shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you seen Kathy Griffin's idea of a joke.....

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kathy Griffin posted a picture of herself holding a fake Trump head with blood all over it as if he was beheaded. It's just wrong and in poor taste. She sent a video out apologizing for it and took it down. I hope his young son never sees this. Nothing about her post was funny.

I started this thread because now the Trump supporter are stepping forward (who knew there were so many here) and wanted them to know Liberals do not find this acceptable.

Last edited:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw this -- totally unacceptable no matter which side of the aisle you're on! What on earth could she have been thinking...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was disgusting and not the least bit funny.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When Obama's effigy was hung and burned throughout his 8 year presidency, the right called it "free speech" and some others described it as artistic expression. I can't get my panties bunched about this. It's been reported that Barron saw the bloody head on TV and got upset. I'm sure the Obama kids didn't feel warm and fuzzy about images of their dad being hung and burned. The kids of public figures are, unfortunately, the victims of collateral damage and the parents who choose that life are, imo, ultimately responsible.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
None of it is ok. There are idiots of all stripes.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To say it's in bad taste is an understatement. The fact that we live in a time when there are actually people carrying out and broadcasting beheadings to make political points makes it even worse, to me, than it might have been otherwise. I'm sure there are family members of such ISIS victims who will find themselves revisiting that trauma as they hear about this stunt. :blackeye:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kathy Griffin is looking for attention again.
This was indeed tasteless and crass.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her parents seemed so sweet and kind when she used to have a reality tv show and show footage of them. I feel bad for them. I thought she was funny 10 years ago, but then I forgot all about her. This was not a good move to create buzz again. Talk about backfiring.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, to be fair, nothing Kathy Griffin does is in good taste. That said, I don't think this is right and it does deserve an apology. You never know what unstable wing nut is going to use this as incentive to try to do something horrifying.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad she apologized.
More than what the racist mfers did when the same thing happened a few years ago.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
When Obama's effigy was hung and burned throughout his 8 year presidency, the right called it "free speech" and some others described it as artistic expression. I can't get my panties bunched about this. It's been reported that Barron saw the bloody head on TV and got upset. I'm sure the Obama kids didn't feel warm and fuzzy about images of their dad being hung and burned. The kids of public figures are, unfortunately, the victims of collateral damage and the parents who choose that life are, imo, ultimately responsible.
You covered this much more eloquently than I would have. The rules are so different for what each "side" does and I am so over it.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are no "safe words" in comedy.

She already showed 10,000x more class apologizing than Dump ever did for the gazillion tasteless things he's done as president or otherwise.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a liberal so what I say might not matter...
But in my view it was disgusting. Like I didn't applaud people burning effigy's of Obama I don't applaud this either. Glad CNN fired her.

She has freedom of speech, but that freedom carries consequences too.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the people of Montana don't like the job Gianforte does then he will not be reelected. If assault is proven he will pay.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've tried to wrap my head around this double standard, where it seems like any perceived (or real) slight against anything GOP is like you murdered their child with a butter knife and took their guns away in the process, but anything that occurs against anyone else is "get over it". I have this theory: I would argue the difference is that the people that were anti-Obama had nothing to lose, and the people that are anti-Trump have a lot to lose. You can't take things away from people that have nothing to lose.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh where was the conservative outrage when Drumpf mocked a disabled journalist, where was the outrage when he admitted to sexually assaulting women. Assault, which I might add, was proven via on camera admission to it. Did anyone pay? Nah, he went on his sweet way to the Oval Office. GMAFB. It's one big gigantic circus of distraction.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I generally stay out of politics on this forum (and most places :-o). I'm no fan of Trump. Get nauseated just thinking about him honestly. But, what she did is just stupid. I enjoy offensive humor but this is not funny.

All she did was give him yet another thing to distract from the shit show that is his Presidency.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was blood coming out of his eyes, blood coming out of his... wherever.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prime example of play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw this -- totally unacceptable no matter which side of the aisle you're on! What on earth could she have been thinking...

It was intended as a play on and reverse depiction of the Trump / Megyn Kelly incident. I'm linking an article that contains the picture and Kathy's explanation which is as follows:

Griffin shared the photo on Twitter with a caption referencing the infamous comments Trump made about former Fox News journalist Megyn Kelly in August 2015. At the time, Trump spoke to a reporter about Kelly’s demeanor as she moderated a presidential debate. “You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes,” Trump told CNN. “Blood coming out of her wherever.”

Griffin wrote, “I caption this ‘there was blood coming out of his eyes, blood coming out of his…wherever.’ Also @tylershields great Photog/film maker.”

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/kathy-griffin-fire-beheading-trump-photo-shoot-222248408.html

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I am very liberal and definitely not a Trump fan. I find what Kathy Griffin did disgusting and in bad taste.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nowhere and at no time is there an acceptable excuse for this. Just like the other things mentioned above.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't see it, but I can't imagine her thinking that would go over well. What a horrible idea. You can not like someone but that is not appropriate even if it was Osama Bin Laden, let alone a sitting president.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

She already showed 10,000x more class apologizing than Dump ever did for the gazillion tasteless things he's done as president or otherwise.

In reading your comment I feel you are justifying her actions. And honestly, I just don't get it. Although I am not surprised.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In reading your comment I feel you are justifying her actions. And honestly, I just don't get it. Although I am not surprised.
Not surprised by what. Me, her, both? You don't know either of us but ok ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I lived across from a gigantic sign depicting president Obama with a suicide bomb vest and turban on, under big red letters which read "Somewhere in Kenya a village is missing its idiot."

So the OMGPearl clutching over this? Yeah, don't care.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Nowhere and at no time is there an acceptable excuse for this. Just like the other things mentioned above.

I think it was disgusting for sure, although to be totally honest, I've never found her funny, so I guess I have to hold my hand up to never having gotten her sense of humour. It's annoying to me that it's allowing what remains of the Trump-supporting right to clutch their pearls loudly and often enough to attempt to drown out the real, very serious issues, so in that way it was even stupider than it looks on the surface.

I am, however, slightly enjoying the hypocrisy from the 'you libs can't take a joke' crew. Remember this, discussion, Red?

Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 23.56.35.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 00.06.20.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 00.06.44.png

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I know you dislike Trump a lot, but your above post is shocking even for a liberal. Basically you are not condemning what she had posted.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results