shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! Asscher Halo needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay... here''s what I want. Anyone know if ANYONE makes it?

I have 6mm square (or close enough that it doesn''t matter) asscher. More square than octagon.

I want a platinum halo setting that will allow me to have a matching wedding band sit flush against it. (Like the Ritani Endless Love).

Price range: Up to 3K for setting.

My asscher is an F... would prefer G or F VS for the setting.

HELP?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rings in the ''Meno'' collection (at James Allen and DimenScassi and?) work like that, and a few pricescopers had rings made along these lines at Whiteflash, Quest and Art of Platinum. My vote for what that matters... Art of Platinum, hands down.
3.gif

You may find a good handfull of examples on the ''Show me the Ring'' forum
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for all your help. I contacted Leon at the Art of Platinum, haven''t heard from him, but I LOVE the stuff on his site. I also spoke to ''my'' jeweler... where we got my diamond and asked him about recommend a jewelry designer for a quote... so at least now I know that custom is my only option. I was hoping I could get an exisiting setting... but oh well.

I looked at the thread you suggested... WOW... stunning.

So, I''m thinking I''ll finally have a setting within the next three months.

: )

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also... what is Quest''s web addy? Thanks

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quest made a beautiful halo ring for my asscher. I''m thrilled with it. Good luck!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Firegoddess.
1.gif

Okay... now since you all are the experts.

Can you please help me with some terminology?

I know that what I want is a halo... made of baguettes instead of micopave.

I liked the Leon Mage because from all views his designs are stunning.

What do you call the side of the halo? I want that to be interesting... and the side of the band that holds the halo?

I don''t know how to say that I want those parts to be designed... maybe millgrained? (Not sure)

Also, my jeweler said that the hardest part of the design I wanted was that I wanted the platinum parts holding the baguettes in to be smooth, and that millgraining would take care of that... but if I millgrain the face I want the rest millgrained too.

Am I making any sense?

THANK YOU ALL!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
kaleigh... do you have a picture? I have an asscher too.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did I hallucinate that you wanted baguettes in the halo? Maybe it was just me. I think these are stunning.

From Diamond Brokers of Florida
asscherbag.jpg

and from niceice.com

niasscherhalo.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope. You are definately not hallucinating at all. That''s exactly the halo face I want ( a little thinner but that''s it).

How much should I expect a Leon Mage design to run me? Just a guess, obviously... only he knows how much it would cost.

I don''t want any diamonds other than the ones in the halo... and I want a slim (1.5 ish) band. And I want the set to be flush fit. (the wedding band would be a simple platinum slim band)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My completely unfounded and random guess on how much Leon Mege would charge? A couple thou''. I''m basing this on the fact that he charged around $1500-$1800 for a platinum solitaire for someone, and around $4K for a 3 sided pave ering. So...yeah, a couple thou''.
2.gif
But only he can tell you for sure!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My setting from Quest is 3 sided pave and was just under 3K. So that gives you a guideline... There is a thread you can look up for pics of my ring. The last one was titled, Look Nan has her hand on my asscher.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that''s a gorgeous setting, FG! Love those baguettes.
30.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/17/2006 11:20:23 PM
Author: kaleigh
My setting from Quest is 3 sided pave and was just under 3K. So that gives you a guideline... There is a thread you can look up for pics of my ring. The last one was titled, Look Nan has her hand on my asscher.

2.gif

ahh1111.JPG

Link

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2006 11:24:36 PM
Author: XChick03

2.gif

ahh1111.JPG

Link
Thanks xchick!!!
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2006 11:24:36 PM
Author: XChick03

2.gif

ahh1111.JPG

Link
Holy Crap that''s stunning. So... hmm... Quest, huh?
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay... so when I sent in my querry it should be okay that I told him my budget is $2500?

I'll have to querry Quest too. But GOD Mage's stuff takes my breath away. The cash only thing is a bit hard to swallow though. I was planning on putting it on the card and paying it off in three months.
20.gif

Instead I'll have to dip into savings... which I'll do for the perfect ring... but ... well, you know.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2006 11:09:14 PM
Author: FireGoddess
My completely unfounded and random guess on how much Leon Mege would charge? A couple thou''. I''m basing this on the fact that he charged around $1500-$1800 for a platinum solitaire for someone, and around $4K for a 3 sided pave ering. So...yeah, a couple thou''.
2.gif
But only he can tell you for sure!
Thank you FG!

I didn''t want to insult the man. LOL.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
One thing I can weigh in on if you will. I went with Quest because I knew I could direct them in my design. I could call at any time with questions and have them answered. I knew If I had leon do the ring, #1 I''d have to give up control #2 Leon doesn''t do the work himself anymore, has people in training and then supervises it. #3 I am a control freak . And if I wanted pics, I''d get them from Quest no prob. So that''s my take on it. Can''t go wrong with either. I just wanted to be involved in the process and am a designer at heart. Quest allowed me to do that. Leon would have told me to scram.
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2006 11:49:07 PM
One thing I can weigh in on if you will. I went with Quest because I knew I could direct them in my design. I could call at any time with questions and have them answered. I knew If I had leon do the ring, #1 I''d have to give up control #2 Leon doesn''t do the work himself anymore, has people in training and then supervises it. #3 I am a control freak . And if I wanted pics, I''d get them from Quest no prob. So that''s my take on it. Can''t go wrong with either. I just wanted to be involved in the process and am a designer at heart. Quest allowed me to do that. Leon would have told me to scram.
2.gif

I know exactly what you mean! I am a control freak too. Which freaks me a bit about having Leon do my ring. But on the other hand... there are things on this site that I NEVER could have thought up... and I am hoping for a surprise... a pleasant one. I have a good sense of artistic appreciation, but I don''t have that ''thing'' that separates a person who copies designs from one who creates them. What I see on that site shows me that he, or who ever works for him does... and I think that he is probably-- like most artists-- a man of great ego, and wouldn''t allow sub par work out of his shop. So... I''m thinking that I can give up control in this ONE instance (lol). Probably. I hope.
2.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/17/2006 11:49:07 PM
2.gif
Another thing I wanted to add to what kaleigh said, Quest is great if there are any design snags along the way as well and are more than willing to accomodate whatever changes need to be made. They really strive to make the customer happy.

Oh yes...did you want a wedding band to sit flush with the ring as well? If so I''d advise you against 3 sided pave, makes things difficult
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go with Leon. He'll do an awesome job!! Just make sure when you talk with him you have a list written down of all the important points you want to cover. I can't wait to see this ring. I love the design of it. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t want a three sided pave.

I want the ring to be... god, what''s the word... architecturally interesting from all sides... I don''t want it to jut look good from the top ... From the sides I want ... something attention grabbing... something unique. The only diamonds will be in the halo face. But I don''t want the rest of it to be... ordinary. I can''t explain it any other way, though, sorry!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2006 12:10:32 AM
Go with Leon. He''ll do an awesome job!! Just make sure when you talk with him you have a list written down of all the important points you want to cover. I can''t wait to see this ring. I love the design of it. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!
1.gif

I can''t wait to see it either LOL. I will definately be sure to be VERY VERY CLEAR about what I want... with illustrations. THANK YOU for all your help... and for your excitement... it''s nice to have it shared!!

I will definately keep you all posted. Thanks so much, again.

I did contact Quest though, just in case...
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just saw the clock! YIKES! Off to bed. THANK YOU everyone who gave me thier $.02. I''ll let you know when I hear from Leon and Quest. ''Night!

Boom

Shiny_Rock
I love the setting you have in mind.

When I had Leon do my Asscher halo setting, I asked about having baguettes in the halo instead of RBs. He said the cost would be higher because the baguettes would have to be custom cut to fit the center stone. With 3 sided pave on the shank, it would have been way over budget for me, so I dropped the idea. I think Wink has made a sapphire halo setting where the sapphires had to be custom cut (trapezoids maybe?), which ended up costing twice the price of round sapphires.

I hope either Leon or Quest gives you a great quote, I would love to see hand shots of this setting. Good luck!

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

If you are thinking about having Leon design your ring I highly recomend going in to talk to him in person. He was extremely approachable and helpful in the process of determining what was the ideal style for the ring design. Additionally, nothing can substitute for seeing actual examples in person. Since you have a good idea of the basic concept of your ring (halo of baguets) I am sure he can determine a close price quote. I met with him twice before I put the deposit down for the ring and never felt rushed in the design process and was fully confident that he is going to produce something amazing. On a side note, he usually doesn''t encourage having a wedding band sit flush against the ER but, you just have to tell him thats what it has to be and he will be helpful. He usually suggest WB on one hand and ER on the other and put them together on special occasions but not everyday becuase it could damage the rings by the rubbing (especially with 3-sided pave).

-Dave

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would expect the baguette thing to be more expensive than pave.

It may be more convenient to find a designer setting along those lines (although... can't imagine the style being a bargain no matter where it comes from).

Is there a quote for the settings from NiceIce? I can't find them on their website anymore
38.gif

The setting below comes from Lockes Diamonds - the shop where 'Matatora' had her latest ring from.

Link to Lockes
ring1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results