shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 12th May till 18th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2008 2:39:24 PM
Author: Lorelei
Monnie, my crossables are still firmly crossed for you, I bet you rocked that interview!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Me too me too me too!!!
9.gif
31.gif
36.gif

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock

Monarch, thanks for the warm welcome, and congrats on a great interview! Best of luck in landing the position.
36.gif

bee*, thanks for asking about the race. It’s June 28. I’m really pushing it to be ready in time, but I find a deadline like this can motivate me to keep on keepin’ on.

1.gif

Steph, I love Target! I’ll have to look for the Luna mini bars next time I’m there. I found the Target-brand protein bars to be pretty good, too, but they’re more like meal bars.

Somethingshiny, I’ll have to check out Shimmy on FitTV. I really did enjoy the belly dancing class. The instructor was about 75 years-old and FAB. Really fun experience.

Skippy, way to go on 10 pounds!!

36.gif
That’s awesome. Am I remembering correctly that you’re doing WW? Beautiful rose, too.

Rod, chicken meatloaf sounds great! Do you just sub the beef with chicken? Is the recipe in that healthy recipes thread?

Lorelei, I’m envying your pantsy weather. It’s hotter than Hades here. (Well, relatively speaking; we actually had snow last week so I need time to acclimate!)

Mara, great ab tips. I don’t think I’ve done a sit-up in, oh, a year.

6.gif
Seriously. This is good motivation.

I missed my run yesterday, but logged 4.4 miles today. Really nervous about being able to do the 10K next month, but will keep moving forward. Cardiovascularly (is that a word?), I’m fine, but I know if I push too hard, I’ll get injured. Soooo…trying to balance an accelerated training schedule with caution. We’ll seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Also hoping adding miles will make a difference with the scale. It hasn’t budged in a month.

20.gif

Happy Friday everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a busy day; I went to try and get allergy shots but I forgot they were closed, doh!
20.gif
I called hubby up and met him for lunch at the costco food court and bought some fresh cherry's, spinach and a few other goodies at Costco. Then I ran to the regular grocery store and then came home. I check PS and found a generous surprise from PS!!! This evening hubby and I went for a nice walk and after the rains our skies are crystal clear and so sharp looking!!! Thanks for the weight loss congrats! You guys are so encouraging thank you. I hear for every 1lb a person loses that means 4 ls of pressure off the knees; whoo hooo! TGIF and yay for the weekend; have a wonderful weekend all
35.gif

KATHLEENMV- wowzers, good for you on logging 4.4. lbs; that is awesome and you will do great at the 10k! Hang in there, have you tried eating more protein?

APPLE - whoo hoo for the walk/jog, good for you.

DF411 - yay for core yoga and walking. How is your granny? Yum dinner sounds good; enjoy your weekend!

MARCY - enjoy your meeting tonight; enjoy your shopping
1.gif

BEE - yay for getting ready to party!!! hehe Enjoy 2 aerobics classes tomorrow. I am sorry about your friends granddad.

LORELEI - pooo on the pants weather.
15.gif

MONNIE - keep us posted and yay!

DIXIE - hi there, you don't have to keep up just come and post; it is nice to see you. Good for you being healthy!

LINDA, yikes to it being so warm; thanks for the kudos. Any fun plans with the grandkiddos?

DEEJAY - hi there eekk the the assoc thing. I don't make ground chicken burgers only very lean beef ones. I can only do chicken sausage. hehe

ROD- hope you had a wonderful sushi evening at your no. 1 place. Thanks for the kudos friend!!! Thanks for the sweet words, blush blush; you are a sweetie!!

SS- how was yoga? Thanks for the sweet thread, hugs!

STEPH - yum your meal sounds yummy and awesome it is low cal and yummy!!!
3.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just a fly-by....zooom....
1.gif

No yoga today, I was sleeping a lot! I just kinda feel under the weather, nothing in particular is wrong-just not right. I had a big baked potato with sour cream and cheese for supper and not much else all day.

Skippy~ You''re so welcome!! Can''t wait to see what you get!

Have a great weekend all!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another quick checkin (honest, no long winded post tonight).

Nothing much to report. We had a great Sushi, FroYo and coffee under the oak evening. Then we came home and decided to walk a few miles along the bay. By the time we got home, we had become a bit sticky, so we went and soaked in the spa before watching MoonLight on CBS. It''s such a good show (if you like vampire stories - which we do) and we were saddened to see that CBS isn''t renewing the show for the next season.

kathleen, you can just substitute chicken for beef in a meatloaf. I posted the recipe here several weeks ago, but not on the healthy recipes thread. If you''ve got a good beef meatloaf recipe, ground chicken will work great.

Congrats Skippy on the PS Surprise!

And like I said, this would be short. Sleep well everyone. See you tomorrow!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
ROD, had to tell you....they are opening up a tart frozen yogurt shop right near me! I am soooo excited. It is opening next month in the Waterford Lakes shopping center! It is this cool little boutique called Sweet! that will feature tart frozen yogurt as well as gourmet cupcakes! Woohoo, I knew the trend would reach us eventually. Anyway, just had to share
1.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2008 10:33:43 AM
Author: steph72276
ROD, had to tell you....they are opening up a tart frozen yogurt shop right near me! I am soooo excited. It is opening next month in the Waterford Lakes shopping center! It is this cool little boutique called Sweet! that will feature tart frozen yogurt as well as gourmet cupcakes! Woohoo, I knew the trend would reach us eventually. Anyway, just had to share
1.gif
Woo Hoo Steph!! I''m sure you''ll all become as addicted to Tart FroYo as we are!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning everyone.......

Of course we had our cars washed yesterday, so it''s raining this morning. We haven''t had a drop of rain in weeks though, so we surely need every little drop of rain we can get. It wasn''t windy or anything, so we were able to still have breakfast on the terrace. We''ll be heading out in a while for lunch and coffee under the oak, followed by a good long workout at the gym. There''s a pizza place near us we''ve heard such good things about, so we might go there for dinner!

Hey Shortblonde....... If I recall correctly, you had written earlier that you were experiencing extra heartburn since you increased your fiber intake? We have a supplement in our paper every Saturday for healthier lifestyles and one article caught my eye about fiber. The article said that if someone has acid reflux disease, fiber definitely increased heartburn. They suggested reducing fiber intake in that case. That''s a difficult thing to do since you''re working out and need extra fiber in your diet to help. But, I thought it was interesting and had to write you.

Have a great day everyone!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2008 11:40:45 AM
Author: Rod
Morning everyone.......

Of course we had our cars washed yesterday, so it''s raining this morning. We haven''t had a drop of rain in weeks though, so we surely need every little drop of rain we can get. It wasn''t windy or anything, so we were able to still have breakfast on the terrace. We''ll be heading out in a while for lunch and coffee under the oak, followed by a good long workout at the gym. There''s a pizza place near us we''ve heard such good things about, so we might go there for dinner!

Hey Shortblonde....... If I recall correctly, you had written earlier that you were experiencing extra heartburn since you increased your fiber intake? We have a supplement in our paper every Saturday for healthier lifestyles and one article caught my eye about fiber. The article said that if someone has acid reflux disease, fiber definitely increased heartburn. They suggested reducing fiber intake in that case. That''s a difficult thing to do since you''re working out and need extra fiber in your diet to help. But, I thought it was interesting and had to write you.

Have a great day everyone!!
Sorry SB, I realized it was Somethingshiny who had inquired about fiber..........

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Saturday everyone! I''m free
36.gif
36.gif
No more exams until September. Last night we all went out for cocktails-I had forgotten what a light weight I am and I only had three over the whole 7 hours we were out, and this morning I was
14.gif
I went to my friend''s grandad''s funeral this morning and stayed with him and his family for a while this morning. I have been in bed the rest of the day then feeling miserable with a head ache and a horrible feeling in my tummy. I hate cocktails
3.gif
Just heading out to a friend''s birthday now so am definitely driving to that one!

Marcy-I had those few drinks for you
3.gif
Think I had one too many though! I hope that your astronomy meeting went well.Enjoy the wedding and shopping tomorrow-buy yourself lots of treats.

dragonfly- thank you! And enjoy the fair today!

Kathleen-that''s brilliant about your race! I know you''ll be able to do it! Have you ever looked at the website http://www.coolrunning.com/? I found it really helpful when I was looking for tips.

Hi Skippy-sounds like you had a busy day yesterday! Congrats on your PS gift-you well deserve it!

Something-hope you feel better!

Rod-enjoy your work out in the gym! Typical you get rain after washing the car.

Talk to everyone tomorrow!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
No excerise for me today...I had wanted to get out but its kind of rainy and overcast today. DH and I are celebrating our anniversary tonight (real one is on Monday) are going out for fancy dinner. While I was trying on sold of my old dresses I was excited to see that they still fit!

Bee, Congratulations! I recommend investing in some alk-seltzer its a miracle for the morning after.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Rod~ thanks for the heartburn info. Interesting. I have an endoscopy on Monday and I guess then I''ll know exactly what''s going on with reflux/ulcers/etc, then I can redefine my intake if necessary.

hi, all!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday all! Today is probably the most perfect day Chicago has ever seen... and I spent most of it in the emergency room. Starting yesterday afternoon I was having a dull pain in my lower right abdoman. Through the course of the night it became excruciating. I manged to fall asleep for a few hours and this morning it wasn''t AS bad, but it was bad. So, finally, the HH made me go to the ER. And the diagnosis is: They Have No Idea. After running every sort of test known to man they have confired that all my organs seem totally fine, there is no weird fluid in that area, and everything else looks good too. When I checked out they gave me a prescription for an antibiotic and I said, if you don''t know what I''ve got what exactly is it that you''re treating me with medication for? They had no good answer to that question...

So, long story short, my planned workout for today didn''t happen. Oh, and just for good measure I had McDonalds for lunch. (Whatever is causing me pain is certainly not affecting my stomach.)

That''s it. I''m going to so lie on the couch and hope tomorrow is better. I have two clients to take out and an inspection so short of being dead I will get out of bed in the morning and go at it.

Ug.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Today is my first post to the weekly workout thread. My DH and our two sons spent 50 minutes in the great out of doors pedaling all over the neighborhood. We love to bike together, and wow was it a workout. Hopefully tomorrow after church and before the dinner at the in laws we can get in another one even longer.

shay

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 7:45:56 PM
Author: Shay37
Today is my first post to the weekly workout thread. My DH and our two sons spent 50 minutes in the great out of doors pedaling all over the neighborhood. We love to bike together, and wow was it a workout. Hopefully tomorrow after church and before the dinner at the in laws we can get in another one even longer.

shay
Yay Shay, glad you posted, whoo hooo for the bike ride!!! Glad it was wonderful and the whole family got in on the fun!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All! I had a weird day today; I actually needed a 2 1/2 hour nap and it rained while I was sleeping (I didn''t know it rained till hubby told me). Hubby and I have a nice teakwood patio set that he sanded and I helped put teak oil on; it looks brand new again and then my big ole nap. We came back from eating at my favorite thin crust pizza place and I picked up a book on Chicago; I am so excited to go very soon. hehe Tomorrow hubby and I might ride our bikes over to the haircut place and then I have shopping plans with my sister. Have a wonderful Saturday all
35.gif
In a little while my cousin and I will be going for an evening walk together
1.gif

Somethingshiny, how are you feeling? I hope you aren''t getting sick! Glad the doc is checking your health out, keep us posted.

Rod, sushi and froyo sound yummy; I saw part of that moonlight show and thought oh yeah that is Rod''s show. hehe Thanks for the congrats.

Steph yay for froyo!

Bee, thank you; you are such a sweetie and I loved the kiss from Miss Amber. hehe
3.gif
YAY FOR NO MORE EXAMS, I remember that feeling, YAY! Sorry about your friends grandad; hope you feel better soon!!!

Apple, enjoy your anni dinner and Happy Anniversary! How many years?

DeeJay, I am so sorry how crazy and scary that they don''t know what is going on?!?!?! I am sorry; I hope you feel better and it doesn''t happen again!

Shay, yay and welcome!!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, 2 years! I took DH for his first mani/pedi today and he loved it! I love taking naps..I think they are such a luxury.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 8:17:33 PM
Author: appletini
Skippy, 2 years! I took DH for his first mani/pedi today and he loved it! I love taking naps..I think they are such a luxury.
Ah, that is wonderful!!! Happy 2 year Anniversary
36.gif
How fun for DH and you!!! hehe thanks!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Still feeling kinda crummy. Still nothing actually WRONG with me, so I think it''s nerves for this stupid endoscopy. I''m going to starve tomorrow, all clear liquids all day. Actually it''s not so much the hunger that bothers me, but the fact that I get so dizzy and then nauseated when I need food.

On another note, of a question variety, any one have a good/lo-cal/inexpensive fruit smoothie recipe?? Haven''t checked the recipe thread, but I wanted to ask here because we have so many newcomers. I usually have frozen fruit on hand and I don''t want any cream/milk in it to keep the fat minimal. In the summer I often skip lunch, so I thought a smoothie might be a good supplement.

Skippy~ (Skip to ma lou my darlin''...) Anywho, I didn''t know you were coming to Chicago. What for (if it''s not too nosy...) Your weekend sounds great to me!!

Dee*Jay~ The pain you''re describing is very similar to the pain I get with endometriosis, and is virtually undetectable with any ER procedures. Hope it feels better soon, whatever it is.

Apple~ Happy Anniversary! DH for a mani/pedi, huh? How''d you talk him into going?

Shay~ Welcome!! I''ve been thinking about biking myself. The only problem is my bum gets so sore I feel like I need a big tractor seat on the bike!

Have a great tomorrow!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys. Well, we had a good day today. I got up and had breakfast then headed to the gym for a nice treddie workout. When I got finished, I went to get my hair cut and highlighted so I feel much better now. I ate really healthy all day until dinner....I had a huge Mexican craving, so we headed up to a place by the mall. Then afterwards, we went into Best Buy and the next thing I knew Adam had talked me into getting a new LCD tv. I was trying to hold him off until Christmas, but that didn''t work
2.gif
. Oh and he talked me into getting it installed on the wall, so we''ll see how that looks. Anyway, he is way happy, so that is good. If it were me, we would have the same tv for 20 years, but I''m not into all that, just like he isn''t into diamonds, so that''s okay. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Kathy, wow 4 miles...that is great. I really want to sign up for a 5k sometime soon.

Skippy, woohoo on your gift. Can''t wait to see what you choose!!

Hi, Somethingshiny!

Rod, yea for rain even though you just washed your car. It kept looking like it was going to rain here, but never did...we really need it
8.gif
Hope you guys enjoyed your pizza.

Bee, woohoo on exams being over...sorry you felt poorly, but glad you celebrated!

Apple, Happy Anniversary!

DeeJay, sorry for not feeling well and not getting any answers in the ER, that is so frustrating. Hope you feel better soon and go get checked out again if the pain doesn''t go away soon.

Hi, Shay! Good for you for a bike ride with the family. I can''t wait until my little one is old enough to do that. How old are your two sons?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone.

We had lunch at our favorite little deli, then coffee under the oak followed by an 'uber' long workout. Charlie was feeling so much better today and he wanted to make up for missing Thursday, so we worked out pretty hard. I did a bit too many weighted lunges and can really feel some soreness in my legs. Otherwise, the workout was very good. We did go to the pizza place that is closer to our condo and it was really really good. I can't say the atmosphere was terrific, but I can surely see why there was a line waiting for a table. We had fresh spinach, mushroom and peperoni. It was such a treat. No dessert though, as we felt we had enough calories and carbs with the pizza. Of course we had coffee at Sbucks, only not our usual one as there's a Sbucks walking distance from the pizza place, so we just went there instead. It's a much quieter Sbucks than our usual one but it was nice.

Yay for being done bee*!! You so deserved to let your hair down and have a few cocktails last night!! I'm not much of a drinker either. One beer and I'm ready for a nap........LOL

Happy Anniversary Apple and Mr. Apple!

I'll be thinking about you Monday SS and hope the endiscopic goes well. You probably won't remember it. I had one about two years ago and don't recall anything from it and there was no pain or soreness afterward either.

DeeJay, I'm so sorry you had such bad pain, but I'm glad Bill made you go to the ER. I'm also glad they couldn't find anything wrong with you. But, you did manage to make the experience funny, including the meal and McD's!! I hope you got some good rest and are feeling better now.

Welcome Shay! I'm glad you enjoyed the ride today and hope you enjoy one tomorrow too!

I hope you enjoyed your nap Skippy! Sometimes, there's just nothing as nice as a nice long nap. Woo Hoo for pizza too! Have fun tomorrow!!

Steph, congratulate Adam on the new TV. I'm into electronics big time too (I once made my living selling higher end electronics). You sound like Charlie. I think he would be happy with an old fashioned tube TV - LOL

That does it for me. Sleep well everyone......

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
Our astronomy meeting went well last night. This morning I met my dad and his buddies for coffee break, went downtown to look for an obnoxious card for the wedding we attended tonight, went grocery shopping, came home and started lunch and house cleaning. This was my first Saturday of cooking an oven lunch and waiting for Marty to get done playing golf. It didn’t go well. I bought some London broil, sliced it and browned it in a skillet, put some BBQ sauce on it and put it in the oven to bake. Marty got home, wanted to make some garlic mashed potatoes so I decided to run errands and the ribs ended up cooking over 3 hours. Let’s say we had BBQ jerky. Rats.
The wedding was quite unique tonight. The bride wore red and the groom had on a tux and a top hat. They are a great couple but definitely a bit on the unconventional side. They gave everyone a little picnic basket that had the red checkered cloth napkins, 2 sets of silverware, sparklers and a little bottle of bubbles. You picked up your basket, went along the buffet table and packed your picnic lunch. It was cute. The cake was cupcakes (Mara would be excited) that they stacked up on tiers to look like a cake. I had a few little glasses of champagne and a cupcake but scraped off most of the frosting. I will post a picture of Marty and I by the lake so you can see what he looks like.
Dragonfly, I hate to be bored. I hope the weather was nicer today. Good luck on the abs practice.
Lorelei, I hope you had nice weather today. It was very nice here except it was a bit windy.
Appletini, yay for doing your walk / jog today. I hope your dinner was nice; have a Happy Anniversary on Monday.
Rod, glad to hear you had a pleasant day. We were in the 70’s so we cranked on the AC for the first time this year. I didn’t even know you could get ground chicken. Woo hoo for having pizza.
Kathleen, yay for running over 4 miles today. Good luck on working up to 10K.
Skippy, what a very pleasant surprise for you from Pricescope. That is interesting to know about less pressure on your knees. No wonder my knees feel better. We’ll be going shopping tomorrow. I only got bathrooms cleaned today so tomorrow I need to get the living room and kitchen cleaned while Marty is playing golf. Sorry you needed a nap today. Maybe it’s because your missed your allergy shot.
Somthingshiny, I hope you feel better tomorrow.
Steph, that will be nice to have a great yogurt place nearby. Yay for a new hairdo. I am trying to grow out my bangs and some days I am very close to getting them cut off again. I am wearing headbands and barrettes all the time now trying to be patient.
Bee, yippee for being free! Sorry my drinks made you feel bad. I had a bit of champagne tonight and loved every drop of it. I hope to find some good buys tomorrow and will not come home without my size 8 jeans.
DeeJay, I am sorry to hear about your mysterious pain. I guess it is a good everything seems to be working okay but how strange they would give your pills for no reason. I hope you are doing better.
Shay, welcome to the HLT. I am glad you had a great bike ride with your family today.
I hope everyone sleeps well tonight.
Marcy

mmlake2.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of the moon when the sun was going down.

moontrees.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quick pop in. . . Marcy you look awesome; you are tiny!!!!! Cute pic of Marty and you!!!! Love both pictures!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Skippy. I noticed in my reflection tonight in doors that I was pretty darn small. It still amazes me to no end. I couldn''t resist taking a picture of the moon shining brightly in the dark blue sky. I am glad you liked the pictures.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!!!! Marcy you look FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

You look really beautiful, I am so proud of you!!!!!

Pants weather continues, and it is cold also. Blast!!!
emcrook.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Lorelei. It was so fun for me last night since I wore real sandals instead of running shoes and was still able to walk around and stand unstead of setting at the table while everyone else was up and wandering around. Life is GOOD.
36.gif
Sorry to hear your weather is still pants. Our forecast calls for temps in the 70''s for the next few days. Woo hoo!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi Guys,

This week has been busier than usual (I didn''t think that was possible).

Monnie, I''m so glad the interview went well. Happy birthday!

DeeJay, take care of yourself!

SS, I hope you''re feeling better.

Steph, stay out of the nasty air. Last year my lungs hurt for weeks after the fires here, and I didn''t come home until they''d almost all been put out. We still have ash in our house.

Marcy, you look amazing! So super tiny.

I spent yesterday lesson planning and working on school. I need to finish up today, and then we''re going to the Sicilian Festival (if John''s foot is feeling okay), out to dinner and to a play this evening.

Have a good one, all!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning.......Just had to pop in say how INCREDIBLE the AMAZING SHRINKING WOMAN and her HH look!! You look fantastic Marcy!!!!

We''ll be heading out for lunch, coffee under the oak and a nice gym workout afterwards. Dinner will be at home tonight, but we don''t know what we''ll be fixing yet.

Have a great day everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Off to get a haircut and go shopping w/my sister! Tonight a short walk and maybe a bike ride. Have a great day all
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

eta: SS, just going out for fun, we have some friends in St. Louis we will be visiting too but we will fly there 1st then fly to Chicago and fly home again. I am excited to see it; I have not been, just to the airport during a lay over. Do you live there?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results