#JOTW Great-grandma's aqua reset by SN Queens Jewelry

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She looks beautiful in her new setting!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I got another shot today (while I was trying to do a photo shoot with Buddy)

IMG_5701.JPG

IMG_5704.JPG

IMG_5739.JPG

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I take it Buddy is not into jewellry the way that we are?? :wink2: :lol:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous, Athena! I love the color of the stone and the setting is beautiful! :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Enerchi|1329689277|3129538 said:
I take it Buddy is not into jewellry the way that we are?? :wink2: :lol:
LOL - he'd much rather watch golf with his dad!

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
Hi Athena,

I just want to say that I absolutely LOVE your grandmother's aquamarine. It's gorgeous...you and your grandfather did an amazing job when you selected it. :appl: You did a fantastic job on the reset, too...the new setting suits the stone perfectly. Your grandma would be thrilled...

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fabulous in its new setting (I loved the old one, too!)! And how special that it matches Buddy's eyes so well! The ring looks amazing in your latest pics :love:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! It's gorgeous. :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A few more. I think you've all got the idea now. ;-)

IMG_5701.JPG

IMG_5753.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Such a fantastic stone AND ring... you did a great job!! I just love that color of that aqua. So beautiful!

kohl_mascara

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!! I actually visited SN Queens while looking at diamonds/rings with my guy last month. Their work reminded me a lot of Single Stone - lots of OEC, beautiful vintage inspired pieces, and the ladies who worked there were so nice and kind. Thank you for doing a review of them, now I'll have to treat them a little more seriously and not treat them like "all the other" shops!!

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
It's gorgeous! It's a shame your cat doesn't share its refinement. :lol:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kohl_mascara|1329786838|3130471 said:
Beautiful!! I actually visited SN Queens while looking at diamonds/rings with my guy last month. Their work reminded me a lot of Single Stone - lots of OEC, beautiful vintage inspired pieces, and the ladies who worked there were so nice and kind. Thank you for doing a review of them, now I'll have to treat them a little more seriously and not treat them like "all the other" shops!!
They just opened a spot up on the fifth floor along with their street location. That kinda brings them up a little in my book. And they have a boatload of more things up there. It's major bling ****.

omc111

Rough_Rock
Love, love, love your reset. The ring is a beautiful tribute to your grandma. Wear it in good health!

And BTW, your kitty is beautiful!!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Just lovely! The new setting does full justice to both the lovely aqua and your memories. Wear it with pride and pleasure :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this?!! This is absolutely gorgeous! I totally want! AW, I think I'm just gonna follow you around and do what you do! :love: :love:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Ooohhh...Congratulations you have Jewel of the Week.

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
I also somehow missed this thread, even though I've been checking up on your aquamarine adventure. When I saw it on the "Jewel of the week" my first thought without clicking was "It's Athena worth's grandma's Aqua!" Congrats, I think you made all the right choices, done to the brushed metal.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you PS for making my great grandma's stone jewel of the week!! And thank you everyone else for the nice compliments.

Should I pull an Athena and take a boatload of more pictures that look exactly the same and keep posting them?? ;-) (I kid, but only a little)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
athena... not sure if you saw this question, but how do you compare the quality of the setting to Singlestone or Beverley K?

Are you going to be upset if any of us copy this ring? Because I'll have to tell you, I really love it!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thumbs up!

Boogins

Rough_Rock
I had to come back for another ogle. I adore this setting! I think it would be amazing with an ec keystone! Its beautiful and delicate without being "too much."
Edited to add: I forgot to say YES to more pictures! Maybe a profile shot?

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1331401808|3145648 said:
athena... not sure if you saw this question, but how do you compare the quality of the setting to Singlestone or Beverley K?

Are you going to be upset if any of us copy this ring? Because I'll have to tell you, I really love it!

I've never tried anything Beverly K, but I'd say it's completely equal to Singlestone (they're in the same building). The price was about half (which sounds like a big discount, but we all know how expensive SS is getting).

And no freaking way would I get upset if someone copied it!! First, it's already a copy and second imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, IMHO.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, you are so sweet! I DO love it, and I LOVE the other repro rings they picture on their site. I'd like to have one of each! Seriously, they need to post a LOT more pictures on their site! I am very interested in having them make me a ring sometime. A lot depends on what kind of stone I can find. But I am finishing another project now, so it could be awhile!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous setting and love that it's a family stone. If you ever go to SN again on a weekend would you let me tag along? I promise I'm not a weirdo. I just don't have friends who are into looking at sparklies but would like someone to bounce oohs and ahhs off of.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
SandyCheeks|1331414964|3145772 said:
Gorgeous setting and love that it's a family stone. If you ever go to SN again on a weekend would you let me tag along? I promise I'm not a weirdo. I just don't have friends who are into looking at sparklies but would like someone to bounce oohs and ahhs off of.
For sure!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1331412917|3145754 said:
Awww, you are so sweet! I DO love it, and I LOVE the other repro rings they picture on their site. I'd like to have one of each! Seriously, they need to post a LOT more pictures on their site! I am very interested in having them make me a ring sometime. A lot depends on what kind of stone I can find. But I am finishing another project now, so it could be awhile!
I told them that when I was there last. They said they'd working on a new site. They said it would be up by spring. We'll see ;-)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Athena, just think how proud your Grandma (and Grandpa!) would be to know how the ring has been resurrected and the stone is sitting in its new home, drawing huge attention because of its beauty. I bet its not a ring which will sit in your drawer. And I bet your family will be in your thoughts every time you wear it.

I went to SNQueens website, but I didn't see that ring - heck, they should have your ring on their website, it is SO perfect. but anyway, do you know the style name or number? Do they have a mount like that, or did you work with them to create that mount?

Thanks,

-M

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They have an exact mount like this with an OEC in it (I wish I could come up with something this great by myself). I don't know the setting name, but if you tell them you want Jocelyn's (my real name) aqua ring I'm sure they'll know which ones you're talking about.

I've attached a few pictures of when I tried on the original (they colored it in with blue highlighter so I could better imagine how it would look).

Oh, and ETA: It just occurred to me that today would've been my great-grandma's 96th birthday. Happy birthday wherever you are grandma.

405713_10150505650823165_615598164_8949472_528558952_n.jpg

400330_10150505650183165_615598164_8949465_1567490917_n.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results