shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! Asscher Halo needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: Gypsy
If anyone has opinons about the emerald cut with the baguette halo I posted above, please post them... I am very intrested in your thoughts!
Hi, Gypsy..

I''m late to this thread.....GREAT RINGS POSTED HERE!!!
30.gif

But actually the EC you posted above is NOT my favorite. I don''t like the "seams" created by the shorter baguettes. (Love the ECs in the shank, however!
18.gif

JMO
widget

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2006 8:54:15 PM
Author: valeria101

Date: 4/20/2006 8:48:56 PM
Author: decodelighted

This thing is just gorgeous ...from the same Ebay vendor that the above ring was from. Know NOTHING about them...

Yeah, they are pretty far from where I live too
28.gif
''Art Nouveau'' looked up her wonderful enamel butterfly pin in their shop.
What''s the name of this Ebay vendor????

widget

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Ana!
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll be honest.. this is the worst baguette halo ring pic I could find. Would be so disapointed if mine came out like this. Just wanted to see if anyone disliked it as much as I did. Guess not.

Random13.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2006 9:50:18 PM

Guess not.

Don''t guess.... Ther should be worse out there, but we basically agree
28.gif

(e.g. worse: something ''well done'' enough that it might not hold together! This oen errrs on the side of caution - in the way of an armored truck).

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2006 9:21:17 PM
Author: widget

If anyone has opinons about the emerald cut with the baguette halo I posted above, please post them... I am very intrested in your thoughts!
Hi, Gypsy..

But actually the EC you posted above is NOT my favorite. I don''t like the ''seams'' created by the shorter baguettes. (Love the ECs in the shank, however!
18.gif

JMO
widget
I said I didn''t like it...maybe I worded my opinion too "nicely"..
1.gif

widget

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2006 9:57:15 PM
This one errs on the side of caution - in the way of an armored truck).
LOL.....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This however is stunning (so was the price tag)... but wow... my birthstone is a sapphire *drooling*

Ann, the modern setting are just stunning-- I just adore jewelry period so it's not surprising that I love that I idea.

The reason my fiance got me the asscher is because it's was so innovative-- and it's endured and become so classic. And he loved the idea of that being the symbol of his love for me. So... in looking for a setting-- I wanted to carry that forward.

I have like the art deco style for a long time... and for me... the clean step cut of the asscher matches the sleek lines of the baguettes... AND the history of the asscher cut compliments the art deco style... so I'm fixated on it.

Don't know if that makes any sense to anyone else but me...
26.gif

Perfect halo.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LMAO at the armored truck analogy. So true.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2006 10:07:04 PM

Don't know if that makes any sense to anyone else but me...

Sure it does... it is a deadly expensive disease, called 'great taste'
6.gif

Agreed that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', but maybe not all of it?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2006 9:58:54 PM

Date: 4/20/2006 9:21:17 PM

Hi, Gypsy..

But actually the EC you posted above is NOT my favorite. I don''t like the ''seams'' created by the shorter baguettes. (Love the ECs in the shank, however!
18.gif

JMO
widget
I said I didn''t like it...maybe I worded my opinion too ''nicely''..
1.gif

widget

You were trying to be tactful-- in case I liked it... LOL!!!!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
LOL Gypsy I saw that ring and didn''t comment because I''m from the South and my theory is "if you ain''t got anything nice to say...don''t say anything at all"
41.gif

I adore the sapphire ring though
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2006 10:14:23 PM

Date: 4/20/2006 10:07:04 PM

Don''t know if that makes any sense to anyone else but me...

Sure it does... it is a deadly expensive disease, called ''great taste''
6.gif
*Blushing* Thanks. And (I mean this sincerely-- not being tactful) same to you... I''ve loved your ideas and your suggestions. I have a ''vision'' for this setting and am very focused on it... but I that doesn''t mean I haven''t appreciated and even loved some of the other ideas you''ve had.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2006 10:17:36 PM
Author: Princess V
LOL Gypsy I saw that ring and didn't comment because I'm from the South and my theory is 'if you ain't got anything nice to say...don't say anything at all'
41.gif

I adore the sapphire ring though
30.gif

Ahhh.... maybe that's why everyone ignored it's existence like it was plagued. Good manners. I'm from CA... blunt is my middle name... and I wouldn't recognize tact if I stepped on it.
2.gif

Off to bed. GOODNIGHT ALL. And thanks for the opinions, the humor.... and the tact!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I just LOVE this rendition Ana did with the bead set rounds on the corners. Really brings a little extra sparkle, and allows to pair nicely with round eternity band too.

Ana......you REALLY are missing your calling. You do such LOVELY work....you really should parlay that into an opportunity.

We are SO lucky to have you here!
1.gif

LOVETHISONE.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, one more idea of using baguettes and reaching for squarish look, i made trillions blue to make a point of how to work around "corners" issue, but they really not have to be not diamonds. Though personally i like how flirty those bow-ties look
2.gif

Did i miss dimensions of your stone? just to make sure baguettes can be available at that size.

BowTie_AsHalo.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Here is ISO made form pic stolen from Val too, it''s called "Oh Dear Perspective, Please Forgive Me"

OhDearPerspective.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2006 1:09:52 PM
Author: Pricescope
Here is ISO made form pic stolen from Val too, it's called 'Oh Dear Perspective, Please Forgive Me'

Hmm... it's definately a creative and cost-effective idea.The thing is... my square emerald cut is VERY square (the little round prongs on my Lucida type setting completely hide my little itty bitty corners ). And, well... one of my goals for the setting was to make the most of the corners. Like-- breast augmentation...
9.gif
And the idea above, while great... doesn't allow me to do that.
2.gif
(Although if I wanted a bi-color ring... I'd totally consider the setting above-- using bright blue sapphires for the bow tie-- cause it is very saucy that way)

My spec incidentally are:

5.87 x 5.86 x 3.83 mm
1.09 carats
Depth: 64%
Table: 60%
Girdle: Thick
Culet: None
Polish: Excellent
Clarity: VS1
Color: F
Fluorescence: None

But my diamond is a 'high' F. One degree shy of an E and the inclusions, one cloud and a tiny needle, are located just a little too far close to the center of the diamond... otherwise it would have been a VVS. Overall... he did his homework and did a great job-- with the help of my jeweler Will of Minster's Jewelers (www.MinstersJewelers.com). Plus, it's a very bright stone-- in terms of light reflection. Shines beautifully.

But anyway... in terms of shape... I want the corners emphasized.
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Alj... I am trying to!
5.gif

Re. sapphires in the corners... that is one fantastic (and difficult) possibility. Aparently, someone went some of the length already, and the result doesn''t look half bad
30.gif

1-68ctasscher.JPG
1-68ctasscher1.JPG
1-68ctasscher2.JPG

Listed (and likely long ago sold) by Nelson Rarities. (asscher. 168cts).

The setting with triangles fitted in the corners would fit a Caree diamond to perfection. Where are those hiding anyway ?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2006 4:39:38 PM
Thanks Alj... I am trying to!
5.gif

Re. sapphires in the corners... that is one fantastic (and difficult) possibility. Aparently, someone went some of the length already, and the result doesn't look half bad
30.gif

1-68ctasscher.JPG
1-68ctasscher1.JPG
1-68ctasscher2.JPG

Listed (and likely long ago sold) by Nelson Rarities. (asscher. 168cts).

The setting with triangles fitted in the corners would fit a Caree diamond to perfection. Where are those hiding anyway ?

I keep having to remind myself that I REALLY DO WANT an all diamond setting. The sapphires keep flirting with me... winking saucily... giving me sidelong glances... "you know you love me... want me...."

Trying to resist their lure....

Losing at the moment. LOL. Good thing I don't have $24K on hand. I'd be on ebay hiting "Buy it Now" this second.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, with that grade your stone should not to be afraid of some pink. Why pink? Well it's more pad sapphires to match those prongs of rose gold.
My drawing is for the "airy halo" this time because of the small "cut-outs" which may only accommodate prongs.

Anyway if you want all diamonds - just "desaturate" everything and go with the white prongs"
15.gif

NotAfraidOfPink.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hee heee and here some pad color for you to pink-up and pink-about
9.gif

PadColorforG.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rose gold prongs... intriguing....

Pardon my ignorance, however... what does pink (which is lovely... and a very elegant addition to the design) have to do with the specs of my diamond???

I assume since my diamond is colorless it can be placed next to pink... and it wouldn''t look good if I had a different color diamond?? But I''m not sure I get the whole of it. Please enlighten me if you will. Thanks!

(I just looked at that bloody art deco sapphire baguette halo ring Ann posted... AGAIN...excuse me while I wipe the drool from my chin... the thing has me transfixed... and thinking about checking the credit cards for room)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quest is awesome!

So I talked to my fiance over the weekend and he was like... "why are you compromising on the design, again?" so I told him that it would cost too much to do it with trapazoids and he was like, "how do you know?"... which I thought was a good point as I only had the word of Leon on how much it would cost... and he wasn''t exactly trying to get me what I wanted... he doesn''t like doing baguette halos or channel set baguettes... SO... long story short I asked Pete at Quest for a qoute and he got back to me. Only 700 more than the original halo. Which is totally worth it. Especially since I fell head over hells for the sapphire ring Ana posted... and now I can have that same halo for my ring!! YAY Quest.

Maytal just got back to me (she was on vacation)... so I''ll wait for her qoute and the one from my jeweler. And my tax return checks (Whew!). Then we''ll be set!!

But I have to say... Quest has made quite the impression... if it''s a matter of a a couple hundred... just because of the customer service and the confidence they''ve inspired in me (and the incredible rings of theirs I''ve seen on this site)... I''m very likely to go with them. Plus, they do all the work in house... and do the CAD before ordering the baguettes cut to size (my jeweler would do it the other way around... have the traps cut to fit then send all the diamonds in for the CAD, I like it this way better. More likely to be exact).
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Quest, so glad you had a nice chat with Pete!!!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay... I''m going to be sending my diamond into SOMEONE so... so this post about jewelers insurance caught my eye. What is the proper procedure for sending my diamond in? What do I need to do before I send it in? What do I get from the jeweler afterthey have it?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ALL THE QOUTES ARE IN AND QUEST WINS BY A LANDSLIDE!

I trust them to do this exactly right... and the price is good for what I''m getting so.... YAY! Will be mailing my diamond in as soon as my tax rebate checks are IN!!! (Promised FI I''d wait till the cheques get here... he''s constantly worried about auditing or--- the government coming back and saying you OWE us money, or something... so, until his mind is relieved... I have to wait).

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quest will do a great job on your ring. I have total faith in them. I look forward to seeing the cads, waxes and most importantly the finished product. Great choice!!!!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so excited... I just can't wait. So thrilled I'm actually getting my exact dream setting. Kaleigh... thank you for wise counsel and endorsement of Quest.
21.gif

I haven't seen Valeria on at all... just wanted to thank her so much for all her help. I really did adore the setting she made with the mirco pave shanks and the rounds in the corners of the halo... it was such a beautiful setting I was very tempted to go with it... but well... this is the one I see when I look at the diamond I have... although... I highly recommend that one to anyone looking for a uniquely classic halo.
30.gif

Thanks to everyone else who helped with this as well. You are all such wonderful resources!

And finally... *sniff* I'd like to thank my cats... without whose support....

(Sorry just realized this is sounding ridiculously like an oscar speech. And not a good one either.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results