shape
carat
color
clarity

Harriets Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Had a minute to look at this today....

Harriethalopendent.jpg

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I found this...I''m in love...

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=276

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The third one (with the traps) look worthy of that emerald.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I like that one too - although the pendant is really unique as well.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are all nice looking pieces. I am glad we are still working on Harriet''s emerald!

Deb
34.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both rings are absolutely yummy!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prettyone you did great! The third is my favorite.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The second one, with the baguettes, emphasizes the squareness but I would like even less distraction from the center stone in a ring! The pendant idea, with Harriet''s square stone, is starting to look interesting, though.

Deborah
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 3:50:24 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
I found this...I''m in love...

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=276
Me too. The ladies have been their usual helpful selves, but we''ve missed our resident Photoshop whiz. Thanks!

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Harriet. That is one beautiful, clean looking emerald. As such imHo a a bezel would not only protect the stone but also keep with the clean lines. I have been looking for a pic of what my minds eye sees. I think a halo of long thin bagguettes also bezel set around the stone would be very very nice. The one picture I found is quite a bit heaver in the bezel than I am thinking of. Also the bagguettes would be the entire length of the flat sides. The diamonds would most likely have to be cut down to fit the corners correctly. Not inexpensive for sure but I think the effot would be to die for.

This could also be a pendant. I think as a slide would be amazing.

The picture will not show up.

r014-02-01W-2%20copy[1]_1_1_1.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Colormyworld. I like that style. There are so many lovely options that it''s difficult to decide. Shall I follow you in plunking the emerald on top of a Tupperware container?
2.gif

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
I'll look if you post.

If you could just see my "studio" on the back patio surrounded by potted plants ang a grill. Using a ice chest for a table. Me leaning on a step ladder to steady myself so the pics are not blurry. I laugh every time I think about it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely think it needs a halo since emeralds are so soft. And a I think the emerald would look too small in a ring without a halo when she is wearing a 3.6 ct. diamond on the other hand.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2007 8:55:02 PM
Author: colormyworld
I''ll look if you post.

If you could just see my ''studio'' on the back patio surrounded by potted plants ang a grill. Using a ice chest for a table. Me leaning on a step ladder to steady myself so the pics are not blurry. I laugh every time I think about it.
You can''t beat my cellphone camera.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2007 9:32:22 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I definitely think it needs a halo since emeralds are so soft. And a I think the emerald would look too small in a ring without a halo when she is wearing a 3.6 ct. diamond on the other hand.
DS, the other half is with you. He's been nixing any ring stone that's smaller than my diamond, which leaves me with earrings and pendants.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about dangling the emerald, tilted by 45 degrees, from the centre stone (a 0.41 ct. Lucida) of this necklace?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
dreamrhr.jpg

Ahh. My dream sapphire ring. I priced this puppy out. It''s a setting inspired by art deco settings, AND Daniel K has an very similar setting. I wanted something similar to it for my asscher, but this particular setting was too heavy for a 6 x 6 stone. I don''t think it would work for Harriet''s 5 x 5 either.

Here is the ring I designed (with much help from Photoshoping PSers) in a similar style, but for a smaller stone. THe problem with the setting is that all the baguettes have to be custom cut to fit together which is REALLY pricey. Quest and Mark T had the best prices for my design when I priced it out. But it was still very pricey. I ultimately decided against it because I didn''t like it with a white center when I saw a similar setting in person. But with a colored stone it is knock out. Also, Icestore has a similar setting, so he''s used to cutting the baguettes. So it might be worth a call if you really are interested.

Gypsy%20Ring%20Perfect.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, they''re both lovely, but I''m afraid my emerald is too small. Darn.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2007 6:22:12 PM
Author: Harriet
Gypsy, they''re both lovely, but I''m afraid my emerald is too small. Darn.
I totally agree. Your emerald is lovely, and a setting like that COULD be made for it, as frequently that type of setting is used to enhance smaller white step cuts ( like a 5 x 5)... but I don''t think it will look that great with your 5 x 5 emerald. I still stand by my pendant suggestion. It would have visual impact, protect the stone as it''s not you your hands AND has a halo, plus on your neck it really stands out and doesn''t have to compete with that giant rock of yours.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I concur with you on setting the emerald as a pendant.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,
It's no diamond, but I thought you'd might like to see my danburite (courtesy of Jeff).

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Harriet the danburite is beautiful. Such a saturated pure yellow. How big is that puppy???

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2007 10:18:24 PM
Gypsy,
It''s no diamond, but I thought you''d might like to see my danburite (courtesy of Jeff).

Oh it''s STUNNING.

I was going to send my London Blue to him for re-cutting (and still plan to) but I just purchased some personal training sessions to get in shape for a NYE wedding and so I''m waiting till January for the recut now. I''d love to see in person pics of that danburite! I need a replacement stone for my trellis setting, and I''d LOVE soemthing like that for it. How big is that puppy BTW?

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/4/2007 10:18:24 PM
Gypsy,
It''s no diamond, but I thought you''d might like to see my danburite (courtesy of Jeff).
I love it! What are the dimensions? The cut looks fantastic!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
4+ ct., 9+ mm. sq. I''ll ask Jeff for the precise measurements since I, er, lost them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results