shape
carat
color
clarity

Gotta get a new dress...more pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I vote Reem or Liberty. I totally know how you feel about your mom. The first dress I loved my mom just didn''t like at all and I was really depressed about it.

Hopes

Rough_Rock
I actually really love mermaid styles, but they all have slightly different "feels" to them. I think the ones with the huge dramatic "skinny until knee then flare" kind are kind of too 1940's call girl, if there is such a thing. The Carolina Herrera is my favorite -- it really accentuates without overdoing it and looks so elegant, and my second favorite is actually the one your mom likes. :razz: I like the more "classic" mermaid styles that have more subtle trumpet shapes, rather than the stark triangle. But the dress should be the one you personally like the best, so pick whichever that is. :)

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FF -- the Carolina Herrera is BY FAR my fave on you. It's gorgeous, with that sheathy mermaidy look without being "too" sheathy or "too" mermaidy. There's a silky flow to the gown that flatters your figure perfectly. The other gowns look slightly choppy in certain areas, or with breaks that seem sort of abrupt. The Reem Acra is pretty too, but not as unique or couture-looking as the CH. Somehow, the CH is more....special. I love the little couture detail of the delicate ruffle at the bodice and hemline!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 4:35:41 PM
Author: mela lu
Wow. I''m really sorry that you are re-doing the search! I am in mine now...and I can only imagine what this must feel like...

my 2cents:

I love the last one #5

and I also like the lines of the ''Gemma'' (melissa sweet) Although lace is tricky...it can look amazing, but it can also look dull. (in-person is the only way to tell)

Even though you may not agree with me, it''s your wedding dress, and YOU have to love it; no matter what mom says.

I found one I ABSOLUTELY.LOVE. but my Mom''s kinda trying to talk me out of it...we''ll see what happens ;-)

GL in your search!

Oh, no, why''s she trying to talk you out of it?

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 4:27:55 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Well... of the ones you posted I like the first one the best, but I''m not sure the whole ''flare at the knees'' thing really does it fore me. It''s not my dress though, it''s YOUR dress, so feel free to ignore me, LOL.

I do have a real concern about the lacy stuff sticking out above the top of the second one. I''m not sure how much time you spent in the dress but depending on how stiff that is (it''s so hard to tell from a photos) it might bug the insides of your arms a bit over the course of several hours. (Just my 2 cents.)

EDIT: You''ve been very busy putting pics up while I was typing! My answer has changed -- #5 is my favorite one now.

Thanks! The lace on the top of the CH is actually very soft, so I''m not too worried about that. My bigger concern with the CH is that the unique bodice makes my boobs look flat from the front...
40.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 4:46:46 PM
That's quite pretty! Is it a heavy lace?

You really do look great in those dresses!!! Imagine once it's fit to your body?? Amazing!

It is a little heavy...but I just can't get over the back view...it's exactly what I want in the back...too bad I'm not sure about the front...

Thanks for the kind words!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 5:00:07 PM
Author: Blenheim
I think that the Melissa Sweet ones are my favorite, but I''m having a really hard time choosing.

Ummm.... where exactly did you put your dress up for sale?

It''s on preownedweddingdresses.com

I''m having SUCH a hard time choosing, but thanks for the input!

cara

Ideal_Rock
The only one that I didn''t like on you was the lace on my Melissa Sweet. For some reason, I don''t like the lace on you, its distracting.

You have such a fabulous figure for a mermaid dress! I think you should totally do it with the trumpet skirt - it look really good.

I didn''t love the Reem as much on you - though it does look more traditional - cause its more about the dress than you will all the detailing, and lack of a trumpet.

Of the other three that you were in, I''m not a huge fan on the pleats on the Pricilla skirt, but like the rest of the dress fine.

Good luck, these are some great choices!

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to vote for the Carolina Herrera. I agree with KristyDarling...it feels so designer...you don''t see a gown like that everyday.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I love the shape of the 2nd one you posted, but not so sure about the ruffle.

I Love the one your mom likes- it is so soft and flowing looking and just gorgeous.

You have a great figure, just be thankful you can carry off any dress that you choose!

And I do understand about wanting mom to like your dress, but please please please make sure YOU love it

Good luck!!

cara

Ideal_Rock
OK, I'm expanding my explanation of why I don't like the MS lace dress or the Reem as much - the lace dress boobs section also does you no favors. Strapless, straight across looks much better. On the Reem, the dress is just not *as* figure flattering. (Ok, you still look good, but...) The more fitted mermaids really look fabulous on you - small curves in all the right places. The Reem just does not hit you in the right places as well.

But the first three... They look dreamy.

psaddict

Shiny_Rock
I really love the second one (Carolina Herrera) on you!! It''s very elegant and it looks fantastic on your figure. I like the first dress the least, the bottom part looks like it was stuck on, and it isn''t flattering on you. The other dresses are pretty but in my opinion #2 looks the best. :)

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I like the Carolina Herrera and the two Reema Acra. Ok don''t get mad at me, but I think the first dress with the extreme mermaid makes you look bottom heavy. So a more modified mermaid is better IMHO.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the Liberty and the 2nd Reem.

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
Your mom''s favorite is mine too! It just looks gorgeous on you!!!! I like the looks of the one right below that as well, and you said it looked fabulous on you.

Which one makes you feel beautiful inside and out??

FightOn

Rough_Rock
I agree with j crow: I LOVE the Carolina Herrera and second Reem! Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
i like the CH on you the best. the ruffle is what makes it unique and personally i think you only see that kind of unique extra on the designer dresses. romona keveza does a lot of touches llike that as well. the dress looks fabulous on you....it really stood out. and the fabric looks amazing.

i like the Liberty 2nd. you look fantastic in that one as well.

the PoB needs a sash or something at the midsection - the fabric looks amazing by the dress is a blank slate from the knees up.

not a fan of the first reem at all. the 2nd reem is ok. the RA''s are so different style-wise from your other choices...seems like you might be considering them for your mom''s sake??? (i can relate
1.gif
)

melissa sweet lace is gorgeous but i agree that it''s just not as remarkable in the pic for whatever reason. it fits you well - but the lace gets lost. i would def. keep that in mind since you''ll be taking pics in it.

the romona keveza is different. i am a huge RK fan and 2 of hers are tops on my list. but i don''t love that particular style and don''t think it would show off your great shape.

all beautiful and unique choices!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 4:25:31 PM
Author: FacetFire
One by Reem Acra: (my mom''s favorite, though it doesn''t have the trumpet-style skirt I like)

This dress looks gorgeous on you

30.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sure I wouldn''t have given it a second look on a hanger, but I''m casting my vote for the CH -- it has beautiful lines and really flatters your figure. I''m a little concerned about the under-bust detailing, but that''s probably because you''re not trying on your size. My second choice would be the second Reem Acra. The first RA is beautiful and flattering but for some reason that dress has a somewhat more "mature" look to me. A nice choice if you''re 35ish or older...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 4:21:00 PM
Okay, and this one is ''Liberty'' by Melissa Sweet:

LOVE it.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Maybe it's an age thing.....because I think you look positively STUNNING in the Reem dress that your mom likes best.

I just don't care for the first dresses.

Priscilla dress....the trumpet section looks like linen skirts they put on banquet tables at a hotel.
CH - does nothing to accentuate your 'upper assets'
The Liberty - don't like the circumference of ribbon running around your hips - why accentuate the widest part?
Melissa - cute on your figure.....but girlish, and does remind me of the 40s call girl that someone else mentioned earlier. I keep thinking of the can-can with that dress.

However, I'm not the one wearing them, so it's just my opinion, FWIW.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with alj, I like the one your mom likes. The CH isn''t bad, but it really doesn''t do your top part any justice. It does, however, look more "couture".

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi FF!!

Out of all of the dresses you posted pics of, I have to say, my fave is the CH....I think it is very pretty- love the detailing around the bodice area, and love how the fabric kind of "flows" downward- gives it a very delicate look and makes your figure look positively fab!!!
31.gif
. The other gowns are just not speaking to me at all though.....
8.gif

I hope you come to a decision that you feel great with soon!! Good luck!
36.gif

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Saw this thread and all the gorgeous dresses you''re trying on, FacetFire! Had to put in my two cents. Based on the pictures, LOVED Liberty on you first, and I love the two Reems. The one your mom likes the best looks great on you, but doesn''t have the trumpet skirt like you were saying. I would love to see the second Reem on you.

That said, what is your gut feeling? Is there any one of these dresses in which you wouldn''t change a thing and you feel is the most flattering? If not, keep looking--you have a gorgeous figure and you will find something very special that will look great on you.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 5:53:15 PM

Date: 1/11/2007 4:35:41 PM
Wow. I''m really sorry that you are re-doing the search! I am in mine now...and I can only imagine what this must feel like...

my 2cents:

I love the last one #5

and I also like the lines of the ''Gemma'' (melissa sweet) Although lace is tricky...it can look amazing, but it can also look dull. (in-person is the only way to tell)

Even though you may not agree with me, it''s your wedding dress, and YOU have to love it; no matter what mom says.

I found one I ABSOLUTELY.LOVE. but my Mom''s kinda trying to talk me out of it...we''ll see what happens ;-)

GL in your search!

Oh, no, why''s she trying to talk you out of it?
MMM, I''m getting married in Italy. We''ve rented a villa that has a chapel on the grounds www.villaerbaia.it
and my mom is worried that the dress that I love is too "formal" for the occasion. I think she''s also worried about the pricetag, as I''m paying for this wedding. The dress I love is the Jenny Packham "Claire" I would love to upload the pic, but I still haven''t signed up for the photobucket yet...i''ll do it now and post some pics of my little beauty!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
FF, this is the dress I really like (for me):

I hope that worked...it was my first time posting my own pics! (Its not easy being green!!!!)
emsmilep.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the Carolina Herrera! It''s so beautiful on your figure and it has a mermaid look without the exaggerated poof. I think those are a bit silly looking, imo, and would look dated in photos in a few years. The CH is just a beautiful coherent sweeping line, rather than having an abrupt stop and multi-layer flare which makes everyone look bottom heavy. I love the little details like the fluffy bit at the bodice and the romantic fluff at the hem!
My second favorite is your mom''s favorite, but it doesn''t have a mermaid line.
5.gif

I know how important it is to have a dress your mom approves of!

Good Luck!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love, love, love the first Reem (the one your mom likes)! It''s just a gorgeous, elegant dress. My second choice is the Carolina Herrera.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
My vote goes to the CH.. OMG.. its beautiful.. I know you said you would get it in white.. but did you try it on in pink?? holy cow.. drooling over here.. I LOVE CH wedding gowns... but no way could I afford that...

My second choice would be the second Reem!

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results