shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo Reset - 4.19 RB - Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
I''m a longtime lurker who recently started posting. My reset came back a couple of weeks ago, but not being the best photographer I''ve been lazy about posting pictures. I just took a few, so here they are...

I''m just going to post one first to check the size. I can''t believe how long it takes me to figure out how to get it to the right size!

resized 100_0466.jpg

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Here is a closer up shot...

resized 100_0467.jpg

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Close up with the loupe

resized 100_0469.jpg

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Side view

resized 100_0471.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! What are the specs on the diamond????It''s huge
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Congrats on the reset!

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
OH....my....LORD!!

What a ring!

The stone, the pave, the setting, it''s all perfect! Gorgeous!!

You must be thrilled.

How are you keeping it so clean?

Where did you get the stone?

Do you have specs?

Where did you get the setting? Is it custom?

Have I asked enough questions?

Oh, and did I mention, I LOVE IT!!

Best,
LizzyD

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
I took this shot in the shade. That''s all I have for now, but here are some particulars that I know the pricescope crowd likes to know - the stone is K color VVS2 clarity with medium blue flourescence - ring size is 3.

resized 100_0473.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
those were all my questions too lizzyd!

gosh! i freakin love this! not many dare put a halo on a diamond of this size. but i have to say, this halo is so delicate and so perfect!

oh, please please post many more pics!

magpye

Rough_Rock
H
23.gif
LY M
23.gif
LY! I''m speechless. Can''t beleive its a K!!!! Wear it in good health.
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS K and what teensy little fingers - they make the diamond look MONSTROUS! I too need finger lipo as the saying goes..
15.gif
I love a good K! Great choice and even more yummo with the flourescence
18.gif

I have to ask what is the name of the nail polish? It is really rosy and delicate - I like it!

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the compliments! I was so busy resizing photos I didn''t see the responses until now!

I had the ring custom made in platinum by a local jeweler (that I used to work part time for many years ago!) They sent it to one of their vendors to make. It actually came back in June, but had quite a few "design problems" and had to go back. The second time it''s perfect! The ring actually hasn''t been cleaned in over a week - I don''t wear it around the house or doing housework - can''t stand it when my diamonds are dirty!

Thanks again for all the compliments - I can''t believe how much bigger the halo makes the stone look!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! I was thinking how beautiful her nails were, too!

Gorgeous ring! Wow! I am getting a new appreciation for K stones!

A guy on Rocky Talk is looking for a setting like this. Who made yours?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy cow! Your reset is gorgeous!

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Lorelei - The nail polish is called Mademoiselle by Essie. It always gets voted "Best Neutral Nail Polish" by In Style and Alllure magazines, but it looks so pink I was afraid to try it. Now that I have, I haven''t worn anything else!

Thanks again for the compliments - this ring is so different style-wise from the old setting. The old setting was very large and I loved it, but I really fell in love with halos. This setting really draws attention to the diamond, where the other setting was huge and very wide. I still have it, but I am really loving this new look!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2006 11:22:48 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Holy cow! Your reset is gorgeous!

dee jay, i was thinking this ring is right up your alley
3.gif

MY goodness Ivnut...your ring is huge and a size 3
23.gif
. it''s truly amazing and what a gorgeous K stone...

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring looks fabulous! It looks so big on your teeny tiny finger.

Enjoy it!

What was it set in before?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Ivnut, I am particular about pink polishes, I love them, but it is so hard to find the perfect pink. I bought one this weekend which is nice, Revlon ''Touch of Mauve'', but I really like yours! I will have to look out for it. Your nails look superb, especially with your fabulous ring!

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker - not sure where the guy lives who is looking for this kind of setting, but the ring was done by Radcliffe Jewelers in Towson, Maryland (although they sent it to one of their vendors in Philly who did the work).

Thanks for the compliments on my nails! I do them myself (I''m so low maintenance - haha!) A couple of times I wanted to take pictures but the polish had started to chip and I didn''t want them to look ratty next to the ring!

Dee Jay - thanks for the compliment! Didn''t you recently get a larger diamond or am I thinking of someone else? (I haven''t been on here in awhile.)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is one huge diamond! I love the delicate, barely there halo. It is a beautiful diamond. And a size 3 finger!
23.gif
Mara will be SO jealous.

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Lorelei - It is hard to find a nice neutral pink polish - I used to wear Ballet Slippers by Essie but it looks a little too opaque.

Eva17 - it was set in a setting the 6.5 carats of princess cut diamonds - the two middle rows were 4 diamonds on each side of the weighing .25 carats each invisibly set and the front and back row were graduated channel set princess cuts each row was another 1.25 carats. It was big and I did love it! So this really is a completely different look! I just wanted to make my diamond look larger and this definitely did the trick. Maybe I can take a picture of the mounting (with the gaping hole where my diamond used to be!) and post it.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are no words.
6.gif
That honker, no, that SEARCHLIGHT is jaw-dropping!!! May I ask, how was it set prior to the halo?

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
That would be really cool if you could post the old setting. Just for fun
37.gif

(sounds like you could make a nice bracelet or something else with all those stones from the other setting)

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Eva17 and KristyDarling - Here is a picture of my diamond before it was reset. It''s next the "inspiration ring" in the jewelry store.

comparisonresizedcloseup.jpg

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another shot - I was holding my hands away from the weird lights in the jewelry store that makes the diamonds look grayish or greenish!

oldringnext to halo.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you made a great choice re-setting that stone. Now it really shines center stage! It was sort of "lost" in the old setting. Congratulations!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! Nowhere to upgrade on that baby. It''s gorgeous, and your hands are nice too. And your nails.

I hate you.
2.gif

Congrats!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~OMG!!!!! It''s stunning!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
KristyDarling - It was a tough decision for me - I agree the diamond was a little lost, but I got so many compliments and I do love big rings! My old ring got so much attention that I wouldn''t even wear it when shopping with my aunt - she used to get really irritated by all the interruptions of people asking about my ring - especially if we stopped for lunch!
20.gif

Ellen - The curse of having long thin fingers is that smaller rings look little on me!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I think that ring looks ANYTHING but LITTLE on you!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lvnut - I recently got a 3.37 but I''m considering something larger. I saw a 5.14 yesterday that was pretty *spectacular* but possibly (dare I say it?) even a bit toooooo big.

And yes, Mrs. S., right up my alley indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results