shape
carat
color
clarity

Gooooooing to the Chapel and we''re gonna get ma-a-a-ried! [E-ring Pics!]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats,what a story ,beautiful rings.
30.gif
10.gif
36.gif

coconut

Shiny_Rock
YAY YAY YAY!!!
So sparkly and beautiful!!
Congratulations on your engagement and the FABULOUS ring!!!!
30.gif

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/27/2005 7:14:01 PM
Author: Patty

According to my math, your side stones are about 8 points each.
WOAH!
6.gif
They ARE?! I had no idea! Hahaha! I figured they were like maybe 2-3 like most of the other rings on PS. Crazy! I didn''t think the band was that much thicker than Mara''s (from remembering what she said about it on a previous post) so I figured the stones were about on par with hers, and the infamous shared prong ring clubs''.

It''s pretty funny actually - I was like so into the analysis and numbers and now I don''t care, I''m just like I love my ring, end of story, I don''t need to know anything but that.
37.gif
Silly girl ...

Aww shucks everyone thanks so much for the comments
21.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah those definitely look bigger and blingier than my 3 pointers!!

My e-ring is size 6 and has 24 3 pointers for a tcw of .72. So assuming yours was more like 19 or 20 stones, then around 7 or 8 pointers would be about right!

It''s awesome! I think I mentioned it up above (or maybe not since my coffee is still brewing) but I love how people can be inspired by other people''s rings but in the end it still comes out unique because you add your own touches to things. We got our inspiration from my jewelers wife''s ring, she has a 1c center stone and 4 pointers in YG which is stunning on her hand, so we decided 3 pointers to be a bit more subtle and in platinum with a slightly different head (though we liked hers we somehow got a different one) and bam...unique ring! It''s the same with yours!
9.gif

Oh and let me just say I have only ever in real life seen one ring that is remotely close to mine, in Carmel in a jeweler''s window, it was 4 pronged eternity platinum like ours but a different head. Stones were probably about 3 pointers like mine. But other than that, never!

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
What a great proposal! How sweet it was of him to think of everything, right down to the piece of lint! LOL Your ring? well, it''s fabulous! I''m glad you got exactly what you wanted (I''ve always admired all of the ''lookalike'' eternity rings!). It sounds like everything worked out perfectly for the both of you. Congratulations!!

I have to tell you that I truly enjoyed going down memory lane with you in choosing your ring. It is such a great touch to a happy ending! Enjoy your ring, your fiance and a lifetime of happiness!

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/28/2005 11:22:45 AM
Author: didiamond
What a great proposal! How sweet it was of him to think of everything, right down to the piece of lint!
I mentioned that to him today! I was like "do you know what the sweetest thing was, the lint" - and he was like huh? Lol. Funny. I have told everyone about that because I thought it was so sweet but he forgot he had done that.

I''ve noticed something funny - my ring is gorgeous and I love it and I think it suits me perfectly, but when others try it on I''m like "eh, it looks better on me." hehe! Funny thing about how a style can look great on one person and not on another.

Can''t wait to get a wedding band to go with it, hehe!

MARA - I remember you posting the yellow gold version of your ring on a thread once and I never found it again! Can you post it here for me? (Just FYI for a friend of mine who wears yellow gold
2.gif
) I love having a ring that is slightly different, and I am so glad I found PS and thought outside the blue box - I never would have stumbled on your ring otherwise!!
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Mara...there are 18 sidestones in the ring.

sideviewbeforeresize.jpg

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/30/2005 8:37:39 AM
Mara...there are 18 sidestones in the ring.
Yup. Well, now 17. It was 1.5K tw, 18 stones in the band. They took one out to resize it down to a 5.5. So by your math patty they are like 8 pointers or just slightly under? No wonder I get wide eyed looks when people spot my ring ...
4.gif

3.gif
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
LOL...If your ring WAS 18 stones totalling 1.5c (150 points), each stone was approximately 8.33 points.

If they took out one 8 point stone, your ring is now 17 stones for a total of approx. 1.42 carats.
9.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock

How did I miss this?!?!

Congratulations!!

36.gif
It''s beautiful!
30.gif

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/30/2005 9:46:10 AM
LOL...If your ring WAS 18 stones totalling 1.5c (150 points), each stone was approximately 8.33 points.

If they took out one 8 point stone, your ring is now 17 stones for a total of approx. 1.42 carats.
9.gif
WOWSERS!
6.gif
hehehe.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on a wonderful diamond journey with a beautifl result!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful proposal & GORGEOUS ring!!! It looks so stunning on your hand!!

I loved seeing all of the rings that went through your decision process ~ I had a similar process that started with princess cut 3-stone rings and ended when I saw Mara''s ring and knew that was the one!!! I really love the 4 prongs as well - I think that you and Mara have the hands to carry it - my fingers are so stubby that I decided on the shared prong. There are so many of us on PS that have been inspired by Mara''s beauty that I think I almost have a skewed expectation of how common that style ring is - but it''s not common at all in the "real world" outside of PS. Like Mara mentioned, I''ve never seen anything similar to my ring or even seen something like it in any jewelry store I''ve visited. But, even if it were, I wouldn''t care because it''s just an amazing design, regardless of the particular interpretation each of us have!!

Congratulations FD!!!

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Jennifer and Teebee
1.gif
I was so inspired by all the PS rings in my journey (why bother looking in regular jewelery stores when the things people here have come up with are a thousand times better!!) so it''s exciting to be showing the finished product off here!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FD...here are the pics of the jeweler''s wife''s ring that inspired ours!

She had a 1c center with 4 pointers all the way around. The YG and the diamonds were a beautiful contrast to each other!!

yvonne ring a.JPG

michela002

Shiny_Rock
It''s a very different look in yellow gold!! Each with their own appeal obviously, but I like white better, hehehehe
3.gif
Self-centeredness speaking!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep i am not a YG person at all but i do admit hers looked stunning. it was very bright...the center stone and the melee were just eye-popping.

the one thing i wanted which did not end up being done on my ring was that the bottom of her ring was very open, so you could see the bottom of the melee stones and clean them very easily, you can see it in that 2nd picture, i think it also made them look brighter. but mine ended up only having the typical small holes and not being open when all was said and done, so i was a bit disappointed in that result. but it was a small thing.

michela002

Shiny_Rock
More pickies!!

shinycloseups.jpg

michela002

Shiny_Rock

shinyfun2.jpg

michela002

Shiny_Rock
I love the view in this light!!!!!

shinyfun1.jpg

michela002

Shiny_Rock
The colours!!!! I can''t believe the colours coming off it, and that I managed to get photos!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

shinycrazycolours.jpg

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
wow!!!
30.gif

gorgeous as always!

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Congratulations
36.gif

@ how thoughtful proposal and very beautiful E-ring
30.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2005 2:56:59 AM
Author: Finally Decisive!
The colours!!!! I can''t believe the colours coming off it, and that I managed to get photos!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
Wow!!!! It''s gorgeous FD!
30.gif
36.gif

Cool name change too! LOL!
9.gif

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all!

But um not to sound ignorant, but what is "FD"? Two people have used it now and I feel so very blonde at the moment ...
40.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
heeehehe ...it''s you - Finally Decisive!
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2005 8:09:12 AM
Author: kaylagee
9.gif

LOL!
9.gif

I love the new pictures of it, FD! (that''s YOU)

You got some amazing shots of it.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Love those new pics!! Keep them coming!
31.gif

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/31/2005 8:09:12 AM
Author: kaylagee
9.gif
HAHAHAHA! Oh, sometimes my blondeness surprises even myself!
37.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow that last color shot is nearly blinding! Very nice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results