shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 12th May till 18th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steph, the summer that Yellowstone was on fire we had horrible smoke and ash 400 miles away. I hope they get the fires out soon. How awful they were started by arsonists.
Sharon, I often watch news or discovery channels. It is amazing we have hundreds of channels to pick from and nothing to watch.
Rod, yes 40’s is a bit much for May. Tomorrow we are going to get up to 52 degrees. This just continues to be a cold year for us in Wyoming. Glad to hear you continue to have lovely weather in Tampa.
Welcome Kathleenmv. Glad to see you here. Woo hoo for loosing 50 pounds already. Yay for planning on running in a 10K. I hope you and your daughter are feeling well again soon.
Hi Skippy!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all!! quick check in...monnie i see some happy news about a gig for you...yay i hope you get it and/or if you got it, super yay!!

thanks for the well wishes and congrats! our dinner last nite was SO yummy! i can't believe 4 years have passed and yet at the same time it feels like we have been together so long (well we have been together 8 years but married 4). still having fun after all this time too...hehee. we just got each other small fun gifts (a mixer for me and a coffee maker for hiim hehee)...and had a nice dinner out. next year we are hoping to go to hawaii for our 5 year, we wanted to do it this year but with greg switching jobs last month it wasn't feasible for him to take a week off so soon, boo hoo.

no workout today, but i have been walking 2+ miles a day on top of my workouts...so i didn't mind taking today off. tomorrow i'll do a walk and a workout and we have a yelp event which should be fun, i made cupcakes of course!

also speaking of tomorrow, it's supposed to be in the 90s and then 100+ the next two days, wow! crazy temps. anyway time for bed, night all!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
No exercise for me today, but I did sleep very well last night...I so needed that.

Steph, I hope you got your beauty sleep last night.

welcome kathleen! keep up the good work.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2008 2:26:15 AM
Author: Mara
hehee. we just got each other small fun gifts (a mixer for me
What sort of mixer????
3.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

I''m almost all better from my silly spill, my shoulder and wrist are a bit tender but nothing major; John has a long way to go.

Steph, it was state reports day, so the kids could bring in a dish that would be considered a "state" dish (Boston Creme Pie from Mass, Buckeyes from Ohio, etc.).

Monnie, did I miss that you recieved a job offer?

Kathleen, welcome! Happy to have you join us.

So the food festival and report day was fun, but exhausting. I am not ready to be up. I managed to only try 23 things, and then I fibbed and told the kids that asked I would try the rest after lunch. They so want to show you what they''ve done, but it was too much food and some of it looked quite scary!

We''re prepping for open house so this week has been especially nutty.

Dinner was delicious last night. I had a salad, short ribs, and some sort of delicious custard desert.

Have a great day all.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blast - I forgot to welcome Kathleen, so a BIG WELCOME to you, and I hope you enjoy the thread! Like I said, you can participate as much or as little as you wish, no pressure!
35.gif

Kimmy I am glad you continue to improve, please give John my best wishes!

i love custard, one of my most favourite puddings!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning all!!! We got rain last night; everytime I go to a funneral it rains. It was good to see family and friends and reminiscing about the past. Thanks for all your kind words
12.gif
Sorry, I know I have had too many funnerals in the past year, don't mean to make it so depressing.

Well this morning I am going to meet my friend for weights this morning. I clipped a few of the roses and will have to take pics; they are gorgeous.
emphoto.gif

Well I bet run; I have to get ready for the gym. I will come back later and chek in tonight
35.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Morning all!
So this morning I did some abs focused pilates, but I think I''m going to have to take a class for a bit to get it right. I feel like I''m not working my abs as hard as I need to? I really want to get to where I have a toned look in this area, but despite working hard I feel as though I am getting nowhere and still have a poochie stomach. I also did 10 mins of walk/jog alternates followed by 10 mins of brisk walking at 4 mph with a high level of incline on the tread mill. I did about 60 crunches, and then I did 100 jumping jacks which are my new thing. I also did 20 plie''s and 20 squats. I feel like my legs are toning up great! And I''m losing inches, but not getting the abdominal tone I want. Any advice? Maybe I''m not doing the crunches or pilates moves right? Even though I do feel some burn during these moves? HELPS!!!! lol I''m really really really really bloated today, so feeling unpretty.

Steph - great alternates!!! From what I gather, switching things up helps boost metabolism. Your breakfast sounds yummo!
Lady Pirate - Good luck with your biking!!! I"m not training for anything in particular. I''m 5foot1, 22 yrs old, and in January I hit my highest weight ever of 152lbs. I had no tone and was scared when I realized that just walking a mall winded me. So I decided I wanted to lose weight and get into shape. I want to look toned! So I''ve lost 20 lbs since Late January and I want to lose another 15. I also want to be able to run a 5k at some point, but haven''t even touched on that yet. I really need to work on building cardio endurance as I know this would help to love the middle bulge too lol.
Rod - I love your combination of hard work outs with relaxation!
Kathy - good luck with the 10 k. What have you done to build endurance for it!?
Mara - yay for your great dinner!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just back from 65 mins on the elliptical. My motivation was flagging around the 30ish minute mark but somehow I kept on going and I''m glad I did. I''ve been trying to stretch my shins a bit so that I can walk on the treadmill without so much pain as an alternative to the elliptical, and I guess I''ll find out tomorrow how successful I''ve been.

Yesterday I had to go to my new accountant''s office way the he!! up north and I stopped at a Whole Foods on the way home to get a little something for lunch. It was the nicest Whole Foods I''ve ever been in!! Tons of packaged prepared foods, a really big deli counter, and even a place where you could order sandwiches and things like that and eat at the granite counter top surrounding the area (kind of like sushi bar style). I got so excited I called the HH to tell him about it, and he said, well you haven''t been to the new Whole Foods down on Canal Street, so of course last night we had to go and check that out too. (LOL, how boring is my life!!) It was nice, but not as nice as the one up north. However, I did get a bunch of frozen fish fillets and bags of skillet ready veggies so I''m going to indulge in a little swordfish stirfry for lunch. YUM!

Gotta go and actually do some work now... I have a bunch of closings in the immediate future but I need to feed by funnel for a few months down the road and this is a good day to send out a bunch of emails and make calls (although all I really want to to do is go to Whole Foods and eat at the counter!
3.gif
).

Hello Kathleen!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hiya Dee - good to see you!
35.gif
How are the DD and The Monster?
3.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone. Exams are nearly over
36.gif
36.gif
Just one more left on friday. I had an oral exam today and I was told that I passed it when I was in the exam so that was such a relief. The other one was written so won''t find out for a while how I did in that. D and I are taking Amber out for a lovely long walk tonight. That''s about my plan for the evening after only getting three hours sleep last night.

appletini-sorry to hear that you''re not sleeping with.

Steph-it will definitely be a relief to have them done (and hopefully passed!). That''s great that you''re mixing up the exercise. Sounds like the healthy eating is going really well also.

Thanks Ladypirate! Enjoy the time back in your old room! Enjoy the cycle into work.

Marcy-can''t believe that you have to pull out the fleece blanket again in May. Hopefully the weather will improve soon. I have eight subjects and some of them have orals/practicals/handling so they will have a written and the other exam. We''ve had so many exams though this semester-I''m tired of them.

Hi Rod. Glad you enjoyed the workout and had a healthy salad afterwards! Our cat thinks she''s a dog too, although she''s surrounded by our three dogs so no wonder she thinks she''s one of them!

Welcome Kathleen
35.gif
50lbs is amazing!! You can definitely get back on track. Just think of how far you''ve come.

Mara-congrats again on your anniversary. Glad the dinner was great!

Dee*Jay-I wish that we had a Wholefoods-I''m so jealous. We have nothing like that over here.Well done for doing 65 mins on the elliptical!

Sorry to hear about all the funerals Skippy
15.gif

Well talk to you all later
35.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly, you might want to try doing more cardio to flatten your belly. I have the same problem, but it has been improving. I don''t do tons of abs, but I go walking/jogging in the evenings, and when I work out with trainer she has us do 3 min strength, followed by 3 min of cardio and this combo really seems to work.

bee, way to go on finishing finals!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Lots going on again. SO, I ate a ton of french fries. I''m paying for it with heartburn, though! My best friend''s family member attempted suicide. They don''t know if he''s going to live, he has severe injuries from a bullet wound. Prayers would be welcome!

Tough yoga today, my shoulders are burning. I''ve been getting a kick out of a belly dancing program, too. I can feel it in my thighs and back. Oh, the fajita with flat bread, not so good. Very bread-y and the Italian seasoning wasn''t really what it needed!

Kimi~ I''m glad your wrist is feeling better! Splashing in puddles is a great time, but I need new sandals now! (secretly, YAY!)

Steph~ I''m looking forward to your opening! (boy, that sounds weird...)

Marcy~ I''ve seen all your jewelery threads and I love it all! Congrats again!

Skippy~ OOH, sorry about the heartburn! I think you should make a dress! That would be fun and wearable! My sympathies to you and your family.

Monnie~ PS DUST LAUNCHED and RECEIVED!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!

dragonfly~ good luck with your new routine, sounds fun!

Welcome, KATHY!! So glad you''re here!

Mara~ That''s HOT! Glad your anni was nice, yay for Hawaii next year!

bee~ good luck on your last exam!

hi, to everyone!

Have a great day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from lifting weights; it was a good workout. I have a couple of gym friends so it is good to find a few people to workout with. She wants us to do weights 1x a week together, then I will have my muscle hour, biking, and yoga. hehe Gosh, Steph totally has me craving the spinach lasagna so that is what we will have tonight. hehe
3.gif

Mara, are you going back to Kauai or something different? Wow, that is hot; we are in the highs of 58 today and cool tomorrow. Weird weather all around.

SS, prayers out going. I am so sorry; I do hope your friend will be okay. Hope the heartburn is gone.

Rod, I feel like you in the weight room. hehee I keep thinking I wonder if Rod does this or that. hehe

Lorelei, whooo for the workouts!

Marcy, love the new jewelry!! Love M&M, too cute!

Steph, yum, you have me wanting to make lasagna too. hehee Tell me what you think; I hope you have the same brand as my Costco. i am sure it will be good.

Bee, yay for almost being done!!!

Hi Dragonfly, Deejay, Kimi, Apple and others
Have a great day all
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys! Had a great day today. Breakfast was my usual this week...an egg with cheese on whole wheat toast. Lunch was super yummy. Made a salad with leftover rotisserie chicken, spinach, feta, strawberries and lf balsamic vinegerette dressing all tossed together and put in a pita pocket
3.gif
. Snack was lf cottage cheese mixed with a little bit of raspberrie jam for sweetness. I did an hour workout today b/c Adam was here with us. 30 mins. on the ellpitical and about 30 mins. of weights/abs. I also signed Andrew up for swimming lessons in our neighborhood. The parents get in the water too and participate, so it should be a good workout for me also....they start next week. Anyway, everyone have a great night!

LP, wow...biking to work. What a great way to get exercise and save gas all at one time!

Marcy, 40s...man, hope it warms up there soon!

Rod, I know...I am surprised there isn''t a tart yogurt shop opened up around here too...maybe the trend will make it''s way over here soon!

Welcome kathleen
35.gif

Mara, glad your anniversary dinner was yummy!

Apple, I did get some sleep...glad you did as well
1.gif

Kimmi, that is a lot of food to have to try....I don''t blame you for not trying everything.

Dragonfly, I really think toning up the abs has a lot to do with diet as well. The tummy is where most women (me included) store fat. You can''t really lose fat from a specific spot, you have to lose it all over so I would up the cardio and make sure you are sticking to a low fat diet and probably limit processed carbs for a while.

DeeJay, I love Whole Foods too!

Bee, yay for passing one exam. Hope you get some sleep tonight.

SS, good to know the fajitas were not so great on the flatbread...guess I will stick to tortillias

Skippy, I''m so sad!! I drove all the way up to Costco with a huge spinach lasagna craving and they didn''t have it at mine! I looked and looked, but they only had meat and Italian sausage lasagna. Oh well. Still got lots of veggies and healthy snacks for Andrew so it wasn''t a wasted trip.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Appletini - I definitely plan to up my cardio in the next few weeks :) Thanks for the 3 min 3 min idea as well, I will give that a try too!!!

Steph - Thanks for the tips! As stated above I plan to up my cardio by a lot. I try to avoid bad foods and a high fat diet. Right now my diet is about 70-80 % fruit and veggies, with my main proteins coming from beans, eggs, and light cheeses (I eat light swiss with my eggs). I do have yogurt once in a while with shredded wheat. I avoid anything with white flour, and only eat whole grain breads and cereals (when I eat cereal lol). One of my weaknesses is Moes, which I opt for a moo as it is smaller and I just do chicken, shredded cheese, black beans and jalapeno peppers on that. I''m wondering if it is just my body''s gradual weight loss and I''m losing in other areas first? Again, we''re talking, I started 150 and am down to 130 (132 today with bloating
14.gif
39.gif
) so maybe that is part of it? I dunno, but cardio here I come

I also ordered some salsa dancing videos to try dancing too, wish me luck as it''s something I''ve never ventured into...
40.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2008 5:14:55 PM
Author: steph72276
Hey, guys! Had a great day today. Breakfast was my usual this week...an egg with cheese on whole wheat toast. Lunch was super yummy. Made a salad with leftover rotisserie chicken, spinach, feta, strawberries and lf balsamic vinegerette dressing all tossed together and put in a pita pocket
3.gif
. Snack was lf cottage cheese mixed with a little bit of raspberrie jam for sweetness. I did an hour workout today b/c Adam was here with us. 30 mins. on the ellpitical and about 30 mins. of weights/abs. I also signed Andrew up for swimming lessons in our neighborhood. The parents get in the water too and participate, so it should be a good workout for me also....they start next week. Anyway, everyone have a great night!

Skippy, I'm so sad!! I drove all the way up to Costco with a huge spinach lasagna craving and they didn't have it at mine! I looked and looked, but they only had meat and Italian sausage lasagna. Oh well. Still got lots of veggies and healthy snacks for Andrew so it wasn't a wasted trip.
Steph, ahhh, I am sad for you too!
7.gif
Well it sounds like you found other good stuff. Whoo hooo for swim lessons for Andrew; my little nephew is taking swim lessons too! Oh my gosh I am excited to talk baby swim w/you. hehe
9.gif
Your lunch sounds yummy!!!

DragonF, good job on the workouts!!!

For lunch I had a boca burger basil tomato flavor on a bagel (the Western Bagel) 100 calories and Progresso Healthy Request soup w/veggies and beans.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! I had to dress up today and tomorrow for work, so casual Friday will be the big biking adventure! Plus, it''s just me in the office that day so if I get too sweaty, no one will be around to say anything.
2.gif

I have to say, one of the best things about housesitting for my parents is that we end up walking the dogs at least once a day. Good for them and for us!

Apple, is your reaction a mango allergy as well? It''s starting to go away, but my lips are still all scaly. Eww. I''ll definitely look into the perscription for next time.

Marcy, yum for lasagna! I love that you and your DH go by M&M--too cute. Your new jewelry is GORGEOUS!!! I absolutely
30.gif
the color of that sapphire.

Steph, I heard they arrested someone for arson in connection with the fires in FL--I''m glad you and your family are not in harm''s way. The swimming lessons sound fun!

Hi Sharon!

Rod, I didn''t know you had a Burmese! Those are my favorites! Once we move, I really want to get a pair of Burmese kittens (although I''m open to a couple of other breeds as well
3.gif
) I''m still thinking good thoughts for you on the job front. How''s Charlie''s search going?

Welcome, Kathy! Great job on the weightloss and training for a 10K!

Belated congrats on the anniversary, Mara! Did you get that hand mixer you''ve been wanting?

Hi Lorelei!

Kim, glad you survived the food festival not too much worse for the wear!

Skippy, I can''t wait to see your rose pics!

Dragon, how long have you been working out for? It always seems like the stomach is the hardest thing to tone--Apple''s right, though, cardio will help the most because it gets rid of the layer of fat that obscures the muscles you''re toning up. Dancing is a great way to burn calories--I''m really looking forward to living somewhere that has a great dance scene again!

DeeJay, that Whole Foods does sound impressive!

Bee, it sounds like your finals are going very well! I hope you had a great walk with Amber and D tonight.

SS, sending good thoughts and prayers for your best friend''s family. I''m so sorry that they (and you) are going through that.

Have a great night everyone--Kris and I both ended up working late last night so we didn''t get to do the "settling in" stuff we were planning on. We''ll be doing it tonight and maybe watching the movie we have from Netflix right now, a French thriller called Existenz. I''ll try to check in again tomorrow.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super quick fly-by post here! DH and I have been cleaning out the garage all day because I decided to throw together a last minute garage sale this Saturday. Who knew we had so much junk accumulated over the last 4 years?! My closets will be thanking me, that''s for sure.

Not much else to report, hopefully I can come back later and read through the latest posts. Hope everyone is having a good week so far!
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Dragonfly, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Moes! At our old house, there was one just a few mins away and I would take Andrew at least once a week. Now I have to drive a little ways to get to one, but I still go every once in a while. I order off the kids menu too. It sounds like you are doing all the right things....maybe that is just the last place the fat is coming off b/c women tend to hang onto fat around the middle...I have the same problem. I''m sure it will come off with all your hard work.

Skippy, maybe they will get the lasagna in sometime. I think I will try to make my own version this weekend. That is neat that your nephew is taking swim lessons too....Andrew told me that he was going to be dreaming about his lessons tonight!

LP, yeah they did arrest the person. I can''t believe someone would do that on purpose. Thankfully it is far enough away from us, but no family trips to the beach anytime soon
8.gif
. Good luck on Friday with your first biking adventure!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
LP, i''m actually not allergic to mangoes...but long story short I walked into a door in the middle of the night going to the bathroom, and cut my lip, I put neosporin on it...well a lot of people are allergic to neosporin b/c of the ingredient neomycin, but when I went to the Dr he kept insisting that I had to have eaten a mango...apparently three common food allergies that cause rashes are mangos, celery, and parsnips. Anyway I am always fine when I eat mangos, but I only use polysporin for now on. But my lips were so dry and rough and flaky and no amount of chapstick seemed to help.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, lot''s of posts today! I may not be able to respond to most as it''s already getting late and I''m a bit tired.

We had a nice day. The weather couldn''t have been any better if we had preselected what we wished for weatherwise. Normal stuff......breakfast on the terrace, healthy lunch at home, followed by coffee under the oak, then a really good and productive workout. We got to the gym earlier than we usually do because we had dinner plans with two really special friends tonight. We ate at a Tapas restaurant in downtown Tampa. It was hip, urban, trendy and lot''s of fun. The food wasn''t the most imaginative Tapas fare we''ve ever had, but it was certainly quite nice and everything was tasty. It was EXPENSIVE though, which is not a good thing right now, but still, we enjoyed ourselves. Rod had TWO beers too! Oh My. That''s more than I usually have. I got a call about a job this morning. The company would be wonderful. The job would be good. The location is just awful. It would be about 40 miles each way and the recruiter kept telling me they like their employee''s to live nearby. I''d certainly consider the job, but would not move to this small town. That would be a huge mistake if we did that. Otherwise not much else to report. We''ll back in the gym for our 3rd day in a row tomorrow, then it''s Friday and a day of rest.

Hey Mara, I''m glad you and Greg enjoyed your anniversary dinner and the appliances. I''m sure Hawaii will be a great way to celebrate your 5th anniversary!

Welcome Kathleen! I hope you find great comfort from our healthy family here on the WHLT!

Monnie, I''ll have everything that can be crossed, crossed for you tomorrow! I''m looking forward to hearing how the interview goes and hope you get the offer!!

How flattering that you think of me when you do weights Skippy! I do a LOT of machines and free weights, so there''s a good chance we do many of the same things. Though I''m guessing I lift just a teensie bit more weight than you!! LOL Sorry it rained at the funeral. That always makes it seem even sadder to me.........

dragon, the stomach is truly the hardest place to get rid of fat. Trust me on that one. And doing crunches, lunges and any other assortment of ab specific exercises will only strengthen the muscles beneach the fat, not eliminate the fat. Again, I say this from true experience. The only thing I found that helped was lots and lots and lots of cardio.

Hey DeeJay. I wish we had a Whole Foods here. I think I read not too long ago that they bought a chain that we do have in Tampa and we may have one soon. Good for you doing 65 mins on the elliptical.

Just two more days and it''s time to relax bee*!!

So sorry about your friend SS. Thoughts and prayers with him and his loved ones..........

I hope the trend does make it''s way to you soon Steph.

LP, Charlie''s search is about as good as mine. To be honest though, he just doesn''t really know what he wants to do and that makes it harder to apply to things. We''re talking about him going to some school and maybe getting a certificate in something (possibly health related) and starting a whole new chapter in his life. About Burmese.......I''ve had a lot of breeds of cat in my life, but nothing and I mean nothing compares to the personality of our Burmese. I would recommend a pair of them as they do crave company. We recently had to put our other cat down, a Bombay, who we got the same time as our Burmese and she''s definitely a bit lonely. We''re not likely going to get another cat though as I don''t think she''d accept her at all.

Well, as usual, I didn''t write a short post. Sorry for being ever so long winded. Have a nice night all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you had a great day. We were at a funeral all afternoon then went out to dinner afterwards. I ate lunch early today at 11 so I was starving by 5:30. I had wine, some salad, a roll, ½ of a steak, some baked potato and split a piece of chocolate cake with Marty for dessert. I should never go out to dinner that hungry. Oh well, I didn’t eat much else the rest of the day. The one glass of wine I had got me talking though and I started talking about my fellow HLT’rs.
Mara, I am glad you guys had a nice dinner for your anniversary. Your gifts sounds fun and practical. We only go out for dinner anymore but we’ll be celebrating #17 next month. Enjoy your cupcakes and please send some of that heat my way. I am FREEZING right now. It’s the middle of May and I have on my sweats.
Appletini, that’s great to hear you slept well last night. I hope you sleep all night tonight as well. Neosporin and I are not compatible either. Silly allergies.
Hi Lorelei! Mmm custard. There is a place in a nearby city that has kahlua moose – I would lick that dish out if I could. It’s yummy.
Kimi, that’s wonderful your wrist is better but I feel bad for your husband. I sprained an ankle once – it was about 6 weeks before I was getting around again. I imagine some of the food looked pretty scary. I often find being on a diet helpful in those situations.
Skippy, sorry you’ve had so many funerals this year. The one we went to today was nice. That’s great you found some gym friends. That will make workouts so much more fun. I am really enjoying the new jewelry, thanks.
Dragonfly, yay for loosing inches. My stomach hurts just thinking about how many crunches you do. Woo hoo for loosing 20 pounds since January. Good luck with the salsa dancing. Of course my mind is wandering off to “chips and salsa” mmmm.
DeeJay, the Whole Foods about 45 miles away from us is like the really nice one you visited. They are such a great store. We need to go shopping there more often. Hmm, we are headed south on Sunday we’d best take our cooler, huh?
Bee, glad your exams are almost finished and congratulations for passing the oral part today. It sounds like you have quite a load with your courses. Are you going to summer school as well?
Somethingshiny, I am so sorry to hear about your friend’s family member. I hope they pull through okay. Thanks for the compliment on my jewelry, I do like those little sparkly things.
Steph, you and Andrew will have fun with his swimming lessons. I hope it warms up here soon too.
Ladypirate, yay for taking the dogs for a walk everyday. I usually sign our cards “M&M” mostly because sometimes when I’m in a hurry I’ll sign things Marcy and Marcy. I am such a blonde sometimes. Thanks for the compliment on my jewelry. I am still staring at the sapphire – the cut and color is so amazing.
Monnie, if I remember correctly – tomorrow is your interview. Good luck PS dust coming your way.
Well, I hope you have a great evening.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, we must have been posting at the same time. Sorry to hear the job would be such a long drive for you. Your dinner sounds fun. When I was telling Marty about everyone on this thread at dinner tonight I told him how long you work out at the gym and he was very impressed. He also said he’s “in” for going out with you and Charlie for sushi if we ever get to Tampa. He did ask me what I’d be eating that night since he knows I''m not going to try any sushi.
1.gif

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Skippy, Marcy, Appletini, Kimberly, Dee*Jay, bee*, somethingshiny, steph, ladypirate and Rod, thank you so very much for the warm welcome! (Copious apologies to anyone I’ve missed. I’m just getting the hang of this.
37.gif
)

Marcy, thanks for the well wishes for my daughter. She’s over her pneumonia, but now has the stomach flu (along with my son--oy). I think her immunity is pretty low right now. Poor baby!
7.gif
Fortunately, she’s on the mend.

Mara, sounds like you had a very happy anniversary! A trip to Hawaii sounds like something wonderful to look forward to.

Skippy, I’m very sorry to hear of the loss of your family friend. Glad the funeral was a chance to reconnect and celebrate his life.

Dragonfly, exciting that you’re thinking about a 5K!! I am sooooooooooo not an athlete, but I really feel like running is a great confidence booster. It’s cool to see what your body can do, and YOU can totally do a 5K!

I started running again about seven months ago. (Before the babies, I was a pretty regular runner, but hadn’t run a step in over four years.) I got back in the groove using the “Couch to 5K” program on coolrunning.com (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml). It’s a great training problem and will help you build your endurance. Check it out!

Somethingshiny, I’m so sorry to hear about your best friend’s family member. I will keep the family in my prayers…
And tell me more about your belly dancing! I took some classes at the local community college a few years ago and looooved it.

So today I ran four miles on the treadmill. I’m trying to make four miles my new “base” as I gear up for the 10K. Then I’ll add one or two longer runs per week. I also need to do more trail running. I’ve fallen behind on my “training” (using the term very loosely) with health craziness in our family. Hoping I can actually participate in the race when the time comes. Oh, and I should mention that I’m the world’s slowest runner. When I do it, it’s more like plodding.
2.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kathy, I hope your daughter gets over her flu soon. It is no fun being so sick. It sounds like you are doing great on your running and working up to running a 10K. Keep up the good work!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy cow, my head is spinning just from going back through the posts today!

Thank you Mara, for the well wishes on my job sitch...I haven''t received an offer yet but am interviewing again for a better position with the same company as last week and feel very confident that I am the right person for the job. Sounds like you and Greg had a great anniversary, congrats on a new mixer, hope it''s one of those fab kitchenaids that we all register for but don''t actually receive, LOL!

Hello Appletini!

Kimi, see my above msg to Mara, and I hope you are doing well! Sorry to hear John is still injured, my most positive thoughts outgoing that he will heal quickly.

Kathleen, welcome! Good to see you here, you are most welcome and we''re glad to have you!

Skippy, sorry you had a glum day, but it''s nice to hear you got some pretty roses. I haven''t been to a funeral for a long time now, and I hope it stays that way.

Dragonfly, you had an awesome workout today. As far as the abs thing, are you concerned about your lower abs? You say you felt bloated...the lower abs are the hardest for women to see results in, imo. As long as you are doing a good cardio workout a few times a week and are losing fat, plus training with weights a couple times a week, you should start seeing results. Have you tried mixing up your ab workouts and including the balance ball or half ball? Those have always been great for me as far as spot training for abs. They make for a really tough, but short, workout...Rod can also give you great advice on core training and may be helpful as you sound like you want to focus on abdominals.

DeeJay, you''re awesome as usual, I could never do 65 min on the elliptical, I get too bored! I think that is why walking the neighborhoods works well for me, I have to have different scenery around all the time or I don''t want to walk at all! Good to hear from you here, and I am so looking forward to seeing you on the 27th!

Bee, best of luck on your exams!

Somethingshiny, I am so sorry to hear of your Bf''s family member. I hope and am thinking positive that he will survive. DH and I have both dealt with suicide and it is such a difficult thing. My thoughts are with you. As far as YOU, though, how fun is belly dancing! I do it on exerciseTV sometimes and I love it. Actually I love all the programs, it is nice to be able to just click the remote and do something fun whenever you want. I am a huge fan! Thank you for the well wishes on my interview!

Hi Steph, I rarely get a chance to respond to you but want you to know I always read your posts!

Rod, I LOVE tapas, I''m kinda jealous of you and Charlie''s meal tonight! Thanks for crossing things for me, I''m not nervous at all and am actually looking forward to the interview. I''m glad to hear you got a call about a job this a.m. Sad that it will be so far away, but at least it''s something whether you take it or not. It''s always nice to know somebody out there wants you!

Marcy, don''t feel guilty about a glass of wine and some eats...you were in a situation where it was kind of necessary...but I understand that you didn''t feel so great afterwards. It''s over now and you did well, don''t you think? You haven''t come this far to be feeling bad about dining in social situations, I think you used your skills well and didn''t indulge too much. As ever, I am proud of you.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Morning all. Well, some of you were asking if the wildfires near us were affecting the air around here. The past two days I have not noticed anything at all, but this morning when I let the dog out, the air was filled with the smell of smoke. Ugh, it was so bad I had to go back in quickly. I ususally sit out on our screened in porch and have coffee, but not today. I don''t think I will be do anything outside today, much less my run I was planning on. I will have to do my workout indoors today. I think I will just stay in today and do some cleaning. Hope everyone has a great day!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Thursday everyone. I really enjoyed my walk with Amber and D last night. It''s so hard to study today as I feel like I''m already finished. This time tomorrow I''ll be partying
3.gif

Thanks Appletini.

Something-I''m so sorry to hear about your bf''s family member. That''s awful to hear. I hope that they recover. Thanks for the good luck.

Skippy-that''s great that you had a good workout. It''s much easier to exercise when you have some friends there.

Steph-your salad sounds delicious. The swimming lessons sound fun. I slept like a log last night!! Sorry to hear about the wild fires in your area.

Ladypirate-best of luck with the cycle tomorrow. I''m sure it will be great!

Rod-that''s a pity about the location of the job. Are you still going to interview with them? Enjoy the gym today.

Marcy-that dinner sounded delicious! I treated myself to a glass of wine last night too. It was well deserved. We don''t have summer school over here. College is only open from September to May thankfully! I start work in the vets full time on Monday.

Kathy-well done on doing the four miles. When is the race on?

Thanks Monarch!

Well I''d better get back to the books
34.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2008 11:01:59 PM
Author: marcyc
Rod, we must have been posting at the same time. Sorry to hear the job would be such a long drive for you. Your dinner sounds fun. When I was telling Marty about everyone on this thread at dinner tonight I told him how long you work out at the gym and he was very impressed. He also said he’s “in” for going out with you and Charlie for sushi if we ever get to Tampa. He did ask me what I’d be eating that night since he knows I''m not going to try any sushi.
1.gif
Never say never Marcy!! LOL There was a time when we would have said the exact same thing. Then one day we tried some and boom, we were hooked. You guys come on down and maybe we''ll convert you to a Sushi Lover too!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results