color
clarity

"Go Light Green" garnet (mint merelani) in rose gold halo

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: "Go Light Green" garnet (mint merelani) in rose gold hal

Thanks OTL, Chrissa,

This is a year old thread. I'm flattered it was rehashed.

I got it from Primagems dealer Jaimeen. He exhibits at Intergem. His contact info is at Primagemsusa.com. He has lots of tsavorites of all hues, tones, saturations, etc. . .

He also sells Mahenge spinels, Tunduru spinels, spessartites, chyrsoberyls, color change garnets, and other primarily African gems.

I don't know if he has any more bluish greens left, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Considering the colour and size, I would forgive the heart shape. I can't even find a decent mint garnet without any yellow tinge lately.

beau-wy

Rough_Rock
Trade

Wow. I've not seen a better one. Awesome!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrisa222|1340847702|3224858 said:
Aside from the heart-shape, it has great size and color...where did you get it? Or, is that a secret??? lol

If the color and saturation are good, one may wish to snatch the stone regardless of the cut... unless the level of extinction is intolerable. As it has been mentioned before, it is very hard to get a well-saturated grossular garnet in "mint" color, even less so in decent size, so the cut becomes a moot point. And TL's ring is a good proof that a heart-shaped stone can be set very well! I love rose gold!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Isn't it nice when a thread like this gets a victory lap? :lol: I for one am happy its back and I get another chance to ogle. I'll post more photos of it when TL tells me where she lives... :Up_to_something: where's the little bandit icon when you need it?

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock

:wavey: Beautiful! and I laughed when you captioned one photo, at McDonalds. I think I'd look at that ring, too! Wear it in good health.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

...Am I the only one a big fan of heart shape? I happen to like heart, trillion and pear a lot.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks again everyone!
I am not a fan of heart shapes, but I wear this ring almost every single time I go out. I adore this stone so much, I added four more prongs to it for fear of losing it. Well, thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad everyone enjoyed all the pictures.

sushi

Shiny_Rock

its mesmerizing! I can't stop looking at it. lucky lady!

xoxo sushi

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Ark,

I get your point....but, even with stones that are 'hard to find' I would never go as far to say that the cut is a moot point. Lets say I want a mint to set for a ring for myself..right? I'm sorry but there is no way that I, a guy, could get away with setting a heart-shaped stone in a ring for myself. lol. So I would not say that the cut is a moot point. Not to mention...I hate a poorly cut stone, regarless of how nice the material is...if the cut is flat, it has no brilliance, and to me brilliance is right up there in importance as color. Many here are all about "color is king" but not everybody shares this opinion.

Now, I will still buy a stone with a "bad cut" as that can be fixed, but there isn't much you can do about a 'bad shape' especially if it is a heart!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock

You could dive in & get lost in that.

Well said.
I was just looking around in there at the faceting and the different shades of green. It was like going on a little trip. :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you Sushi & Sonoma!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results