tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's beautiful chappy...nice choice!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@chappy
Ramen noodles lol! I never wear necklaces, so it hasn't been worn. It's pretty old from what I gather.

And I love the new bangle with your jade bracelet.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@chappy I adore your new bangle! To satisfy my itch for a bangle I purchased the small Cartier love, but I’m so scared to scratch it so it sits in the safe :(2 This looks like the perfect bangle to me, simple, beautiful and easy to wear!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@chappy I adore your new bangle! To satisfy my itch for a bangle I purchased the small Cartier love, but I’m so scared to scratch it so it sits in the safe :(2 This looks like the perfect bangle to me, simple, beautiful and easy to wear!

All bangles get scratched! You should really be wearing and enjoying your love. :kiss2:

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium

You should wear it! It breaks my heart to hear beautiful things are not being used.

Loving all the bangles & cuff pics - I too recently had a cuff made. I was looking to find use for a diamond I had, so I had something made in silver (gold was just too $$$ for me...I'd rather spend the money on the stone than the metal).

Here it is (under crappy office fluorescent lighting)
20180502_094744.jpg

ps - I'm a man - hence the non-delicate design.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should wear it! It breaks my heart to hear beautiful things are not being used.

Loving all the bangles & cuff pics - I too recently had a cuff made. I was looking to find use for a diamond I had, so I had something made in silver (gold was just too $$$ for me...I'd rather spend the money on the stone than the metal).

20180502_094744.jpg

What a cool cuff bracelet! Love the design.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a cool cuff bracelet! Love the design.
Thanks!

Sorry for hijacking thread Chappy! I have to say I'm rather intrigued by the idea of 24k gold...I don't think I've ever seen it that pure in person. How soft is it, exactly? I imagine I'd ruin anything so quickly.

Allgems

Rough_Rock
Premium
I think you will be happy with your new 24k bangle. I have a very similar one, only mine has a bit more flat design.
It is truly soft, I actually adjust it on my wrist to be more oval shape. And when I wear it I don't take it off in the evening, I shower and sleep with it, to avoid always changing the shape while putting it on and off, I worry it might break one day, so I just keep wearing it day and night, until I get bored. You can see that after I take it off, the bangle has weird shape, it was round when displayed in the store.
The photo on my hand was taken when i had it for the first day, 3 years ago, it was quite shiny then.now it is more dull looking, which I still like, but jeweler told me I can bring it for free shining.
I also have pendants and rings in 24k gold, I do not really wear the rings and pendants very rarely. The items without stones I only pay for weight of gold and a very minimal labor charge so I might sell them one day, especially that gold is more expensive now.
Enjoy your bangle!
20180502_230124.jpg 20180502_225833.jpg 20180502_225841.jpg 20180502_225945.jpg

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I take it you don't like scratches? I'd just wear it and let the scratches be its personality. It's a real shame to let the safe enjoy it, when it'd look so much better on your arm! The thin love is beautiful, if only it fit right I'd have totally purchased (and be wearing daily).

If you're thinking of getting a 24k adjustable bangle like mine, it's soft and will definitely gain scratches. Personally that doesn't bother me, I think it looks better with patina. Only worry was that it'd bend out of shape, but so far so good! And anyway, it retains value regardless of scratches (short of actually gouging out material), so I just think of it as wearable money that can easily be liquidated. :dance:

20180502_094744.jpg

That's awesome! What's the blue gem? I love silver as well! I have a pure 999 silver bangle that I really like, but it isn't adjustable so gets in the way with all the dangling. I think this piece looks better in silver, so good choice!

Thanks!

Sorry for hijacking thread Chappy! I have to say I'm rather intrigued by the idea of 24k gold...I don't think I've ever seen it that pure in person. How soft is it, exactly? I imagine I'd ruin anything so quickly.

This thread's original purpose has already been served, so any further discussion about any kind of bangle is definitely welcome! =)2

I haven't taken off the bangle since getting it almost a week ago, and it's kept its shape very well, much better than I'd expected (shown next to a -fake- but accurate approximation of a thin love, hopefully useful to RosieR):

Bzr4vsn.jpg

What's most fascinating to me is how pale and unsaturated 18k gold looks next to it! Cartier's (authentic) trinity ring is a perfect comparison. Before closely observing 24k gold, I always thought it was just orange-hued, like rose gold is pink-hued, but it's more than that. Besides hue, it's the saturation, and a stronger "glow". It really outshines lower karat gold in any tone, and this effect is more apparent to my eyes than in photos. I tried to capture it anyway:

8Qvhg23.jpg

lSEXTKs.jpg

With such a strong color, I actually think lower karat gold is easier to wear, especially in bolder pieces. With 24k, less is really more...

I think you will be happy with your new 24k bangle. I have a very similar one, only mine has a bit more flat design.
It is truly soft, I actually adjust it on my wrist to be more oval shape. And when I wear it I don't take it off in the evening, I shower and sleep with it, to avoid always changing the shape while putting it on and off, I worry it might break one day, so I just keep wearing it day and night, until I get bored. You can see that after I take it off, the bangle has weird shape, it was round when displayed in the store.
The photo on my hand was taken when i had it for the first day, 3 years ago, it was quite shiny then.now it is more dull looking, which I still like, but jeweler told me I can bring it for free shining.
I also have pendants and rings in 24k gold, I do not really wear the rings and pendants very rarely. The items without stones I only pay for weight of gold and a very minimal labor charge so I might sell them one day, especially that gold is more expensive now.
Enjoy your bangle!
20180502_230124.jpg 20180502_225833.jpg 20180502_225841.jpg 20180502_225945.jpg
It looks great on you, thanks for the pics, very insightful! That owl and music note is very very cute. I find it difficult to adjust the shape of mine though, maybe because it's round instead of flat like yours? When adjusting it the first time I actually broke my skin, due to excessive force. Still have the cut on my wrist so I'm not eager to attempt another adjustment anytime soon! :|

How long did you wear it for, and do you still wear it these days? What does it look like when worn, now? I'm afraid of taking mine off for fear of mangling it! Although I guess it should be simple for any jeweler to restore it to round again.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I take it you don't like scratches? I'd just wear it and let the scratches be its personality. It's a real shame to let the safe enjoy it, when it'd look so much better on your arm! The thin love is beautiful, if only it fit right I'd have totally purchased (and be wearing daily).

If you're thinking of getting a 24k adjustable bangle like mine, it's soft and will definitely gain scratches. Personally that doesn't bother me, I think it looks better with patina. Only worry was that it'd bend out of shape, but so far so good! And anyway, it retains value regardless of scratches (short of actually gouging out material), so I just think of it as wearable money that can easily be liquidated. :dance:

That's awesome! What's the blue gem? I love silver as well! I have a pure 999 silver bangle that I really like, but it isn't adjustable so gets in the way with all the dangling. I think this piece looks better in silver, so good choice!

This thread's original purpose has already been served, so any further discussion about any kind of bangle is definitely welcome! =)2

I haven't taken off the bangle since getting it almost a week ago, and it's kept its shape very well, much better than I'd expected (shown next to a -fake- but accurate approximation of a thin love, hopefully useful to RosieR):

Bzr4vsn.jpg

What's most fascinating to me is how pale and unsaturated 18k gold looks next to it! Cartier's (authentic) trinity ring is a perfect comparison. Before closely observing 24k gold, I always thought it was just orange-hued, like rose gold is pink-hued, but it's more than that. Besides hue, it's the saturation, and a stronger "glow". It really outshines lower karat gold in any tone, and this effect is more apparent to my eyes than in photos. I tried to capture it anyway:

8Qvhg23.jpg

lSEXTKs.jpg

With such a strong color, I actually think lower karat gold is easier to wear, especially in bolder pieces. With 24k, less is really more...

It looks great on you, thanks for the pics, very insightful! That owl and music note is very very cute. I find it difficult to adjust the shape of mine though, maybe because it's round instead of flat like yours? When adjusting it the first time I actually broke my skin, due to excessive force. Still have the cut on my wrist so I'm not eager to attempt another adjustment anytime soon! :|

How long did you wear it for, and do you still wear it these days? What does it look like when worn, now? I'm afraid of taking mine off for fear of mangling it! Although I guess it should be simple for any jeweler to restore it to round again.

The other gem is actually an emerald - photographing jewelry is definitely not my strong suit!

I see what you mean about the hue differing from the 18k gold - very interesting. I've never owned a yellow-gold piece before - not sure I could pull it off with my pasty complexion.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that is an awesome cuff bracelet.. I would like it! and I"m an old woman... the design is sleek.. i love sleek jewelry, not much of a filigree type girl (old).. enjoy wearing it it's magnificent!

20180502_094744.jpg

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
that is an awesome cuff bracelet.. I would like it! and I"m an old woman... the design is sleek.. i love sleek jewelry, not much of a filigree type girl (old).. enjoy wearing it it's magnificent!
Thanks! That's really nice of you to say! :kiss2:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the pictures @chappy I actually sold a matching pair of very ornately miligraned 22k gold bangles (I think there are some pictures still on a previous bracelet thread) because they kept pulling on my clothes and used the funds to purchase the love. I adore the mirror like finish on this particular piece it really shines! Now I’m thinking I should take it to a second hand dealer and swap it for something else.

Allgems

Rough_Rock
Premium
How long did you wear it for, and do you still wear it these days? What does it look like when worn, now? I'm afraid of taking mine off for fear of mangling it! Although I guess it should be simple for any jeweler to restore it to round again

I was the same like you, afraid to take it off! When I first bought it, I wore it constantly, day and night, for a very long time, I think a year. I still wear it from time to time, but take it off when want to wear other pieces and when wearing white gold ring (but maybe it still would work?).
Only the photo in a restaurant was taken on a day I bought it, 3 years ago, photos with that grey tray were taken yesterday. The shape when I take it off is not round any more, but it can be adjusted and still looks ok.
The photos below I took today.

20180503_074151.jpg 20180503_074141.jpg 20180503_074136.jpg

Last edited:

Allgems

Rough_Rock
Premium
I think it looks better with patina.
That was the same sentence I told my S.A. when he suggested bringing the bangle for shining:razz:.

Last edited:

Allgems

Rough_Rock
Premium
And anyway, it retains value regardless of scratches (short of actually gouging out material), so I just think of it as wearable money that can easily be liquidated.
That's right, especially if you buy the pieces that are priced by weight.

Allgems

Rough_Rock
Premium
Before closely observing 24k gold, I always thought it was just orange-hued, like rose gold is pink-hued, but it's more than that. Besideshue, it's the saturation, and a stronger "glow".
I have read somewhere that 24k has a bit reddish hue to it and I think it is true. Also agree with you about the glow, it's very gentle, not aggressive. And I like the tactile feeling, soft and warm, cannot stop myself from touching it.

Allgems

Rough_Rock
Premium
I find it difficult to adjust the shape of mine though, maybe because it's round instead of flat like yours?

Maybe, or maybe because it is still very new. I like your shape very much, I was actually leaning towards it, but the bangle was a gift from my husband and both he and SA suggested the flat design as looking better on my "manly" arm. (I asked SA to let me try both, he was reluctant citing "no trying 24k bangles" policy, but I promised that I will definitely buy one of them just want to make sure which one is better choice for me, so he agreed.)

Do not force changing shape. For me it was kind of natural process, and the way I adjust the size. When I put it on the first time, I was not sure what size was most comfortable for daily wear, so kept adjusting, untill i found the fit I liked and then the shape adjusted a bit too. Also, I have a feeling (might be just in my head) that the bangle became a bit softer with constant use. And my hand is quite big comparing to my wrist so I need to make it into a big circle to put it on. So if I just put it on and adjust the size directly on the wrist, the shape would be weird.

I just push it up my wrist until it feels snug, and then kind of massage it with my hand until gets a bit smaller (and shapes to my arm), then push it down, massage, down, massage, down, until I get to the wrist area, so that the size adjusts gently, without bending. Sometimes I turn it around from time to time, to get more even oval. I stop until I get the size and shape I want. Sounds complicated, but it's really not.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In case it's not clear from the photos, the two bangles have identical patterns, and I'll only need to use one to turn into something wearable! I don't know what I'd do if I kept as is... they're REALLY soft! I had one out and was just playing with it now, and oops squished it a bit. :lol-2: Quickly put it back in the box.

The idea would be to use the gold from one, yes, a remake. Coincidentally, the shop I passed by with the perfect-fit 18k bangles, is the SAME shop MIL bought these 24k bangles from! I had no idea. I'm going in to see what they can do this Saturday, very hopeful! Just one of these bangles already weighs more than the biggest Cartier Love, so I'm thinking I can even get two smaller bangles out of one... maybe a hinged one in 22k YG, and a second 51mm solid bangle in 18k WG??

BTW I'd LOVE any photos of gold bangles if you guys have any! :) Inspiration would be perfect.

chappy-

There are photos of bangles in The Gold Thread (although you may no longer need any) and I would love to see you add photos of all your gold jewelry to that thread. You have some beautiful pieces!

The Gold Thread...https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/page-61

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF :wavey:

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
9E0AC7BC-FC0D-44B4-BE86-ED8F391842B9.jpeg A3B27B49-BD42-44D0-B33E-124DA512CF7F.jpeg
chappy-

There are photos of bangles in The Gold Thread (although you may no longer need any) and I would love to see you add photos of all your gold jewelry to that thread. You have some beautiful pieces!

The Gold Thread...https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/page-61

Hugs,
These treads are a bad influence... another impulse buy... as much as I love the richness and intensity of 24k gold, I just don’t have the skin color to pull it off, so 18k it is!

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I was the same like you, afraid to take it off! When I first bought it, I wore it constantly, day and night, for a very long time, I think a year. I still wear it from time to time, but take it off when want to wear other pieces and when wearing white gold ring (but maybe it still would work?).
Only the photo in a restaurant was taken on a day I bought it, 3 years ago, photos with that grey tray were taken yesterday. The shape when I take it off is not round any more, but it can be adjusted and still looks ok.
The photos below I took today.

20180503_074151.jpg 20180503_074141.jpg 20180503_074136.jpg
Thank you for the additional photos! It still looks mighty shiny. I wonder if it's even possible to dull 24k gold! Do you mind sharing the weight of your piece? It looks more substantial than mine, though hard to say since it is flatter as well. Just curious!

Maybe, or maybe because it is still very new. I like your shape very much, I was actually leaning towards it, but the bangle was a gift from my husband and both he and SA suggested the flat design as looking better on my "manly" arm. (I asked SA to let me try both, he was reluctant citing "no trying 24k bangles" policy, but I promised that I will definitely buy one of them just want to make sure which one is better choice for me, so he agreed.)

Do not force changing shape. For me it was kind of natural process, and the way I adjust the size. When I put it on the first time, I was not sure what size was most comfortable for daily wear, so kept adjusting, untill i found the fit I liked and then the shape adjusted a bit too. Also, I have a feeling (might be just in my head) that the bangle became a bit softer with constant use. And my hand is quite big comparing to my wrist so I need to make it into a big circle to put it on. So if I just put it on and adjust the size directly on the wrist, the shape would be weird.

I just push it up my wrist until it feels snug, and then kind of massage it with my hand until gets a bit smaller (and shapes to my arm), then push it down, massage, down, massage, down, until I get to the wrist area, so that the size adjusts gently, without bending. Sometimes I turn it around from time to time, to get more even oval. I stop until I get the size and shape I want. Sounds complicated, but it's really not.
MANLY arm?! :eek2: I see no such thing in this thread, especially since @daneshpastry hasn't posted any photos of his arm (yet)! Although, I wanted to find one with YOUR shape but they didn't have a good one (the only version available was TOO flat, very flimsy looking). Thanks to your advice I slowly molded it over the days and now it's an even better fit! It's nearly a perfect oval now and I love it even more.

The other gem is actually an emerald - photographing jewelry is definitely not my strong suit!

I see what you mean about the hue differing from the 18k gold - very interesting. I've never owned a yellow-gold piece before - not sure I could pull it off with my pasty complexion.
Emerald, ahhh the super pretty but soft gem. Do you wear this piece daily? Is the emerald safe in that setting? It's such a cool piece though. Also, I think what color metals suit depends more on skin undertone than how "pasty" (haha) or dark you are. Like "cool" vs "warm"; you can have "cool" or "warm" in any color (including warm blue, and cool red!). To be honest I'm pretty sure I look better in silver or rose-gold, but it's just a narrow slash of color so even neon green would be fine IMO. :tongue:

Thanks for the pictures @chappy I actually sold a matching pair of very ornately miligraned 22k gold bangles (I think there are some pictures still on a previous bracelet thread) because they kept pulling on my clothes and used the funds to purchase the love. I adore the mirror like finish on this particular piece it really shines! Now I’m thinking I should take it to a second hand dealer and swap it for something else.
Aw, I'd love to see photos, that sounds beautiful! I'll try looking through your history to find it. How did they pull your clothes? Did they have hooked design elements...? Man, it sucks if you have to sell it second hand, always lose some value in that exchange. If it fits you I would just rock it, you can see celebrities wearing their worn Loves, and the scratches don't detract from the shininess! I hope you find what you're looking for so you can wear it and enjoy it daily.

chappy-

Hugs,
Thanks for the link, I will definitely take a look through that thread!

9E0AC7BC-FC0D-44B4-BE86-ED8F391842B9.jpeg A3B27B49-BD42-44D0-B33E-124DA512CF7F.jpeg
These treads are a bad influence... another impulse buy... as much as I love the richness and intensity of 24k gold, I just don’t have the skin color to pull it off, so 18k it is!
Ohhh pretty new bangle, Tiffany? You might be surprised, I didn't think I could pull of 24k either since I've only seen the material used in large pieces before (like the bangles MIL gave me), and it was waaay too conspicuous. Anyway, you're lucky to find bangles that fit you well off the shelf, I would prefer to buy 18k that didn't change shape IF it just damn fit. So many more design options there! Great choice by the way, is it the hinged or cuff version?

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chappy, yes it is the Tiffany Atlas open narrow bangle, so not hinged or cuf, it is completely round. I love the 24k richness, actually I forgot about a gifted bracelet for my daughter and just put it on her today, it looks great, although she’s only 3 so anything looks cute! You hit the nail with 24k could be at risk of being too conspicuous, I wanted a more heavy/substantial piece, it’s tough to find one in 24k. Yours and @Allgems are definitely knock out picks!

Allgems

Rough_Rock
Premium
Do you mind sharing the weight of your piece?
I cannot find my receipt now, from what I remember it was about 35g, around 1 tael. (plus/minus 5g as I don't have a good memory for numbers).

I wonder if it's even possible to dull 24k gold!
:mrgreen2: Unless it comes "dull" by design, kind of brushed, like here:
https://www.chowsangsang.com/eshop-...ld-jewellery//p/PRD-89876GAK-488821-WT-1.0460
Or here
https://www.ctfeshop.com.hk/p/01F03129020

Although, I wanted to find one with YOUR shape but they didn't have a good one (the only version available was TOO flat, very flimsy looking)
I agree with your feeling, I also did not want flimsy as I am quite hard on my jewelry, plus flimsy ones feel like toys. When I wanted to buy the same bracelet for my mum, I then learnt that they have the same design in different sizes and thickness (including flimsy ones) so with a patient SA it is possible to find a bracelet for any wrist and budget. But I did not know that when I was buying mine so was lucky the one I got feels just right in terms of weight. However, I bought it at the large chain jewelry store so obviously they have many choices.

Thanks to your advice I slowly molded it over the days and now it's an even better fit! It's nearly a perfect oval now and I love it even more.
I'm happy it works for you!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
:wink2:Hi

Also thanks for this thread, after your comments I went to the safe and collected my love and have been wearing it and enjoying it all weekend =)2

:clap::clap::clap:

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
:wink2:Hi @chappy they are halfway down this page https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-new-2015-bracelet-thread.207773/page-3#post-3811649

Also thanks for this thread, after your comments I went to the safe and collected my love and have been wearing it and enjoying it all weekend =)2
Yay thanks for the link and GOOD FOR YOU! I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come!

I just wanted to share this "permanent bangle" I found out about today:
http://www.hannahkeefe.com/permanent-jewelry/

THIS is exactly what I'm looking for! Something simple, dainty, and almost like a tattoo in its permanence (yet still possible to remove without laser haha). Only, too bad I'd have to go to their studio in Los Angeles to purchase... maybe for my next vacation! :bigsmile:

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
MANLY arm?! :eek2: I see no such thing in this thread, especially since @daneshpastry hasn't posted any photos of his arm (yet)! Although, I wanted to find one with YOUR shape but they didn't have a good one (the only version available was TOO flat, very flimsy looking). Thanks to your advice I slowly molded it over the days and now it's an even better fit! It's nearly a perfect oval now and I love it even more.
?

Lol my arms are far from many - I'd say I'm closer to a little girl's wrists! IMG_20180315_160248_01.jpg

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Lol my arms are far from many - I'd say I'm closer to a little girl's wrists! IMG_20180315_160248_01.jpg
ok I stand corrected... there are still no manly arms in this thread (but it's a very nice arm you got there! And a very nice piece on it as well!). :lol-2: But really, that piece looks even better worn! Very futuristic. Plus, I honestly think your skintone would totally pull off 24k gold.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
ok I stand corrected... there are still no manly arms in this thread (but it's a very nice arm you got there! And a very nice piece on it as well!). :lol-2: But really, that piece looks even better worn! Very futuristic. Plus, I honestly think your skintone would totally pull off 24k gold.

I'd love to own something 24k - but with the price of gold right now, I guess I'm a "silver" guy. :/

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks fantastic, the emerald really pops against the silver. You’ve nail the perfect proportions/scale.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results