color
clarity

#JOTW Got me a fiancé! My OEC in an 18k Rose Gold Bezel by ERD

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love: Perfect!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: many congratulations again, and I *love* the gallery petals and the milgrain on the bezel and the facets!!!! OH it is all just perfection. That story is precious too, everything just sounds picture perfect.

CathB

Rough_Rock
lin_ny|1381287495|3534567 said:
Well, it happened! :appl:

Just over a week ago, during a rainy and blustery weekend getaway to the majestic Canadian Rockies, the most amazing man asked me to marry him!

As he put it, our relationship was truly fostered in the mountains. It's where we spent our first weekends away as a freshly in-love couple. It's where, as each winter graced us, we spent weekends snowboarding and eating breakfast burritos at our favourite cafe. And although I know he didn't want it to seem expected or cliché, our 4th anniversary weekend in the Rockies really was the most fitting setting to get engaged - it just couldn't be denied!

On the day we arrived, we took a long, bumpy ride up a gravel road on the side of the mountain and found this really amazing lake. Scenery was pretty spectacular. Unfortunately, the gale-force winds prevented it from being romantic in any way. Little did I know, he had the ring in his pocket and was trying to find the right time to ask me to marry him. Anyway, as we were fumbling with the camera to get our 'signature' scenic shot together, our hands were freezing off. I also started to get a really bad ear ache from the wind too, which of course put me in a pretty awesome mood. He was being very persistent though, to walk down a ways to get out of the wind. I humored him. We were practically getting blown over by the wind. It was crazy. So I'm sure he just eventually had enough of my whining (whoops) and we headed back to the car.

The next day we headed to town to do some shopping. It was an even crappier day - wind was blowing and it was cold and rainy. Not exactly what I pictured for our romantic anniversary weekend! We stuck it out for a few hours but ultimately decided to head back to the hotel. I can't exactly describe my mood as we drove back to the hotel, but I was just disappointed. I was hoping he'd have planned something romantic by this time in the trip, and I just felt let down (ugh, women and their high expectations of romance!!). I sulked around the room for a while once we arrived - and we sorta ended up talking a bit about our relationship. After a pretty heavy (but always good) talk, he came to sit next to me in front of the fireplace. He whipped out the ring (and at this point I was like :o :o :o ), which was wrapped in a small ziploc bag and 2 eyeglass cleaning cloths (he had it wrapped this way so it was concealed easily in his jacket without me knowing it was there!). Then he said some pretty nice things. I don't remember much of it. He did mention that he loves how we can really talk without barriers and be completely open with each other and our feelings, and that knew that was something pretty special about us that not many people have. At this point, I’m bawling. When I saw the ring, I said “That’s the prettiest thing I’ve ever seen!”. I’m not sure if he slipped it on my finger or what, but we hugged and maybe we kissed, I honestly don’t remember. I was in total shock. I was actually shaking with adrenaline for maybe a couple of hours afterwards. We skyped with both sets of folks and then went out for the MOST AMAZING DINNER EVER.

It didn’t start really sinking in until we came home and started sharing the news with the people we are close with. Now I’m realizing that we’re going to get married - and that’s pretty freaking exciting! He even told me he was excited - which is pretty cool. He’s an amazing guy (ummm, huge understatement actually!!) and I feel so, so lucky. We are truly the best of friends. Can’t wait to make beautiful babies with him too! Woo!

The diamond was previously appraised as a 1.3 ct L-M OEC. It's set in a 18k rose gold bezel by ERD! The craftsmanship is pretty spectacular. The petals are delicate and the bezel is just right. I'm glad it isn't thinner, because it gives me more finger coverage. :bigsmile: The shade of gold is just perfect. It's soft and warm. It isn't pink by any stretch of the imagination, which I really, really love. I thought the gold would really enhance the warmth of the diamond, but all I see is white when I look at it. I think the contrast helps. I haven't seen other lower coloured diamonds before, but I must say, this one seems pretty white in most lighting conditions! I held it next to a co-workers "E" ideal cut RB, and I didn't see much difference top down. Regardless, it's just my favourite thing I've ever owned. Maybe it has something to do with the meaning behind it. :wink2:

If you made it this far, bravo! Now enjoy the pics! (more to come, too)

I'm tearing up, and I'm at work! Darn you lyn_ny and your beautiful story! :love:
:appl:
A HUGE congratulations on your engagement, what a beautiful couple you two make. I can't get over your story, thank you very much for sharing, made me very soppy and sentimental. :twirl:

Oh, and what a beautiful ring! I just love warmer coloured diamonds in rose gold, and yours is just gorgeous. One of the most beautiful rings I've seen here and definitely my current favourite!

I'm waiting on an Infinity N in rose gold myself so I might be biased, but I think your little story made it just that bit more special to look at. :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and such a great story! Love the pics, too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1381361628|3534985 said:
Beautiful ring and such a great story! Love the pics, too!

I was about to say the same thing!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Congratulations!!!

OECtime

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!! Beautiful rose gold :appl: :appl: :love:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Sooooo beautiful! Congratulations! I love that picture in front of the mountains too!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lin, your ring turned out SO beautifully - it truly does look perfect on your lovely hand, I really do love everything about it! I totally agree that the bezel adds a nice bit of hand presence - I really enjoyed your proposal story and am very happy for you both! :appl:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh, the proposal sounds perfect, the ring is perfect, and the lakeside mountain setting is perfect, too! Yay!!!!!!! I love your story and that ring is to die for. And the colour of the water in that lake - how beautiful!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Such a great story and a beautiful ring!! Congrats!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring made Jewel of the Week!! Yay and congratulations!! :appl:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Firstly, AHHHHHH JEWEL OF THE WEEK! SO EXCITING! So honoured. :appl:

gem - this ring wasn't possible without you. thank you again for everything. you were WONDERFUL to buy from. couldn't have been a better experience for two nervous newbies. you're the best!!

arkieb1 - thank you so much. i love all of it, but gallery is definitely my fav. part!

Daisyoz - thank you kindly!

mochiko42 - feminine & vintage - what a perfect way to describe it. thank you!

Laila619 - thank you so much for the kind words!

lorrissey - i was going for 'pretty' but 'stunning' surpasses my wildest dreams! so thank you!

madelise - firstly, thank you so much, bww here i come!!!! and secondly, ummm wait a second! YOU'RE killing meeeeee without pics of your beautiful ring! i'll forgive you for now, but seriously, i'm dying. :knockout:

Acinom - thank you so much!

lknvrb4 - thanks! :))

kalomeli - hahahhah that's what i was going for - majestic! hahaha! i wish it glowed like that every second. that would either be awesome or very very distracting!!

motownmama - seriously?! what a compliment! thank you so much!

mary poppins - thank you kindly!

kathley - i was hoping the facets would come across in the photos. it's really nothing like what you see in person, but i'm glad you think so! thank you!!

missy - awwww.... reminiscent of your proposal! that is so wonderful! perhaps you could share the story sometime! thank you for your well-wishes. very sweet of you!

bastetcat - thank you so much! i will be going for a 'bastetcat-esque' stack so i'm gonna thank you in advance for the inspiration! yours is definitely one of my favs! i want a single stone and a VC band - how will i ever decide?! halp me! lol!

missymoo - thank you!!! i will do my best to find a way to take some inventive pics! i feel so limited with my camera phone! it's actually near banff, but isn't lake louise. we wanted to go up there but it was gonna be too cold & snowing. so we decided against it. very observant of you! hehe!

nowicanseethemoon - thank you kindly. and you're right about him!!

minousbijoux - i know, right??!?! so cool that you've been around to see my progession. ultimately, i'm super happy with where i landed. and i couldn't imagine a blue sapphire halo on my finger... so i guess it all works itself out! and thank you re: the pic. it was cold. there are some other pics with my hair blowing wildly - pretty hilarious.

SB621 - thank you sooo much! means a lot coming from you with your beautiful rock! :))

Diamondless - thank you!!!

derbygal - thank you! we were going for something different. although we totally ripped it off another setting, i hope we achieved it. ;-)

JaneSmith - thanks so much! glad i could satisfy your needs :)) hehe.

AnnaH - thank you kindly!

Enerchi - not too shabby indeed. we really do love the mountains. thank you for the well wishes!!!

JuneRose - ahhh, thank you so much!

pandabee - thank you my dear! it was quite an imperfect proposal but it was exactly right. totally 'us'. :bigsmile:

CathB - awww i am so glad to have touched you with our story! and thank you about the ring... it's very special to me, so your compliments mean a lot.

mom2boys - thank you so much! you have quite the beautiful rock yourself so it means a lot!

diamondseeker2006 - thank you very much! right back atcha ('bout the ring)

OECtime - thank you so much!

dragonfly411 - thank you! the mountains really speak for themselves, don't they? :))

junebug17 - what kind words! thank you so much!!! and thank you for letting me know about JOTW, i wouldn't have noticed if it weren't for you! :love:

Smith1942 - holy that's a lot of applause! thank you!!! and yes, the lakes in the mountains are truly amazing!!!!

vinjewels - thank you kindly!!!!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
omg it looks amazing!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
VERY pretty and unique ring!!! Congrats! I like rose gold but would never have the nerve to get my diamond set in it...SO PRETTY!!

Nice job!

Congrats! Fantastic ring!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful ring and the sweetest story! Many congratulations to you both!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning. Really beautiful :love: Congratulations :appl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, this is beautiful. I love the proportions on your finger. Do you know the dimensions of your stone, and the dimensions of the halo? What size ring finger do you have?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats....and, oh, btw, I think your ring is timelessly [is that a word?] classic!
and it looks great on your finger as well. :love:

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is just so beautiful. I adore rose gold, antique diamonds, and a thin milgrain bezel. The under gallery is stunning. Perfection! Really fantastic!!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
thanks again for the lovely comments. :oops:

I just bought an ultrasonic cleaner for my jewelry and took a few pretty pictures after cleaning so I thought I'd share.

it's so hard to really capture the facets with my cell phone camera... you just don't get the on/off like you see in person. often get the darkness in the centre! obstruction? reflection of my dark purple phone case? who knows. :confused: either way this baby has tons of fire!

img_20131104_133334.jpg

img_20131104_133146.jpg

img_20131104_132958.jpg

sparks1007

Shiny_Rock
Wow. That is a stunner.

Can I just ask please (as I'm looking at an OEC or two around that size...), what is your ring size? Totally gorgeous stone and setting. Really lovely and definitely one of the best on here - not to offend anyone, this ring is just more my style. :)

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
I think this is so gorgeous. The rose gold looks GREAT with your skin tone. And what a cute story! Congrats to you both.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
sparks1007|1383607799|3550452 said:
Wow. That is a stunner.

Can I just ask please (as I'm looking at an OEC or two around that size...), what is your ring size? Totally gorgeous stone and setting. Really lovely and definitely one of the best on here - not to offend anyone, this ring is just more my style. :)
Thank you so much. :)) Diameter was estimated around 6.72-6.82mm and 1.3 ct which may or may not be completely accurate because it was appraised while set. This makes it fairly deep at around 65% depth - other 1.3s may face up quite a bit larger than this one. Just wanted to give you some perspective as far as the size goes. My finger is a 4.25!

Jereni|1383621874|3550581 said:
I think this is so gorgeous. The rose gold looks GREAT with your skin tone. And what a cute story! Congrats to you both.
Thank you thank you! We're very happy! :praise:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back to drool at this beauty once again. The facet pattern on your stone is mesmerizing!

sparks1007

Shiny_Rock
lin_ny|1383673773|3550936 said:
sparks1007|1383607799|3550452 said:
Wow. That is a stunner.

Thank you so much. :)) Diameter was estimated around 6.72-6.82mm and 1.3 ct which may or may not be completely accurate because it was appraised while set. This makes it fairly deep at around 65% depth - other 1.3s may face up quite a bit larger than this one. Just wanted to give you some perspective as far as the size goes. My finger is a 4.25!

Thanks so much for such a thorough response! It really is lovely and you have such lovely little fingers. :naughty: :naughty: You could never get away with saying that in the real world could you? :lol: What a weirdo thing to say :D

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
Many congratulations on your engagement! The stone is absolutely stunning and the setting is perfection! Enjoy every minute of being engaged and wearing that stunning ring!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
derbygal|1383674507|3550943 said:
Back to drool at this beauty once again. The facet pattern on your stone is mesmerizing!
This is a very belated reply but thank you so much. :))

sparks1007|1383697192|3551246 said:
Thanks so much for such a thorough response! It really is lovely and you have such lovely little fingers. :naughty: :naughty: You could never get away with saying that in the real world could you? :lol: What a weirdo thing to say :D
I do what I can. :lol:

Yes I do have skinny skeletor fingers! No, no you couldn't get away with that kind of flattering compliment! Seriously! Pricescope is the only place you wanna have skeletor fingers! :lol:

Ganesha|1383697734|3551251 said:
Many congratulations on your engagement! The stone is absolutely stunning and the setting is perfection! Enjoy every minute of being engaged and wearing that stunning ring!
Once again, belated reply... but thank you! I am really, really enjoying it! Getting so many compliments and loving the times I'm in Walmart especially! :lol: Lighting in there is really fantastic!

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
Your story made me tear up a little. How perfect :) You have yourself a beautiful ring! Many congratulations!

redroze

Shiny_Rock
I looooove your ring. Especially the milgrain inside of the bezel. So very pretty.

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
love it!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results