shape
carat
color
clarity

Gotta get a new dress...more pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both dresses are beautiful, and neither is remotely run-of-the-mill. I don''t think either would remind your guests of any dress they''ve seen on a bride recently. I think the 1st RA has kind of a 40''s look to it -- think Carole Lombard or Veronica Lake coming down a grand staircase. Glamorous. (Of course I wasn''t around back then and neither were you, so who knows what images those names are conjuring up?) The second looks more contemorary to me. The draping on the bodice adds an element of couture elegance, while the cut of the bodice adds a just a bit of edginess. I prefer the second, but you can''t go wrong with either of these dresses.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I think that if you''re going for unique, the second Reem would be the winner. The first is pretty, but I didn''t think "unique" when I saw the pictures. In fact, I thought it was definitely the oddball out compared to all the other dresses you''ve tried on, which have been pretty unique.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I think the CH makes you look like some sort of gorgeous ballerina...

No notch, with lace is my vote. I love super curvy dresses, but the look of the CH seems better for your body.

I really don''t like the first Reem. Too blah, and I AM a big fan of the flared skirts.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 7:19:09 PM
Author: FacetFire
Gulp...I''m almost afraid to post pics of this dress I tried on today. I felt absolutely beautful and glowing in it...but now that I look at the pics, I don''t know...it doesn''t photograph with the same presence it has in person. It felt SO unique and unusual on...but in the pics, I almost wonder if it looks just normal. It''s not quite as flattering in the pics as it would be, because it was the model''s dress and it flattened my boobs a bit (it was very snug through the bust), but I felt so regal in it. But, it doesn''t have so many of the elements that I was looking for previously. I don''t know. What do you guys think?
hmmm..... definitely not my favorite... at least in photos.... with the straight lines it makes your curves look.... too curvy and that''s simply untrue! I don''t like the illusion it makes.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2007 12:03:08 AM
Author: KristyDarling
I think this is one of those dresses that you need to see in person to appreciate, because in pictures, it looks a little off. All the heavy bead detailing kind of overwhelms the dress. It gives the illusion of looking a bit like a table runner. (sorry to be so blunt) And I agree that the bronze tone isn''t great with your skin tone. The cut of the waist and hips is very flattering, though.

I think part of the equation of picking a wedding gown is to be sure you like it on you in person, AND in photos. Even if you love how you felt in your gown on your wedding day, you also need to love how you look in the pictures. It would kinda stink to look back at the pictures 5, 10, 40 years from now and think, ''what the!?'' Judging by your post, even you don''t like how it photographs, so....maybe keep looking?

(I''m still rooting for the CH! But don''t listen to me, this is all about YOU!)
you''d have to make sure the pattern fell exactly like that with the arrows pointing ON your butt though - if they fell above and below it would give an illusion of making your butt enormous!!! LOL Or at least almost like a bullseye was on it hehe

((((butt here))))

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2007 3:09:01 PM
Author: FacetFire
You''re so right, Minims, I am trying to find something unique, and that may not be everyone''s favorite...I need to remember that. That said, do you think the two Reems are too normal...are they not very unique? I can''t even tell anymore!
41.gif
I think you should just keep looking, trying on things you haven''t before or never thought you''d like... I think when you find the dress you''ll just know it and hopefully your mom wil be with you and she''ll love it too :) You don''t seem in love with ANY of these dresses.... so keep looking and post a ton more pics haha You''ve got a great body for wearing these so it''s a lot of fun to see the choices :)

budgetbride

Shiny_Rock
I LOOOOOVE the 2nd reem acra...looks young and classic at the same time.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER LOL....That Reem is awesome...I also love the Carolina...I had a Carolina and they are so amazing!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 7:23:10 PM
Author: Gypsy
Yeah.

Um.

Lets just leave at... it didn''t photograph well... and avoid any comparisons to christmas trees or ornaments.
Oh my god, before I even scrolled down, this is what I was thinking. I won''t say the rest of what I was thinking because I have been accused of snarkdom often enough.

But I have nothing snarky to say about your cute figure. And please don''t take this the wrong way, but wedding dresses just aren''t unique. You may be trying to find something that sets you apart as a bride, but what will most likely happen is that it will become a "what was I thinking" dress when you look back on your wedding day. There is a reason that some "traditional" styles triumph...they are flattering and somewhat timeless.

I would think it shouldn''t be a huge problem to find something you look gorgeous in...most of the pics you have posted prove that already.
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2007 11:05:43 PM
Author: TravelingGal
And please don''t take this the wrong way, but wedding dresses just aren''t unique. You may be trying to find something that sets you apart as a bride, but what will most likely happen is that it will become a ''what was I thinking'' dress when you look back on your wedding day. There is a reason that some ''traditional'' styles triumph...they are flattering and somewhat timeless.

I would think it shouldn''t be a huge problem to find something you look gorgeous in...most of the pics you have posted prove that already.
2.gif
wow you make a very very good point LOL!! I don''t do the "what was I thinking" on my weding pics but I o on the renewal pics LOLl The more classic and less trendy, the longer (forever) they can sit on your wall without people thinking- wow, that was so mid 2000''s lol

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
FFire-

You totally rock ht trumpet skirts! Have you seen Kenneth Pool wedding gowns? He has some gorgeous trumpet skirt gowns!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we went to an amazing wedding yesterday and i gotta just put in a vote here for 'classic'...the bride was a tall, willowy, very fair skinned blonde ballerina with a short bob cut and she was simply breathtaking. she had on a pretty, classic sheathy style dropped waist strapless deep ivory gown with some embroidery down the side of the bodice and onto the skirt and a small row of pearl buttons down the back...with a bit of ruching/lifted area at the botto (didn't even have a train)... but that was it....so breathtaking. she was totally classic. only jewelry was a row of pearls and pearl earrings and she tucked her hair behind her ear and wore a cathedral length veil. i can't even stress how amazing she looked. and this was about a 75-100k wedding in a catholic church and reception in a 15th floor SF ballroom. the whole wedding was simply amazing, it was like something new around every corner, super fun for guests.

anyway, i kept thinking of this thread during the wedding...and how so many brides stress about having THE dress and THE jewelry, and that and i thought...her dress is not the most unique dress ever or with all these embellishments but it was just perfect for her and her figure and her super simple jewelry, and the cathedral veil just pulled it all together.

so a plug for a more classic look like one of the reems in my opinion....!! i think both of those are classic yet unique in a way...and if you kept jewelry simple they'd be stunning.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
The second Reem is growing on me and is more unique.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone! You guys are so sweet to put up with me!

So, I got FI to look at gowns in the designers'' pics, and I was surprised at his thoughts. At first, he said he wanted me in something more bridey, but as he started seeing more gowns, he started prefering the unique stuff. So, where does that leave me? Who knows! :) BUt, Christmas tree dress is out, no worries! He liked the Romona Keveza a lot, and the two Reems grew on him as he started to prefer unique details. DOn''t worry, I showed him those amongst a lot of other dresses so that I would throw him off a bit. The CH he wasn''t a big fan of on the model. BUt, then again, he also thinks that a lot of these dresses don''t look good on the models because they lack curves...gotta love him! :)

TravelingGal, you have a good point. But part of me figures any gown will look silly in 20 or 30 years. I think I want to go unique, because that''s my dream, but make sure it isn''t TOO out there. Thanks!

FebBride, I''m definitely going to try and see some KP gowns, there are several that look really interesting to me! Thanks!

Mara, thanks for thinking of this thread! Any chance you can elaborate on how the wedding was great for the guests, what kind of things they had/did? I know I worry about guests having enough fun, so your comment really caught my eye! Thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FF well it was probably one of the most traditional weddings we had been to before BUT they kept kind of 'mixing' it up here and there to keep it interesting!! like they had her mother sing during the ceremony and she had a lovely voice. they had a catholic priest who was a little sassy and he kept kind of alluding to potential catholicism eyebrow raising things which was kind of funny and scary at the same time! then the reception was at this amazing ballroom, they rented the whole 15th floor and you got off the elevator and it was like you were transported! their decor was all very dark colors yet with bright lime green cymbidium orchids and white which kind of played off the dark. they had someone who took your polaroid when you came in and then they slipped it inot this guest page for you and you wrote a note for the happy couple on a page under your picture. i thought it was super cute to have photos. they had set photos of the two people who got married and their families all over the entry/reception area so you could go through and see pictures of them as they were kids, then growing up, and their parents in their wedding finery, etc. then a fun surprise was they had these musicians playing kind of a middle eastern fun belly dance kinda music but with a lute and drums! so just as you are getting int the traditional spirit of it all, you see the interesting totally bohemian musicians! they were just sitting on the floor in one of the rooms and they piped their music all through the 15th floor! then the whole 'different' types of food. the bar was really elaborate and it was awesome to find it was full open bar..woo hoo. and everyone was just so cheery and happy! the bartenders were cracking jokes with attendees. there were little tables set all over the reception area (entry area) for you to sit at and eat...then they opened the doors to the ballroom and invited everyone in. and oh my, breathaking!! this HUGE fireplace was along one whole wall and the ballroom was a very dark mahogany styled room and they'd set up large rounds with sage green cloths, purple super tall skinny votive holders all around and the centerpieces were these super elaborate large tree branches with white orchid stems connected to all the branches so i tlooked like a tree of orchids. but not TOO many branches had orchids, just enough. then they hung these V shaped votives from ribbons on the branches so that each table and tree was illuminated. it was so amazing. everyone kept taking pictures of their tables! and they put the cake on a display table near the dance floor and everyone kept taking pictures of that! it was pretty funny. the waitstaff was awesome, so attentive. they did a pretty traditional toast thing for a while, then courses would come...and then later the band was getting ready and it turned out to be this SUPER awesome 80's cover band and they even dressed the part!! they were really amazing! almost everyone was packed onto the dance floor and they played all the cliche 80's music we all know and love. everyone was singing the words. then later they had small ice cream sundaes outside in the reception area again, with coffee..which was such a fun little surprise.

it just seemed like each time you got 'bored' with something there'd be something timed to make you go 'oh that's cool!'...everyone was saying it was the most awesome wedding. and we've been to some really cool weddings but this one was by far the most elaborate! the wedding at the church was at 3:30 and we left the ballroom reception hall at 12 midnight! but the time just flew by. tons of people were still there when we left.

whew is that enough details? lol.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, Mara! Thanks! It''s funny, the tables sound like exactly what I was planning on doing, only without the flowers and perhaps with feathers instead. That does sound like a fun wedding to go to (and an expensive one!)! I like the ice cream idea too...I saw an article that said that Marble Slab or one of those places will set up a table at your reception...thought it was a cool idea and something I was thinking of looking into. Did they do the ice cream instead of dessert or in addition to? I like the guest photo idea too...I''ll have to keep that in mind!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results