shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Watches - What watch do you wear or would love to wear?

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I wear some fairly ordinary Invictas on a daily basis, but I just got a tiny, platinum and diamond dress watch restored that works very nicely with my Ritani set.

My dream watches are very tame: I want to get the wonderful, faceted crystal replaced on a vintage Seiko that was just like my mother''s. I''d love a Cartier tank. I would really love a fully restored, very early Rolex.

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a two-tone Cartier Tank Francais. I love it, and it''s the only watch I even own. I''d like to have a skin-strap (maybe crocodile?) watch, however. Probably a yellow gold Tank with a brown croc strap!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 5:16:17 PM
Author: Gleam
I wear a two-tone Cartier Tank Francais. I love it, and it''s the only watch I even own. I''d like to have a skin-strap (maybe crocodile?) watch, however. Probably a yellow gold Tank with a brown croc strap!

Hi Gleam,

I love the Cartier Tank Francais, the Louis too.. I hope you will post a picture. In fact, wish more people would post pictures of favorite watches..

Here''s one of mine..Happy Sport. I hope this gets some photos started..

bunnywatch23.jpg

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 8:16:19 PM
Author: gardengloves
Date: 1/2/2010 5:16:17 PM

Hi Gleam,

I love the Cartier Tank Francais, the Louis too.. I hope you will post a picture. In fact, wish more people would post pictures of favorite watches..

Here's one of mine..Happy Sport. I hope this gets some photos started..

gardengloves, I LOVE Chopard... I would love to have one of the Happy watches with diamonds loose in the face. I love your fun pink strap. Beautiful watch, you lucky woman!

Here is a pic where you can see my Cartier... sorry it's cut off, but I was just trying to take a pic of the ring!

IMG00016-20091231-0721.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
My goodness Gleam, What a beautiful stone. Is there a thread on this beauty? if so please direct me. How gorgeous!

CLEICS

Rough_Rock
I wear a Dior Christal set with 16 tiny diamonds and I love it!!!! My dream watch is a Cartier Tank Francais so classic it makes me sigh!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My watch is a pretty inexpensive Tissot. It works for me though, anything more expensive and I would worry about bashing it on something!
9.gif

maisietissot4i9.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for the photos

Maisie, your watch looks great with your ring, it really compliments it. Your ering is gorgeous. Gleams too.

I was reading on other threads that some wonder if a watch is a distraction from the ering, especially chunky watches - but I wear both on the same hand. I honestly never thought of that issue, but its an interesting question.

I''ve had a harder time finding a bracelet that would work with a watch. Everything I''ve tried looks too busy or would actually scratch and damage the watch. So its just watch and ering on the left hand for me.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
I should have posted my picture with the ring, since i''ve read some threads about watches possibly distracting from the ering.

I''m a huge watch fan, and think its a great compliment to an ering.

bunnychopard&ring5.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a Franck Muller, a Tiffany, and an antique Rolex. I'm eyeing a Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
My father has an extremely handsome yellow gold JLC reverso for everyday, although I can''t remember what particular style of reverso it is. It has an ostrich-skin band. Even though it''s definitely too big for my wrist, I covet it.
11.gif
I have a plain stainless steel ladies movado junior sport for everyday and an impulse buy Gucci bracelet watch for dress-up. I want to replace this one with a better watch, but haven''t decided on what yet. I love the movado though, the museum face is so classic and simple, it goes with nearly everything, it''s just a little too chunky for fancy wear.

Sadly, my fiance shows little to no interest in watches - I wanted to get him a nice one for Christmas this year as an engagement present and he declined, asking instead for deep-dish ceramic pie tins...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, but your fiance will bake for you. So romantic.

I''m trying to dig up a photo of the JLC I''d like. It''s a reverso. The ''plain'' side has diamonds arranged in an Art Deco style.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
I wear a white 33mm Chanel J12 with diamond markers for everyday. It is a very sturdy watch!

For evenings out, I have a white gold and steel Rolex Lady Datejust. Sadly, this watch is starting to look too small to me compared to the J12.
39.gif

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2010 6:53:42 PM
Author: Harriet
Aw, but your fiance will bake for you. So romantic.

I''m trying to dig up a photo of the JLC I''d like. It''s a reverso. The ''plain'' side has diamonds arranged in an Art Deco style.

Sounds lovely Harriet! I hope you can find one, I have a mild love affair with reverso. And yes, he does bake for me, actually we met because of one of his apple pies.
2.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I have a Cartier Trinity and a KLS Hello Kitty
9.gif

My 15th anniversary/40th bday is approaching. I am eyeing the Chanel Camelia or something by Chopard
31.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Want a shopping buddy?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is it! http://www.essentialwatches.com/listing_detail.asp?brandID=17&classificationCount=&itemID=3728

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 12:25:48 PM
Want a shopping buddy?

Absolutely! I wish I could be your shopping buddy Thursday (
39.gif
wah wah wah)
Let me know when you migrate back
4.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''ll still find time for Max Brenner''s right?

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 6:20:28 PM
We''ll still find time for Max Brenner''s right?

That will be our first stop.
18.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I''m 100% obsessed with vintage watches atm - I just purchased an engraved WG filled Bulova (I believe 1930''s) which I can''t wait to receive; and I would like to now purchase a Hamilton - but instead of a vintage Hamilton, a new one with a vintage look for more easy wear/maintenance.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
arjunajane - we must see pictures of this circa 1930''s Bulova when it arrives.. sounds amazing, congratulations!

Iluvcarats - I''d love to see a picture of the Cartier Trinity

LabRat - let''s see the Chanel handshot

and Harriet - I''ve got to see the antique Rolex hand shot

This is PS folks, pictures rule...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a ditz. I''ll be at a huge antique and estate fair tomorrow and didn''t bring my watch. I''ll bet the first person I meet is an ace watch restorer.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2010 9:29:32 PM
arjunajane - we must see pictures of this circa 1930''s Bulova when it arrives.. sounds amazing, congratulations!

you betcha garden - it is in very fine condition, it just needs some slight restoration on the dial and numbers I believe..
I will be happy to post before and afters :)

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock

I will do that later today.
I have my first snowboarding lesson today
23.gif
Wish me luck...

This is the watch of my dreams, but at $40,000, that is where it must stay
8.gif

It''s from VCA

VanCleefArpels-C.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Here is my Cartier Trinity GG

cartiertrinitywatch01.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
and Kitty wanted to say hello too
1.gif

hellokittywatch001.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 8:13:41 AM
Author: iluvcarats

23.gif
Wish me luck...

8.gif

It''s from VCA

It''s hideous. That charm will snag on everything. ;-)
2.gif
2.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 4:18:31 PM
Date: 1/21/2010 8:13:41 AM

Author: iluvcarats

23.gif
Wish me luck...

8.gif

It''s from VCA

It''s hideous. That charm will snag on everything. ;-)

2.gif
2.gif

9.gif
LOL
I couldn''t agree more. Who needs all that trouble?
2.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Currently i''m sporting a bright green fossil number but I would LOVE to have this Omega. I actually have a watch that was my grandfather''s that has fake stones set into it that i''m thinking of taking out and recreating this look with. Fingers crossed that it''s not gonna be too terribly expensive.

1460-79-00.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results