shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 27th Oct till 2nd Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Halloween!!! I can't wait to see my nephew dressed up as a little monkey. haha Hubby and I will pass out candy. I bought candy I don't like this Halloween so hopefully we get rid of all these almond joys and lollypops. hehe I probably will make spinach lasagna for dinner! Tomorrow my sister and I go to Weight watchers and then hubby and I spend the day in Santa Fe, yay!!!
Be safe everyone and have a great evening!
35.gif
I can't believe NOVEMBER is around the corner!

Oh gosh, DeeJay!!! I hope you get on the plane soon!! I was stuck at an airport for 24 hrs once for technical difficulties; I pray it gets cleared up soon!!!!!

SDL, hope you slept well.

ROD, hope you slept well too! Did you have sushi tonight?

MARCY, I hope you aren't sick, feel better sugar!

MERRYMUNKY (MM) yay for being within points!

GECKO, yay for couting pts!

PW, sending good thoughts to you and your kitty!

Steph, hi there friend!!! What did Andrew dress up as???

TACORI yay for your mom being there!!! I bet Tessa looks cute today
2.gif
You will do great, a few piece of candy isn't bad, you are right!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/31/2008 8:52:44 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Happy Halloween everyone! My mom is on town so we have been eating out a lot
11.gif
But sometimes you need to stop worrying and just enjoy life (temporarily before you rein yourself back in of course!). Sorry I don't have time to address everyone individually. Hope you all have healthy and happy days. Don't stress if you have a piece of candy
2.gif
Absolutely! Life is for living and a bit of indulgence is essential now and then! It is all part of this healthier lifestyle and it balances out - what matters are the choices you make over the next few weeks, months and years - not that you enjoyed some extras with family over a few days! This is the best approach, then just get back on track when you are ready.

Enjoy some candy today folks!
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is all SO South American. I''m now on the 1:35 (and we''ll see if THAT actually happens... ). They are however handing out free drinks and sandwiches. It''s like a party. Did I mention this is SO South American?!?

I gave in and had a small bag of pizza flavored combos. Those sandwiches are looking pretty good however. What kind of meat do you suppose they use on free sandwiches in Peru?
23.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 11:34:53 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
This is all SO South American. I'm now on the 1:35 (and we'll see if THAT actually happens... ). They are however handing out free drinks and sandwiches. It's like a party. Did I mention this is SO South American?!?

I gave in and had a small bag of pizza flavored combos. Those sandwiches are looking pretty good however. What kind of meat do you suppose they use on free sandwiches in Peru?
23.gif
LOL, that is what I was wondering
2.gif
I think I watch too much travel channel. hehe Yay for drinks, then it doesn't matter. lol cheers!
emcocktl.gif
I hope you take off soon, D!!! (literally)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Good morning ladies and gents!!! Well lets see. Last night I went and visited SO''s mom for a few while he was out fishing with my dad. I helped her feed animals, which gave me a chance to spend time with my pig, and get to know the new hens a bit better. SO''s younger sister carved a jack o lantern from a pumpkin we took her, and it has TWO faces. She did it all on her own, while mom was at work (she''s 13 so pretty capable), and it looked fabulous. I''ll have to post pictures later. Afterwards I met SO and we went to CVS where I did some GREAT freebie deals. I didn''t get much exercise in though unfortunately, but tonight I''ll get in lots of walking (taking SO''s sister and friend trick or treating) and Dancing (late night Halloween Party). So It''s all good.

DeeJay - That''s no fun with the airport. We had some technical issues with my London to US flight. No one fed us though
7.gif

Merry - glad you had fun at the gig!
Tacori - I''m so glad you are enjoying yourself -
Smurfy - Oh NO!! HUGS I''m sorry dear!
Ilove- When does BIggest Loser come on? I''ve missed this season but I LOVE that show!!
Rod - what does your typical workout consist of?
Skippy - TAKE PICTURES
Lorelei - I''m quoting that last post

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Skippy. I bet you can''t wait to see your nephew all dressed up. Andrew is going to be a pirate. He already wore it once to a costume party, but he told me he thinks he looks silly in it, so I hope I can get him back in it later! Here is a pic of him in it:

andrewcostume.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 12:06:57 PM
Author: steph72276
Hey, Skippy. I bet you can't wait to see your nephew all dressed up. Andrew is going to be a pirate. He already wore it once to a costume party, but he told me he thinks he looks silly in it, so I hope I can get him back in it later! Here is a pic of him in it:
Ah, Steph, he looks awesome!!! What a cutie pie!!! He is getting so big; he is adorable!
36.gif
36.gif
Happy Birthday to Andrew!!! Did you make his costume or buy it if you don't mind me asking? That is the cutest!
Dragonfly, I look forward to your pictures too of SO's sister!!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwwwwwwww Steph, your son is so adorable. I bet he is so excited about trick or treating tonight!!!

Linda

Hi everyone
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 12:11:09 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 10/31/2008 12:06:57 PM

Author: steph72276

Hey, Skippy. I bet you can''t wait to see your nephew all dressed up. Andrew is going to be a pirate. He already wore it once to a costume party, but he told me he thinks he looks silly in it, so I hope I can get him back in it later! Here is a pic of him in it:
Ah, Steph, he looks awesome!!! What a cutie pie!!! He is getting so big; he is adorable!
36.gif
36.gif
Happy Birthday to Andrew!!! Did you make his costume or buy it if you don''t mind me asking? That is the cutest!

Dragonfly, I look forward to your pictures too of SO''s sister!!!!

Thanks Skippy! Yeah, he is getting really big! I bought the costume...I can bake, but I can''t sew at all! Have a great time in Santa Fe with your hubby!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 12:22:09 PM
Author: Linda W
Awwwwwwwww Steph, your son is so adorable. I bet he is so excited about trick or treating tonight!!!

Linda

Thanks Miss Linda! Hope your grandsons have a blast tonight as well!

Hi everyone
35.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
SO''s sister is going to be a bumble bee!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
WOW- this thread has taken off in the last couple of days!

I haven''t been able to check in since Tuesday, but i''ve still been plugging along with daily bootcamp sessions and keeping my eating in check.

Today was our final day of bootcamp, and it was a doozie. You may recall that we go hiking on Fridays- acutally, it''s part hiking and then intervals going up the trail. We were timed on our 1st Friday (10/10) and again today. Anyway... it was drizzling this morning when i headed out the door, and remainded steady during the drive to the canyon. Not to mention that it''s now pitch-black when we meet at 6:15a. So there I am, cold and wet in the dark thinking "Why am I doing this?". But we were all troopers, hiking up to our stretching spot and where we begin the intervals. The group is totally motivating each other to keep on trucking- they''re truly a fabulous group of gals! We do a warm up interval, and then the timed one- all while a light rain is falling. After our session, we did the body fat test with calipers, and we''ll get the results of that and our timed intervals (hopefully today!) I''ll be sure to share that info when i get it.

I weighed myself afterwards and can report that I lost 6.5 pounds during my 4 weeks at bootcamp! I do admit that i wish it was a bit more, but overall i''m thrilled with the result.
36.gif

Sorry i''m not responding to everyone... i''ll be back soon to do that.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all!

Steph... Love the picture. Too, too adorable!

So far, I''m just sitting at work waiting for the day to end and the weekend to begin...

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
TGI
1237372v4er6kso38.gif
and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
1620862a04f4hqekd.gif

Last night, we had sushi at my favorite local joint for dinner and then went to a halloween shop so my FI could figure out what his costume would be. I was SO sleepy by 8pm and wanted to just go to bed. But FI reminded me of our month-long challenge so I summoned some energy and we took the dogs for a brisk 3 mile walk and slowly jogged during the last half mile. I'm glad we went, it was nice to be out in the cool night air. Tonight, we'll go to the gym right after work, make dinner and watch a movie. We're hoping to get some trick or treaters and then walk the dogs around the neighborhood to check out the decorations. Some of the houses in our neighborhood really went all out!

PW, I'm glad to hear that your kitty will be okay! Hope her operation goes smoothly today.

Smurfy, sorry about your job!
14.gif
*HUGS*

Hi Rod! You're always such a trooper at the gym, no matter how long your day was. Enjoy your sushi dinner tonight!

Hi Marcy! YAY for getting some chores done around the house! Looking forward to seeing your new pretties when they're ready next week.

Dee*Jay, hope your trip gets off the ground soon!

MerryMunky, glad you enjoyed the gig!

Go, Geckodani, Go!
1.gif

Hi Tacori! Happy Halloween! Are you dressing up your little cutie?

Skippy, Mmmm, spinach lasagna! Aw, bet your nephew will look darling! My SIL emailed me pics of my two nephews. The little one is Thomas the Train and the older one is Obi Wan Kenobi! LOL!!!

Dragonfly, have fun trick or treating and dancing tonight!

Steph, aw, Andrew looks SO cute!!! I love seeing the little ones dressed up! Have fun taking him out tonight!

ChargerGrrl, YAY for your daily bootcamp sessions, keeping your eating in check AND having lost 6.5 pounds so far!!!
36.gif

ETA: Hi Diva! We were posting at the same time!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Awww! Steph he looks great!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 2:36:57 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Good morning! (again, huh? lol)

Well, I slept as long as I could.. *sigh*

I am furious about this stupid cyst near my mouth/chin. I dont know why its there or how to get rid of it, but it sure is ''lovely''.. trying to use heat to see if it helps.. I think it tried to be acne but decided, oh wait hey, let''s do something even more annoying and form a small lump instead!
39.gif

ANYWAY......... hubby is home again this morning but I have running about to do.. he wasn''t happy with me this morning when I got home and started my normal 0330 routine after work.. play with the dog, wash my face.. relax.. have a cup of tea... check mail. He called down, why aren''t you in bed yet!!? lol Geeez, I''m 42 years old.. I think I can put myself to bed.

I need to do my exercize tape and get ready to roll... hugs!
LOL! I''m like your hubby when it comes to bedtime. I''m always calling FI to bed and he''s always telling me that he''ll be there when he''s ready.

Sorry about the cyst
14.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Halloween kids!

I FINALLY got to Cusco (only six hours late... ) and spent what was left of the day walking around the town. It is just charming here, and all the kids are walking around in their costumes tonight.

Foodwise I decided I had to have a real meal so I went to a nice (in a relative sense) restaurant on the outskirts of the town square. I met a really nice lady from New Zealand who is also traveling along and we joined each other for dinner. Unfortunately she got a stomach bug somewhere along the way so she just had soup, but I went for what translated as ¨Seafood Peruvian Style.¨ I really had no idea what I was getting, and the waiter spoke pretty much no English, but it turned out to be delish! Fresh lake trout stuffed with various vegetables and potatoes with a wonderful cheese sauce. YUM!

Tomorrow morning I have a 4:00 wake up call for Machu Picchu. Ug.

Hello to everyone. Will try to check in tomorrow, hopefully with a nice hike under my belt!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Dee*Jay - I''m glad you finally got there. Better late than never!

Well I had a session on Wii Fit tonight and I got a shock. Even though my scales said my weight hasn''t changed over the last few months, the wii fit body test said different. My BMI is higher than ever, and apparently I am 7lbs heavier than last time I played in July.

GUTTED.

Guess I should take that as my wake up call. I panic...am I too late to lose weight?

I oftwn wonder if I have left it too long. What if I have damaged myself beyond repair?
8.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Halloween!Yes, I succumbed to yummy candy.It was quite tasty but I am done.I had about 40 trick or treaters.Marty is sleeping already so I shut off the lights and shut the door.
DeeJay, glad you made it there okay.Have fun.
SanDiegoLady, yes it is one pound at a time but sometimes that is hard.Sorry about the cyst.Hugs to you my friend.

Merrymunky, glad you didn’t get smashed last night.
Geckodani, good luck counting points.I think I just had 6 points of Halloween candy.Thank goodness for fun size.
Tacori, yes you do need to just enjoy life sometimes.
Skippy, you are smarter than I am buying candy you DON’T like.I am sure your nephew was adorable tonight.Sorry I didn’t add an icon after my cough – cough.I was just pretending to be sick so I could stay home today.I am fine.
Lorelei, thanks for the permission to enjoy some candy.I just did.
Dragonfly, sounds like you had fun with your SO’s mom, family and animals.
Steph, Andrew is an adorable pirate.

ChargerGirl, this thread is really taking off.It is great to see.Congratulations for losing 6.5 pounds during 4 weeks of boot camp.
Hi Diva.
Panda, good for you taking the dogs for a walk in spite of being sleepy.I am looking forward to my ring getting finished too.Dan Stair has about a dozen new spinels on his site but I am pretty content with mine.
Have a great weekend.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
My little nephew came over to trick or treat. hehe He looked so excited; he wasn't too fond of the costume but he liked all the attention.
Happy Halloween all!

Glad you made it in safely DeeJay!!

CHRGRGRL, yay for the weight loss; that is awesome!!!

Hi MM, SDL, Panda! Marcy, glad you aren't sick
Panda, yay for the workout w/the dogs!

IMGskips4893.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Skippy, he is tooooooooooooooo cute. Look at his adorable little face!!!!

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 10:23:21 PM
Author: Linda W
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Skippy, he is tooooooooooooooo cute. Look at his adorable little face!!!!

Linda
Thank you Linda; I am pretty partial to him myself. hehe
9.gif
I can''t wait to see pics of your grandboys!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy your nephew is adorable and SO happy!

Hi Linda.
35.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 10:28:54 PM
Author: marcyc

Hi Linda.
35.gif

Hi Marcy
35.gif
We hardly had any trick or treaters here. It is raining though, probably why.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 10:28:54 PM

Hi Linda.
35.gif
Thank you Marcy!!! I am excited because i get to baby sit him on Monday! Look out park, here we come. hehe
No more trick or treaters. Wow, Marty went to bed early. hehe

Linda, poo, I am sorry it is raining! I hope we get more trick or treaters I need to get rid of this candy. eeek!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda, we actually had nice weather for a change here.

Skippy, you will have a blast on Monday. Marty is awake now. He says he was just taking a nap. I have Monday off work. I am excited for a 3 day weekend.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 10:39:28 PM
Linda, we actually had nice weather for a change here.

Skippy, you will have a blast on Monday. Marty is awake now. He says he was just taking a nap. I have Monday off work. I am excited for a 3 day weekend.
Oh that is great! Yay for 3 day weekends. You are on mountain time; I was thinking wow, 8:30 is early. hehe But, there have been times I have gone to bed at 8 because I am sleepy! hehe

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........It was a typically long day at work, but it was a decent one. I was the last person to leave the office this evening and I went directly from work to favorite sushi place #1. Our waitress was waiting for us in a costume she's had from Japan. We had a nice time. We just stopped off at Sbucks afterwards for a cup of coffee. I'm so looking forward to sleeping late tomorow morning. Charlie's working during the day. I am hoping to vote tomorrow, but I've heard the early voting places have been understaffed and the lines are long. I just don't have the time to wait in a long line on election day. So hopefully I'll be able to vote tomorrow. I'm also hoping to get in a workout in the afternoon.

A donut and a brownie Marcy?? As long as you don't do that too often, I'm sure you haven't hurt yourself. Our receptionist brought in homemade cupcakes this morning for Halloween. I so wanted one, but managed to avoid them the whole day. I did have some popcorn this afternoon, but I just used htat as my afternoon meal and didn't have any almonds/raisins like I usually do every afternoon.

DeeJay, reading your posts from Peru have been fun!! Please keep up with us and I hope you just broke down and ate one of the sandwiches. It's an adventure, right??!! LOL

I'm glad the gig was good merry!

Tacori, sometimes you just have to let you guard down and enjoy yourself!

Hey gecko... Lot's of people have done really well counting points. I didn't do it to lose my weight, but if it works for you.......that's great!

I agree Skippy, it's hard to believe tomorrow is November 1 isn't it. I hope you and hubby have a great time in Santa Fe. I wish we could meet you there......LOL

Hey dragon.......My workouts are broken into 3 parts. The first is all core strength training. Then I move into weights (machines and free weights) and I alternate upper body and legs and include pushups, and unassisted dips and chinups in the mix as well. The finaly phase is my cardio workout, which is 30 pretty intense minutes on the elliptical, where I try to maintain a speed of about 10 MPH. Thanks for asking!

Steph, Andrew is such a cutie!!

Hey Linda!

YAY for completing bootcamp Charger!! And YAYAYAYAY for losing 6.5 pounds in the process!

I hope you have a great weekend Diva!

Happy Firday to you panda and I'm gald you enjoyed sushi last night!!

Cysts take a long time to disappear Michelle. If it bothers you, you might want to have your doctor remove it. Take care OK.....

Marcy, I miss having trick or treaters. We live in a very secure highrise and kids can't just stop off on our floor........besides we don't have any really young children in our building to begin with.

Your nephew is too adorable Skippy!!

OK....enough for one night. Have a great weekend everyone!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Skippy - WHAT A DOLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just spent 30 minutes trying on tops to see what I want to wear tomorrow.I told Marty I have nothing to wear.
11.gif
He didn’t respond.I told him I want something to wear that makes me look skinny.He said I didn’t have to worry about it.
1.gif
What a nice thing to say.I finally settled on brown dockers, an olive green v-neck t-shirt and a cream colored cardigan with fall leaves on it.Now if that is what I end up wearing tomorrow is another thing.
Skippy, if I am in bed that early I am SICK.I am not well known for naps or going to bed on time.Marty will probably be up late now that he took a nap.I think I’ll go to bed soon since I have a busy morning getting things ready for the party.Have fun in Santa Fe.
Rod, that is great you can vote on Saturday.Our early voting office is only open M-F.We are going down early Monday.Woo hoo for getting to sleep in tomorrow.Yes, I did eat some sweets now 2 days in a row.I think I am nervous about the party tomorrow.I am thinking of so many last minute things I should have done.I forgot to invite a cousin who is pretty close to my mom. I never mentioned suggested attire for the party on the invitation.Oh well, I am sure my mom will love to see everyone. You were strong to avoid the cupcakes at work.We had quite a few cute little kids dressed up tonight.I always like to hand out candy.I will take the rest of the candy to work on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results