color
clarity

Given: two corundums...

AV_

Ideal_Rock

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Amazing Ruby, beautiful color on both. I am personally intrigued by the earring idea as that would be really unique or making a necklace.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@Arkteia is there any design that you find particularly appealing? Do you prefer antique or modern settings?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arkteia is there any design that you find particularly appealing? Do you prefer antique or modern settings?

you know, I prefer something that allows the stones to be next to one another. Because red and blue...

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20191019-164004_Pinterest.jpg
    SmartSelect_20191019-164004_Pinterest.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 24
  • SmartSelect_20191019-164048_Pinterest.jpg
    SmartSelect_20191019-164048_Pinterest.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 29
  • SmartSelect_20191019-164021_Pinterest.jpg
    SmartSelect_20191019-164021_Pinterest.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Of the 3 I like the first. Something asymmetrical could make the slight size diff less obvious.

Adding something I like to the mix haha.
477AC91D-709B-4195-8565-ECDEACC7DC8E.jpeg

Your ruby is so lovely! Sigh...

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of the 3 I like the first. Something asymmetrical could make the slight size diff less obvious.

Adding something I like to the mix haha.
477AC91D-709B-4195-8565-ECDEACC7DC8E.jpeg

Your ruby is so lovely! Sigh...

Thank you! You know, the sapphire is very nice for an unheated one as well. It is just that I can't make a photo with both being under the same light, but I can orient them in the best way in a ring.

Thank you! This one is really interesting.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing Ruby, beautiful color on both. I am personally intrigued by the earring idea as that would be really unique or making a necklace.

It is possible. I have two emerald-cut sapphire bars. If they are used as top studs, E-W, and hanging from a chain, there is a sapphire, and from the other chain, a tiny yellow diamond (I have it) and a ruby, this could work. Or, a tiny YG "tied ribbon" and a ruby. But then again, that puts stones far away from one another. And the main thing, do I need more earrings? Don't know yet.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you!

You know, if I set this parti unheated sapphire (shot through the glass so brighter IRL) E-W and make lariat pendants from the pears, it could work as well

Attachments

• A3E3B62E-465B-4135-ABB8-74443EF6399B.jpeg
    A3E3B62E-465B-4135-ABB8-74443EF6399B.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 30

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing stones! Looking forward to see how you will set these.
I would be hugely tempted to create two rich stackers

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing stones! Looking forward to see how you will set these.
I would be hugely tempted to create two rich stackers

@Acinom, you have such a gorgeous sapphire in your avatar! Always wanted to ask you if it had a thread.

Stackers are an idea, but I never wore them. I don’t even know if the stones get chipped more from the diamonds in the other stone, or not.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If you do the Lariat which is a great idea in my opinion, the only thing is that I would use a more neutral stone on top, not another sapphire which has a different hue, tone, etc. I would use a baguette diamond as one possibility. I like your necklace idea more and more!

I guess it depends on what you would wear more, somehow I am not really seeing these two as a moi et toi but more as a necklace.

The earring idea, well, not sure how that would be a match if one has a yellow diamond, the other, the sapphire side has nothing? I may not be getting you here.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you do the Lariat which is a great idea in my opinion, the only thing is that I would use a more neutral stone on top, not another sapphire which has a different hue, tone, etc. I would use a baguette diamond as one possibility. I like your necklace idea more and more!

I guess it depends on what you would wear more, somehow I am not really seeing these two as a moi et toi but more as a necklace.

The earring idea, well, not sure how that would be a match if one has a yellow diamond, the other, the sapphire side has nothing? I may not be getting you here.

About the Lariat. I like them. I even thought, my 2-ct Burmese ruby as a center stone? It is H(a) but Burmese and well-cut. I need to get it back from my jeweler who has been keeping it for a long time and doing nothing with it.

If a diamond centerpiece, then I have a round H 1-carat one. I don’t wear white diamonds, so it could at least be a way to use it. It already has a nice halo.

About earrings. Both stones are pears of the same width at the bottom, but the lengths are different. Different colors could be enough, different lengths is too much. So to balance, a tiny yellow diamond could work. But I am not that thrilled with the earrings idea, tbh.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Question: do people feel that the sapphire is dark for the ruby? It has pretty color IRL, but some people feel bypass won’t work. This was the photo taken in a lobby, incandescent light.

also, I pulled out some small rubies and a pink sapphire. Maybe use at the foot of the ring, or will it be too much?

Attachments

• 16E997ED-2A7E-4617-AF73-1E49BB3FA79D.jpeg
    16E997ED-2A7E-4617-AF73-1E49BB3FA79D.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 441EAE9D-C6E0-4B64-AEFF-DC4E7AE712C8.jpeg
    441EAE9D-C6E0-4B64-AEFF-DC4E7AE712C8.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: AV_

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Quite honestly this is personal but I have never been a fan of mismatched earrings because I love color but not so much color together in a piece or set and in this case it would he way too mismatched.

I guess that both stones being great same problem is with moi et toi, they are not matched and I am afraid they will take away from one another but it could work better Than the earrings if done right and may actually turn out stunning. Depends a lot on the vision of the jeweler too. But I would most def add no other colored stones.

I like the idea of stackers. I love the idea of Lariat with the white diamond but then like you I rarely wear white diamonds either.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I even thought, why not buy a lighter sapphire pear and a spinel like that ruby, and make two earrings like ruby-sapphire and ruby-spinel, but investment...

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The red & blue look good together, IMHO.

Of all the options, I (and this is not about me, but I can only read my mind - if even!) would do studs, possibly adding two small blue & red stones to set cross (blue with red, red with blue); they'd be set as baguette 'stems' whereas the current ruby & sapphire play the part of leaves (they remind poplar, which is the most sung autumn color in my part of the world) ... small diamond frames, of course. I must have seen similar done, but do not have a reference image at hand, at best, I could draw this.

rambling!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
458ACEEA-36EC-40E0-AA7A-9F23946A8F8C.jpeg They’re both such beautiful colors, the orientation doesn’t really matter, but I like the vertical bypass placement because it elongates the fingers. Also the fact that they’re both fatter pears makes vertical placement optimal imo. I have a red and blue bypass ring and the horizontal placement makes my fat fingers feel fatter!! Lol

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
458ACEEA-36EC-40E0-AA7A-9F23946A8F8C.jpeg They’re both such beautiful colors, the orientation doesn’t really matter, but I like the vertical bypass placement because it elongates the fingers. Also the fact that they’re both fatter pears makes vertical placement optimal imo. I have a red and blue bypass ring and the horizontal placement makes my fat fingers feel fatter!! Lol

Yours is gorgeous. What is blue? You know, TL, I was thinking about it and though about the same. That vertical placement, given that they have the same base width, would be OK with non-symmetrical ones. What do you think about different sizes? Should I even go with bypass?

Today I remembered that gorgeous setting of a ruby by Maytal Hanna,

Not for own inspiration- I have a smaller stone, that one is gorgeous heirloom, etc. But as an example of creative setting. )

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arkteia

Thank you!

I think different widths would be fine if you haloed them of course ;-)

I also have this bypass with slightly offset vertical placement. The spessartite is actually a little larger than the tsavorite, but it’s hard to tell since they’re slightly offset. 8560E8F4-F1E4-4404-8B11-1DB1C376485B.png

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arkteia

Thank you!

I think different widths would be fine if you haloed them of course ;-)

I also have this bypass with slightly offset vertical placement. The spessartite is actually a little larger than the tsavorite, but it’s hard to tell since they’re slightly offset. 8560E8F4-F1E4-4404-8B11-1DB1C376485B.png
Perfect!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results