shape
carat
color
clarity

guess the stone points and advice on DBTY

q8girl

Rough_Rock
How many pointers are the stones in the pic?
I am slowly trying to make my collection of classic pieces. My next project is a dbty and I'm mighty confused. I want something simple with a thin chain which will make the diamonds float around my neck. At the moment I am unable to decide how much of bling is enough and have graded my options in the increasing order of bling (as I perceive). As usual we turn to pricescope when in doubt. I have seen the dbty threads and haven't found anything above 20 pointers.
My options for a 16" YG chain (plus 2" extender)
1. ACA from WF with 9 diamonds 15 pointers each
2. ACA 3 station with 1ctw
3. GIA 3x, 5 station with 25 pointers each.
which option would you pick for the perfect bling?
Thank you for your help!!!

0544e1d517f5521664fd8397b1b8a56d.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd do the 9 15-pointers (or 20 pointers if budget allowed). Honestly, it would drive me nuts to have 3 or 5 stones with the chain constantly having to be adjusted. I'd rather have the smaller stones all the way around so when it shifts, you still see evenly spaced stones. For another look and addition to the basics list, I'd have a single diamond pendant that is much larger (I like the size to be between the e-ring stone and a stud earring). I like the regular DBTY to be more delicate and casual for everyday wear. I have a 15 point bracelet and a 36" long one with 14 pointers that I can double if I want to wear it short.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to guess on the stones in the picture. I'd guess 25 points each.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1467210237|4049651 said:
I'd do the 9 15-pointers (or 20 pointers if budget allowed). Honestly, it would drive me nuts to have 3 or 5 stones with the chain constantly having to be adjusted. I'd rather have the smaller stones all the way around so when it shifts, you still see evenly spaced stones. For another look and addition to the basics list, I'd have a single diamond pendant that is much larger (I like the size to be between the e-ring stone and a stud earring). I like the regular DBTY to be more delicate and casual for everyday wear. I have a 15 point bracelet and a 36" long one with 14 pointers that I can double if I want to wear it short.

EXACTLY.

q8girl

Rough_Rock
Thank you DS and LLJsmom. Yeah shifting will be a problem, plus the flipping, plus does the culet poke?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the size of that DBTY. I just want to add that I have a BGD DBTY with 8 point stones and it is a perfect necklace chain. I wear it every day. So the one in the pic is AWESOME, but a small one is lovely to wear with other pendants you may have as well! :dance: :dance: :dance:

q8girl

Rough_Rock
Thank you luv2sparkle. I really love the look in the pic but if the stones keep shifting it will be a problem. I do not wear anything around my neck on an everyday basis so I want something dainty and fuss free.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The necklace that BGD made for me has F colored stones so the stones can be seen even when worn alone. It is not a huge-look-at-me-statement piece, but it does show up and has a very delicate look to it. You could even go with 10-15 point stones and still have a very delicate look. If the bail on a pendant was large enough you could still wear it that way as well. But if you don't wear pendants then it wouldn't matter. Whatever you decide a DBTY is a nice classic piece.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results