shape
carat
color
clarity

Handbag gals - help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, i better get it over with and ask...

How much exactly is the birkin or kelly bag? i like kelly better so I guess kelly and how long have any of your girls had to wait for yours?

I feel like I should know those answers, but I guess I've just avoided it. I'm scared to know because I've always wanted one, so I have made the price so high in my head that it would be impossible for me to get...but, now that I'm a working girl (sort of
3.gif
) I think one might be nice to have....if my parents found out, they'd throw a fit. I should be saving for a down payment, not a purse!

glitterkitty

Shiny_Rock
In the thousands rather than the hundreds
8.gif
and a waiting list
8.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/17/2005 2:36:25 PM
Author: glitterkitty
In the thousands rather than the hundreds
8.gif
and a waiting list
8.gif
yes...i realize it is multiple thousands, just wondering if anyone had a more exact estimate hehe and thats also why i was wondering how long it took to get yours, I guess I should just call the store and ask the specific details when I''m more serious about it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this new bag!
cheers--slb
NMV5014_mp.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock

Patty

Ideal_Rock

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL!!!!!!!! That''s right mate!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Heheheee, hand delivered by the crocodile hunter.

They''re not all crocodile though, I thought they were more like 10k12k range. But I really have never paid too much attention. Maybe I''ll call hermes and get the low down later this week, I''ll fil you in on what I find out hehe. I just was curious because I do love the style, but I think I probably have more important things to be spending my money on at this point. Down payment...purse...down payment...purse...my parents would disown me
3.gif

plee

Rough_Rock
Blue- I have a 28cm Hermes kelly bag. I paid $4,250 about 3 years ago. I heard the kellys are about 5,500-6,000 now.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Plee!! I''ll definitely have to remember those numbers. It is really hard to track that information down!
Hmmm...at half as much as I thought it was, really makes it look like a bargain, huh?
3.gif

plee

Rough_Rock
Blue- LOL! I told my husband it''s a bargain cause I''ll use the bagi till I''m 80! Keep in mind that the prices are for their regular leather and not the exotic line like the ostrich or crocodile.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I just got this little cutie! Ya''ll are a bad influence!

mynewnilebrown.JPG

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/17/2005 5:00:24 PM
Author: Patty
Date: 8/17/2005 4:40:33 PM

Author: moremoremore

Blue- here is an ebay ''bargain'' for the crocodile bag....Quite a deal at $33,500.00

PULEEZE, I can get my ass down to florida and wrestle me up a big gator for a couple hundred
41.gif
Even *I* draw the line at that insanity LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/35cm-HERMES-BLACK-CROCODILE-Birkin-Bag-NIB_W0QQitemZ6793328882QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

For that much money, Steve Irwin should come with the bag!

Patty & MMM

ROFLMAO!!!

Yes, that''s too rich for my blood as well. LOL!
5.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, what do you think is too big? My friend talked me into buying this bag, I loved the color...but now I can''t decide! Another friend made me paranoid that it is too big for me, and now I''m way too confused. I sort of feel like I''m carrying a tote bag so its comfortable and compared to my longchamps or herves its smaller. Any thoughts? Pay no mind to me looking like an xmas tree with the green & the red
3.gif

booker.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blue, the hermes bags start for basic leather at 4500.00 or more. Exotic skins are insane...I just waited three years for a Birkin and waited two years for a kelly...my husband laughs his butt off at me that I buy into this whole thing, but I love them. Timeless, but not easy to carry and you have to let them kind of hang over open or you never can get your stuff...but they are historical! Make friends with the manager of the boutique and DO NOT BUY OFF EBAY...I got cheated TWICE. I would never trust anyone on ebay with that stuff again! (just mho, if someone had a good experience and the stuff was real, great! I just did not have the best experience, so I would just get on a list and wait)

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Cute bag, Matatora! I dont have any dooneys, but my friend, I swear, must have like 20. I feel like every time I see her she has a new one.

Ok, so I took a picture of my favorites for the moment.

Top Left, leather prada. the first designer bag i bought for myself. i love it because no one else i''ve seen has had it! the prada is just embossed into the back.

Top Right, gucci, jackie O bag, I believe...my favorite, can use it in any season, the perfect size too. i did have a problem with the clasp breaking but it was replaced with no problems and very little inconvenience.

Bottom Left, my "easter basket" this past year from my mom. Michael Kors, suede. Normally not what I''d pick for myself, but since a lot of what I wear is solid colors, like jeans and tshirt, its a great way to add color, so I''ve been enjoying it more than I thought I would.

Bottom right, random bag from a boutique by my house, i think it was like a private label from their store, not really a label in it, but who cares, it has been fun to use this summer, white, pretty roomy and the studs just change it up a bit.

Then throw in a bunch of coach, couple small pradas, another small gucci, a bunch of longchamps, my beloved vanessa bruno tote, and then a bunch of random stuff and thats basically my purses for now
3.gif
However, maybe there''ll be a new addition soon?? I was helping my bf unpack and found a receipt from Neiman Marcus in his stuff...and I''m wondering what he got me for my birthday. But he did say it wasnt a purse, and that it was something practical, and he doesnt think purses are practical and I have too many. I couldnt bring myself to look any further, I didnt want to ruin his surprise or see how much he spent, I''ll find out soon enough but it is going to drive me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

70d.jpg

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I love your new bag (the reddish one). Great shape, NOT too big, IMHO. Who makes it?

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2005 2:04:24 AM
Author: diamondfan
Blue, the hermes bags start for basic leather at 4500.00 or more. Exotic skins are insane...I just waited three years for a Birkin and waited two years for a kelly...my husband laughs his butt off at me that I buy into this whole thing, but I love them. Timeless, but not easy to carry and you have to let them kind of hang over open or you never can get your stuff...but they are historical! Make friends with the manager of the boutique and DO NOT BUY OFF EBAY...I got cheated TWICE. I would never trust anyone on ebay with that stuff again! (just mho, if someone had a good experience and the stuff was real, great! I just did not have the best experience, so I would just get on a list and wait)
Yeah, if I''m going to spend that much I''ll be going through the store, not ebay. Too bad I can''t figure out a way to buy mine in France and then get my 20% vat back
3.gif
When you get on the list do you have to put a deposit down? My brain is battling itself...."get one" "its too much" "get one its worth it" "you should be spending your money on other things" etc...hehe, ultimately usually the "get one" side wins
9.gif
but I think I''m going to wait a little while before I decide, for me right now it is a lot to spend. But I''m really glad I got a better sense of the real numbers, looking on ebay wasnt giving me an accurate idea of the prices. I know that the ostrich and croc are more, but well, yeah I''d love an ostrich one! I love the markings! but croc isnt me, and plain ole leather will suit me fine. Thank you for the info!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
...Timeless, but not easy to carry and you have to let them kind of hang over open or you never can get your stuff...

df, Is this true for the Kelly *and* the Birkin or just the Birkin? I always thought I''d eventually stretch for a leather Kelly one day, but that would make me nervous.
33.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both bags have those strap things that you have to pull across and hook over the metal "lock" and then you turn the lock. The birkin has a different top so it is a bit easier, but they are not designed for function that is for sure. You do not have to put any money down. My store near me takes a cell number and if they call you that one has come that matches your specs you have a limited time to go and get it. You can be ultra specific about color, type of leather, size, hardware color). You basically have to jump quickly when one appears. I also know if you make friends with the manager, and you happen to be in the stoe when one comes in, you might get "dibs". I know they are not much easier to get in Europe, and I also know that most of the bags they get never make it out on the floor. (really just the Kelly and Brikin, the other styles, like this one Hobo I have that Jackie O loved supposedly) They are works of art, and will be in style in decades, nothing else will last that way, but it is still a lot of money. You can always get on the list and then not return the phone call if they do call and you decide you do not want it! A lot of stores, NY and some others, were not even taking names for the list anymore!!! I have a black Kelly and a Rouge Hermes Birkin, I would take blue jean, camel and chocolate brown...I do not love the crazy colors but they work for some people, I just prefer more neutral.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
df, did you order from hermes shop in USA? is that avarage waiting time in USA?
it''s toolk me to recived only 2-3 month from Hermes boutipue ( paris )
if you order over there, you can have your initial too. only paris order dose it.
however have to pay import tax
6.gif

I agree, I never belive E-bay herumes.....too scary.

birkin is too heavy to me..so I end up don''t use it at all.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Blue-I think that bag looks great on you. VERY CUTE, not to big at all.

I know what you mean though about the "bigness". I have the Large Gucci Horsebit Hobo and it does seem a bit large at times but the way they made it works cuz it slouches nicely right under the armpit! (Morticia actually posted one on page 1 of the thread)

nutty

Rough_Rock
Has anyone seen or have the Chloe Paddington bag?

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock

nutty

Rough_Rock
3.gif
I haven''t seen it in person yet either, just pics... but I''m loving it. At lunch today, I picked up the latest Life & Style and guess what purse is featured in it???
9.gif
I think that may be my next purse purchase.
16.gif

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/15/2005 7:01:24 PM
Author: nutty
Date: 8/15/2005 4:50:55 PM

Author: Sundial

That''s a yummy Prada bag Nutty! I didn''t see that one when I was on my handbag hunt in Vegas. MMM don''t forget to post photos when your new bag arrives!!! I have never been brave enough to buy ANYTHING off ebay although I know there some good deals to be had.

This is my first Prada! I''m very excited!!!
36.gif
I found it on www.ashford.com... I''m not brave enough to buy on Ebay either.

becareful with ashford.com - i have heard on numerous fashion forums that they have been known to sell fakes as well!

nutty

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/18/2005 9:29:47 PM
Author: twinkletoes

Date: 8/15/2005 7:01:24 PM
Author: nutty

Date: 8/15/2005 4:50:55 PM

Author: Sundial

That''s a yummy Prada bag Nutty! I didn''t see that one when I was on my handbag hunt in Vegas. MMM don''t forget to post photos when your new bag arrives!!! I have never been brave enough to buy ANYTHING off ebay although I know there some good deals to be had.

This is my first Prada! I''m very excited!!!
36.gif
I found it on www.ashford.com... I''m not brave enough to buy on Ebay either.

becareful with ashford.com - i have heard on numerous fashion forums that they have been known to sell fakes as well!
Darn.
8.gif
I knew I should have asked that before purchasing. Oh well... I can return it when it gets here.
15.gif
Thanks for letting me know though, I really appreciate the heads up!

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
no! don''t be disappointed! for some reason it seems as though this happens only occasionally. i''ve heard some are the real deal and others fake.

definitely go and have your bag authenticated!

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
here is my collection minus some of the more boring bags (oroton, kate spade)...

i really tried to like MJ bags, but couldn''t get into them.
i really really love the Chloe Paddington in red leather - yummy!

mayihaveanother.jpg

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2005 12:39:16 AM
Author: twinkletoes
here is my collection minus some of the more boring bags (oroton, kate spade)...

i really tried to like MJ bags, but couldn''t get into them.
i really really love the Chloe Paddington in red leather - yummy!
Hehe, I remember when I BEGGED my parents for the ks sam bag in HS. We probably all looked like drones: tight black pants, michael stars and a ks sam bag was the ''uniform''. How gross.

I love the gucci towards the center of your picture with the leather & fabric.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results