shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Got me a fiancé! My OEC in an 18k Rose Gold Bezel by ERD

Discussion in 'Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)' started by lin_ny, Oct 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. JuneRose
    Brilliant_Rock

by JuneRose » Oct 9, 2013
    :love: :love: :love: Perfect!!

2. pandabee
    Ideal_Rock

by pandabee » Oct 9, 2013
    :appl: :appl: :appl: many congratulations again, and I *love* the gallery petals and the milgrain on the bezel and the facets!!!! OH it is all just perfection. That story is precious too, everything just sounds picture perfect.

3. CathB
    Rough_Rock

by CathB » Oct 9, 2013
    I'm tearing up, and I'm at work! Darn you lyn_ny and your beautiful story! :love:
    :appl:
    A HUGE congratulations on your engagement, what a beautiful couple you two make. I can't get over your story, thank you very much for sharing, made me very soppy and sentimental. :twirl:

Oh, and what a beautiful ring! I just love warmer coloured diamonds in rose gold, and yours is just gorgeous. One of the most beautiful rings I've seen here and definitely my current favourite!

I'm waiting on an Infinity N in rose gold myself so I might be biased, but I think your little story made it just that bit more special to look at. :love:

4. m-2-b
    Ideal_Rock

by m-2-b » Oct 9, 2013
    Beautiful ring and such a great story! Love the pics, too!

5. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by diamondseeker2006 » Oct 9, 2013
    I was about to say the same thing!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Congratulations!!!

6. OECtime
    Rough_Rock

by OECtime » Oct 10, 2013
    Congratulations!! Beautiful rose gold :appl: :appl: :love:

7. dragonfly411
    Ideal_Rock

by dragonfly411 » Oct 10, 2013
    Sooooo beautiful! Congratulations! I love that picture in front of the mountains too!

8. junebug17
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by junebug17 » Oct 10, 2013
    Lin, your ring turned out SO beautifully - it truly does look perfect on your lovely hand, I really do love everything about it! I totally agree that the bezel adds a nice bit of hand presence - I really enjoyed your proposal story and am very happy for you both! :appl:

9. Smith1942
    Ideal_Rock

by Smith1942 » Oct 10, 2013
    Ohhhh, the proposal sounds perfect, the ring is perfect, and the lakeside mountain setting is perfect, too! Yay!!!!!!! I love your story and that ring is to die for. And the colour of the water in that lake - how beautiful!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

10. vinjewels
    Brilliant_Rock

by vinjewels » Oct 11, 2013
    Such a great story and a beautiful ring!! Congrats!

11. junebug17
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by junebug17 » Oct 11, 2013
    Your ring made Jewel of the Week!! Yay and congratulations!! :appl:

12. lin_ny
    Brilliant_Rock

by lin_ny » Oct 12, 2013
    Firstly, AHHHHHH JEWEL OF THE WEEK! SO EXCITING! So honoured. :appl:

gem - this ring wasn't possible without you. thank you again for everything. you were WONDERFUL to buy from. couldn't have been a better experience for two nervous newbies. you're the best!!

arkieb1 - thank you so much. i love all of it, but gallery is definitely my fav. part!

Daisyoz - thank you kindly!

mochiko42 - feminine & vintage - what a perfect way to describe it. thank you!

Laila619 - thank you so much for the kind words!

lorrissey - i was going for 'pretty' but 'stunning' surpasses my wildest dreams! so thank you!

madelise - firstly, thank you so much, bww here i come!!!! and secondly, ummm wait a second! YOU'RE killing meeeeee without pics of your beautiful ring! i'll forgive you for now, but seriously, i'm dying. :knockout:

Acinom - thank you so much!

lknvrb4 - thanks! :))

kalomeli - hahahhah that's what i was going for - majestic! hahaha! i wish it glowed like that every second. that would either be awesome or very very distracting!!

motownmama - seriously?! what a compliment! thank you so much!

mary poppins - thank you kindly!

kathley - i was hoping the facets would come across in the photos. it's really nothing like what you see in person, but i'm glad you think so! thank you!!

missy - awwww.... reminiscent of your proposal! that is so wonderful! perhaps you could share the story sometime! thank you for your well-wishes. very sweet of you!

bastetcat - thank you so much! i will be going for a 'bastetcat-esque' stack so i'm gonna thank you in advance for the inspiration! yours is definitely one of my favs! i want a single stone and a VC band - how will i ever decide?! halp me! lol!

missymoo - thank you!!! i will do my best to find a way to take some inventive pics! i feel so limited with my camera phone! it's actually near banff, but isn't lake louise. we wanted to go up there but it was gonna be too cold & snowing. so we decided against it. very observant of you! hehe!

nowicanseethemoon - thank you kindly. and you're right about him!!

minousbijoux - i know, right??!?! so cool that you've been around to see my progession. ultimately, i'm super happy with where i landed. and i couldn't imagine a blue sapphire halo on my finger... so i guess it all works itself out! and thank you re: the pic. it was cold. there are some other pics with my hair blowing wildly - pretty hilarious.

SB621 - thank you sooo much! means a lot coming from you with your beautiful rock! :))

Diamondless - thank you!!!

derbygal - thank you! we were going for something different. although we totally ripped it off another setting, i hope we achieved it. ;-)

JaneSmith - thanks so much! glad i could satisfy your needs :)) hehe.

AnnaH - thank you kindly!

Enerchi - not too shabby indeed. we really do love the mountains. thank you for the well wishes!!!

JuneRose - ahhh, thank you so much!

pandabee - thank you my dear! it was quite an imperfect proposal but it was exactly right. totally 'us'. :bigsmile:

CathB - awww i am so glad to have touched you with our story! and thank you about the ring... it's very special to me, so your compliments mean a lot.

mom2boys - thank you so much! you have quite the beautiful rock yourself so it means a lot!

diamondseeker2006 - thank you very much! right back atcha ('bout the ring)

OECtime - thank you so much!

dragonfly411 - thank you! the mountains really speak for themselves, don't they? :))

junebug17 - what kind words! thank you so much!!! and thank you for letting me know about JOTW, i wouldn't have noticed if it weren't for you! :love:

Smith1942 - holy that's a lot of applause! thank you!!! and yes, the lakes in the mountains are truly amazing!!!!

vinjewels - thank you kindly!!!!

13. distracts
    Ideal_Rock

by distracts » Oct 13, 2013
    omg it looks amazing!

14. cinnamonstick
    Brilliant_Rock

by cinnamonstick » Oct 13, 2013
    VERY pretty and unique ring!!! Congrats! I like rose gold but would never have the nerve to get my diamond set in it...SO PRETTY!!

Nice job!

Congrats! Fantastic ring!

15. Rosebloom
    Ideal_Rock

by Rosebloom » Oct 13, 2013
    What a wonderful ring and the sweetest story! Many congratulations to you both!

16. Scarlett1
    Brilliant_Rock

by Scarlett1 » Oct 14, 2013
    Absolutely stunning. Really beautiful :love: Congratulations :appl:

17. pregcurious
    Ideal_Rock

by pregcurious » Oct 16, 2013
    Wow, this is beautiful. I love the proportions on your finger. Do you know the dimensions of your stone, and the dimensions of the halo? What size ring finger do you have?

18. movie zombie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by movie zombie » Oct 16, 2013
    congrats....and, oh, btw, I think your ring is timelessly [is that a word?] classic!
    and it looks great on your finger as well. :love:

19. Fancygems
    Shiny_Rock

by Fancygems » Oct 18, 2013
    This ring is just so beautiful. I adore rose gold, antique diamonds, and a thin milgrain bezel. The under gallery is stunning. Perfection! Really fantastic!!

20. lin_ny
    Brilliant_Rock

by lin_ny » Nov 4, 2013
    thanks again for the lovely comments. :oops:

I just bought an ultrasonic cleaner for my jewelry and took a few pretty pictures after cleaning so I thought I'd share.

it's so hard to really capture the facets with my cell phone camera... you just don't get the on/off like you see in person. often get the darkness in the centre! obstruction? reflection of my dark purple phone case? who knows. :confused: either way this baby has tons of fire!

img_20131104_133334.jpg

img_20131104_133146.jpg

img_20131104_132958.jpg

21. sparks1007
    Shiny_Rock

by sparks1007 » Nov 4, 2013
    Wow. That is a stunner.

Can I just ask please (as I'm looking at an OEC or two around that size...), what is your ring size? Totally gorgeous stone and setting. Really lovely and definitely one of the best on here - not to offend anyone, this ring is just more my style. :)

22. Jereni
    Brilliant_Rock

by Jereni » Nov 4, 2013
    I think this is so gorgeous. The rose gold looks GREAT with your skin tone. And what a cute story! Congrats to you both.

23. lin_ny
    Brilliant_Rock

by lin_ny » Nov 5, 2013
    Thank you so much. :)) Diameter was estimated around 6.72-6.82mm and 1.3 ct which may or may not be completely accurate because it was appraised while set. This makes it fairly deep at around 65% depth - other 1.3s may face up quite a bit larger than this one. Just wanted to give you some perspective as far as the size goes. My finger is a 4.25!

Thank you thank you! We're very happy! :praise:

24. derbygal
    Brilliant_Rock

by derbygal » Nov 5, 2013
    Back to drool at this beauty once again. The facet pattern on your stone is mesmerizing!

25. sparks1007
    Shiny_Rock

by sparks1007 » Nov 5, 2013
    Thanks so much for such a thorough response! It really is lovely and you have such lovely little fingers. :naughty: :naughty: You could never get away with saying that in the real world could you? :lol: What a weirdo thing to say :D

26. Ganesha
    Shiny_Rock

by Ganesha » Nov 5, 2013
    Many congratulations on your engagement! The stone is absolutely stunning and the setting is perfection! Enjoy every minute of being engaged and wearing that stunning ring!

27. lin_ny
    Brilliant_Rock

by lin_ny » Dec 15, 2013
    This is a very belated reply but thank you so much. :))

I do what I can. :lol:

Yes I do have skinny skeletor fingers! No, no you couldn't get away with that kind of flattering compliment! Seriously! Pricescope is the only place you wanna have skeletor fingers! :lol:

Once again, belated reply... but thank you! I am really, really enjoying it! Getting so many compliments and loving the times I'm in Walmart especially! :lol: Lighting in there is really fantastic!

28. minidancer
    Shiny_Rock

by minidancer » May 4, 2014
    Your story made me tear up a little. How perfect :) You have yourself a beautiful ring! Many congratulations!

29. redroze
    Shiny_Rock

by redroze » May 4, 2014
    I looooove your ring. Especially the milgrain inside of the bezel. So very pretty.

30. Harpertoo
    Brilliant_Rock

by Harpertoo » May 4, 2014
    love it!!!!! :love: :love: :love: