shape
carat
color
clarity

Settings for asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I am looking for ideas for a baguette halo-style setting ideas for a ~2c asscher. I want to wear the finished ring on my right hand and definitely don''t want an engagement style look. I also don''t really care for the vintage style. I know picky, picky, picky.

A while back I think Valeria posted a picture of a baguette and trap halo which looked gorgeous, but I''m not sure whether it was a photo from a manufacturer (if so,who?) or it was a design of her own.

Anyway, all ideas would be appreciated.

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
I saved the pic... don''t know which thread it was from, but the pic seems to be from NiceIce.com

asscherbaguettes2.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 8:07:53 PM
Author: LizzieC
I saved the pic... don''t know which thread it was from, but the pic seems to be from NiceIce.com
Maybe from TierHogs thread?? It''s just gorgeous!!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
I found it! https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-settings.32139/ Complete with bigger pic.
1.gif

ETA: I think these settings are very beautiful too... but what's funny is that I found that thread by searching for "Viva Las Vegas" because I remembered that that is how someone had described seeing that setting in real life! It was Deco, of course! She's too funny!
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your ideas and links.

My favourite is from the IceStore..I love that double baguette halo. I also like the styles from NiceIce and DBOF.

I think you''re right, Valeria must have edited the picture on Locke''s site, because what I saw was so similar to theirs.

Do you think a baguette halo would minimize the *impact* of the asscher?

Do any of the PS''ers have the setting using the baguette halo that you wouldn''t mind posting?

Thanks again.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
As far as I know, I''ll be the first PSer with a baguette halo on an asscher after Quest re-sets my ring. Or, if you get it done before I do... it will be you.

As for minimizing the impact of the asscher. Mine is just over a carat... so I know it will emphasize mine. For your much larger stone... I''d say it wouldn''t minimze anything... actually most of the baguette halos I''ve seen are on larger stones (like the ones in the nice ice pictures)... so I say go for it!! Are you going to do the trap baguettes on the shoulders.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2006 10:12:32 AM
Author: Gypsy
As far as I know, I''ll be the first PSer with a baguette halo on an asscher after Quest re-sets my ring. Or, if you get it done before I do... it will be you.

As for minimizing the impact of the asscher. Mine is just over a carat... so I know it will emphasize mine. For your much larger stone... I''d say it wouldn''t minimze anything... actually most of the baguette halos I''ve seen are on larger stones (like the ones in the nice ice pictures)... so I say go for it!! Are you going to do the trap baguettes on the shoulders.
I''m not really sure which halo setting I''ll choose because I''ve priced Valeria''s edited version wth traps in the corners and it came in at $$$$ + centre asscher and DBOF''s was going to run about $$$$$$ for setting and 2c asscher. That''s pretty pricey so I''ll have to think of a less expensive way to go. Sorry for all the $signs, but I didn''t want to give exact numbers .

All the ideas shown in this thread are so beautiful, I wouldn''t want to compromise any of the designs, but wow, Gypsy, do we have great taste!!!
36.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Go to www.rare1.com

they have a bag halo pictured if I recall. Gorgeous drool worthy diamonds.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2006 11:21:17 AM
Author: Ann
Go to www.rare1.com

they have a bag halo pictured if I recall. Gorgeous drool worthy diamonds.
Thanks, Ann.

Genuinely drool worthy, but I couldn''t find the bag. halo??
3.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
If you know what you want Locke''s will do custom work, so you may want to contact them as well. Lockes, I worked with Darrin Plesh and he was fantastic!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2006 12:07:47 PM
Author: Matatora
If you know what you want Locke''s will do custom work, so you may want to contact them as well. Lockes, I worked with Darrin Plesh and he was fantastic!
Thanks, Matatora. I will certainly look into that possibility as well.

Does the diamond have to be purchased from Lockes, or will they set a diamond you have already chosen? I haven''t decided 100% on a diamond yet, but I know a ~2 carat asscher is what I''m looking for.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2006 2:29:52 PM
Author: isaku5

Does the diamond have to be purchased from Lockes, or will they set a diamond you have already chosen? I haven''t decided 100% on a diamond yet, but I know a ~2 carat asscher is what I''m looking for.
They will set a diamond you have chosen else where, or will help you find what you are looking for. I would definitely work with them again, I cannot give them high enough praise.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2006 3:10:54 PM

Date: 5/4/2006 2:29:52 PM
Author: isaku5

They will set a diamond you have chosen else where, or will help you find what you are looking for. I would definitely work with them again, I cannot give them high enough praise.
Thanks again, Matatora. I have contacted Lockes and they are going to get me a price.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results