shape
carat
color
clarity

getting lost in stupid stuff

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
AS< wow, great progress!!

Ladies, I'm breathing!! I'm even smiling! Everything has changed. The whole point of having a wedding with people was for our families and it just didn't make sense to include some, but not all. So legit, everything changed:
Date, Location (in US) and # of people!

New date: Sunday, November 2
# of people: 40

Way more than 14! We agreed to get "legal'd" on our original date, October 31, 2014, and do the big thing in Jersey the Sunday after. Why Jersey? The greatest amount of family members live there, ones that would not be able to travel.

The amazing part was that as soon as everything changed, I stopped hating planning! I've contacted countless venues and set up an entire wedding excel book. We've even got the budget down! :appl: Mkay, I'm really happy. :bigsmile:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
AS< wow, great progress!!

Ladies, I'm breathing!! I'm even smiling! Everything has changed. The whole point of having a wedding with people was for our families and it just didn't make sense to include some, but not all. So legit, everything changed:
Date, Location (in US) and # of people!

New date: Sunday, November 2
# of people: 40

Way more than 14! We agreed to get "legal'd" on our original date, October 31, 2014, and do the big thing in Jersey the Sunday after. Why Jersey? The greatest amount of family members live there, ones that would not be able to travel.

The amazing part was that as soon as everything changed, I stopped hating planning! I've contacted countless venues and set up an entire wedding excel book. We've even got the budget down! :appl: Mkay, I'm really happy. :bigsmile:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WD -- Yay!

I'm glad you're feeling better and have plans that you are happy with :appl:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, making some progress over here! Things are starting to come together and they are getting REAL! :bigsmile: :appl:

Done~
Securing officiant- Done!
Booking cabins- Done!
Found the venue for our reception/dinner and tasted the food- Done!
Finding THE dress- Done!
Buying T a suit- Done!
Buying lanterns for the ceremony- Done!
Settled on color scheme- Done! (Pink and Ivory, with a touch of black)

In Progress~
Order and send Save the Dates- Ordered them, will be sent when they get here!
Signing the photography contract/ sending down payment- working on setting up a meeting time.
Contact the venue for our reception/dinner
Buying T his wedding band- Returned the first one, and ordered the second! We will see how this one fits.

Next up~
Take mom to see my dress
Find a dress for the FG (my daughter)
Look at jewelry
Reserve rental chairs
Work on wedding website
Find a salon for wedding day

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
WD, So glad you are excited about planning! Yay for small weddings! :appl:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
11 months out! Ah, that's so exciting. Am I the only one who feels weird with venues congratulating me on my engagement? It took 1.5 months for me to post it on FB and I enjoyed the attention then, but now every single venue's email begins with "Dear M, Congratulations on your Engagement..." We've been engaged 6 months, I'm the same way with people who I know who didn't know yet. I'm like, "Yeah... thanks..." I guess I'm weird. I can't imagine how I'd react if we kept our original date 2 years out, I'd be planning a year before that and be like, "I've been engaged a year and a half... this is old hat..." :lol:

Done!
-Seating arrangement
-Budget
-Excel Sheet with all elements: Guests, Venue, Seating, Invitations, Decoration, Photography, Flight, Accomodations, Attire, Transportation

Leaning towards having it in a Hotel because of the convenience of everyone staying in the same place. :))

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
@wakingdream

You are getting married one day after me!!! How exciting!!! :appl:

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Look at all of you go! Great job, ladies. :)
I took a break for the Thanksgiving weekend (too much energy went towards digesting the holiday meal), but now I'm getting SUPER excited for my dress pick up appointment on Friday! Can't wait to try it on again.
Also, it's amazing how much things change as you go. I wanted a plain lace dress with maybe a fingertip veil and NO poof. And here I am, thinking I will most likely be getting a cathedral length veil, and also patiently waiting on my mermaid hoop order from ebay! I kind of decided that I have (hopefully) only one chance in life to wear a big skirt with a train and long veil, so I might as well go ahead and do that. :)

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Done~
Booking cabins- Done!
Finding THE dress- Done!
Buying T a suit- Done!
Venue for our reception/dinner booked! Done!
Reserve rental chairs- Done!

In Progress~
Signing the photography contract/ sending down payment- working on setting up a meeting time.
Buying T his wedding band- Returned the first one, and ordered the second! We will see how this one fits.
Work on wedding website

Next up~
Take mom to see my dress
Find a dress for the FG (my daughter)
Look at jewelry

Making some progress!

So I have a question for you ladies having small weddings! I have mixed feelings about registering when we are having such a tiny event. On the one hand, I am a frequent wedding-goer and I would be a little annoyed if the couple hadnt registered. I really like giving actual gifts (with a gift reciept of course ;-) ). T is totally against registering because A: We have a household FULL of stuff and really dont NEED anything... (I beg to differ but thats a whole nother story) and B: He thinks thats like us asking for gifts. I was fine with this until I read that not registering can be miscontrued as asking only for money. Argh. Are you registering? Why or why not? Thank you!!! :bigsmile:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AS -- We had a small wedding and I hadn't planned to register. I did wind up registering us and I'm glad we did. A couple of people asked and another just went looking to find. The least expensive item was about $1.50. The most expensive was just over $100. Most fell in the <$50 range (and lots of those were <25). This worked well for us as we were able to not advertise the information but did have it available to those who wanted to know (my assumption is that those who don't like registries wouldn't go looking or asking so by not sharing unless asked people had the option of doing their own thing or using a registry). Keeping to mostly small items let people do multiple things if they wanted to without us feeling weird about "asking for" expensive stuff.

I had a hard time doing the registry because I didn't think we needed anything. Once I got going, I found there were things that would be nice to have that we don't (coasters) or just things that would be nice to replace (kitchen towels).

audball

Ideal_Rock
I've been quite absent around these parts lately, sorry ladies!! Everyone has made such wonderful progress!

AS -- I wanted to chime in on the registry bit too. I agree with TP -- you should do one. We didn't want to either (since we eloped and invited NO ONE!), but people still asked and those close to us wanted to get us something we could use. We registered at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and stuck to mostly kitchen items we could replace or upgrade so we didn't clutter up the house further. We donated the old versions of things we got and it was a win-win. We registered for around 50 items and got nearly 40 of them (we were surprised). We registered for about half of the things under 25 bucks (little kitchen items), and then registered for about 10 items that were in the 30-75 range, and about 5 items that were at or over 100 (but not by a lot). We actually received all of the big ticket items and medium price point options, the only things left are things under $15. We were asked more than we expected about our registry so that's why we ended up doing one.

Like TP -- we didn't advertise it anywhere and only shared if we were asked explicitly about a registry. It seems like the best of both worlds.

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
My fiance was super set against having a registry for the very same reasons (male pride maybe?..), but I knew there was no way we wouldn't have one - as a guest I LOVE registries. Gift shopping with a deadline reminds me too much of last-minute Christmas craziness, and I wouldn't want our guests to have to deal with that.
Ours is incredibly small - the most expensive items are flatware place settings ($85), and then there's plenty of Spiegelau and Riedel stemware in the <$50 range, as well as a couple of under $20 items (new Microplane to replace our dull one, new coffee grinder etc.).

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
ANNNNNNND I'm back at zero. I thought things had gotten better, but apparently I'm delusional. That's always a nice realization. My parents are not even remotely accepting of our intended marriage and do not wish to hear a word about a wedding. Sad considering I wanted to tell my mom how excitedly I was planning and how basically everything was chosen. :blackeye:

There is hope though, instead of planning this wedding we're going to focus on establishing a functional relationship because I refuse to have to choose between the man I want to spend my life with and my parents who helped me become the person that I am today. So lots of crying and letter-writing later, I told FI and he's willing to do anything it takes. I was scared that perhaps he wouldn't (after an evening of my mother saying that he doesn't love me). The source of the entire problem is actually so minute that it's ridiculous! This is all because he didn't ask for my hand. Luckily, better late than never. Like any good parents, they want to be sure that their daughter is marrying a solid man who will strive to provide and support their "little girl."

Long story short, I'm not mad or upset with my parents. I understand where they're coming from, but they genuinely don't understand how much we really do love each other. That said, my mom made me see my side of the family very clearly: everyone would disapprove.

I'm leaning right back to eloping very simply next Halloween and that being that. We'll make a trip to see everyone and F**K their disapproval, you can't affect my choice when we're already married. </end ramble>

Good luck with your planning ladies!! I'll still be around, but I'll be researching some awesome honeymoon ideas :love:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
WD, I am so sorry. can he sit down with your parents and have that talk with them now. I mean, it wouldnt be the 'can I have have permission to ask her' talk but it could be a 'I love your daughter very much and will provide for her and support her and I dont want to cause a rift int he family' talk... Do you think that would help? Do your parents know that you are going to elope? Can you have the weddign you were planning prior and whoever wants to come can come? I am so sorry you are having to deal with all of this. :((

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WD -- Sorry to hear about that!

I think you remember my mother issues when planning? Yeah... :nono:

I don't think there is a good solution.

DH and I love each other and I'd rather be married to him than have her happy (until the next thing she wants...). Well.... My relationship with her is pretty much gone. We've had ups/downs my whole life but this seems to be something like the end of the road. DH and I went to Thanksgiving to be with my grandparents. She and I hardly spoke the entire day. She didn't say two words to DH. We've spoken on the phone twice in the last six months. Maybe three times? All strictly business and well under 10 minutes.

My regrets?
I regret thinking that my family would show up. I regret planning a nice day and spending $$$$ for what turned out to be dinner for us plus five. I regret not making our plans for US to begin with.
It worked out okay-ish. People surprised us with a religious ceremony. My grandparents and brother actually came to the winery. It was nice. But it is tarnished by what I had hoped for -- I had hoped that my mom and I could work it out and she'd be there with my aunt and a dozen of our friends/family. I have to keep forcing myself to look at the good of the day and not how disappointed we were.

If we had to do it over again, I would have saved the money. Saved the stress. Signed with Rabbi in his office (maybe the surprise minyan we ended up with) then gone off alone with FI for a full week at the winery.

Good luck!
Feel free to stick around and talk as you figure stuff out!

Rebecca0388

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies :wavey: I'm so glad I found this I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed.

I have already been engaged for a year, my brother got married in may this year and my best friend in October so I didn't want to rush into planning my own while I was so caught up and busy with other weddings.

Straight after my best friends wedding I suddenly got super excited and in 2 weeks we set the date, booked a church and venue haha. I was very proud of myself!! It worked out perfect that our 6 year anniversary falls on a Saturday (it will also be our 2nd engagementaversary as well :)) so we are getting married 27th September 2014 at a beautiful old sandstone church in the city (sydney) and the reception is in a restaurant under the harbour bridge with a view of the opera house. I'm so happy with it and it was the first and only venue I looked at as well!

But now the count down is on and It's hit me that I have just over 9 months to plan everything, I'm not sleeping at night because I'm laying awake worrying about I don't even know what?

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rebecca! Welcome!

I was you about two weeks ago. Totally anxious and not sleeping. :(( Until I printed a bridal checklist that Recordaras posted and I realized I was pretty much on track and the items that I needed to get done to be perfectly on track, I was able to get taken care of pretty quickly. The link is on the previous page, I will post it shortly. I thought I would be super overwhelmed by a checklist but it helped tons. Anyway, your wedding plans sound amazing! How many people are you having? What are your colors...theme? yay for September 2014! Our date is September 6th. :bigsmile:

My latest nightmare has been the photographer. The one I found and loved seems to have fallen off the face of the planet. I messaged her back and forth through face book and all was fine, we were going to meet up after thanksgiving and sign the contract. All of a sudden, Poof- she is gone. Messages, voicemail....and nothing. I am currently searching for a new one. On a fun note, I ordered the flower girl dress this morning. Its a little early because she might grow but it was originally 89.99 but on sale for 22.99. Um, SCORE! I ordered it a size bigger than what she would wear now and we will hope for the best. Worst case, we have to buy another but for that price I am chancing it. This weekend I am taking a little break from wedding planning and planning a gender reveal party for my bestie. Yay!

Recordaras, Come back and tell us about picking up your dress!

Thanks for the advice on the registry. I'll have to go in search of a store that is in both states where our guests will be traveling from. I guess a tiny registry wouldnt hurt. ;-)

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Welcome, Rebecca!

9 months might seem so short in wedding terms, but in all honesty if you already have the venue booked you are pretty comfortably on schedule. Here's the checklist that antiquesparkler was speaking about - I think it's pretty comprehensive, and you will be able to exhale once you see that you haven't "missed" any important deadlines so far. :D
The only thing I'd recommend is to not put off wedding dress shopping - if you plan on ordering a new dress that is. They usually take a really long time to come in, and I always prefer to be on the safe side when it comes to deadlines like that. However, if you were planning to buy a sample or preowned gown, then there's certainly no rush!

Antiquesparkler, congratulations on the dress! I love a bridal bargain. Speaking of which, Bridal Bargains and A Practical Wedding are two of my all-time favorite wedding books (and the only two I actually purchased - I got all the thick The Knot lookbooks at the library and am SO happy I didn't pay $40 for each of them, since they are the epitome of a one-time read).
So sorry about the photographer! But I think it might be a blessing in disguise - better that he disappear before you signed the contract and not after... Let me know if you need any help with that!
And as for the registry, I love our Bloomingdales one, even though we don't have an easily accessible store nearby. Their customer service is super awesome - my mom bought some stuff during Cyber Monday, and a couple of days after that the price ended up being even lower. One quick call to their (non-overseas) customer service line, and the price was adjusted, no questions asked! And you get a 10% completion discount and several offers of 10-20% off certain categories when you sign up.

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
And Antiqusparkler, thanks so much for remembering about the dress! I went to pick it up yesterday, and... it was so much better than I remembered! I was super worried that I wouldn't love it as much as I thought I did (that it would look worse in life than in my pictures, etc.), but the exact opposite happened - I literally didn't want to take it off. It's just perfect, incredibly comfortable, will need just a tiny bit of alterations (take in at the chest, add some cups, put in bustle - I don't even need to get it hemmed if I can find some 1.5" heeled shoes to wear!), and I feel so awesome in it!
I also got to choose a veil, and we must have spent 40 minutes going back and forth between cathedral and fingertip, but finally decided cathedral. I'll probably be buying a simple fingertip one too, just in case I have a last-minute change of heart, or if the ceremony gets moved inside (not much room for a cathedral length veil in there). Here are some pictures: dress with sash (that's not the exact one I'll be wearing, still looking for one), and dress with the two veils (the cathedral one will look nicer once it's steamed - they are in the process of moving, so it came out of a big bag of veils).

photo_dec_06__2_07_25_pm_0.jpg

veils.jpg

Rebecca0388

Rough_Rock
thanks for the list! I am going to print it off this morning and keep it as my guide.

Antique Sparkler - i originally wanted 50 people, but once you invite family that takes up nearly all of our numbers. The venue we have booked has a capacity of 80 ppl so we will hopefully have around 70 which i am happy with. I havent really chosen a theme yet, im leaning towards old hollywood glamour because i want to do my hair in those sort of Jessica Rabbit 1940's curls if that makes sense.

Ohh how cute thats an awesome price for a flower girls dress!

Im having a bit of drama with finding a photographer as well. We were going to use a friend who did my brothers wedding and my engagement party. She has just finished studying and takes awesome photos so it would have been a lot cheaper. But she is going to be in Europe so now im looking at paying between $3000-$4000 for just a photographer :(

Recordaras - your dress is so beautiful, oh my gosh and that veil! Thanks for the advice, since posting on here it helped me vent and i have made 2 dress appointments one for the end of Dec and one early jan haha im nervous :shock: but excited.

On another note, i went to a friends house on sunday for her sons first birthday/naming ceremony. When we arrived we were told they were out getting some family photos done. Next thing a bus turns up to take all the guests to her surprise wedding on the beach! It was so amazing, she had been planning since March and everything went so well. Luckily it was a beautiful sunny day, we then got taken back to her house where the caterers had set up for the reception. It was so fun and relaxed which is exactly what she wanted.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
recordaras|1386431486|3569481 said:
And Antiqusparkler, thanks so much for remembering about the dress! I went to pick it up yesterday, and... it was so much better than I remembered! I was super worried that I wouldn't love it as much as I thought I did (that it would look worse in life than in my pictures, etc.), but the exact opposite happened - I literally didn't want to take it off. It's just perfect, incredibly comfortable, will need just a tiny bit of alterations (take in at the chest, add some cups, put in bustle - I don't even need to get it hemmed if I can find some 1.5" heeled shoes to wear!), and I feel so awesome in it!
I also got to choose a veil, and we must have spent 40 minutes going back and forth between cathedral and fingertip, but finally decided cathedral. I'll probably be buying a simple fingertip one too, just in case I have a last-minute change of heart, or if the ceremony gets moved inside (not much room for a cathedral length veil in there). Here are some pictures: dress with sash (that's not the exact one I'll be wearing, still looking for one), and dress with the two veils (the cathedral one will look nicer once it's steamed - they are in the process of moving, so it came out of a big bag of veils).

photo_dec_06__2_07_25_pm_0.jpg

veils.jpg

Oh my gosh! Your dress is STUNNING on you. You can totally tell it fits you like a glove. The sash you have on is very pretty too!

I LOVE the cathedral veil too. Awwww! I am so happy for you! :D :love: :appl:

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Rebecca, if you are on a budget, then my advice for the photographer would be to have less hours with a great one instead of a full day with an average one. Is your wedding on a Saturday? Other days of the week are usually easier to negotiate, but I'd still give it a try - let the photographer know how much you love their work, but that unfortunately you don't have the budget for a full day of coverage and ask whether they'd be willing to work with you on a custom package.
That's what we are doing - we're paying half of our photographer's standard rate and getting 5 hours of coverage plus a flash drive with the edited photos and a print release. Since we're having such a small wedding, we really don't need them to hang out and take pictures of our guests sitting down and eating, and I'll take quality over quantity any day when it comes to photography!

And thank you for your kind words, ladies! My FI was away at drill this past weekend, and I have to admit to spending at least an hour walking around the house in the veil, haha. I LOVE it so much! I don't think I'll be able to do a low updo as I was planning with it though - my hair is so fine it slides right out if there's no big structural hair gathering holding it in place. On the bright side, with a high updo it sits in there super firmly, even without bobby pins or any other tricks. I gave it more than a couple of strong tugs, and it wouldn't budge.

Did you know that there were different kind of veil combs? Mine has the plastic comb, and even though those are typically considered to be worse at staying in, with fine hair they seem to do a better job - the metallic ones were heavier and slid right out.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Love that checklist!

Rebecca, I love the Hollywood Glamour theme! Very fun!

I am so over photographer shenanigans. I finally heard back from the one I was counting on. She all of a sudden isn't available on our day and her phone wasnt sending her facebook message notifications. Oh but I can contact her cousin to do it if I want, she charges exactly 4 times what she does. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? So the hunt continues. I am keeping my fingers crossed on the one that emailed me yesterday. Talk about bad business behavior though.

In other news, we got T his wedding band and its perfect! Check that off the list. He actually wore it for like 24 hours until we had to go out with friends and I was like, you cant show up wearing that!!! Boys...

I am taking my mom to see my dress on Wednesday. I am super worried because I was having second thoughts last week. I am hoping when I put it on it will be all good again.

I was digging through my jewelry hutch the other afternoon looking for something and I came across a pair of earrings I love and would go with my dress perfectly. I had bought them a year or so ago for a wedding but never wore them. I just really didnt like the hook part of them (if that makes any sense??) So I went to the craft store and got different ones and fixed them. Done! We also went and sampled our wedding cupcakes. Well actually we have had the cake multiple times but we really wanted to see how big the cupcakes were. I also showed T the budget and he was like well I have watched Say Yes to the Dress enough times to know that this is pretty reasonable. I felt better knowing we were on the same page. Not to mention that all the SYTTD watching paid off. :appl:

~*My List*~
Booking cabins- Done!
Finding THE dress- Done!
Buying T a suit- Done!
Venue for our reception/dinner booked! Done!
Reserve rental chairs- Done!
Buying T his wedding band- Done!
Wedding website updated for now- Done!
Wedding earrings- Done!
Ordered flower girl dress- Done!

In Progress~
Signing the photography contract/ sending down payment- the search continues...
Taking mom to see my dress Wednesday!

Next up~
Look at jewelry
Relax for a few weeks and enjoy the holidays. :bigsmile:
Buy a printer for the DIY stuff
Save $$$ :$$):

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Recordaras, That's really good photgrapher advice. The one I am looking at has only been doing weddings for 2 years but has beautiful photos. My wedding is in prime wedding season for the area so a lot of the reasonable ones have already been booked. I will admit I am nervous about the one we are looking at currently but I cant get over how lovely her pictures are. Not to mention she is very reasonable and brings an assistant at no charge. I think I need to take your advice and see if I can negotiate less hours with the really amazing ones in the area.

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Antiquesparkler, please don't worry about the dress! I'm sure you'll love it once you put it back on - I was so scared to try on mine again, and then it turned out to be even better than I remembered.
Also, take all other opinions with a grain of salt - my mom seems to think that "helping" means "criticizing", so every time I show her a picture of something I like, she comes back with a long list of suggested improvements. :naughty: And when I was still undecided on my dress I sent a couple of my closest friends pictures only to hear something along the lines of "No, this isn't your style, I liked the previous one you sent me more". After that I realized that MY dress is MY decision and only I can make the right decision for ME. And even though I love them dearly, I know better.

And congrats on the wedding band! We still have to order those, and I think I'll be going for the BGD bezel 3/4 eternity - I really want some diamonds, but don't want something I'll have to baby. The bezel band seems like it would be a great fit.
Not super excited about my FI's band, though. I mean, I'm excited about the fact, but that thing is so darn expensive! I think I'll put that one off till the tax return comes in (not like mine is ever over a couple hundred, but still...).

As for the photographer, I really really really recommend going with the one you love, even if it means less hours. Honestly, who needs those late night pictures when the makeup is all messed up and the guests have all had their share of drinks?.. My only concern is getting in the cake cutting photos, although once again it won't be the end of the world if we don't get those.
Besides, an established professional is so much less of a risk than a "budget" photographer, and that will eliminate all that unnecessary stress ("will she reply today?", "will she show up?", "will she have a backup camera if something goes wrong with her primary one?" etc.). Just don't forget to feed them. :) A lot don't require a meal if they are working less than 6 hours, but I find it very important to make sure they have a chance to sit down and enjoy a full dinner (and not a skimpy "vendor meal" like some caterers offer, which is usually a soggy sandwich) and some rest and privacy.

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
sabrina-earrings_large.jpg

Speaking of jewelry, I think I got my earrings! I had noticed them a while ago on Loupetroop - they are these ones, and were listed on LT for only $25. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if they were still available, and they were! The seller should ship today, and hopefully I'll like them. If not, I'm sure I'll be able to resell them for that price. I actually think that buying accessories preowned is a great way to save a little bit on something you most likely will never wear again, so I'm scouring tradesy and the like for sashes and bracelets as well.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the dress advice. I need to calm down and trust in my decision. I have actually only showed my mom and T's mom the pictures of my dress. My friend that was there with me when I purchased has obviously seen it but other than that, I am sort of keeping it to myself.

LOVE the earrings. They are beautiful and sparkly. I hope you like them in person! I have found Etsy to be great when it comes to jewelry as well. I am ordering my bracelet one of these days from there and the woman is so fabulous, she is going to make my daughter one to match. I am excited about that.

This photographer thing has me in a tizzy. I wont lie. I am stressed. You are right. We really only need 5 hours I believe but becasue this is such a popular time for weddings AND a Saturday, they dont want to shoot my 5 hour wedding and make half the money they could if they shoot a 10 hour wedding. ;(

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Antiquesparkler, how have you been searching for photographers? Have you been on weddingwire? Another great resource is the local boards on weddingbee. Please don't stress out, there are so many great ones out there, I'm sure you'll find the perfect one!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Great progress ladies! Welcome Rebecca! Recordaras, you look beautiful in your dress!

Antiquesparkler, yes definitely! Oh it's not all so bad, he's definitely going to be meeting with them. We're basically pretending as though he never proposed -- crazy, but worth it to retain a relationship with my parents. I get where they're coming from. They feel like he's stealing me away :nono:

TooPatient, oh yes, I totally remember your situation. In the conversation with my mom, the way she described my family members, I imagined a stressful situation like yours and realized that I'm better off just going with him and doing something really special. Couple ideas right now are: hot air balloon, winery, maui or San Fran ;-) Many options, learning from your hardships <3

Rebecca0388

Rough_Rock
Thanks WD :)

Thanks Recordaras that is good advice i would much rather a great photographer for less time, than an average one for the full day. I only wanted longer because i will miss out on having the bouquet and garter toss at the end photographed.

I forgot i have my wededing band on lay away with JbEG as well :appl: maybe i am stressing for no reason. I started going through that check list and i have a lot of the major things checked off.

Fiance has picked out his band as well, which we can buy at any time. He originally wanted a white gold ridged band, i had him try on a YG plain 6mm just to see if he liked the plain style and he ended up loving the YG against his tan skin. So that was easy :lol:

Antiquesparkler congrats on the wedding band thats so cute that he didnt want to take it off! haha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results