shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 12th May till 18th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Not much in the way of workouts for this week, it has been too hot in the gym and I was feeling a bit dizzy! It has cooled off today so hopefully later I will get some cardio in.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning!

Another beautiful and breezy day in Sunny Florida. We''ll be doing our regular thing today. Lunch at home, coffee under the oak, then a nice long workout. Nothing unusual for sure.

Monnie, you sound so confident about this opportunity and I can''t wait to hear how things go for you today. I''m betting they''ll go great!

bee* since I don''t really have many options at this point, if I am invited to interview I will likely take the opportunity. I wouldn''t look forward to the drive but maybe the job would be good enough to make the drive tolerable. I guess time will tell........

Kathleen, WOO HOO for 4 miles on the treadmill. Good for you!!!!

Steph, I''m sorry the smoke is near you today. Last year when the wild fires were closer to Tampa, there were a few days we could smell the smoke and it''s not very pleasant. Probably a good idea to stay indoors.

See you all later........

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning, It is rainy, dark and cool today. We are in desperate need of rain so it is welcome; the news last night said the moisture is helping with the fires we have going in our state so hopefully they are put out soon.
12.gif

Tonight is yoga; I am looking forward to it.
1.gif
Yesterday I went for a 20 walk in the evening and I kept thinking the sky wanted to rain more. I decided it was going for a walk and hubby said he would wash his car to bring on the rain. hehe It started to pour as I was 2 houses away from my house on the way back; it was fun. hehe
3.gif
Thank you for your kind words everyone; I appreciate them!!!

ROD, yay for a sunny and breezy day in Florida. Enjoy your workout; yes, I am very positive you lift more weights then me or you must do a million reps if you are doing same amount or less weights than me. hehe

LADYPIRATE, yay for a biking advnture on Friday!!! Good for walking the dogs; dogs love their walks. hehe

STEPH, yikes to the fires; ours are kind of far but still scary. I hope they put yours out soon and you get rain like us. praying for rain for you. Glad your family is safe. How cute Andrew is dreaming about swimming; I can't wait to go watch my nephew swim. He is so much fun to watch in gymnastics. hehee
41.gif

MONNIE, best wishes today; knock em dead, I know you will. hehe
9.gif
I hope you don't have any funerals for a long time, thank you.

MARCY, I meant to comment about your funeral and got sidetracked on the posts, so sorry. That was nice of you to go to the funeral and be there for their family. With my MIL passing last year it made me and hubby realize it meant so much for family and friends to show up so I am sure the family appreciated you and your hubby being there. You have a good heart Marcy!!

KATHLEEN, it is good to see you over here!!! Welcome and glad you are here! Thank you for your kind words. 4 mi's whooo hooo, girl!!!

DJ, great job on the elliptical; you rock. I can only do 10 mins on it; I always freel ackward on it so I am naughty and don't try harder. hehe

BEE, yay for a nice walk w/Miss Amber our fluffy beautiful PS doggie everyone loves. hehe
1.gif
Yay you are almost done; keep up the good work!

LORELEI, yay for it cooling off!!!

Adios for now, have a great day all
35.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone! Well last night was relatively uneventful. I taught a riding lesson, then went to dinner with dad. Had a salad with grilled shrimp. Went home and did 100 jumping jacks. This morning I was a bit less bloated which was nice. My body is holding water right now
7.gif
. I got up and did 200 crunches and tried the every three mins trick with cardio, doing jump rope between crunch sets. Then We did our usual 30 min brisk walk, me carrying the 3lb weights. When I got back I did 20 squats and 100 jumping jacks. Then I was done lol. Had egg with light swiss and grapefruit juice for breakfast followed by some tea before I took my shower. Tonight I plan to do at least 200 jumping jacks and get on the treadmill.

Steph - I''m thinking the midsection is probably a combination of the last to come off, and not enough cardio. Fortunately I found a jogging partner to start jogging with three times a week as well yay!!!!
Lady Pirate - I''ve been working out since Late January... so understandably not long enough to fix everything.
Rod - good luck with the job part. I wouldn''t relocate unless you think you''ll love the job and the new place
Marcy - boo to funerals, but yay to good meals!!
Kathleen - THANKS for the link!!!! I''m going to read it over!!!! And yay for 4 miles! That''s a lot!
Monarch - I do ball moves about 2 lbs a week, but am concerned with the abs thing overall, not just a particular spot. The bloating is unrelated to that lol, but still discouraging and uncomfortable.
Skippy - I love yoga, have fun!!! Yay to rain when needed as well! We need it terribly in FL so send it our way to put out the fires.

On the note of the fires here, my cousins are in Melbourne, so keep them in your thoughts. I haven''t heard anything about evacuation in that area yet, and my cousin keeps up with me daily, so I think they''re fine for now, but what a terrible thing to deal with.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys...I did venture out to Target this morning to pick up a few things. (Actually a few things turned into $100 haha, I can never get out of there for less than that!). Anyway, I wanted to share my healthy snack find. I found a pack of 18 mini Luna bars in 3 different flavors. They are only 80 cals each, 2 grams of fat, low glycemic, and have folic acid. I really like protein bars, but never want to eat them because they usually have just about as many cals as a meal, but this is the perfect size for a pre or post workout snack. Anyway, thought I would pass it along!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hi, all. Thank you so much for the prayers and good thoughts. They still don''t know what to expect. And, now they''ve figured out that his son got the gun for him. The dad didn''t have a FOID card and asked the son to get him a gun, and the son did. I think he''s going to have a ton of guilt. It pi$$es me off that the dad didn''t even take into consideration (in his selfish attempt) that his son would bare guilt for YEARS and possibly NEVER get over it if the attempt had succeeded.

On to a better subject. The belly dancing I try to do is on FitTV. It''s a program called Shimmy. It''s quite fun! In each program you get to learn a few moves and then at the end, you combine all the moves to do a short dance. DH seems to enjoy it, too! He thinks I should get one of those "coin" belly chains. (yeah, right)

I went to a Homemade Gourmet party last night. And, I thought for some of you who don''t have much time to cook, you may want to look into it. It''s kind of expensive for some of the things, but it might be worth it to have a healthy and quick meal at home. I ordered a sun-dried tomato pasta salad for $6.75. All you have to do is add your vinegar and oil. Most of the stuff was pretty tasty! They have a superb jalapeno dip (which I ate with pretzels) and a great pecan muffin mix.

Sorry, I only skimmed the posts. Hope all is going well for all of you!

Skippy~ HAVE FUN at YOGA!!

LP~ Good luck with biking to work tomorrow.

Monnie~ More dust for you for your garage sale!

Rod~ I look forward to your "long winded" posts! I love to "hear" about your day. It''s so perfect!

Kathy~ 4 miles on the treddy is great! And, I can guarantee you''re a faster runner than I am. As I''ve stated before, the only time I run is if someone is chasing me. Then, only if I don''t think I can take him! And, I''m only running far enough to find a place to hide because I''m no good on endurance!!

Have a great tomorrow!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Hello! I had my PT today and it was a great workout. I am also now able to run at a higher speed on the TM for my warmup. I had my trainer weigh me, do the bodyfat with calipers, and take measurements. My lbs went up a few, and the rest of my results were mixed. Calves and chest increased in inches with more muscle, I lost 2 inches on each thigh, but the bodyfat went up on the thighs, and I had a significant decrease in my bellyfat!!! She also said the best time for measure everything is two weeks after your period, so I am going to do everything again next Thursday to see if that really makes a diff.

Steph, Target is so dangerous, you are not the only one who cannot spend less than $100 there, plus I''ve discovere their workout clothes section...which I really like.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone
35.gif

Monnie: I am sending you tons of fairy dust on your job interview. I just have a feeling you will get that position.

Rod: Sending fairy dust your way too.

It is so HOT here today, we are miserable. I can''t take the heat. I am staying indoors all day today. It is supposed to be a little over 100 I think.

Marcy: Please send me some of your cold weather
9.gif

Steph: I hope the smoke doesn''t get any closer to you. When it gets close to us, it really burns our eyes and flares our asthma up (Andrew and I)

Hi Skippy
35.gif
Hi LP, SS and everyone else. I will be back later.

Linda

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes i got my hand mixer!!! greg got a coffee maker. last year diamonds, this year appliances. gotta shake it up yanno. hehee. i used it the other night and i am so used to my stand mixer which is SO easy to use, aka just dump stuff in and walk away, this thing is a little more complicated but better for smaller batches of frosting. i will probably still use stand for batters and similar, but use the hand for frostings. except for buttercream, gotta use the stand for that!!!

dragonfly...and any others re: the belly pooch. here's what trainers have told me. first off you have to do cardio to get most of the way there, aka you could have a six pack under a roll of fat, and lots more ab work will not make the roll go away, just give you muscles under it (which can make your stomach look even more poofy since muscle can swell!).

so if you are on a weight loss plan, then continue with that and do more cardio to help burn the fat off. then when you get close to your goal, start doing the ab and core work like pilates or ab classes or similar.

for the first time in many years i have a really nice stomach, finally!!! i have a few pack showing but not a six pack, i have NEVER had a six pack...so i am just hoping to get like a few more pack going on hehee. i am getting it through a ton of pilates AND ab work on my own (crazy ab work, til it almost hurts your muscles)...and also keeping in shape in general, i don't have weight to lose, it's more like i'm just continuing to tone. so anyway don't get discouraged that doing more ab work isn't working right now, you may need to do more first to get that later. if that makes sense.

also this is crazy but my trainer told me when i started doing more ab work that you REALLY need to be sure you are pulling your abs IN AND DOWN towards your tailbone whenever you do ab work. the reason is if you do not and you just do situps or whatever without pulling your abs in consciously, you can actually puff out your belly even more...by building up the mucles the OPPOSITE way, aka OUTWARDS...rather than INWARDS. as soon as i heard that, oooh you better bet i changed my habit, now i pull it in so hard...hehehe. so maybe that made a diff too. so pull it in when you work out the belly, don't just think by going through the motions of the situp that you are working that particular spot the right way. also as we all know, diff ab exercises work diff areas of the ab. you have to hit top, bottom, left and right for you to get that look you really want.

its SUPER HOT HERE, like it is for linda, about 100 degrees today. no walk for us...though we did 2 walks yesterday in 90 degree heat. me and greg might do one tonite after it cools down. should be hot like this thru sat....zumba tonite will be crazy hot i am sure...whew!!

have a great day all and thanks for the sweet congrats on our anniversary!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I weighed in today and lost 1/2 lb but I won't be bummed because I lost a total of 10 lbs. I still have 20 more to go. I feel lots better though, I feel great to be able to post and that we have this thread where we can talk about these things
35.gif

I had to run to the library so I went to this library where they Rose society grows all kinds of roses.
emrose.gif
I stopped and looked at them all; they are so beautiful. I called my sister up since I am a rose kick (I go on these kicks and they last awhile hehe), so she said I have her loving roses too and more aware of them around. hehe Attached is a picture of my new roses since it is so gloomy here I thought I would show these pretties off; they are sitting on my kitchen window sill.

Mara, we do those kind of things, I laugh because last year we got an automatic hose reel but our yard is huge so it is such so it make it so easy now but we totally laugh about our present and it feels like the best present too! Glad you are enjoying your mixer!!! Hey, I am so glad DF posted about her belly pooch because I have one too and it was on my mind how to get that sucker in; good info
35.gif

DF411, Ahh, that is wonderful you teach riding!! I love horses they are so beautiful! Wow, you do more cruches then I ever can do!!! Good for you!

Steph, I love Target, one of my favorite stores. hehe Thanks for the tip!

SS, I am so sorry about your friend; my heart goes out to you, hugs. Yay for belly dancing. hehe Thanks, I am looking forward to yoga!!

Apple, yay for pt!!! Whoo for the the inches lost!

Hey dear Linda!

Eta: Ops, sorry the pic is so big
23.gif

IMGSkipsroses2626.JPG

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Just got finished with a yummy dinner. While I was at Costco, I stocked up on packages of ground turkey since I use that with cooking rather than ground beef most of the time. So I was browsing recipes on cooking light and found one for a mini turkey meatloaf that are little individual meatloafs made in a muffin tin. They were soooo good and only 140 cals each! That was my first attempt at making meatloaf and Adam said it should go in the rotation. Andrew gave it a "5 thumbs up" so I guess he really liked it to
2.gif
. Anyway, did really well with food today....had an egg on whole wheat toast this morning, morning snack was lf cottage cheese with a bit of jam, lunch was my chicken balsamic salad with feta again, afternoon snack was a mini luna bar. I did an intense 30 mins of joggin on the treadmill too, so pretty good day health wise. Everyone have a great night!

SS, I'm going to have to try the bellydancing thing. Do you know what time it comes on as in morning or evening?

Apple, I love Target's workout clothes...that's where I get most of mine

Linda, I know, my eyes were burning this morning....it seemed to get better this afternoon though. Hope you're doing well! Are your grandsons finsished with school? I bet they can't wait to hang out with you this summer!

Mara, thanks for the ab tips. My lower abs are my only real problem spot left....I'm trying to up the cardio to see if that helps.

Skippy, congrats on 10 lbs!!! Woohoo, that's a big accomplishment!!! The rose is beautiful....it doesn't even look real it is such a wonderful color...I see some new flower pics with your jewelry in the future for you
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
steph lower abs...use the big inflatable ball and do leg exercises with it like lifting the ball up to your midsection by holding it with your legs, then catching it with your arms in a crunch and then repeating back down. those KILLED my lower abs but it worked.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all! Just did 65 mins on the treadmill. Have to bolt off to a townhouse association meeting (can you say $20K+ special assessment for new roofs and decks -- I bet this will be the only townhouse meeting I ever go to where there are more people in attendance that just me and the board members... ) but wanted to ask what you would do to spice up my latest favorite (albeit bland) meal of either swordfish or salmon and mixed Asian vegetables. I.e., how to add flavor? I got the brilliant idea yesterday to just put some soy sauce in with the veggies when I was cooking them but that wasn''t too fabulous... When I go out things taste so good and when I try to do it at home they are so bad!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Steph~ Most days, Shimmy comes on right after Namaste Yoga, which means 12pm CST and then usually again in the evening hours around 9pm and like 11pm depending on which night.

PS. night time belly dancing = wonderful late night adventures...
2.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone!

I had a nice afternoon. Charlie didn't sleep well last night so he wasn't feeling too well this afternoon. We did go out for coffee under the oak together and that was nice. But I went to the gym and he came home and went to sleep. I kind of just lost track of time at the gym and became the "energizer bunny" and just kept going and going and going. I'm completely sore tonight, so I'm thinking I did some good. I increased my reps on just about everything and really increased the number of pushups, chinups and dips from my regular routine. I try to work out harder on Thursday anyway since Friday is a day of rest. When I came home, Charlie was feeling better and he had made one of our weekly staples, chicken meatloaf with steamed carrots and broccoli. It was so yummy and after such a long workout, I was absolutely starving! We wound up not going anywhere tonight and just went down and had a nice long soak in the hottub. Then we watched the season finale of The Office and I popped some popcorn for a snack. We don't really have any plans for the day tomorrow, other than Sushi and FroYo tomorrow evening, with of course at least one cup of coffee under the oak.......LOL

I'm sorry its rainy and dark in Albuquerque Skippy. I hope you enjoyed yoga tonight. Your rose is absolutely beautiful. A beautiful flower from a beautiful person! Oh and WOO HOO and WAY TO GO for losing 10 pounds!!

Sounds like you had a good workout dragon. Thanks for the advice on the job thing. I truly would not relocate to this small town, no matter how good the job. I'd commute if I wanted the job enough, but would not move there.

Thanks SS. I start out with the intention of not writing such a long book, but then like my workouts, I keep going and going and going.........LOL

I'm sorry it's so hot out there Linda. You stay cool and thanks for the fairy dust!

Mara, our trainer had us work hard on keeping our abs in and down as well. You had a good trainer. Sorry it's so hot out there too.

Hey Steph, we had meatloaf tonight too, only we use ground chicken as opposed to ground turkey. We tried using ground turkey several times, but found it to be less moist than ground chicken. You might want to experiment with chicken to see if you have a preference.

Hey DeeJay. WOO HOO for 65 minutes on the elliptical. My condolences for having to endure an association meeting. I find them just awful myself. We fix salmon a lot and here's one way we prepare it we really like. We bake the salmon with lemon juice and butter (yes real butter) with seasoned lemon pepper, garlic and dill. While the salmon is baking, we saute some fresh garlic, spinach and fresh mushrooms in EVOO (extra virgin olive oil). Spinach cooks down quickly, so we start with the mushrooms then add the spinach. Then when the fish is finished baking, we top it with the spinach/mushroom saute and we think it's really tasty.

In case we're posting at the same time again tonight, HEY MARCY!!

Sleep well everyone......

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Mara, thanks for the ab work suggestions. I used to have an inflatable ball, but don't know what I did with it. I will have to go out and buy one this weekend!

SS, thanks for the times on Shimmy and I'm sure hubby would enjoy seeing my new moves
2.gif

Rod, lol...we had some popcorn while watching the Office too! I will have to try the meatloaf with chicken next time, I like using ground chicken in things too.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Question about the ground chicken -- do you use all ground chicken (or turkey) or mix it in with beef? I have tried making turkey bugers and they were SO hard and dry that the Chicago Blackhawks has asked me for some next season to us as hokey pucks...

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha ha ha ha DeeJay. I have had the same problem.

It is supposed to be 104+ here tomorrow UGH!!!, I will be staying in again. The pool is still too cold to go for a swim yet.

Rod, I am glad to hear that Charlie is feeling better and that he made a delicious dinner.

Skippy sweetie pie: YAY for loosing 10 pounds. You look so thin in your pictures.

Have a great evening all.

Linda

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2008 12:01:41 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Question about the ground chicken -- do you use all ground chicken (or turkey) or mix it in with beef? I have tried making turkey bugers and they were SO hard and dry that the Chicago Blackhawks has asked me for some next season to us as hokey pucks...
That was the issue we had with ground turkey DeeJay, so we use all ground chicken. It''s much moister, IMHO. And no mixing it with beef either.

Yay to popcorn while watching the office Steph!

Rod has left the room.......

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope you had a great day. I am so glad to know tomorrow is my last day of work for the week. It’s been a long and busy week both at work and home. I walked 30 minutes on the treadmill tonight.
Tonight was kind of a rerun of last night for me. We went to the golf course right after work to sign Marty up for a tournament this Sunday. One of his buddies was there and bought us a drink. They give you HUGE drinks pretty cheap there so I had a glass of wine. We sat there and chatted for about an hour then went to a Mexican restaurant for supper. I had some chips and salsa and 2 crispy tacos. Nothing too bad but a bit more than I normally eat for supper.
Monnie, I will be very anxious to hear about how your interview went today. Thanks for the support about me eating a few extra things last night and having a glass of wine. I know I can do that occasionally and I did still used restraint so I am not going to beat myself up over it. I appreciate you saying you are proud of me.
Steph, sorry to hear the smoke is bad there today. Hopefully the winds will shift and the fires will get under control and tomorrow will be much better. Glad you had such a nice and healthy day.
Bee, woo hoo for being finished with your exams. I hope you are out having a blast right now. All right for having the summer off from school and getting to work for a vet over your break.
Lorelei, I hope you are feeling better by now. Sorry to hear you were dizzy.
Rod, I agree with you on never say never but me and fish – that’s not going to happen. My dad has pretty bad fish allergies and since I have most of his allergies I have always avoided fish. I hope that place does call you for an interview. I am glad you had such an intense workout today.
Skippy, yay for rain to help put out the fires. I sure hate to hear they have started already this year. I know it’s nice to have people show they care so I wanted that lady to know I was thinking of her. Thank you so much for saying a have a good heart. I always try to help anyone whenever I can. Woo hoo for loosing 10 pounds. Congratulations!
36.gif
Your roses are lovely and the picture is just the right size.
Dragonfly, I hope your cousins are okay and they get those fires out soon. That''s great you had such a wide variety of workouts today.
Somethingshiny, I was hoping your friend’s dad would be better today. I really hope he pulls through. That will be rough on the entire family if he doesn’t. Your belly dancing sounds fun.
Appletini, yay for a great workout today.
Linda, I wish I could send you some of my cold weather. I am very chilly right now. I wore my sweats to walk on the treddie tonight and warmed up but now that I’m in my pj’s I’m chilly again. I hope the temps drop for you tomorrow.
Mara, woo hoo for a nice stomach. Stay cool in those warm temperatures.
DeeJay, yay for a great workout this morning. LOL at “hockey pucks”.
Well, I must go paint my nails and get to bed.
TTFN!
35.gif

Marcy

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,
It''s been a long time for me but I happened upon the new section so I began reading a bit. Lorelei, I know that I was someone who mentioned joining the BWW thread vs this one but that was just b/c I thought that one might not have as many posts. Um, I was wrong and haven''t been back there either.. I am a slacker, yes, I know! I just can''t keep up! When I see pages and pages, I shy away immediately b/c I know I won''t be able to read it all or personally respond to others. I also hate just coming in and only posting about myself vs commenting on everyone else''s comments and accomplishments. However, I felt bad that you thought that this thread wasn''t useful. It has been VERY useful to me and still is, I just really don''t spend enough time on the computer to read everything.

But I did read page 1 of this thread
1.gif
and wanted to say, Congrats Marcy on the size 8!!! That is fantastic.

As for me, my brief update is that I''m still working out and trying to eat healthy. I''ve upped my time in cardio lately b/c I felt I wasn''t losing anymore. Not sure what''s going on w/me but I''m not letting up! I actually gained some lbs. back during the holidays and have yet to manage to lose them. I lost a few and then just gained back when I took a trip. Blah! But back on track, yet again and ready to get those lbs back off and then still lose a few more. I decided to hire a trainer for a few sessions to see if someone can kick-start me off to dropping a few lbs.

Sorry in advance if it''s awhile before I stop by again. It''s absolutely nothing personal and Lorelei, this thread really is wonderful!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another quick post just to let those of you who are interested know that my interview went very well today. She even brought up salary towards the end, so I think that is a good sign. She said she will be contacting me again next week. When I went in today, the two salespeople were super nice to me (I had to wait a few minutes for the regional director to finish her conference call), I think that is a really good sign as well, it seemed to me like they had heard all about me and wanted to converse with me so they could also see what I was like. I guess now it is just a waiting game! Thank you everyone for the well wishes, encouragement, and support. You all are like a virtual family to me and I really have appreciated all of your kind words over the past few months, as always.
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Dix! Thanks and no worries, I find it hard to keep up too, but please do pop in and say hi whenever you want!
35.gif

Hey all, little chance of me getting dizzy now from the heat in my little gym, as you can all probably guess.....

weather is back to its usual pantsy self. So I am back in long sleeves.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Friday everyone-just one more exam left in three and a half hours and then I''m finished
36.gif
The plan for today is to go out to lunch with my friends after the exam, go shopping, sleep for a few hours and then cocktails all night
9.gif
9.gif
I was hoping to go to my two aerobics classes tomorrow morning but my best friend''s grandad died yesterday so I''m going down the country with him to go go the funeral. He was lucky that he made it home in time from his trip last week to spend some time with his grandad before he passed.

Lorelei-sorry to hear that the gym is still very hot. There''s nothing worse than that. My gym gets quite hot too-I just don''t think that we deal very well with the heat over this side of the world!

Rod-well I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you for the interview!! Well done for working so hard at the gym! Glad to hear that Charlie was feeling better after a bit of sleep.

Skippy-glad that the rain came!! We never stop getting it over here so it''s a welcome relief that we haven''t had it in a few days. I''ll get more photos of Amber up soon
3.gif
Woohoo on the ten pound loss
36.gif
That''s fab news!!Your roses are beautiful.

dragon-you''re doing really well with all the exercise. I can''t wait to get back into it!! And you''re going to job 3 times weekly
6.gif
I''m impressed!

Something-that''s awful that his son was the one that got the gun for him-he must be feeling so guilty. Keeping their family in my thoughts.

Hi Linda
35.gif

Mara-thanks for the advice of losing the pouch! I need to step up the cardio.

Steph-that dinner sounds tasty! Glad it got two thumbs up!

Dee*Jay-well done for 65 minutes on the elliptical. Can I ask you do you read while you''re on it or listen to music or how do you keep on it for so long?

Marcy-glad you enjoyed the mexican night out. My favourite food! I can''t wait to be finished. Well done on getting 30 minutes done on the threadmill! Do you work out at a gym or do you have one at home?

Hi dixie
35.gif

Monarch-that sounds really promising that she brought up salary. I''m keeping everything crossed for you!

Well talk to you all later when I have freedom for the summer
9.gif
.....provided the last exam goes well
32.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning. Happy Friday!
36.gif
Tonight we have an astronomy club meeting. Tomorrow my husband is playing golf so I can finally have time to clean house and work on laundry. Tomorrow night we have a wedding to go to then Sunday we are going shopping at the outlet mall about an hour away.
Dixie, I am glad to hear from you. I agree it is hard to keep up with all the posts especially if you miss a day or two. I spend far too much time on my laptop but since I find TV pretty boring it works for me. Marty watches TV and I goof off online. Yay for thinking about hiring a trainer. The last few pounds are tough to get off. That’s great you continue to workout and eat healthy. Thanks for the congratulations on getting in to size 8 jeans. I plan on buying some this weekend.
Monnie, that is wonderful news your interview went so well. My continued good luck and best wishes for getting some welcome news next week.
Lorelei, rats for the weather being pants again. We are finally heading in to a warming trend – they say it will be in the 70’s. I am so excited!
Bee, good luck on your last exam. I know you will be very relieved to have them all finished. Have a few drinks for me tonight. I am so sorry to hear about your best friend’s grandfather. I know he’ll be glad to have you at the funeral. We have a treadmill in our spare bedroom. I crank on the news or a movie and watch TV while I walk.
Have a wonderful day my HLT friends.
35.gif

Marcy

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning all! Today is overcast and muggy here in FL and I''m BORED. lol. This morning I did some core yoga work and walked with weights again. I was rather sore from this week so didn''t work as hard :razz:. Tonight I''m cooking a tomato basil pizza for the first time. Wish me luck!!! Tomorrow there is a local festival that I am going to attend. I''m excited!
My update is short
7.gif

Steph - Target is a bad bad place for wallets lol
Something - I WANT FITTV BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
Apple - The measuring time makes sense considering that you hold more water closer to your period date.
Mara - THANK YOU For the ab advice. I DID NOT know about keeping abs in and down and will be practicing practicing practicing from NOW ON!!!!!
Skippy - We have TONS of roses growing in our back yard and currently have bowls of them all around the house. They are my favorite flowers
DeeJay - For Salmon, add dried dill weed, garlic, and salt on top, bake in tin foil for 15-20 mins, then add cheese and allow to melt. Serve and enjoy :)
Rod - Great for the work out, but sorry SO wasn''t feeling so hot
7.gif

Monarch - CONGRATS ON THE GOOD INTERVIEW
Bee - HOORAY NO MORE EXAMS FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree DF, I will remember that advice about the abs from Miss Mara!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did my walk/jog routine for 30 min this morning.

dragon, that pizza sounds delicious...I love making my own pizza.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday,

Just popping in for a sec. It''s a warm but breezy and pleasant day down here. Nothing much going on. Just got back from having coffee under the oak. Heading out to have my car washed before dinner tonight.

Monnie, that''s wonderful that the interview went SO WELL!! Sounds like you''ll be employed really soon and I''m so happy for you!!!! Has hubby''s second interview taken place? How is that going for him?

I''ll check in later tonight. Have a great Friday afternoon.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, my crossables are still firmly crossed for you, I bet you rocked that interview!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results