shape
carat
color
clarity

Gooooooing to the Chapel and we''re gonna get ma-a-a-ried! [E-ring Pics!]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! What an amazing and very thoughtful proposal...I love that he wanted to record it. And of course your ring is beautiful!

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Well, that''s all folks! Thanks for viewing, I know I was a pain in the lead up, but I always thought when I saw people''s finished products that I''d love to see the process that got them there, why they chose what they did, and given I always moaned about my indecisiveness I thought I''d showcase it in all its glory ... along with the finished product!!

Thanks everyone here for the knowledge and the eyecandy. Thanks Mara for the inspiring ring, and hopefully (!!!) not minding that I pilfered the design!

Now I get to get on with the exciting (and terrifying and headache-inducing-at-the-thought-of-planning!) part ... getting married to the most awesome man in the world.
30.gif

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all for your nice comments!! It was such a wonderful day (and trip!) I am very lucky, not only with my fiance, but also with the wonderful proposal. I got the ring of my dreams but also the wonderful surprise, and he really outdid himself.

peachy

Shiny_Rock
What an incredible story...and LOVE the ring!! Wear it in health and happiness!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
that looks amazing!
30.gif

congrats!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! That is one gorgeous ring and the proposal story is so sweet. I even enjoyed the pictures of your rejected designs! Thanks for sharing.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a sweet story and awesome surprise. Congrats on your engagement. Your ring is gorgeous and I''m glad you ended up getting exactly what you wanted. Are you going to get the matching wedding band too?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''ve been following your indecisive journey for quite some time (and i actually read through the whole thing again!) what a wonderful ending to your new beginning!
36.gif

your ring is absolutely beautiful.
congratulations and best wishes for the future!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh MY!!!!!!!!
30.gif

This entire thread had me smiling with tears in my eyes throughout!! How sweet!!!!

FD: Your ring is just gorgeous, and that man of yours sounds like an absolute treasure!

Heartiest congratulations to you both!!!

widget

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!! what an amazing proposal and a wonderful story to share with your children in the future...and you could not have gone wrong by choosing this amazing ring! Mara''s ring has inspired many a PS''er!
30.gif

wish you all the best and may you wear it in good health!
36.gif
36.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, what a wonderful proposal story! You have a very thoughtful FIANCE!! The ring is just gorgeous and looks amazing on your hand. Mara has fantastic taste so you can't go wrong in following her lead! Congratulations on your engagement--enjoy!!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful all round! Love the polar bear jammies too!!

cheers--Sharon

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring!
36.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
i love how it has the sparkle of a shared prong and the security of 4 prongs! will your wedding band also be a 4 prong eternity?

beautiful!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! Congratulations!!! See, when you least expect it is when it happens!

I like that each diamond around the band kinda has its own "box" to sit in. A nice twist on the eternity style!

YEA!!!
36.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow!!!
30.gif
What a great proposal and a fantastic ring!!! He sounds like such a sweetheart
36.gif

Congratulations, I am so happy for you!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous!
30.gif

Did they have a hard time resizing it since it had diamonds all the way around?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FD, It''s absolutely beautiful!!!

So that is what my ring would look like with what, 5 or 6 pointers (?) going around the entire thing!
30.gif
It''s stunning and I think it compliments the center stone very nicely, very nice size to band ratio IMO!!

I loved reading through the beginning of the thread where you posted all the different options you considered. If I did that, we would have been here for a year, I was SOOO indecisive way back when!! Finally it was Greg who said, we both like this setting, so lets just get it! End of story...he was ready to pull his hair out with all the setting pictures laying around the house.
31.gif

My ring may have inspired you but yours is definitely unique in it''s own right with the larger stones, the different stone head...very very beautiful! Wear it in the best of health! And feel more secure than pave because those little 4 prongs on each stone ain''t going nowhere!! Congrats!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful proposal story! What a beautiful ring!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
So happy to read your story and see what you finally decided and to see how sweet your fiance was in all of this too. Your ring is gorgeous...I am loving your band with the larger stones!! Substantial but still delicate looking....with a gorgeous center stone. Absoltuely fabulous!!

And you are so sweet in giving him such a lovely and unique gift as well.

Congratulations!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great story and beautiful ring! I have to admit I flirted with many of those ring designs you considered...it''s a tough choice!!! I love the setting you chose and I love the big diamonds in the band! It looks wonderful.
36.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet proposal and a beautiful ring!!! I loved your story of how you came to decide on YOUR ring....very clever!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on the engagement! Your fiance sounds so sweet to have planned everything out to such detail, with all the gifts, champagne flutes, video setup (I liked the Paris Hilton comment you gave him...LOL), and song. That is too sweet. I''m so happy you love the ring that he got you. Enjoy your wonderful moment! I wish you two endless happiness and health.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2005 12:25:27 PM
Author: Mara
FD, It''s absolutely beautiful!!!

I was SOOO indecisive way back when!! Finally it was Greg who said, we both like this setting, so lets just get it! End of story...
Congratulations on your engagement!
36.gif
Your proposal story was just so sweet and wonderful! Thank you for sharing it with us! (aren''t you glad you didn''t enjoy the root beer, Lucky Charms & salsa before he proposed?
emcrook.gif
I love that he did so much preparation for your proposal...even down to marking your "spot" with lint! That''s just adorable! What a great guy!

Thanks for sharing your mental journey to find the perfect ring as well. It makes me feel a bit better at having gone through so many different and wildly diverse options for my own ring!
20.gif
The exact same thing happened to me & my FI as in the quote above by Mara. After going back & forth w/ so many options, I finally showed him a pic of the ring that inspired mine & my FI said, "that looks great--let''s do it!" So we did.
2.gif

The ring you chose is just gorgous! It''s so beautiful & sparkly & looks wonderful on your hand! I like how the prongs make your RB look a bit square too. Very cool. Wear it in good health & congrats again!
36.gif

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone!!!!! You are all so sweet. I just adore the ring, and (unbelievably!) even more so because of the effort he put into it, and I''m glad others think it''s perdy too.
1.gif
I got back to work for my first day after my vacation and was like hmm let''s see how long it takes for someone to notice - a scant 40 minutes!!!!! Crazy. Someone was like "woah was is THAT?" And then the cat was out of the bag ... Word spread quickly and people told others to go check out my ring!!

mrssalvo and PunchNPie75: I''ll get the matching wedding band.
1.gif
It''ll look just like the band of the e-ring. I went into a jewelery store to try on something similar (just to get an idea of how it would look
3.gif
) and WOAH! Crazy sparkles!!!!!

Patty: The resizing went perfectly, actually (quite surprisingly!) I thought it would be difficult, so when we called the jeweler to schedule an appointment to bring the ring in I said perhaps we can put in sizing beads and she said sure. (Actually, she said oh that''s a good idea - that way if you get pregnant later down the track we can just cut the balls off
2.gif
My boyfriend could not stop laughing!) However, when we got there, she sized me at a 5.5 rather than the 6 I had expected to get, and the sizing balls would only work for half a size (the ring was originally 6.5). So she said oh we can just take out one stone, and as it turns out, that was the perfect size. It is a teensy bit loose in the cold (the ring spins ever so slightly) and sometimes tighter than I would like in the heat (but that''s just because I prefer my rings real floppy - it''s a perfect snug fit for anyone who wasn''t me!) so it worked perfectly. The band is actually kind of like little boxes or compartments of stones, all put together, so they just took one "box" out. The next test will be what we do when I get a wedding band with it - I fear the ring may have to get a little bit bigger because I''ll have the two. But we''ll see! I''m already thinking perhaps they can add a teensy bit of metal just under the head, you won''t notice it from the top, that will size it up just that small amount to make two bands comfy. I was pretty lucky with the resize though. My boyfriend was disappointed, as he''d been so proud of himself for sneakily getting my ring size! But it all worked out in the end.
1.gif

Mara: I don''t actually know how many pointers they are ... the band is somewhere between 2.5mm-3mm, maybe 2.7 or 2.8mm? Not sure what that makes the stones though. Had I had an even more active part in the actual ring design I would have made the band thinner, but now I''m glad it''s like this - it means my wedding band will be of a nice width if worn solo, rather than being a little on the skinny side. It''s not a thick band by any means, but just has more "heft" to it. I quite like the ratio of centre to band too. The centre is perfect for me - I have fairly little hands, and I like that I can wear the ring no matter what. It is fairly "bling-y" but it still looks fine if I''m in my trackies and sweatshirt, not too trashy Britney ... I like the head they put on it too, my boy said it was the one thing they didn''t copy quite so much but I love it. And FYI you are right when you commented many months ago about a higher setting, I love it!! But thanks so much for the inspiration - and the many thousands of pics you posted over the past year+! The jeweler had a lot to work from after my friend sent ''em to my boy!! What I love too is that though there are tons of rings like this on PS, no one has seen anything like it in real life!! So I''m unique
2.gif
hehe. You must get that all the time too!

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

They need a "Cloud 9" emoticon!!!

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! I loved your story, so sweet, and so thoughtful too on his part. Your ring is fabulous and like other''s here I''m also partial to those eternity sets since I also have one!

Best wishes to you both and may you have happy years ahead too!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad that they could size the ring correctly for you! I hate to see someone have to use sizing balls on a new ring.

According to my math, your side stones are about 8 points each.

There are 18 side stones in the band and you said the band totals 1.5c.

18 X 8 = 144

18 X 8.3 =150

If it was 1.5 carats total before they took out the extra stone, then they are 8 pointers for sure. (19 X 8=152)

My wedding band has 7 and 8 point side stones and I love that size. I've always thought that a band of diamonds that size supporting one center diamond would be perfect. Your ring proves my theory. I love it!

(and yes, I am a little bit OCD...
20.gif
)

Bev

Shiny_Rock
It is so beautiful! Congratulations!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! love the story... your lovely FI was so thoughtful and talented!!! thank you for sharing... the story''s my fav part... hehe. next to the diamonds, of course!!
31.gif

that is a nice pocketwatch too, btw!
1.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Took long enough to get to your pictures
3.gif

What a great surprise!! Your fiance sounds so sweet to have that all planned out for you, and I am impressed at how sneaky he was to get your ring size!! It really is a beautiful ring, so very sparkly! Congratulations on your engagement!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results