shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 12th May till 18th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SHAY!!!! Welcome to the thread, great to see you here!!!
35.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I got up at the same time as Marty for his 8 am tee time so I got busy cleaning the house. It’s all done. Woo hoo!
36.gif
I have my last batch of laundry drying. I made some cc muffins for my am snacks – they work out to 130 calories each; a bit more than my 100 calorie snacks but certainly much tastier.
9.gif
After Marty is done playing golf, we are off to the outlet mall since the Izod store has everything 40% off.
Kimi, super busy weeks must be going around – my week was crazy too. I hope John’s foot is better now. Have fun at the festival, dinner and the play. I need to wrap up my last semester by turning in my assessment form then I’ll take off a week before starting on summer school. Thank you for the nice compliment. Marty helps me look tiny as he is 6’4” and I am 5’3”.
Rod, thank you for the lovely compliment. Have a great time at the gym today.
Skippy, yay for a haircut and shopping with your sister. I figure I’ll get my walking in shopping today.
Have a great Sunday!
35.gif

Marcy

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing new on my end, but I had to post to say WOW TO Marcy!! Marcy, you look so beautiful and you are SO DARN TEENY TINY!!!!!!! You and Marty are so cute together.

I am so proud of you Marcy!!! Please submit your story. I know Good Housekeeping Magazine has stories because I subscribe to that magazine. Your story is amazing and just look at you now. You did it all by yourself, no fad diets. Just plain hard work!!!!!!

Hello to everyone!! The heat here has really knocked me off of my feet. I have been taking it easy. It is supposed to cool down today, I hope so.

Have a wonderful day.

Linda

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone-can''t believe it''s Sunday evening already! I''m feeling a lot better today thankfully. Will never drink again (hehe I''m sure I''ll forget that in a few weeks). Today D and I took Amber to the canal and walked along it for about three hours before turning around and walking back. It was so nice!

Appletini-I''ll have to invest in some alka seltzer. I tend not to drink much at all, maybe a glass of wine every couple of weeks so I just could not handle three cocktails
1.gif
I hope that you enjoyed your dinner and happy anniversary for tomorrow.

Something-best of luck with your endoscopy tomorrow.

Gosh Dee*Jay-take care of yourself! Sorry to hear that you had to go to the ER. I hope that the pain goes away.

Welcome Shay
35.gif
I hope that you get your cycle in today!

Skippy-when are you off to Chicago? I''d love to visit there. Enjoy shopping with your sister. It''s definitely a great feeling to be finished with exams.

Steph-glad to hear that you had a great day! I''d say the new tv is great! D wants to get a 42" one for the new house so I guess after he got me my lovely e-ring, he can get his tv.

Rod-glad to hear that Charlie is feeling better. Sorry to hear that you''re sore but glad to hear that you enjoyed the pizza!

Marcy-that wedding sounds fab! What a unique idea with the picnic baskets. You look amazing and Marty looks very handsome! I hope that you got your size 8''s today-lots of pairs.

Lorelei-you guys are still having bad weather? We''re actually having some nice weather-makes such a change.

Hi Linda
35.gif

Well talk to you guys later. I''m off to make some tea and sit watching all the tv that I''ve missed in the past few weeks.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys...quick fly-by to say hello. Working on the opening for next week...hehe, I''m nervous that I won''t be up to par with Lorelei''s inspiring openings
2.gif

Marcy, wow....you look so great! We are all proud of you and your ever-shrinking self.

Rod, yea for your uber-long workout yesterday....hope you''re not too sore today.

Lorelei, sorry it''s still pants weather there, hopefully it will warm up soon.

Kimmi, sorry your week was so busy. I am trying to stay inside as much as possible, but the smoke hasn''t been too bad except first thing in the morning.

Skippy, yea for a new haircut and shopping!

Linda, hope it cools off soon for you!

Bee, glad you feel better today.

Somethingshiny, good luck with the endoscopy tomorrow.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone, sounds like you are all having a good weekend! I did my garage sale yesterday, it was a little disappointing. I only made $60, but I guess that is more than I had to begin with. I had a couple very strange customers, and then I had a gal who bought some of my sterling silver jewelry come back today and leave a note on my door saying she wanted to buy more! I will probably give her a call--she was with her husband when she came yesterday and I bet she didn''t want to spend much while he was there.

Today I walked about 4 miles. I decided to throw on my backpack and walk to Trader Joe''s so I could get in some good walking without the dogs and pick up a few things. It worked out pretty well, most things fit in my backpack and I brought one of their reusable bags with me as well. I think I will start doing that a couple times a week when I need fresh produce...gas is over $4 here now and showing no signs of stopping, so I am trying to avoid driving when possible.

That''s about all I have to report...thanks for the bday wishes, and Marcy, you and your husband make a great looking couple! You look spectacular and I am so very happy for you!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Monnie, I missed that it was your bday....when is it? Hope you have a wonderful day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, can I switch weeks w/the for the opening please???? Can I have June 1 and you have May 25??? If not I will do the 25th. Thanks.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I am pooped out today. My sister is a power shopper; I bought 5 shirts and one pair of pants for myself and ball for my nephew.
3.gif
Then hubby and I cleaned 1/2 the windows and I swept outside. Pretty soon my cousin and I will be going walking in 45 mins. I had Spinach Pie for dinner.

Okay, darn
15.gif
I wanted to respond to all if you but now hubby is calling me for help. I will check in laters.......

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2008 7:47:46 PM
Author: steph72276
Monnie, I missed that it was your bday....when is it? Hope you have a wonderful day!
Thanks Steph, it was actually yesterday but I didn't say anything about it until late last night. I decided a couple years ago to stop having bdays but ya know, they just keep happening anyway, ha!

ETA: Skippy, what is spinach pie???
9.gif
It sounds yummy!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........

It was a warm (not too warm) and somewhat muggy day in Tampa. The sun was out, but it was pretty hazy most of the day. We had lunch at Panera, then coffee under the oak, which was very pleasant. We got to the gym around 3 and just really got into our workout. My legs were really sore from doing weighted squats yesterday, so I''ve learned that pushing sore muscles actually makes them feel better, so I did a few mre sets of weighted squats and they feel so much better. I think it has to do with getting rid of lactic acid that builds up in sore muscles. And pushing them seems to get rid of the lactic acid. At least that''s my experience with sore muscles. Dinner was our old standby, steamed jumbo shrimp, with fresh corn on the cob and lettuce wedge salad with sliced tomatos. This is definitely corn and fresh tomato season in Florida, so we try to take advantage of it as much as we can. Tomorrow is a day of rest from the gym, but we''ll probably do something like take a nice walk or something instead. Going to watch the 2 hour season ending of DHW tonight. That should be fun!

Monnie, I too must have missed it was your birthday..........SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONNIE!!! I hope you had a wonderful day. I saw it was yesterday. Don''t stop having birthdays. They are something to cherish and be proud of. I love the fact that I''m aging better now than when I was young. You should too!! Sorry you''re garage sale didn''t produce as many sales as you had hoped. I hope the lady comes back and buys more of your silver jewelry though!

I''m glad you enjoyed power shopping with your sister Skippy! I hope you got to have a walk or bike ride tonight!! Don''t forget to watch DHW tonight!

8:00 on a Sunday Marcy??? Not me, we slept till almost 9:30 this morning. Of course I''ve been staying up later than I should these last few weeks, but hey, what difference does it make? I don''t have to be anywhere in the morning these days....LOL

I saw how hot it was out your way Linda. I hope you''re staying cool during this unusual heat wave...........

I''m sure you''ll forget all about your celebration bee*!!! When I was a young man (many decades ago), I too did that, only to repeat again after the memory was distant. Now, I rarely if ever drink anymore. It just doesn''t interest me, with the exception of a Sapporo beer with my Sushi. But, only one for me. Otherwise, I''d need to take a nap!

Steph, we''re all looking forward to your opener this week. I''m sure it will be terrific!

I''ll check in again after DHW. Hope you all had a great Sunday!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from my walk with my cousin; we chit chatted about our trips. She is going to PHX and hanging out by the pool and she was tell me what to see and do. hehe It was nice getting to see her 2 days in a row for a walk.
9.gif
Oh hubby was up on the roof and needed me to help him out; he just turned on the swamp cooler. In NM most houses have swamp coolers because we have hardly any humidity as a side note. Have a great evening all!

Monnie, the spinach pie is low fat, low cal for a giant piece from Trader Joe''s; I am on such a huge spinach kick lately. hehe
18.gif
Glad you had a nice birthday!

Marcy, I have laudry and ironing, booo; wanna come out and help me.
2.gif
I want your cc recipe for low cal muffins! Yay for shopping and a sale! You look awesome!

Linda, stay cool; I am sorry it is so hot. Is it normal for that time of year? We had been cool but today warmed up to the 80''s and tomorrow should be in the low 90''s so in a couple of days a 20 degree change.

Bee, yay for a walk on the canal w/Amber! I will be in Chicago the week of the 27th. hehe You should go out there; I heard it is beautiful
1.gif
That would be fun if you could fly out on the 27th. hehe Your trip is soon right!!! When? After S&TC movie?

Steph, you will do awesome; just draw on the how far you have come; I bet you will come up with something great!!! You are doing awesome!!

Rod, wow, I started watching DHW and crazy already!!! Sorry it was hazy; we had sandwiches at a local deli too. hehe Yay for being sore! YUM to shrimp; I love the stuff.

Hey Kimi and Lorelei
1.gif

Have a great evening all
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. We got back from your shopping excursion a little bit ago. Marty got shorts, tops and I picked up some winter pj’s for about $6, a couple of knit tops and an eyelet blouse. We split chicken parmesan for supper and also split a piece of chocolate cake.
3.gif

Linda, that you so much for such a terrific compliment. I did go to the Good Housekeeping website and sent them an email asking for info. My mom takes that magazine and I saw the cover story on a lady this week. Mara wants me to send in something to People magazine too. I told Marty this afternoon I am going through another round of disbelief when I see how small I look in a window or mirror. He said pretty much what you said – you got there by old fashioned hard work. I hope the weather cooled down for you today.
Bee, glad to hear you are feeling better today. Your walk around the canal sounds great. I only got one pair of size 8 jeans today – they only had the petites in the dark denim jeans so I got the lighter denim in size 8. I plan on wearing them tomorrow. I think I’ll go back to our mall and look at those 8’s I tried on a few weeks ago. It was SOOOOO fun to buy them. She told me she had them in size 10 and I said no thank you. Thanks for the kind words about Marty and me.
Steph, I know what you mean about living up to Lorelei’s great and inspiring openings. I am kind of nervous too. I am sure you will do a great job with your opening next week. Thank you for the lovely compliment. I look down and am amazed at how small I have become.
Monnie, sorry to hear your garage sale resulted in only $60 – did you have a lot of people stop by? They are a lot of work and it is so hit or miss as to what might bring in some money. I am thinking of trying to sell some of my jewelry that I won''t wear just to get some more jewelry spending money. Isn’t the price of gas horrible? My husband likes to hot rod our car and I was cringing today whenever he was doing it. Thank you kindly for saying such nice things about Marty and me. Happy belated Birthday!
emcake.gif

Skippy, no problem switching weeks – I’d do anything to help you out. You are such a sweetie. Sounds like you had a busy day. I am looking forward to returning to work tomorrow – I need the rest. Tee hee. Yay for getting some new clothes. Good idea to get your swamp cooler turned on. I keep thinking of seeing how much it would cost to add a humidifier to our furnace and air conditioner. I have really dry skin and I think that would help. I am not much good at ironing but I will certainly help you do laundry. I just made a muffin mix but spread them out to get 21 muffins instead of 12. They are a real treat for me. I am glad you had a nice walk and chit chat with your cousin.
Rod, sorry to hear your legs were sore but glad to hear working them helped them feel better. I picked up some corn on the cob too – I hope it is good. I think our farmer’s marker starts in a couple of weeks and I am really looking forward to fresh produce. I did kind of whine to Marty at supper tonight about his early tee times. He got up about 6:15 this morning – which is how early I get up during the week. Once he gets up, I’m awake and I can’t go back to sleep. I’ll get more used to it now that it’s nice enough to play golf.
Well, I am going to swap out the solution in my US, clean my jewelry and run them through the steam cleaner. I used the non-ammonia solution for a few weeks and have decided it just isn’t cleaning as well as the pink stuff so I’m going to fill up my tank with it. I must have sparkling clean diamonds and gemstones. And I know all of you completely understand.
9.gif

TTFN!
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, I thought the show was a bit crazy too. But it did have interesting moments. Particulary the conclusion to the story about Katherine. At least we finally know why the daughter (Dillon) doesn't remember her childhood on Wisteria Lane. Plus the jump 5 years forward at the very end was certainly interesting, didn't you think??

Marcy, Marty was right you got there by good old fashioned hard work. There are many who might have opted for gastric bypass, or lat band surgery, but you chose to do it the hard way. And we're all so proud of you for having the fortitude and courage to completely change your life. YOU ROCK MARCY!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, it means a lot to me that you are proud of me not only for what I''ve done but how I did it. I know you completely understand the hard work and dedication it takes to become a new and healthier person.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I rode the bike for 35 minutes after church on Sunday with the hubby and kids. It was a lot of fun.

Skippy, how are you? Thank you for the welcome.

Somethingshiny, I hear you with that sore bum. I put a comfort seat with a really nice gel filling in it on my bike, and it does help a lot.

Steph, my boys are 6 and 8. It''s like the most perfect age ever.

Rod, thank you for the welcome.

Marcy, thank you and congrats on your weight loss and healthy choices.

Lorelei, this is a great place. I couldn''t resist the invite.

bee*, I am trying to ride every day that the weather is nice.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results