shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Greatest Christmas gift ever? 10.2ct Diamond Ring

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When I first looked at the close up shot I though, wow 10cts isn't as big in a marquis as I'd imagined....the I read down to the other full hand shots and my eyes popped out-thats massive! I wish I had a gran with such lovely rocks tucked away for my Crimbo pressies!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good lord. What a ROCK. And what an incredible gift - and your grandmother will be able to enjoy your happiness :bigsmile:

Will you be keeping it in its setting?

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Oh you poor girl! Does it hurt?

Cos a massive ROCK just landed right smack on your finger!!!

Seriously - why is it so big? I mean we keep saying this and that rock is huge... but this one is HUGE. Like: your finger will develop definition from wearing and lifting it around kind of huge!

Ok, I'll stop now.

Its BIG! Ok. Now I'll stop.

Oh and P.S.: Awesome Grandma!

shortstack

Rough_Rock
Holy blingin' bling, Batman!! :o

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
OhMyWOW!!! My eyes popped out when I saw how huge this marquise is!!! :love: And I think we'd all love to be adopted by your grandma!!! :bigsmile: What a great gift and really neat that she gets to see you enjoy her gift too!

MORE pics PLEASE!!!!! :appl:

joflier

Ideal_Rock
What an amazing heirloom!!! Congratulations and merry Christmas! When my grandma passed away, I got her knitted dishtowels......just not quite the same. Heehee. Seriously though, that's a beautiful ring!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG GINORMOUS. I would be flipped out to even own such a thing. GOSH. I can't imagine where you'd even where it, but it sure is beautiful, and awesome, in the literal meaning of inspiring awe.

TheGeckoLady|1324957758|3089032 said:
I think she really bought it because her brother's wife was always trying to one up her on jewelry and she knew she couldn't out do this one.

That's probably the best "why I have a huge diamond" story I've ever heard.

Sparklee

Rough_Rock
Sweet Jeezers!! What a stunning diamond..... I love the big chunky facets and think it's absolutely beautiful. Congrats to you for having such and awesome Grandma!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Go Grammy!

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
That is one heck of a boulder!!! :love: How wonderful to have something so precious from your grandmother. I second kenny on having it sent to GIA for grading. Wear it with love and pride. Congrats on hitting the (grand)mother load!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a truly amazing stone!! I'm fascinated by it - it's not often you see such a rock! It's gorgeous, and I love the back story! Too funny! A very special heirloom, I'm sure you will enjoy this for years to come!

mrsjacob

Shiny_Rock
More photos, more photos!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. That is one large and in charge marquise! Love the antique faceting. Wear it in good health!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I looked up the Cullinan diamond. Cullinan VI is a marquise of "only" 8.8 cts.

http://famousdiamonds.tripod.com/cullinandiamonds.html

9 (IX?) is a pear of "only" I think it's between 4-5.

So this is a huge diamond.

As everyone else has said, I would enjoy seeing more pictures/ learning more about it!

TheGeckoLady

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, I've been MIA. For some reason the beginning of the year has been even busier than the holidays! I finally took some more pictures today so I'll get them up as soon as possible.

TheGeckoLady

Shiny_Rock
I had so much fun wearing it over the holidays! I'm hoping to send it to GIA at some point but for now it's in the bank vault for safe keeping.

I'm having a little trouble uploading pictures but here's a couple for now.

IMG_0013_1.jpg IMG_0017_0.jpg

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Wow that’s too gorgeous for words!! :love:

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
That is some beautiful rock!!!!!!
I’m sure you have been enjoying it!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results