shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you seen Kathy Griffin's idea of a joke.....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started this thread because now the Trump supporter are stepping forward (who knew there were so many here) and wanted them to know Liberals do not find this acceptable.
Where? who?...:confused:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you dislike Trump a lot, but your above post is shocking even for a liberal. Basically you are not condemning what she had posted.
I guess you'd have to think really hard about why that bothers you, and then maybe you can understand a bit of the crude nonsense the liberal crowd has gone "Ummmmm this is horrible" to, all while being called "sensitive snowflakes."

Goes both ways and all that.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and someone had to explain to Barron about that (admittedly gross) image? I had to tap dance around my 4th grader asking what "grab them by the pussy" means. Among other things. Not fun, is it Mr. Trump?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you dislike Trump a lot, but your above post is shocking even for a liberal. Basically you are not condemning what she had posted.

Sooooooo....you spoke out about Malia and Sasha seeing their dad's effigy hung, and eating a watermelon every other day while the conservatives called it "free speech?" I'll wait.....

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it was disgusting for sure, although to be totally honest, I've never found her funny, so I guess I have to hold my hand up to never having gotten her sense of humour. It's annoying to me that it's allowing what remains of the Trump-supporting right to clutch their pearls loudly and often enough to attempt to drown out the real, very serious issues, so in that way it was even stupider than it looks on the surface.

I am, however, slightly enjoying the hypocrisy from the 'you libs can't take a joke' crew. Remember this, discussion, Red?

Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 23.56.35.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 00.06.20.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 00.06.44.png
And? I have already said the Obama effigy was uncalled for. Photos like the one she made and the effigies of Obama are disgusting. The t-shirt is still damn funny. Pics like hers and the ones of Obama get a visceral reaction.

BTW hypocrisy is rampant all around here. ;-)

Edit - And as far as the Trump people clutching pearls, none of them started this thread.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it was disgusting for sure, although to be totally honest, I've never found her funny, so I guess I have to hold my hand up to never having gotten her sense of humour. It's annoying to me that it's allowing what remains of the Trump-supporting right to clutch their pearls loudly and often enough to attempt to drown out the real, very serious issues, so in that way it was even stupider than it looks on the surface.

I am, however, slightly enjoying the hypocrisy from the 'you libs can't take a joke' crew. Remember this, discussion, Red?

You said this better than I could have, and it's exactly what I'm thinking.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooooooo....you spoke out about Malia and Sasha seeing their dad's effigy hung, and eating a watermelon every other day while the conservatives called it "free speech?" I'll wait.....
it's seriously unreal that somehow it's "free speech!" when this happens to Dems, and all of us "liberal snowflakes" need to just get over it. But when it's at the expense of Trump (and granted I 100% agree that what KG did was in poor taste) somehow it's "SOOO WRONG! SOOO DISTURBING". Yeah, screw that double standard.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I didn't it was way out of line!.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

So lynching is hilarious and decapitation is where we draw the line? Makes perfect sense .

Is it because one was typically used against minorities such as blacks, Native Americans, and Mexican-Americans? Probably not, I have more faith in the people of this community.

But I bet it IS because one joke is about a republican and one a democrat! Those conservatives can't take a joke. Although they like to say the opposite.

For the record, I don't like or condone the joke. It was gross and crossed the line. But if you think lynching journalists or hanging Obama is funny then you really have no right to be offended.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Insulting someone's church hat is "uncalled for", lynching the president's likeness is in a different category.

I love this whole thing the more I think about it. Really, just the comments I've personally gotten on this thread alone are so enlightening as to the absolute disconnect between realities.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bringing the race issue in this thread? Really? Seems someone is eager to bait but then tries to soften it with "probably not" Gimmee an effing break.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bringing the race issue in this thread? Really? Seems someone is eager to bait but then tries to soften it with "probably not" Gimmee an effing break.
Why is it that when you get called out on something or when you appear to have your feelings ruffled you resort to accusations of baiting? The lynching and burning effigies of Obama was because he was black and there is historical proof of those activities used by racists against blacks. In the comparison between the Obama lynchings and Trump beheading, race cannot be taken out of the equation.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this whole thing the more I think about it. Really, just the comments I've personally gotten on this thread alone are so enlightening as to the absolute disconnect between realities.

I'm sure you are having a lot fun!. That's b/c the (80%) liberals here are supportive of Trump bashing everyday 24/7... Most of the liberals here wouldn't able to last a day if the % was switched around.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure you are having a lot fun!. That's b/c the (80%) liberals here are supportive of Trump bashing everyday 24/7... Most of the liberals here wouldn't able to last a day if the % was switched around.
LOL DF that is absolutely rich, considering the current and appalling actions of our president and his entire administration. You really think at the end of the day I care about hacking it on a jewelry forum? I'm more concerned about what it is conservatives think they are "conserving" anymore.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kathy Griffin's entire style of comedy is about the shock factor.

Though there may be some regret for this, due to the amount of negative feedback, I'd say she's gotten what she originally intended, attention.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why is it that when you get called out on something or when you appear to have your feelings ruffled you resort to accusations of baiting? The lynching and burning effigies of Obama was because he was black and there is historical proof of those activities used by racists against blacks. In the comparison between the Obama lynchings and Trump beheading, race cannot be taken out of the equation.
What exactly am I being called out on? I didn't burn any effigies or condone them either.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm more concerned about what it is conservatives think they are "conserving" anymore.
Then you should go check out some conservative forums, and NO I'm not on any political forums.

Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a unabashed lefty and I think there is a distinct line between good humour and satire and just bad taste and this is clearly the latter.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then you should go check out some conservative forums, and NO I'm not on any political forums.
DH I think it is really funny that you are trying so hard to get me to see the reasons I should be horrified by Ms. Griffin's actions, when most liberals have been trying to do the same about Trump over much more important issues, for way longer.

And let's rundown what we are conserving. Family values? Ha. Health care that doesn't actively put people in danger of actual death? Definitely no. Clean air and water? Nope.

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:?::?: You started this thread to show "us" that you thought it was unacceptable.

Edit - You deleted your post with the quotes?

Kathy Griffin posted a picture of herself holding a fake Trump head with blood all over it as if he was beheaded. It's just wrong and in poor taste. She sent a video out apologizing for it and took it down. I hope his young son never sees this. Nothing about her post was funny.

I started this thread because now the Trump supporter are stepping forward (who knew there were so many here) and wanted them to know Liberals do not find this acceptable.

Last edited:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It wasn't right when it was done to Obama. It isn't right being done to Trump. I do not like any "freedom of speech" that is essentially inciting, normalizing or encouraging violence.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Red that is exactly why I started the thread. What Kathy Griffin did was wrong. Wrong is wrong no matter what political party you support.

As far as the Tree Rope TShirt... it's not funny. Everyone here knows why it's not funny. It speaks volumes about the person's character who finds it funny.

Elliott thank you for being a voice of reason here.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Red that is exactly why I started the thread. What Kathy Griffin did was wrong. Wrong is wrong no matter what political party you support.

As far as the Tree Rope TShirt... it's not funny. Everyone here knows why it's not funny. It speaks volumes about the person's character who finds it funny.

Elliott thank you for being a voice of reason here.
I am going to tell you something about me and your comment tells me something about you. When I see the t-shirt I see a joke first then I see the words rope and tree and journalist. The words rope and tree to me mean hanging (not lynching) which in turn is one of two things in my mind - a means of legal execution for hundreds of years and still today, and western movies because I am of a cowboy/western culture. I am not from the south and lynching is not a common word in my vocabulary. So that the fact that you assume I am a racist because I think the t-shirt is funny is sad. If people look so ardently for racism in everything, they are sure to find what they perceive as justification for their assumptions. Kind of like the diamond industry which is built on the finding, pointing out and grading microscopic flaws, some need to do that with what they perceive in people also. Sad!

I follow the "content of your character" not your color attitude.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to tell you something about me and your comment tells me something about you. When I see the t-shirt I see a joke first then I see the words rope and tree and journalist. The words rope and tree to me mean hanging (not lynching) which in turn is one of two things in my mind - a means of legal execution for hundreds of years and still today, and western movies because I am of a cowboy/western culture. I am not from the south and lynching is not a common word in my vocabulary. So that the fact that you assume I am a racist because I think the t-shirt is funny is sad. If people look so ardently for racism in everything, they are sure to find what they perceive as justification for their assumptions. Kind of like the diamond industry which is built on the finding, pointing out and grading microscopic flaws, some need to do that with what they perceive in people also. Sad!

If you really want to go here, beheading has been a means of execution for probably longer. Not sure how that makes it somehow OK? Would it have been better to show this fake trump getting electrocuted? Because that's still legal? I'm just trying to find out where your "line" is.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you really want to go here, beheading has been a means of execution for probably longer. Not sure how that makes it somehow OK? Would it have been better to show this fake trump getting electrocuted? Because that's still legal? I'm just trying to find out where your "line" is.
Please tell me how this pertains to the subject I am addressing and being accused of which is racism?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Holy shiitake, your ignorance is showing and I am embarrassed FOR you.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy shiitake, your ignorance is showing and I am embarrassed FOR you.
Ignorance? Because? I am not a perpetually offended person who sees racism in everything. Nor do I look for it. You automatically assume that I know nothing of the plight of POC? Don't be embarrassed for me.

Well this has turned into one of the best shut downs employed by the left. RACISM! Yuck. Ridiculous. You don't agree with me and the group think? You are a racist.

Last edited:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more thing I'll say and then I will get off the subject (unless I'm addressed again). We don't need to publicly condemn Kathy Griffin for doing something wrong. It was wrong. Anyone with a pulse and a somewhat working brain would know that people here are not in any way applauding violence-for-pageviews.

But maybe now you can understand the jaw dropping heart sinking sensation one might feel to read this type of responses when Trump mimics a man with a disability, references a professional woman's opinion as being a product of her menstruation, brags about sexually assaulting people, and passes policies that are pretty much offensive to any person living in civilized society:

"He's just not a polished speaker"
"He's a bit boorish but he gets people's attention"
"I wish he wouldn't tweet so much but let's give him a chance"
"Everyone makes mistakes"
"I don't care what he does it his personal life, I agree with his politics"

Again, one is the POTUS the other a comedienne.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! Incredible. Tell everyone to grow a sense of humor when it comes to lynching journalists, cry foul when the nonsense comes home to roost.

Does anyone need some play doh?

Last edited:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please tell me how this pertains to the subject I am addressing and being accused of which is racism?
Because you're saying one is funny and one is not.
Hanging/lynching = total cool! Big LOLZ! It was a form of execution
Beheading = BAD, big no no! It was a form of execution

LIke I said, just trying to find your line.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results