shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Got my round halo from GOG!

RockGuy

Rough_Rock
Hi, I wanted to shamelessly share some pics of an e-ring I just picked up. Pricescope was a great resource for me in finding a vendor! My grandfather was in the business, but has retired and I consider myself very lucky in finding this place.

The center stone is a 2.6 ct H SI-1, AGS 0, HCA under 2 and all that. It falls just short of H&A; you can see some flagging on the bottom 2 arrows. Here's a hand shot:

Hand%20Shot.jpg

Here's a duplication of my avatar, a flower pic that came out well:

Orange%20tulip.jpg

I'm not sure if this is bad forum etiquette... this is my first online forum. If any of the ladies here have some time, I'm looking for some insight as to what goes through a woman's mind immediately after a proposal and started a topic in Proposal Ideas.

I apologize for my sub-par cell phone shots, but they came out better than the ones with my camera somehow. I hope you all enjoyed and thanks for looking!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is lovely! When do you plan to porpose?? We need handshots!

RockGuy

Rough_Rock
It will be on Saturday. I'll make sure to get some hand shots and I'll post them. Thanks for your kind words!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is simply stunning..... it will take her breath away.... :appl: :appl:

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and ring!! Any photos of the profile? Simply gorgeous!

RockGuy

Rough_Rock
I'm working up in Alberta now, so I'm a couple thousand miles away from the ring, but I do have a pic from GOG (there's a CZ set in it) of a sample of the profile:

profile.jpg

I wanted something where a matching wedding band can sit flush.

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful, she will love it :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RockGuy|1305467847|2922281 said:
I'm working up in Alberta now, so I'm a couple thousand miles away from the ring, but I do have a pic from GOG (there's a CZ set in it) of a sample of the profile:

profile.jpg

I wanted something where a matching wedding band can sit flush.

WOW! Marvellous--she'll love it! (P.S. I live in Alberta!)

cheers--Sharon

RockGuy

Rough_Rock

cheers--Sharon[/quote]

Small world! I'm up in the oil sands now building a power plant, but I live in the Poconos in PA. I went to school in Canada (U of T) and my girlfriend is from Montreal. I'm starting to feel Canadian... Who knows? Pretty soon I might even watch hockey on Sunday rather than my beloved Eagles :lol:

Stefan

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! You did a great job and your stone looks beautiful! Your girl will love it.

Here's what will be going through her mind after the proposal: Ohmygoshohmygoshomygoshiloveitiloveitiloveitohmygoshi'mgettingmarried
ohmygoshineedtobreathohmygoshomygoshomygoshthisdiamondishugeohmygoshomygoshomygosh!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
don't be insulted if after the proposal she spends all her time staring at that stunning ring!!!

Gorgeous ring!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her ring is gorgeous. She will be thrilled. Good luck with your proposal.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely stunning! She's a lucky lady to have you (and that gorgeous ring).

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
That is a stunner!! I've always wanted to see this setting by GOG with a round and it's gorgeous! Is this a complete surprise to her? Lucky lady and congratulations on your engagement because I'm sure she won't say no to that!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, that is STUNNING :love: What a lucky lady your woman is and I am sure she will love it. Come back with more pictures please!

RockGuy

Rough_Rock
Yes, it's a total surprise. Her family, my extended family and my closest friends are coming out to a bonfire. I plan to pull her away for a few minutes for a picnic under a willow tree that I'm lighting up with LED string lights, 1,000 bulbs worth. I used to go to summer camp there as a kid (now I live up the road) and remember the teenagers carving their initials in the tree. When I was home last month I carved ours right in the middle. I plan to tell her how happy I am for her to be there with me, what she means to me, but that the thing that would make me happier than anything would be if we can come back to that place and change her second initial one day, then drop on one knee.

One of my friends that will be in attendance is pretty good with his camera, so I'll come back with more pics. I'm definitely tech challenged myself... I'll put it this way, I'm a mathematician that has never owned a calculator!

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful ring and the proposal sounds wonderful and romantic! Can't wait to see hand shots! Congrats!

Bibbi

Rough_Rock
Stunning and the setting si just beautiful!! She will be very happy with your selection and congrats!!! :appl: :appl:

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
That proposal ranks among the sweetest I've ever heard. Great job on both the ring and the very romantic way to pop the question.

I am sure she will be utterly thrilled!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
;( That really is a very sweet proposal idea!!!

The ring is really gorgeous! :love: If she has not had input into this project, she is going to be in shock!

So here's how she'll be feeling:
:o :o ;( ;( :love: :love: :D :D :o :love: ;( :D :lol: :appl: :appl: :appl:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my goodness, that ring is just gorgeous!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it's stunning and I am positive she will LOVE that proposal! (And the ring of course!) What a great proposal idea-so sweet and romantic! I can't wait for more pics!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RockGuy|1305484038|2922454 said:
Yes, it's a total surprise. Her family, my extended family and my closest friends are coming out to a bonfire. I plan to pull her away for a few minutes for a picnic under a willow tree that I'm lighting up with LED string lights, 1,000 bulbs worth. I used to go to summer camp there as a kid (now I live up the road) and remember the teenagers carving their initials in the tree. When I was home last month I carved ours right in the middle. I plan to tell her how happy I am for her to be there with me, what she means to me, but that the thing that would make me happier than anything would be if we can come back to that place and change her second initial one day, then drop on one knee.

One of my friends that will be in attendance is pretty good with his camera, so I'll come back with more pics. I'm definitely tech challenged myself... I'll put it this way, I'm a mathematician that has never owned a calculator!

How wonderful and romantic! I can't wait to hear about her reaction to everything!

RockGuy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for everybody's kind words abut my proposal idea! I'm probably not the most romantic person in the world... in fact, I'm not ashamed to say I'm a bit of a redneck, so "classing up" a bonfire makes good sense to me :lol:

She hasn't had any direct input, but I know some of the styles that she likes from our discussions about jewelry in general. I'm big into jewelry myself, but I stick to watches for my personal use. She wears a tourmaline ring on her right hand that I designed and I can tell half her enjoyment stems from the fact that I designed it, so I'm sure she'll like the fact that I picked this out myself:)

The only person that's seen it in person has been my mom and she really dislikes halos, but her reaction was "holy ----!" Honestly, that's the best reaction I could have hope for coming from my mom and a jeweler's daughter =)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RockGuy|1305471126|2922312 said:

cheers--Sharon

Small world! I'm up in the oil sands now building a power plant, but I live in the Poconos in PA. I went to school in Canada (U of T) and my girlfriend is from Montreal. I'm starting to feel Canadian... Who knows? Pretty soon I might even watch hockey on Sunday rather than my beloved Eagles :lol:

Stefan[/quote]

Or better yet, curling? :bigsmile: I am in Calgary....

cheers--Sharon

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
OMG, what a stunner~ you did great! we need more pic. later! :bigsmile:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful, she will probably be distracted from looking at it.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Ya did good. :wacko: What girl wouldn't be thrilled with that ring? Good luck on your proposal!

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
That is a STUNNER! Diamondseeker pretty much summed up the emotions your girlfriend will go through once you propose...lol
Good Luck with the proposal! Don't forget to come back with pics :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results