shape
carat
color
clarity

Handbag gals - help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great looking bag MMM! Looks like it was well taken care of.....in my own travels yesterday, I didn''t find another bag I liked, but did see a sweet Fall/Winter Prada coat that is drilling a hole in my brain
3.gif

cheers--Sharon

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, at $165 its a steal! Great purchase, MMM!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
How do you guys find this great stuff on e-bay?

It seems all my efforts turn up fakes claiming to be the real thing. How the heck do you know? MMM, you must have put a lot of time into finding that sweet buy! Congrats. it''s a super bag.

My new Saks catalog has several pages of large designer bags, really nice ones, but the prices are more than I''ll spend on a bag.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the new bag moremoremore!!
36.gif
36.gif

Heather

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!

Ann- almost all bags I see on ebay have got to be fake. I look around to buy from non power sellers and I asked lots of questions. In this case, it''s an older bag and the lady was also selling some other older designer bags. She said to feel free to get it checked out...she took pix with her son, etc...we had great communication. It was like that with my marc jacobs bag- I liked that lady so much that I visit her site frequently. She is very up front and as we speak is awaiting a new shipment from italy. My bag checked out and I contacted people who also purchased from her. You have to be VERY careful.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
MMM, when you get a bag checked out, do you take it into a store? How do you go about doing that? There was this ADORABLE MJ I saw on ebay, and while I still had no money for it right now, I know it is going to haunt me! The seller said in the listing that they wouldnt answer questions about authenticity though, so I got a little discouraged. Its easy to tell a fake coach, usually, there are a lot of horrible fake LVs and pradas, guccis you can tell sometimes by the dots between the Gs or the Gs themselves (for fun my friend & i bought a fake one in Italy and mine said CUGGI on the inside
3.gif
) People used to say to check for serial numbers, but even today when serial numbers are being added to fakes, how do you know? What kind of questions do you ask?

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2005 11:01:50 PM
Author: moremoremore
Hi guys! This thread is great...we need MORE bag candy!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I tried on the large horsebit hobo and it was BIG but nice. I just hate those pointy edges. I should have taken the stuiffing out of it. I think I''ll wait for new models to come out...

In the interim, I won this bag on ebay! I''m 10000000% sure it''s real...the lady is really nice and selling some older style bags like the one I just wone. This might be too big but for the price I got it as, I can use it only for travel or work and still get more than my $''s worth!!!!!!!
Thank you, God...she finally has a bag!
32.gif
2.gif
9.gif

Seriosuly...LOVE it.... Vintage is so cool...I have a to-die-for 80s Fendi with big gaudy brass Fs that everyone swoons over.... Yay!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2005 11:01:50 PM
Hi guys! This thread is great...we need MORE bag candy!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I tried on the large horsebit hobo and it was BIG but nice. I just hate those pointy edges. I should have taken the stuiffing out of it. I think I''ll wait for new models to come out...
HI"

Wore mine on Sat and the horsebit makes it quite heavy
8.gif
...you made a great choice and you can get your cats in there too....

cheers--Sharon

nutty

Rough_Rock
This little Prada is on it''s way to my doorstep...
27.gif

38937.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
30.gif

blue- i'll pm ya tonight

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I have discovered Fendi and really love 2 of their bags. But retail on one is around $800. and I think that "it" bag (Spy ?) is over $1,000.

Now, with a bag retailing at those prices, how could they be sold for 589.00!!!!! So, I am assuming all the ones I am seeing on e-bay are fakes. Probably good ones though.

So if anyone ever finds a honest discounter on e-bay. let us know. Well, now that I just typed that, I''m thinking, heck why would they give out their source!!! Oh well, maybe I''ll pay retail after all.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That's a yummy Prada bag Nutty! I didn't see that one when I was on my handbag hunt in Vegas. MMM don't forget to post photos when your new bag arrives!!! I have never been brave enough to buy ANYTHING off ebay although I know there some good deals to be had.

nutty

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/15/2005 4:50:55 PM
Author: Sundial
That''s a yummy Prada bag Nutty! I didn''t see that one when I was on my handbag hunt in Vegas. MMM don''t forget to post photos when your new bag arrives!!! I have never been brave enough to buy ANYTHING off ebay although I know there some good deals to be had.

This is my first Prada! I''m very excited!!!
36.gif
I found it on www.ashford.com... I''m not brave enough to buy on Ebay either.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much !!!

Gotta go luck now.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my new Coach. Bought it at a Coach Outlet for $100. It''s great and big and Ilove it!

New Black Coach Hobo2.JPG

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, here''s some more! (Sorry about the other horrible picture!) I wish I could post all in one post. Sorry!

MyLouisCollection2.JPG

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Forgot the big guy! Ok, I''m done...till tommorow I guess!!

LargeLouis2.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Angel they look great.
(I could kick myself for not checking out the Coach outlet while I was at the beach- darn
7.gif
)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Great bags Angel, thanks for sharing! I love your Louis Vuitton bags!!! Which tote is that? I have the Cabas Piano, but yours looks bigger.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys! I have a purse obsession. I believe mine is the Cabos Mezzo. It''s quite large but not the largest one!
Here''s some more from my coach collection!

MyCoachCollection2.JPG

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/14/2005 12:56:58 AM
I think it''s from the 80s LOL....I''m excited though. May use it as a carry on if it''s really big. The seller was so nice. She has several bags cleaning out her closet...not one of those power sellers so I''m excited. I paid 165 for it and I''m SO sure it''s real! Nice!

Thanks for all your help everyone :)

Excellent bag MMM! If you get a good seller Ebay can be a treat(vs. a trick). I bought an authentic YSL Flower bag on ebay a few months ago. I''d planned to get one when they first came out but just never got around to it. So, if you''re careful, it can be useful if you miss a collection/season.

It''s funny how bag-crazy many of us are. LOL! I feel much better now!
41.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2005 3:12:15 AM
Author: flower12
those are my Favorite bag''s.

I have the LV amazone since I was 17.
3.gif

Beautiful collection Flower!! Wow! I''ll have to get a Kelly one day.
18.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2005 9:28:10 AM
3.gif

Yup, the american elle!

I did a google for quilted louis and only one ugly bag came up...I''ll keep looking!

I''m SO going to saks tonight. Husband is going out so I''m in the clear! It is 6:00 yet?

Ok thanks MMM! I''ve got it but haven''t had the time to scour for the LV yet... Hopefully when the gremlin(ds) is asleep tonight. Yes, he''s still up & it''s 10:11(Teletubbies and Boobah torture time).
40.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2005 7:38:42 PM
http://secure.netsolhost.com/198466.201450/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SS&Product_Code=fendispyallblackleather&Category_Code=Fendi

That one is all leather $499. I trust her 100%. She fully admits that she has someone get them for her in Italy dirt cheap and sells them for profit. She encourages you to get it checked out. her communication is awesome.
$499.00 is just the 1/2 deposit !!

I wish it was the full price.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OOPS! LOL...Sorry. I should have known but I don't know anything about the bag's pricing. Sorry LOL, how I didn't get your hopes up
14.gif

Great bags Angel!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
MMM-Thank You and that Fendi bag....
6.gif
. Love it!!
Sorry all that my pics are so big and annoying!

MJS51102

Rough_Rock
LV''s last FOREVER, I have vintage LV''s passed down from my grandmother and my mother and they still look amazing! I also like Hermes bags, their material is of great quality and they also don''t lose their value. Christian Dior is nice too but you really have to be a fashionista to pull them off since they have such unique looks to them! I live between 5th Ave and Madison Ave on 60 st and I can''t help but buy LV''s allmost every other day since it''s literally lik 3-4 blocks away from me! lol

glitterkitty

Shiny_Rock
Oh this thread is wonderul. Diamonds and handbags in one place - what more could a girl ask for!

I am on cloud nine as I have just taken delivery of a bag I have wanted since I was 14 years old. I have just received a Chanel 255 and I am so happy. i love love love it
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
. My Gucci, LV mongram Alma and my two Burberry have been relegated for the time being,
8.gif
but at least I still have them
9.gif
, although Burberry are something of a no no over here these days
20.gif

Next up is an Hermes Birkin or Kelly - I just hope I get it sooner than my Chanel
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results