shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo Reset - 4.19 RB - Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
gosh your nails are beautiful! what a way to showcase that amazing ring!
30.gif
you''ve got an awesome package there!
2.gif

as for making the ring your avatar, just find the pic you want and reduce the size http://www.pricescope.com/forum/faq1/how-to-upload-reduce-pictures-for-posting-t41381.html (don''t make it too small!) then go to your ''personal section'' (right under the search button) and check the custom avatar box, then ''browse'' your computer for the pic and submit.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/8/2006 9:44:06 AM
Author: lvnut
Wow - thank you all so much for your compliments on my ring! I left the house early yesterday for physical therapy, doctor''s appointment and dinner and am just now checking in. I will try to take some more pictures today.

Diamondfan - I am not sure what to do with the old setting. Someone had mentioned a bracelet, but I already have a diamond bangle with 3 rows of invisibly set princess cuts totalling 9 carats so that''s out. I had thought about having a princess cut to fill in where the head is now and wearing it as a band, but I already have a wide diamond band that I wear as a RHR, so I don''t really think I need another one - especially since I love that one so much I don''t think I''d wear the one with the princess cuts. Flopkins had mentioned a tanzanite, but I already have two tanzanite rings already. Anyone else have any ideas?

Ann - Glad you love your Vette as much as I love mine! Did you do Museum Delivery with the ''06 also? We had tried to do Museum Delivery when we got our ''00 Magnetic Red Convertible, but the color was on restriction and the deal fell through
29.gif
. I was able to locate the car in Michigan so we flew there and drove it back. It was fun, but the next Vette will definitely be Museum Delivery - hopefully next spring. Do you go to Carlisle in August?
Yes, I did the museum delivery on the ''06. It was a little strange for a female to be doing it alone. Hubby was home with a bad knee replacement. He was sick he couldn''t make it. That has to be the greatest experience any Vette lover can do. 3 hours of a personal tour in the factory and all the line workers walking over and personally talking to you about your car. They love building the Vette, it''s obvious. I could not wipe the smile off my face the entire time I was in the factory, knowing my new baby was waiting for me back at the museum. Once back at the museum, my guide spent about 2-3 hrs. going over the car with me and explaining everything. Believe me, I absorbed very little. It toook 1 1/2 days to get home to Houston, I was scared driving, but oh what a thrill. This car is takes 10 years off me everytime I get in !
We do go to Carlisle, but I''m sure we will in the future. Do you frequent the Corvette Forum? Loads of great info there.
Your ring is just dynamite. I actually posted some pictures in Hangout (I think) quoting the new Vette was my upgrade!

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Belle - Thanks for the info about how to do the avatar. It sounds complicated so I may try it when I have a little bit more patience!

Ann - Sounds like you really enjoyed Museum Delivery! I have actually done the plant tour and went to the museum also. We drove from Maryland to Kentucky for the 50th Anniversary Event in 2003. It was an absolute blast and one of the highlights of my life! (I know - I am total Vette nut!)

I know what you mean about the car taking 10 years off you when you get in - this is our fourth Vette and I still can''t wipe the smile off my face when I''m driving it - especially with the top down! Last year I was diagnosed with breast cancer (at age 40 - routine mammogram with no family history) and I can honestly say that getting in that car and driving along with the music blaring helped me through a very rough time. It was a way to not think about the health stuff and just enjoy myself.

Let me know if you decide to go to Carlisle - we will be going Saturday, August 26th (it''s a three day event). Would love to meet you and see your gorgeous car!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
H
23.gif
LY M
23.gif
LY!! That is breathtaking!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Ivnut

I''m so sorry to hear about your breast cancer, how are you doing?

Yes, the top down (off in my case, I have a coupe) the music blaring, and a wide open highway, oh man!
I am driving to Austin later this week and taking it, can''t wait.
I''ve read about Carlisle and would love to go, but we didn''t plan it on time and hubby is swamped at his office.
I was telling my husband about your stunning ring this evening and jokingly said I guess now your Vette is my upgrade, again.
I''ll get the diamond when I figure out just what it is I really want. Yours would be perfect!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOSH!! Lvnut you posted!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy that you did, I was afraid you'd forgotten to share this gorgeous re-mount. You HAVE to put this in the K thread, I'll dig it up for you. Congratulations, I love it, love it, love it. I bet you're loving wearing it too
36.gif

Here it is! K stones in Platinum/WG

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lvnut, while your ring is amazing, your continued good health is what is most vital. I am hoping all is well and you continue to be healthy...and enjoy your bling too!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/9/2006 12:56:28 AM
Author: diamondfan
Lvnut, while your ring is amazing, your continued good health is what is most vital. I am hoping all is well and you continue to be healthy...and enjoy your bling too!
DITTO dear DF!
36.gif
36.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
WOW Lvnut - beautiful hands, stunning reset and that stone is just so amazing!!!!! Congrats to you on fighting that horrible breast cancer, and I hope you will continue to wear that beauty in health and happiness, for many years to come!

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your compliments and well wishes for my health! I had no idea when I was diagnosed how much I would have to go through and the amount of time it would take to "put me back together." I have had 9 surgeries and just had my last reconstructive procedure 3 weeks ago. All of my doctors have been awesome, especially the breast cancer surgeon and his staff. I don't know what I would have done without their kindness and support!

Ann - that's funny you were telling your husband about my ring last night because I was telling my husband about your upcoming '07 Vette! Are you keeping both of them? (I assumed you were) What color is the new one going to be?

Belle - Thanks for the info on how to do the avatar! I did it, but I really think I need to take some better pictures...

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
lvnut....I am so sorry to hear about your breast cancer. I know all too well about the surgeries and treatment (with my mom). I hope it all works out for you. It''s tough but you hang in there and we''ll be hanging right here with you!

That ring...OMG!!!!!!! Is that incredible or what? OMG!!!!!! I love how delicate the halo and band look and the claw prongs! WOW! Just incredible! Did I say incredible? okay, how about STUNNING! It looks absolutely fabulous on your hand. Your diamond is much more in the spotlight in this ring. It kinda got lost in the "bling" of your other ring. Nice change! I hope it brings you much joy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have to quit going out of town and missing these marvellous rings!!! I love the reset choice!! And of course your beautiful elegant hands too....
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your lovely upgrade, and best of luck to you.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Lvnut, you''ve been through so much, I am glad you are doing well and that the worse is behind you now. And wow do you have a delicious ring. It looks incredible! And yes, I agree with the others, you have beautiful hands.

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the compliments on the reset!

Didiamond - your rings are awesome! I almost came out of lurkdom a year ago just to comment on them. For some reason I am "shy" on the internet - but not at all in real llife! Hope your mom is doing well.

Sharon - I saw your new gorgeous stone a month ago - I bet you''re really enjoying it. I would love to have a radiant someday...

laya

Rough_Rock
lvnut....your ring is beautiful.I''m familiar with Radcliff and would be interested in getting a ring like yours...but much smaller! my husband and i are coming up to our 28th! anniversery .in the fall.. The way that they set the halo is superb...I am closer to the Pikesville location tho, my sister lives near that store..Would you have a name I could could talk to there....or should I just deal with the Towsen location..do they have similar halo''s there.,you said they sent your ring to Philly to be made....anyway..it is beautifully made ..and hope you''re health remains wonderful.thanks..... .

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laya I just wanted to say welcome to Pricescope and congrats on your 28th anniversary!
36.gif
36.gif

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Laya -

They have many versions of the halo setting at the Towson store - different sizes and shapes of center stones, some with bezels, some without, some with milgraining, some with colored diamonds in the halo and quite a few with yellow diamond centers and white diamond halos. They also have split shank, triple split shank, one sided pave, three sided pave, pretty much anything you can think of. You can definitely find what you want there! I have only been to the Pikesville location once - they had some but it didn''t seem to be as many as what they had at Towson, but they did have an absolutely awesome 7 carat cushion with halo - which was fun to try on anyway!

If you go to Towson, talk to Susan, Lucas or Mark. I don''t want to give out my full name on the internet, but if you print the pictures and say it is Kathy''s ring - they will know for sure who you mean. (I used to work there about 14 years ago part time and have spent quite a bit of time in there recently!) They would definitely recognize my hands and the odd ring size as well.

Congratulations on your anniversary and I hope you get the ring of your dreams! If you need anymore info, please let me know...

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
I don''t know how I could stay away from Pricescope with beauties like that!!! Oh my goodness! It is sooooo beautiful! And looks great in the Halo setting!!!!! LOVE IT!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
in the past i''ve admitted to not being much of a halo fan, and that''s still true.

however, the improvement of the new setting over the old setting is, imo, incredible: your center diamond got lost in the original setting but now it is the STAR of the show! it looks simple and elegant even with all the wattage going on!

i think i prefer a halo with larger center stones..........

movie zombie

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Thank you both for the compliments on my ring! I''m so glad that everyone likes it better than the old setting...especially since most of my friends told me I was not going to be happy because the ring itself would be smaller. But like I told them, the diamond looks bigger - and that''s what I was going for! Plus I love my diamond and I wanted to put it in the spotlight - where it should be!

Thanks again!

mara54

Shiny_Rock
All I can say is Wow, Wow, Wow!!! Just beautiful!! Hope to get one of those babies someday. Also would like to say I like your other set also, very pretty!!
35.gif

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
First off let me say that ring is LOVELY! It''s sooo elegant! Your old setting was nice too but your right, this setting just spotlights your stone and lets it stand out like it should!

Is radcliff the big jewelry store in Towson Town Center? The really nice one right by the mall entrance? I''m trying to place it...

Also, I have a question. You''ve mentioned that you have changed your setting quite a few times. I''m thinking about changing my setting too but a lot of the styles I like my wedding band won''t match. Do you have a wedding band as well? Have you managed to match it to all your settings? Or just not wear it?

Thanks!

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Thank you both for the compliments! Sorry I am so late in responding, but I have been MIA for awhile.

DevientDrow - Yes - Radcliffe''s is in Towson Town Center on the first floor right by the entrance of the mall on the Dulaney Valley Road side (you seem familiar with the area!) I can keep myself busy in there for hours trying stuff on...

I do not wear a separate wedding band - I just like the look of one ring and have always worn it that way. Good luck in your search!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results