shape
carat
color
clarity

Gotta get a new dress...more pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/16/2007 4:06:48 PM
Author: psaddict
I still love the CH the best!! In my opinion, in the Reem dress you can see the outline of your chest & butt too clearly. I wouldn''t call the CH ''high fashion,'' I would call it elegant and sophisticated. Personally, I don''t think looking extra curvy or showing off cleavage is a good look for one''s wedding day. I''ll let people see the clear outline of my boobs when out at a bar with friends, but not through my wedding dress on my wedding day.
1.gif
LOL!
3.gif
My thoughts, too.

cara

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the CH on you, without the notch, and with or without the fringe. It looks FABULOUS, curves (but not too much curve) in all the right places. I love the color, once fitted it will be stunning.

The first Reem, ho-hum. I mean, you look good, the dress is pretty, but... I guess not my taste. It is much more traditional looking, so I can see why a mom might prefer it to the so-called "high fashion" CH.

I don't Ulla as much with the deep cutout, or at least I can't like it until a picture of you in it convinces me otherwise. And same with the second Reem, I don't love it on the model and its hard to tell without you in it if magic would happen with the body in there.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Second Reem. I''m not crazy about the CH... that UM I would REALLY have to see on you. And I do NOT like the first ream on you at all... makes you look bigger than the rest do.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 4:06:28 PM
Author: KristyDarling

As for the Reems, I'd say the first one looks VERY pretty on you, but I've been seeing a lot of wedding gowns that look exactly like it. It doesn't have the uniqueness nor the 'wow' factor that the CH does. The second Reem is pretty too, but I'm not a big fan of the pointy parts on the outer edges of the bodice near the armpits.

I agree, Kristy! I think the first Reem is the safest (the least modern, different), which is why it's probably the most popular. But I think you *rock* the trumpet gowns, and I hope all the people saying it isn't their taste don't change your mind. Everyone (myself included, I can't pull off the fitted hips, darnit!) is doing the a-line or the pick up skirt, and I think sticking with the trumpet will WOW everyone, because it isn't the norm. Plus, it seems to be what YOU love. Stick with what will make YOU the happiest on YOUR wedding day!

While the CH doesn't fit you now (you're obviously having to hold it in the back), I think it could look stunning when made to your measurements. I also think that Vera Wang I posted is gorgeous too!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 1:26:12 PM
Author: Galateia
I truly do not mean this in a snarky tone, but I thought the point of a wedding dress was to flatter you and make you look beautiful on your wedding day, not look ''high fashion''.

In my humble opinion, I think runway models look terrible in wedding dresses. ''High fashion'' to me means unhealthily scrawny women wearing outfits that wear them, not the other way around. (This makes perfect sense for a runway model whose purpose is to show off the gown.) I''d rather remember a woman looking beautiful on her wedding day than remember how couture her wedding gown looked. And I am in the design industry. I do love ''high fashion''. But I don''t love it for wedding dresses.

Simply put, the CH does not flatter you, FacetFire.
simply put that''s one person''s opinion and I at least don''t agree at *all*!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 2:24:36 PM
Author: poptart
Since you''ve narrowed it down I feel more confident in voting
3.gif
. I say First Reem, hands down.

*M*
I like that one as well but I still think if FF loves the trumpet skirts that''s what she should get - she certainly has the body for it!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 6:12:03 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
Date: 1/16/2007 1:26:12 PM

Author: Galateia

I truly do not mean this in a snarky tone, but I thought the point of a wedding dress was to flatter you and make you look beautiful on your wedding day, not look 'high fashion'.

In my humble opinion, I think runway models look terrible in wedding dresses. 'High fashion' to me means unhealthily scrawny women wearing outfits that wear them, not the other way around. (This makes perfect sense for a runway model whose purpose is to show off the gown.) I'd rather remember a woman looking beautiful on her wedding day than remember how couture her wedding gown looked. And I am in the design industry. I do love 'high fashion'. But I don't love it for wedding dresses.

Simply put, the CH does not flatter you, FacetFire.
simply put that's one person's opinion and I at least don't agree at *all*!

That's true, which is why I explicitly stated in my post that I was giving *my* opinion, responding to FacetFire's request for feedback on her dress.

KristyDarling, I'm sorry if I misinterpreted the posts regarding the CH as being 'high fashion' it just seemed like that was one of the things people really liked about it, including the 'couture' effect of the flattened bust that was discussed. I'm not advocating heaving bosoms (especially not for wedding gowns, I *do* absolutely understand what you mean about 'centerfold' gown styles) just that I don't find the look of a flattened bosom flattering. I prefer a more balanced look between the upper and lower halves of the body.

But it's about what FacetFire prefers, and if you prefer the trumpet skirt, FF, then go for what makes you happy. Also, pictures can only tell so much; only you can know what feels/looks best in person. You have a lovely figure and will look beautiful in whatever dress you choose.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I like the 2nd Reem and the CH with the modifications best! I personally do not have a large (or any) but so I''m usually conscious of this on other dresses, but I think it looks great on you and does not flatten you too much with the modifications!!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I think everyone disagrees on which they like best alot here b/c you look awesome in all of the dresses! It''s hard to get a consensus when they''re all so different and they all look so great on you!

Have you narrowed it down any further?

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone. I really do appreciate all feedback, good and bad. The funny thing is I''m not very small up top...I''m a small C cup. LOL. But I guess it says something that some of the dresses make me look small up there...I know the lace Melissa Sweet did, and worried about the CH too in that regard. I have found a place that has the second Reem in the store and I know will let me take a photo of it on me! Yay! So I''ll be able to share that one with you, though it may not be for a little while because I am in the process of finding a job, and that has to take priority if you know what I mean. I''m still trying to figure out a way to show ou all the Ulla on me, because that''s the one that I think looks the most different on me v. the model. The only problem is that no one seems to cary the dress because it''s a little more "out there" in style, so I need to find someone who''ll bring it in for me without charging me a bundle and who allows photos...no small task. So, I''ll let you know as things progress!!! THanks again!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
I''m a little late here, but I just wanted to say that I really like both Reem''s. I''m leaning towards the second one, because it has more of a trumpet style skirt, and that''s the look you''ve said that you prefer (although I can''t be totally sure until you post a pic of you in it
9.gif
). And, while I think it''s really wonderful that you want your mom to love your dress, YOU need to love your dress too! I hope that you are able to find one that you both think is beautiful!
1.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 12:10:43 PM
Author: FacetFire
Thanks everyone. I really do appreciate all feedback, good and bad. The funny thing is I''m not very small up top...I''m a small C cup. LOL. But I guess it says something that some of the dresses make me look small up there...I know the lace Melissa Sweet did, and worried about the CH too in that regard. I have found a place that has the second Reem in the store and I know will let me take a photo of it on me! Yay! So I''ll be able to share that one with you, though it may not be for a little while because I am in the process of finding a job, and that has to take priority if you know what I mean. I''m still trying to figure out a way to show ou all the Ulla on me, because that''s the one that I think looks the most different on me v. the model. The only problem is that no one seems to cary the dress because it''s a little more ''out there'' in style, so I need to find someone who''ll bring it in for me without charging me a bundle and who allows photos...no small task. So, I''ll let you know as things progress!!! THanks again!
boy if you''re a C, i''m going to look non existant when i start trying on dresses. i better find a nice strapless padded bra asap or else i''ll get depressed as the top of these dresses fall off of me!
2.gif
23.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 1:13:28 PM
Author: janinegirly

Date: 1/18/2007 12:10:43 PM
Author: FacetFire
Thanks everyone. I really do appreciate all feedback, good and bad. The funny thing is I''m not very small up top...I''m a small C cup. LOL. But I guess it says something that some of the dresses make me look small up there...I know the lace Melissa Sweet did, and worried about the CH too in that regard. I have found a place that has the second Reem in the store and I know will let me take a photo of it on me! Yay! So I''ll be able to share that one with you, though it may not be for a little while because I am in the process of finding a job, and that has to take priority if you know what I mean. I''m still trying to figure out a way to show ou all the Ulla on me, because that''s the one that I think looks the most different on me v. the model. The only problem is that no one seems to cary the dress because it''s a little more ''out there'' in style, so I need to find someone who''ll bring it in for me without charging me a bundle and who allows photos...no small task. So, I''ll let you know as things progress!!! THanks again!
boy if you''re a C, i''m going to look non existant when i start trying on dresses. i better find a nice strapless padded bra asap or else i''ll get depressed as the top of these dresses fall off of me!
2.gif
23.gif
Haha...seriously....I had to hold up the Melissa Sweets, they were HUGE up top! I think that''s part of the problem when you''re a size 4 and you''re trying on sample size gowns that are just too big (MS dresses seem to run bigger that some of the other designers, actually, so did the CH, come to think of it). All of my bras are either 34Bs or 34Cs, but I think the difference is that strapless bras flatten also. I hate strapless bras! I really want a dress that I can just get cups sewn into, rather than having to mess with a strapless bra. That could be a deciding factor for me, haha.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Gulp...I''m almost afraid to post pics of this dress I tried on today. I felt absolutely beautful and glowing in it...but now that I look at the pics, I don''t know...it doesn''t photograph with the same presence it has in person. It felt SO unique and unusual on...but in the pics, I almost wonder if it looks just normal. It''s not quite as flattering in the pics as it would be, because it was the model''s dress and it flattened my boobs a bit (it was very snug through the bust), but I felt so regal in it. But, it doesn''t have so many of the elements that I was looking for previously. I don''t know. What do you guys think?

BadgleyMischkaKVS.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah.

Um.

Lets just leave at... it didn''t photograph well... and avoid any comparisons to christmas trees or ornaments.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm FF i really don't love that gown at all. christmas tree reference, definitely...it's pretty, but the gold is really distracting and it doesn't flatter your skin tone really in those pictures....i know what you mean about stuff looking better in person than pictures though, but remember that the dress will be hugely photographed as well...so that could be bad if it doesn't come out right there!?!! i do like the back view though. but the front is kinda odd.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FF, I can see why you like the last dress you posted. It''s a beautiful shape and does flatter your backside, BUT (NPI!), you say above that you are a small C...the sash directly under the bust is making your bosom look smaller. With your cup size and shape, and your obvious attraction to strapless styles, you may want to consider sticking with a dress that has some embellishment ON the actual bustline to make things visually proportionate, OR plain satin weave on the bust with the right cut can help create the illusion of things being larger there than they actually are.

I am a small C, and actually dropped down to a B+ right before my wedding. I chose a dress that had spaghetti straps, was not necessarily a "v" neckline but dipped down a bit in front, but also had what you would call "illusion" (a bit of sparkly, gathered tulle-type lace) right on top of my cleavage. Without that little bit of lace I would''ve been bordering on "racy", but with it I was not only able to make the most of my ahem, shrunken, assets, but also cover up a teensy bit. I will try to dig up a pic so you know what I mean.

Sorry my pics are always tiny...hopefully it gives you an idea of what I''m talking about at least. And you don''t have to have straps, necessarily, just find the right bodice/neckline.

bodice17.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Things I like about it (a lot!): The shape on you (it's fabulous), the slight sweetheart neckline ----> those two things are details I think look best on you (after seeing all the gowns you've tried on thus far)

Things I don't: The gold embroidery making a line down your front and back

I completely understand gowns looking different in person, but it's so important to be pleased with how it looks in pictures. After all, you don't want to hate your wedding photos!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The latest looks kind of Christmassy to me too... the bead motif on the front bodice looks a bit like a snowflake. Are you planning a holiday wedding?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is one of those dresses that you need to see in person to appreciate, because in pictures, it looks a little off. All the heavy bead detailing kind of overwhelms the dress. It gives the illusion of looking a bit like a table runner. (sorry to be so blunt) And I agree that the bronze tone isn't great with your skin tone. The cut of the waist and hips is very flattering, though.

I think part of the equation of picking a wedding gown is to be sure you like it on you in person, AND in photos. Even if you love how you felt in your gown on your wedding day, you also need to love how you look in the pictures. It would kinda stink to look back at the pictures 5, 10, 40 years from now and think, "what the!?" Judging by your post, even you don't like how it photographs, so....maybe keep looking?

(I'm still rooting for the CH! But don't listen to me, this is all about YOU!)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2007 12:03:08 AM
Author: KristyDarling
I think this is one of those dresses that you need to see in person to appreciate, because in pictures, it looks a little off. All the heavy bead detailing kind of overwhelms the dress. It gives the illusion of looking a bit like a table runner. (sorry to be so blunt) And I agree that the bronze tone isn''t great with your skin tone. The cut of the waist and hips is very flattering, though.

I think part of the equation of picking a wedding gown is to be sure you like it on you in person, AND in photos. Even if you love how you felt in your gown on your wedding day, you also need to love how you look in the pictures. It would kinda stink to look back at the pictures 5, 10, 40 years from now and think, ''what the!?'' Judging by your post, even you don''t like how it photographs, so....maybe keep looking?

(I''m still rooting for the CH! But don''t listen to me, this is all about YOU!)
Shhh! Me too!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I am a huge CH fan, but I have to say that the first Reem was the most flattering on you! It makes YOU look lovely.

I was just having this discussion with my daughter in terms of make-up. We use make-up to bring out the best of us, not so we can see the make-up.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
That dress looks fantastic on you- but I am not wild about the color of the beading. Does it come in a different color scheme? I know that some designers do a dress w/ beading and do one version in color and another that is just ivory/silver/pearl beading?

When is your wedding? Have you picked dresses for the girls yet?

If you love that dress go for it- it is definitely an original and gorgeous on you and most brides wouldn''t have the figure or guts to wear it. I think if you were having a winter or fall wedding and put your girls in bronze/gold/brown/espresso dresses it would look really good.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the input, guys. I am just so confused about the whole dress thing that I''m getting to the point where I don''t even care anymore. But I know I''ll care by the time I actually wear it, so I know I need to pick well. Yeah, this one makes my chest look small, but I think that could be addressed. I asked them if the ribon could be moved down a bit, so that it sits under my chest, as opposed to now, where it kind of cut my chest short, hence the smaller look. SHe thought it could be...and it wouldn''t be as tight either...so I think those two things could solve the chest problem. I know it''s kind of a strange dress. I didn''t even like it when I saw it online...I thought it was odd. But something changed when I put it on. The bronze color actaully looked much better with my skin in person...those lights are awful, and really bleach me out more than I am (plus I would have a bit of a tan for the big day). It does come with clear beading and an ivory ribbon, but somehow, I thought it would loose a lot of its uniqueness. I''m not sold on it yet. It was more expensive than any of the others and its only in town for a trunk show, and I don''t think my mom would get a chance to see it. I am just going cross-eyed over this thing...I have no idea what I really want anymore...there are so many gorgeous dresses out there! THe Reems, CH, and Ulla are still definitely in the running. Besides, I don''t think my mom will love this dress either. But thanks for the comments, I really do appreciate it!!! Keep ''em coming if you have any thoughts!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I found more pics of the second Reem online and put this together so you guys can get a better idea of it:

Reem2collageSunshine.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
my 2 cents.
First Reem I love. It is so elegant!!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
No, No, No to the X-mas tree dress! It just looks wrong- don't like that at all on you. Maybe it was nicer in person, but in the photographs it just doesnt look right.

I still love the CH on you- its really pretty. The first Reem I dont care for, and the second Reem's bodice is lovely, but I dont care for that pointy-edged bustline...
8.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

i still like the first and 2nd reem the best i think, with CH almost tying the 2nd reem in terms of like. that model has a smokin'' body for that 2nd reem!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to say that I agree with your mother on your original VW. Having said that.... I think you''ll look stunning in any of your current top contenders once they''ve been fitted to you correctly, so go with your gut! You seem to really value the unique. If you try to please too many other people -- even the very discerning ladies of PS -- you may end up with something that''s less unique than what you''re looking for.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
You''re so right, Minims, I am trying to find something unique, and that may not be everyone''s favorite...I need to remember that. That said, do you think the two Reems are too normal...are they not very unique? I can''t even tell anymore!
41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results