cook until no longer pink. Add chili powder, corn, tomatoes, and jalapenos. Simmer for 20 minutes (cook off all off the juice). Transfer to an 11 by 7 baking dish.

Meanwhile, combine cornmeal, salt and milk in a 2 quart saucepan. Heat on medium and until thickened, stirring almost continuously. Spread cornmeal over top of meat and vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until top is golden.

Serves 8

Per Serving: Calories 369, Calories from Fat 75, Total Fat 8.3g (sat 2.9g), Cholesterol 42mg, Sodium 664mg, Carbohydrate 49.5g, Fiber 6.8g, Protein 23.9g

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 10:39:36 PM
Author: Rod
Wow, it's Monday and we're already on page two?? It's amazing how large our healthy family has become and it's exciting too! It was a typically long Monday, but it ended well as Charlie was oof tonight and we met for a great sushi dinner, followed by a cup of decaf at Sbucks. Tomorrow will be a gym night, so it'll be a late check in tomorrow night.

yummm to grilled lobster tails gecko!!!

gecko, the first thing I thought is your hubby likes you on the heavier side, so it has to be extra hard to achieve your goals. The first thing you need to do is get him to understand it's not what you want and to get him to help support what you do want. If Charlie hadn't joined my quest for a healthier life at the same time, I know I would have failed. Support is so essential. I hope you don't mind me making this observation?

OK.........have a great Tuesday everyone!
I don't mind at all Rod, and it's a valid observation. Adam wants to help.... but I think he just doesn't quite know how. *sigh* We'll have to chat again, LOL.

Yay for sushi too!!! I love sushi.
36.gif

Tacori - cleaning is totally a workout.

CrownJewel - I'm an Excel nut too, LOL. Posting things on the fridge is a good idea too! I may have to try that! And the lobster.... was so good, LOL.
11.gif

Kimberly - good point about health in general. And it's a good reminder for me too, as I'm high risk for diabetes.
20.gif

Marcy - yay for making it through the weekend!

SDL - It sounds like something anyone with a loved one would say/feel, not just a Mom.
1.gif
And yay for Ikea!!! We are moving in Feb, and I swear all I want for Christmas is IKEA cards so I can furnish the place with things that did not start life in my dorm room.
19.gif

ETA: I've got an entirely Core day planned out in advance.
9.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Well, yesterday was kind of a bust food-wise. But I am optimistic about today!! I had oatmeal and a small yogurt for breakfast, will have a Lean Cuisine for lunch and something decent for dinner like soup and a sandwich or eggs and toast.. My goal today is NO CANDY!

Also, a tip for anyone that likes oatmeal-I like the Cinnamon flavored ones, but I get too hungry if I only have 1 packet. So I mix a regular packet with a flavored one, and it makes it the perfect sweetness level with less calories!

Has anyone tried the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred? I am thinking about it, it is a video that is supposed to be great.

gecko-that is tough about your hubby. Maybe play the healthy card? Less weight=healthier=a longer life together? Kudos to you for wanting to be healthy even if it would be easier to be "chubby".

Skippy-I bet you and your hubby are so cute together!

Tacori-I totally count house cleaning as calories burned! I hate to do it so I have to feel like there is a reward. Love the new avatar!

Rod-I read in your Whos Who that you lived here in Lexington! How funny. I have been here since I started college, and just kind of stayed. My mom recently moved (back) here as well. You are right, its not the coolest place ever! I hope to only be here another year or so.

Marcy- Hmmm Milky Way
18.gif
...I recently discovered Almond Joys, which has been a total mess! They are so good.

SDL-Yay for a desk! That is very exciting. I recently ordered myself a drawing table/chair so that I can have my own space for art, so I know how you feel. I am hoping it helps me get back into it...as well as keeping the puppy out of my paint!

Zoe-sorry your stomach hurt...I would be in trouble with the whoppers and candy corn, too. I hope if you decide not to do the MP you will find something else fun for your bday! Mine is monday, and my mom is taking me out to sushi. I can''t wait! But she also wants to do the cake/ice cream thing, and I don''t even like cake or ice cream that much anymore. Wonder if I can talk her in to fresh pineapple instead
5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gecks, the way that I get motivated, I usually make deals with myself. For example, that I will just get out there and do 15 minutes if it is working out I am struggling with. Most of the time I end up doing more and have a great workout, the hardest part is actually getting on the equipment, but just do it!

With food, if I am having a bad day, I put it behind me and try to do better the next day. I am a lot less hard on myself than I used to be and it really helps.

As to your 10 pounds, take it a pound at a time and celebrate each one lost. Remember there are lots of things you can do to lose them forever and painlessly, rather than trying to force them off. Try to fit in a little more activity and if you have an idea of how many calories you consume a day, make some changes to try to reduce by 150 cals a day. This adds up to over 1000 cals a week deficit and as you know, once you burn 3500 you lose a pound of fat. So this could work by really looking at your food intake and activity levels so you can lose the weight slowly but permanently.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2008 9:31:57 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
My DH does NOT like me chubby!
20.gif
Kinda fell off the wagon the last few days. Took a walk with T today and cleaned my house yesterday (that is a calorie burner right?:)

Lor, I LIVE on protein bars. Haha.
Which brand do you have T? I need to try some....
34.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 10:46:15 AM
Author: Lorelei
Gecks, the way that I get motivated, I usually make deals with myself. For example, that I will just get out there and do 15 minutes if it is working out I am struggling with. Most of the time I end up doing more and have a great workout, the hardest part is actually getting on the equipment, but just do it!

With food, if I am having a bad day, I put it behind me and try to do better the next day. I am a lot less hard on myself than I used to be and it really helps.

As to your 10 pounds, take it a pound at a time and celebrate each one lost. Remember there are lots of things you can do to lose them forever and painlessly, rather than trying to force them off. Try to fit in a little more activity and if you have an idea of how many calories you consume a day, make some changes to try to reduce by 150 cals a day. This adds up to over 1000 cals a week deficit and as you know, once you burn 3500 you lose a pound of fat. So this could work by really looking at your food intake and activity levels so you can lose the weight slowly but permanently.
Good suggestions, all of them.
1.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids! Did 65 easy mins on the dreadmill this morning. My ipod battery gave up on me about half way through so I was music-less for a long while. That ws not a lot of fun.

Hovering 1.5 lbs below my low weight last summer, so down 24 lbs from where I started this year at the end of June/beginning of July.

Did buy a bathing suit yesterday at Nordstroms. Not entirely sure about the halter top style in terms of what funky tan lines I might get, but I must say it does hold the girls right up there very nicely!
3.gif

So many clients, so little time before I leave (on Thursday). Gotta hop!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone
35.gif

Sorry, I''ve been totally out of the loop for almost a month. I was down for the count with shingles at the beginning of the month and, sadly, used the opportunity to sit on my bum and inhale whatever I wanted
38.gif
At least my appetite was generally poor and I wound up losing two pounds instead of gaining anything. But I still can''t fit into 90% of my wardrobe and need to strenghen my resolve so I''m back! Luckily, my FI is also on a mission to lose a few pounds so we''ve been encouraging each other. We went to the gym together on Sat. and last night. We''ve challenged each other to get to the gym every night for a month straight. I need to start cooking again. Last night, after the gym, we made a simple dinner: whole grain spaghetti with veggie meatballs in a pink sauce (marinara with some low fat ricotta mixed in) and salad. I remembered to keep the pasta serving to a reasonable portion and served it in a bowl smaller than the ones I served the salad in so that the pasta portion wouldn''t look so small. After dinner, we took my FI''s dogs (who are spending two weeks with us) for a 20 minute walk.

Thanks for the great opener and suggestion re the crockpot, Lorelei! I''ve been meaning to get one forever and I think now is the time! Oooh, if you make that taters and leek soup, can I have the recipe?

Welcome, MerryM! Thank you for sharing your story. I hope you find the support and inspiration here to help you reach your goals! As you said, baby steps. I try to remind myself of that every time I fall off the wagon. Stay positive and try not to be hard on yourself. You can do it!

Kim, Mmmmm, your tamale pie sounds tasty!

Hi Miscka! Glad you had a great weekend. Sometimes there are days when it''s a bust food-wise but you have a good attitude going forward! I haven''t tried Jillian Michael''s 30 day shred. I''m not much of a dvd person for workouts but I''d love to hear what you think if you try it.

Apple, yay for continuing to work out with your PT partner, even though your trainer has moved on. It''s great to have a work out buddy.

Geckodani, I so hear you about the 10 pounds up, 10 pounds down. That''s the game I''ve been playing for the last eight years. EIGHT years. Sad, I know. But even sadder, I''m more than 10 pounds up right now, I''m about 15. Whenever I hit the wall, I become motivated again but the wall seems farther and farther away lately. As for motivation tips, I need some myself right now, but in the past, what''s worked is consistency. Making a commitment to get myself to the gym no matter what, even though on most days, I''d rather stick a hot fork in my eye. Generally, I use body over mind. I ignore all the excuses my brain''s concocting and make myself put my shoes on and get in the car. When I get to the gym, it''s not that bad. It''s getting there in the first place that''s problematic. I find that when I work out consistently, my diet also improves. I''m less inclined to eat a bag of fries when I just spent 35 minutes on the elliptical to burn off 350 calories. I second ILA''s suggestion to see if you can find a workout buddy. If not, and you have it in your budget, get a personal trainer. There are some out there who will train you with someone else or in a small group so it''s easier on the pocket book. My PT kept me honest and got me into the gym. I think it''s also good to talk to your DH about your goals and ask him to help support you by, among other things, keeping the tasty but bad stuff out of the house. I have a weakness for chips. The last time my FI brought a bag home, I inhaled half of it in one sitting. I asked him to stop doing that and he has, even though I know he loves tortilla chips with salsa.

Diva, I haven''t seen you before but I''ve been out of the loop. If you''re new, welcome! If not, welcome back!
1.gif
Yay for cooking more. I need to do that myself. I also try to get in my share of fiber throughout the day. I have a high fiber cereal in the morning... gosh, I can''t remember what it''s called but it''s pretty tasty. It''s organic, has flax and is high in fiber. It''s sold at Trader Joe''s as well as regular supermarkets. During the day and in the evening, I try to remember to eat my veggies and make carbo choices that are fiber rich.

Hi Skippy! I''ve missed you! You were out for awhile and then I was out for awhile. I''m hoping to keep up with everyone. Yay for your walks, you''re so consistent. Your hubby sounds like a sweetheart!

Dragonfly, LOL, your description of your weekend sounds so fun! Wow, can''t believe you cut your wardrobe in half. I need to do some purging but can''t bring myself to do it yet.

ChargerGrrl, Yay for bootcamp and five pound lost! That''s awesome!!! I wish I could do a bootcamp but there isn''t one in my area that''s held at a convenient time for me.

Hi SDL! Love your new avatar! I''m so used to your other one, it''s a nice surprise to see what you look like! Awww, I''m glad you had a chance to chat with your son and to hear that he''s at least enjoying his experience. Yuck, I hate spiders. I wanna smash them but my FI loves to just take them outside.

Hi ILA, goodness your avatar is too quick for me! LOL! It''s pretty cool
1.gif
Wow, hailing in MI. It''s in the 90''s in So.Cal. The hottest October in awhile. Your enchilada casserole sounds heavenly. Hope you''ll get comfy and get some sleep soon!

Hi Dee*Jay, you are my workout hero! 6am on the ellipical on a Sunday, WOW!

Hi SS, glad to hear you guys are moved into your new place. Sorry about the "ssues with it but I hope they''ll resolve soon.

Hi Zoe, oh, sorry about the stomach troubles. Evil Halloween candy! You''re working out so a little indulgence at the Melting Pot for your birthday is well-deserved.

Phoenix, I don''t think I''ve seen you before, Hi! I agree that prepping your meals is good for you, as well as on your wallet. Mmm, chocolate chip cookies. I''m not much of a dessert fan but I heart chocolate chip cookies. Hope your new shoes makes things easier on your knees!

Hi Tacori! Cleaning the house counts as a workout!
1.gif

Hi Rod! I''ve been out of the loop and missed keeping up with you. You''re so consistent, I need to follow your example.

CrownJewel, hi! That''s awesome that you''re keeping track of the team''s weighloss. I hope to be in the minus column soon! I saw your wedding pictures in the other thread, they were so beautiful. Don''t hang your head in shame for the five pounds. You can always get back on the wagon. Your last several dinners sounds like you and your DH are headed in the right direction.

Hi Marcy! I''ve also missed keeping up with you! I saw your the pic you posted in the Who''s Who thread of your weight loss progress. That was so awesome! Yay for getting through the weekend without gaining an ounce!

Wow, this thread has grown! I''ve been gone for three weeks and suddenly I feel like the newbie! LOL! Hope everyone''s doing well!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Goodness I had some catching up to do!!! Well last night SO and I had to go to his mom''s as my pig has become an escape artist and SO had to fix her pen. OY so I did homework and studied there. Dinner was some chicken nuggets. Today I got up early at 6 and worked out for 35 mins before I was exhausted. I have a Cathe workout I taped that is super hard, and I did that one so it''s hard for me to do the whole thing at once still. Tonight I plan to jog on the TM some. I have to go get a halloween costume as well.

Gecko - Here''s how I motivate myself.... A) I think of the stupid heffer that is my SO''s ex and who I always feel I need to look better than, just to prove it to myself not even to anyone else B) I cut pictures of women who''s bodies or lifestyles inspire me, and keep them around to look at. C) I remind myself that I''ll only reach my goal if I actually get up every day and work towards it
I hope that helps!! It''s kept me trucking

Skippy - hello dear!! Your walk sounds like it was fun, but PLEASE Don''t catch cold
7.gif
Do they not offer an alternative (such as marching in place) if you can''t do the lunges and squats? I hope you have fun regardless!!

Phoenix - My appetite has been up to, as has SO''s mother''s. I''m almost wondering if it isn''t our bodies'' natural instinct to store fat in colder months?

SDL - I would think the bougainvilla should be fine! How is everything else?

Miscka - how about a challenge. I''ll join you, but let''s do No candy for a month!!! No candy until December!! You in??

DeeJay - gj keeping up with your workouts

Panda - I''m glad to hear you are feeling better! What a great gym goal! I need to try whole grain pastas. And as to the wardrobe, I started with what didn''t fit perfectly, then I did anything I couldn''t make at least 2 outfits out of......

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Ha panda- I was wondering when someone was going to comment on that! I was so proud I made it myself on my photoshop, but the button that you hit to change the time of the animation won''t let me click on it!!! So, clearly I need some help with that one.

I''m sitting here eating my greek yogurt along with kiwis, an apple, and some crackers with brie. Good lunch anyone? I think it''s yummy!

Happy Tuesday.. I am going to the gym tonight at 5:30.. That''s when I get off work *where I am right now* and I used to think I would be way to tired to go but it ends up I spend MORE time at the gym when I go around 5:30 because I don''t have anything to do afterwards as opposed to when I go at 3 and I have class at 5.

Good job on the weight loss anyone. Hopefully soon I will be able to contribute, but for now I have stayed the same for EVER!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
ACK, Dragonfly, not sure about that!!!! I did have a bag of REALLY GOOD candy on my doorstep at lunch from a neighbor and I resisted! That was a big victory for me. What about if we start next week? My birthday is Monday
12.gif
11.gif
but I will totally start after that if you are down!

ILA your lunch sounds fabulous!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I have just been given the best GIFT!

My fiance's mum has given me her Weight Watcher's points calculator. An essential tool for counting my points. So now there is no excuse. As long as I have the nutrition info available on food packages I can work out the points value of everything I eat!

HELL YEAH!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Panda, I hope you feel better! Sure you can have the recipe, I will have to dig it out!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Miscka - I''m all for it!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Rod, skippy (isn''t her new clip cute?), Marcy, geck, Miscka (I totally hate cleaning too! BTW Monday is a SPECIAL day and SPECIAL people have that b-day. Haha) Panda for the support! I was sweating b/c I hate it so much I try to do it FAST! I usually hand scrub our living room since that is where the baby plays. That is hard work!

Phoenix, I have tennis shoe issues too. Mine hurt my feet. I should get a new pair.

SDL, hope you have fun in SC! I am sure you will be a proud mama.

Lor, I love Promax bars. My favorite is the brownie one and I eat one everyday. DH likes the peanut chocolate one. Cookies and Cream is good too.

Dee*Jay, sounds like you are doing GREAT! You should be very proud of yourself. Glad you found a cute suit.

I am up .2 lbs which is not bad seeing on how much I indulged in the past few days. I am just taking things one day at a time. One lb at a time like wise Lor advises!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results