carat
color
clarity

getting lost in stupid stuff

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1384791102|3558478 said:
It's official. I have the post-wedding blues. I love being married and I adore my husband more and more everyday. But I miss my wedding. My bouquet flowers officially died and had to be tossed (the ones I didn't dry/save) and I was sad. Hubs reminded me we still have getting our pictures back to look forward to, which is true. My photographer said they should be done today or tonight! Can't wait to see them!

DH laughed when he saw me typing a reply earlier :nono: ---- Men! :rolleyes: :lol:

Isn't it sad? All of the months (years!) of planning and excitement and now it is all done. Leaving the winery was sad. Finishing the last of our wedding cake was sad. Seeing my nails start breaking off was sad. I even (briefly!) thought about keeping my pretty ring finger nail to put in a wedding book :oops:
The flowers wilted and I did the best I could to keep them going.... I suppose I should toss the bare dead stems...

Getting our pictures was exciting! That was super fun for at least a few days. I do have more pictures from my grandfather so there is something to be excited for. It just seems so..... done.

Too bad the newlyweds' section is so dead! It would be great to have a thread to chat about random stuff in life after the wedding. Nothing profound. Just stupid little things. It feels goofy posting stuff like this in the Hangout area but it feels strange here in the midst of wedding planning (of course I do plan to stick around to "OOOOoooo!" and "AAAAhhhhhh!").

Maybe a BWW alumni small talk thread somewhere?

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1384844084|3559022 said:
DH laughed when he saw me typing a reply earlier :nono: ---- Men! :rolleyes: :lol:

Isn't it sad? All of the months (years!) of planning and excitement and now it is all done. Leaving the winery was sad. Finishing the last of our wedding cake was sad. Seeing my nails start breaking off was sad. I even (briefly!) thought about keeping my pretty ring finger nail to put in a wedding book :oops:
The flowers wilted and I did the best I could to keep them going.... I suppose I should toss the bare dead stems...

Getting our pictures was exciting! That was super fun for at least a few days. I do have more pictures from my grandfather so there is something to be excited for. It just seems so..... done.

Too bad the newlyweds' section is so dead! It would be great to have a thread to chat about random stuff in life after the wedding. Nothing profound. Just stupid little things. It feels goofy posting stuff like this in the Hangout area but it feels strange here in the midst of wedding planning (of course I do plan to stick around to "OOOOoooo!" and "AAAAhhhhhh!").

Maybe a BWW alumni small talk thread somewhere?
Haha, it's so true! I cried when we left the inn. I was so sad when the last of my bouquet died and had to be thrown out. (I did, however, successfully dry about half of the flowers petals and they stayed a beautiful pink! I put them in a clear glass Christmas ornament as a keepsake!).

We just got our pictures last night and it was so wonderful to go through them all together and remember the day! But now I'm sad that we've seen them all and it's really done! It really is a shame the newlywed section didn't take off more. I'll definitely be sticking around here for awhile as I'm no where near ready to more than lurk in Family, Home, and Health.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
recordaras|1384813595|3558728 said:
I actually tried it on with a floral sash (with flowers to the side) and really liked that look, but I unfortunately didn't get a picture. And isn't Etsy awesome?? I have a whole collection of earrings saved on there, so when the time comes it should be a little easier to choose. Although who am I kidding? Choice is never easy!

Would you mind sharing your dresses? I know that pictures really helped me personally! I mean, taking pictures of myself at the salon. For example, before I got my dress my favorite was the Allure 9000 - a lace trumpet with a boatneck top. It literally gave me the chills when I tried it on! But it was nowhere near my "if I can't get a BAA dress" budget. So I obsessed for a couple of days, and then let it go. Once the emotions wore off I revisited the pictures and... was left a little underwhelmed. It's a beautiful dress, but it didn't really wow me.
And it was the exact opposite with my actual dress - all I could see was layers of crinoline as I was trying it on (and I was super against that), but after I slept on it and revisited the pictures I came to realize that it was definitely a wow dress, so much more than the one I had loved in person.
So if you're an indecisive worrier like me sleeping on it and then revisiting can be super helpful. And please, PLEASE don't let the people at the salons pressure you into buying anything before you are truly ready. They will say that you need to order NOW, or you won't have a dress in time for your wedding - just keep in mind that even in the worst case scenario you can always find a sample or preowned gown a couple of months before the wedding!

We haven't really decided on the colors yet. When I was thinking of going the lace trumpet direction I thought it would be muted pastels, but now I'm not sure anymore!
What about you?

Oh, and you know what really helped me get started in this thread? Writing down a list of stuff that has already been done! Turns out I wasn't as far behind as it felt!

I love that checklist thing you posted! I didnt print some of the stuff because it wont apply but for the most part, it was super helpful!

Made a little progress last night. We havent been able to find an officiant yet and I feel like we need to find one before we do many other things. After talking with T, I think we are going to ask his good friend to perform the ceremony. We arent having a bridal party- except a flower girl :bigsmile: - so it would be a nice way to include him. Plus he is very well spoken and would do a great job. So we made plans to get together with him and ask (we've joked about it before and he was super excited- so its not like we are just putting him on the spot, lol.).

So far, there are 3 dresses I love. I haven't tried on the first yet but I love everything about it. I am going this weekend to try it on. I will be sure and post more pictures if they let me take some. But for now, here are the two I am debating on. The second one has pockets!

dress_6.jpg
It is a soft netting material and has a corset back so most likely the alterations would be minimal.

dress2_0.jpg
I love this one too. The sash also comes in Ivory but I dont love it so I would probably replace it with something from Etsy.

As far as colors, I am a little undecided except I know that I want a pink ranunculus bouquet. I used to work in a flower shop so I will end up just ordering them online and doing the bouquets myself. One for me and a mini version for my daughter and of course a bout for T. I will check with resturant and see if we can do a couple mini centerpieces there as well or maybe just a vase to hold our bouquets will act as the centerpiece. So anyway.... here is my bouquet.

bouquet_1.jpg

So here is where it gets tricky. I cant figure out an accent color but pink and ivory are it for now. If T chooses a black suit I may add some black lace around my ivory bouquet wrap and I may add a black ribbon to the flowergirl dress. Right now I think he is thinking tan or gray to keep his look more casual. So I may end up with just pink and ivory... and maybe gold accents? Love the idea of light pastel colors. I found so many AMAZING invitations on Etsy that are beautiful florals.

This process is definitley emotional. I need to learn to let go of some of the little things. For example, I was looking on Etsy (suprised? :tongue: ) and I found garters and cake toppers and aisle runners and all these things that I WANT so bad. But a garter doesnt make sense because we arent really having a reception where that would be appropriate... I mean we might do a first dance on the beach or something but no real reception. A cake topper isnt going to happen becasue we are having champagne and cupcakes after dinner back at the cabins. An aisle runner would be fun but in the sand, some cheap flower petals make more sense. So anyway, I am trying to let go of all the 'normal' bridal things that will blow my budget and dont make sense for our tiny wedding. I think thats the hardest part. Thanks for listening to my rant! :shock:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AS -- I love both dresses! Can't wait to hear how you like them after trying them on!

The pink with ivory and gold accents sounds beautiful. Everything could be done in those colors as less formal or more formal depending on how you want it to look and how you choose to accent. Your options would be endless!

Flower petals instead of a runner would be gorgeous on a beach!

Cake topper -- If you look back a few pages, you'll see what Audball did. Something smaller like that could work with cupcakes if you wanted to have something.

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
antiquesparkler, I'm glad you found it useful! I think it's pretty brilliant, although I also didn't print out most of the "extra" pages that come after the checklist. It's just nice to be able to have something as detailed as opposed to a rough outline.

I love love love the dress options you posted! So glamorous. I'd also recommend being flexible and trying on some completely different dresses just for the heck of it - that really helps narrow down what you do and don't like. And when else are you going to be able to try on all these white things, right?

By the way I love ranunculus - that along with dahlia are my two favorite flowers. You're very lucky to have experience in the field - my first discussion with our florist was something along the lines of "please nothing smelly, no baby's breath and no carnations". She was then somehow able to work off of that to get dahlias and ranunculus with coffee berries, greenery and scabiosa. I just love texture in bouquets...

And the need vs want is certainly a big thing. We're on a budget, so I'm doing my best to save money where I can (small things) and focus on the important stuff. Although I'm still going to do nice local favors *and* welcome bags! Because... well, because why not? None of our family are avid wedding goers, so I'm sure they'll appreciate the extra effort put into welcoming them when they arrive.

Oh, and I'm with TooPatient about the cake topper - the last wedding I was at had cupcakes, but a small tier on top for the couple to cut, and that had a cake topper made by the bride's best friend! It was very sweet, and they got some awesome pictures. Bonus: they got to do the traditional cake cutting. :)

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Speaking of checklists, here's what has been done recently:
- put down photography deposit
- signed contract with florist (mailing the check next payday)
- ordered save the dates and matching magnets
- bought an awesome address stamp (seriously, I can't recommend this Etsy seller enough, the impression looks like it came out of an inkjet!)
- started researching officiants
- got room blocks in two nearby hotels

Here's what has to be done within the next week:
- pick up dress (starting to freak out that something can go wrong and it will be missing when I come to pick it up!)
- finalize guest list
- mail save the dates
- find a good seamstress

Officiant is the next "big" step, and quite frankly I'm a little confused at this point. There aren't a lot of options, and a lot of them have some... quirks? It being VT and all. I mean, do we really want to be officiated by somebody who teaches detox yoga full-time?.. Or that lady that refuses to officiate anyone she can't meet face to face first?..
There is one officiant that really spoke to me. He's actually a Reverend, but does non-religious weddings too (in fact, he even addresses that on his website and promises not to try and convert you!). He seems like a genuinely nice person, but lives almost 2 hours away from where our ceremony will take place. :(

audball

Ideal_Rock
TP -- what say you we try to revive the Newlywed forum? We could start by adding our fave shots to all the archived favorites threads and maybe get a small talk thread going over there? I definitely will stick around here for bridal talk with the current BIW gals, but as another place to gab about newlywed life? What do you think?

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
I think you ladies should definitely revive that part! And eventually we will all move over there as well. :)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1384977640|3559961 said:
TP -- what say you we try to revive the Newlywed forum? We could start by adding our fave shots to all the archived favorites threads and maybe get a small talk thread going over there? I definitely will stick around here for bridal talk with the current BIW gals, but as another place to gab about newlywed life? What do you think?

Let's do it! :appl:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
recordaras|1384972456|3559909 said:
antiquesparkler, I'm glad you found it useful! I think it's pretty brilliant, although I also didn't print out most of the "extra" pages that come after the checklist. It's just nice to be able to have something as detailed as opposed to a rough outline.

I love love love the dress options you posted! So glamorous. I'd also recommend being flexible and trying on some completely different dresses just for the heck of it - that really helps narrow down what you do and don't like. And when else are you going to be able to try on all these white things, right?

By the way I love ranunculus - that along with dahlia are my two favorite flowers. You're very lucky to have experience in the field - my first discussion with our florist was something along the lines of "please nothing smelly, no baby's breath and no carnations". She was then somehow able to work off of that to get dahlias and ranunculus with coffee berries, greenery and scabiosa. I just love texture in bouquets...

And the need vs want is certainly a big thing. We're on a budget, so I'm doing my best to save money where I can (small things) and focus on the important stuff. Although I'm still going to do nice local favors *and* welcome bags! Because... well, because why not? None of our family are avid wedding goers, so I'm sure they'll appreciate the extra effort put into welcoming them when they arrive.

Oh, and I'm with TooPatient about the cake topper - the last wedding I was at had cupcakes, but a small tier on top for the couple to cut, and that had a cake topper made by the bride's best friend! It was very sweet, and they got some awesome pictures. Bonus: they got to do the traditional cake cutting. :)

I will definitely be trying on other dresses. I am just really hoping they let me take photographs. Blah.

I love Dahlias! We have the same flower taste :appl: You have coffee berries in your bouquet?! Lovely!

I actually even fund beautiful invites on Etsy last night that are light pink with white ranunculus outlines as the border. They are so beautiful and the seller said she could do 15. The lowest quantity she was offering was 30 but when I messaged her she was very helpful. Plus they were more reasonable than the ones I found on Wedding Paper Divas. Woohooo for that!

I am definitely thinking we will put together some sort of welcome treat. It may not be anything too crazy because we plan on providing all meals and snacks to people while they stay at the resort.

I like the suggestion of the cake topper. I actually just want the word ‘love’ spelled out with a wire… okay so it’s hard to explain and sounds silly. But now I am thinking that I might be able to do it myself. Maybe we will get mini cake to cute and then freeze it for our one year anniversary. Like this…https://www.etsy.com/listing/119913...type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

We did figure out last night that T is going to wear a tan suit with an ivory shirt… possibly a black or tan tie. Let’s just say T’s wedding wardrobe could have it’s own Pinterest board. Love T in a suit! :love:

The officiant part is really tough. I hope you find someone amazing! Do you know a friend or family member that could do it and then you two could legalize it before or afterwards?
Okay I am rambling.

Look at all your progress! I need to get a move on it!!! AHHHHH! Love the stamp! :bigsmile: I have been getting free address labels once in a while from Shutterfly so I have been taking full advantage of those! Should be set for while!

The goal is getting the following done over Thanksgiving weekend:
Securing officiant
Booking cabins
Order and send Save the Dates
Signing the photography contract/ sending down payment
Finding THE dress

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
I sure hope they do! My photo taking experience was 50/50 - half of the places allowed it, the other half didn't. So if this salon doesn't, you could always try another one nearby! Yelp or weddingwire reviews might have that info.

I pretty much told our florist I wanted TEXTURE, as much of it as possible. So she came up with the berries, and also said she might sneak in some rosemary (I love the way it looks in boutonnieres, although my fiance is a little concerned of "smelling like a baked turkey", ha) and go heavy on the greenery. I'm creating a big huge pinterest board for her that I will slowly start to cull once we get closer to the day - hopefully that will make it easier for her to decipher my preferences (which even I don't fully understand).

The cake topper is so cute! And if you need any help with photographers, we will gladly chime in. :) For me that was a huge one, and it's probably one of the vendors I'm most happy about. And what a relief once that's all booked!

All these lists and "must do asap" things can get so overwhelming, so please don't worry about it. You have plenty of time, and there's definitely no huge rush on anything but the venue booking, as far as I'm concerned. I know at first I tried to do waaay too much all at once, and got so stressed out that I actually ended up needing to take a breather and block out all things wedding for a couple of days. I think the best way to go is to focus on one big thing at a time and do some of the fun stuff (like invitations!) in between. And then, once the big things have been decided, you can spend all your energy on the fun details. :)

As for officiant, my fiance's grandfather would be an amazing and meaningful option, but his grandma isn't feeling very well (Parkinson's), so we really don't want to put any pressure on them to come and/or have to do anything if they are able to make it. So we'll probably book a regular officiant, and if his grandfather feels up to it closer to August we'll swap them out.

Oh, and I'm with you on the suit! Even though my fiance is military, we decided we'd be getting him a tux for the occasion. He's also not a very standard size (skinny!), so we'll be ordering from here - they sew made-to-measure and super customizable 100% wool suits that are also very affordable, and I've read some really good reviews. That way he'll be all set in the evening wear department till he finally gains some weight!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
AS - love the pink/ivory/gold idea, those were my wedding colors! We did more of a dusty rose than a pale pink, and I loved everything about it.

recordaras - your dress is gorgeous!

TP/aud - I haven't been around recently to say congrats on both of your weddings! I'm so glad you both had amazing wedding days. I know how you feel about being sad that it's all over; as much as the actual planning sucked, the day was amazing and I wish I could relive it over and over!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1384977640|3559961 said:

Okay!

I posted my week one picture AND started a random talk thread -- Come on over!

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
star sparkle|1384991599|3560135 said:
recordaras - your dress is gorgeous!
Thank you so much! My appointment to pick it up got moved all the way to December 6, so I'll just have to figure out a way to become patient. :)

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Start a countdown, recordaras! :appl:

Bought T a tan suit last night from Express. Originally $350 for the suit and pants. After all the discounts including S&H we paid $92. Go us! Excited to get something taken care of. Sad that he has his weddign attire before I do! :tongue:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Update: Feeling a tad productive!

Securing officiant- Done!
Booking cabins
Finding THE dress
Buying T a suit- Done!

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
antiquesparkler, congratualtions! Two whole things to check off of the list, and the weekend has only started. :)

Our big project for this weekend is guest list and save the dates. The guest list part isn't fun at all! Our venue has a maximum capacity of 28 people, and I've gone from being "OMG who will ever come to our wedding" to "OMG how can we fit all these people in??".
It gets tricky, as I have friends in my home country who say that they will come. And yet, for them it's a huge process - visas, hotels, expensive transatlantic plane tickets, etc. and realistically I understand that they most likely won't be able to make it. But at the same time I can't *not* hold a spot for them! Because if they do defy all odds and end up coming, it would be absolutely terrible to not have a seat for them.
So we're trying to figure out a balance of local and foreign, but in reality we are definitely going to have a B list, which means only a limited number of "core" people will get our lovely save the dates. :(

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
It's okay to have an A and B list! Especially when planning a tiny wedding. The guest list was one of the hardest things for us! Where do you stop?!? lol.

In other news, I BOUGHT A DRESS! It is the first one above. I love it :love: ...and I bought it today because the store had $100 off any dress which made it extremely reasonable. The pictures I have are not the greatest but I will post a couple... The dress I tried on was too big so it couldn't be cinched up very well.

photo_1__1__3.jpg

photo_3__1__2.jpg

It is a beautiful netting material and it will be perfect for our lakeside ceremony. :bigsmile:

Booking cabins
Finding THE dress- Done!
Buying T a suit- Done!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AS -- WoooHooooo!!! :appl:
Your dress is gorgeous! You're almost done with your list and it isn't even Thanksgiving yet :appl:

Recordaras -- The guest list is tough! You have to have room at the venue AND not blow your budget. We were lucky in that our venue had multiple sized rooms so it was no problem to add/subtract there. We also only had local people so we didn't have to deal with inviting people knowing they probably couldn't come... but having to budget and plan for them in case they did!

If you get your invites out with an early enough reply time, you'll have plenty of time to get another batch of invites out. A save-the-date would probably be a bit odd for the 2nd round of invites though. Don't worry! I'm sure your invites will be gorgeous and no one will miss a STD anyway!

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! How pretty and sparkly. Tell us more - did you have the dress moment?? Did you know right away?
You are so brave for being able to decide so quickly! My favorite pastime is looking through preownedweddingdresses.com for the same model, and enjoying pictures of real-life brides in the dress. :)

TooPatient - I know, we're already keeping the guest list at 26 including us (it fits a max of 28) just so we have those last two spots reserved just in case, and we will definitely be doing two rounds of invitations. Surprisingly enough, I've had at least two "Are we invited to your wedding?" situations in the last week which were BEYOND awkward - both couples are on our B list and we couldn't say either yes or no!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't imagine walking up and asking if I'm invited to anything -- especially not a wedding! Not just because I've now been there but because I was always taught that was super rude and you just DON'T do that.

Sorry people are doing that to you :nono:

"Oh, we're still figuring out the details since our guest list is super small. I'll have invitations out in plenty of time for people to make plans though!"

Careful to not mention STDs or if someone ends up on your B list it could get embarrassing. (Mentioning the super small guest list could also help prevent hurt feelings if someone ends up not being invited)

audball

Ideal_Rock
Amazing progress AS! Your dress is STUNNING!!! Congrats on checking off a big to-do item!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies! I really don't care for the pictures much but in person it was stunning. I love how the fabric moved.

I didnt really have a crying moment. I researched online and narrowed it down quite a bit. When I got in front of the mirror in this one I could picture walking down the sandy aisle towards T and marrying him. I did try on several others but it sort of clicked for me. I really cant wait to get it in my size. Not to mention loose my last 15 lbs. :naughty:

I've had a few people imply they were invited. Especially after telling a couple people that I found the dress. I quickly said that it will just be parents and grandparents but I will bring in pictures afterwards.

I cant imagine fishing for an invite to a wedding but hey, thats just me. ;-)

audball

Ideal_Rock
Eek! So happy for you! And don't worry about people -- you'll find the further you get in the process that people lose all manners when it comes to weddings. Really, you see people you thought you knew at their worst. Fishing for invitations is RUDE and I don't know why people think it's ok, but they do. Hang in there!! :))

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations once again!!! I actually experienced that same thing with my dress - the "right" one was the only one that made me think of walking down the aisle, while all the others were just a white (and pretty) piece of clothing.

And as for the fishing thing - it's not that they are being intentionally rude, at least I don't think so. To me it's just one of those things that people say without thinking. I mean, I'm flattered that they would even want to be invited, considering it's a 4-hour drive in one case and a plane trip in the other. I just wasn't prepared at all for those kinds of questions and now feel bad because we obviously can't have everyone there, and I'm not sure I was able to explain the situation well enough. :(
But there's still plenty of time, and we'll just have to see what the RSVPs from the A list will look like.

By the way I'm pretty sure that if we had booked a larger venue, we would have run into the exact opposite problem, with nobody being able to attend! You just can't win, can you?

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, recordaras, awesome progress!!

Almost negative amount of progress over here. I'm so lost! I'm actually contacting strangers to help me (outside of y'all!). I so frantically don't know where to begin. I'm into numerology and stuff and our date ended up being perfect for a million reasons, including it adding up properly-- long story. Now I'm scared that I'm the Bridezilla Grinch who stole Halloween away from any kids invited! :-o Which then makes me think that perhaps it should be a daytime wedding and the kids can trick-or-treat in the evening... or I can incorporate candy for them... I'm so over-analyzing the sh!t that totally doesn't matter.. yet.
FI suggested we start looking at places. That would be fine if we had even a semblance of a vision! A venue can be anything from hotel or gallery to cruise ship or hot air balloon! ETA: help?? :))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WD -- Breathe!

What do you want for your wedding? Are you aiming for elegant or relaxed or laid back or ????

Take a look at things like candy bars (table with colorful candy set up for favors) or that sort of thing. Maybe you could use something like that?
Also, if you're doing a Halloween wedding have you thought about a costume wedding? I remember someone (I think it was PS but could have been the Knot) had one of those and it looked AMAZING!
Or something along the lines of a photo booth with fun props?

I think you can make it lots of fun for everyone. Don't worry about missing trick or treating!
You can do fun goody bags for the kids even at a very formal wedding. I'm sure they'd probably love it!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
WD, It will be okay! You have plenty of time. I think first you need to come up with a vision for your wedding. Talk with FI and figure out the overall feeling you want to have on your day and go from there. Once you have a vision, I would be glad to make some suggestions. If I remember right, you are having a small wedding like Recordaras and I so we are all in this together and we would be glad to help you. :bigsmile:

Another thing crossed off the list! We bought T his wedding ring last night. I will post pics once it comes. It's just a shiny titanium thick band. Which is funny because T never ever wears a ring and he chose a very substantial wedding band....anyway! I am excited to have one more thing done.

Also on Satuday after dress shopping I was feeling ridiculously productive and went and picked up our lanterns for the ceremony. We are putting them in front with some candles in them and flowers on top. That along with some rose petals on both sides of the aisle will pretty much be our only ceremony decor.

Booking cabins
Finding THE dress- Done!
Buying T a suit- Done!
Buying T his wedding band- Done!
Buying lanterns for the ceremony- Done!

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
WD, I third the recommendation to breathe! There's plenty of time. I'd start by thinking how you always pictured your wedding - was the ceremony at a church or not? Did you imagine an outdoor daytime reception or a full sit-down evening meal, or maybe a brunch with just cake and Champagne? Did you ever imagine getting married on a beach, or in some exotic place (hey, hot air balloons are always an option too). Are you more comfortable with a laid-back or more formal vibe?
Once you start narrowing it down, it will get a little easier to focus on the exact options.

You can also go to weddingwire and search wedding venues by zip code, but I found that WAY too overwhelming - there are so many options that I think it's easier to start with at least some kind of vision and work from there.

And honestly, I wouldn't be the least bit concerned about children! In fact, I'm sure lots of parents will be happy to leave them with friends and enjoy the day with you. That way the children will get to enjoy their trick-or-treating and a sleepover with their buddies, and the parents will get to have date night/day. :)
I think you should go for what works best for YOU. If you believe that 10/31 is your date, then so be it!

AS, you are on a roll! Look at you go. :) By the way my fiance really surprised me with the same - he never wears any jewelry, but chose a 6mm wide platinum band. I was a little sticker shocked (I will be buying his band), to say the least - that things costs almost as much as my engagement ring! So we'll probably be buying those closer to the wedding. And I think I'm going to have him go to the jewelry store again just to make sure that 6mm is exactly what he wants. For that price he better be 110% sure!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WD -- I can't find the pictures I was thinking of on PS, but if you do a Bing or Google search for Halloween Wedding you'll get lots of great images! Everything from black-tie with elegant masks to full out costume and so much in between.

Here is a link for Halloween Weddings on theknot.com: LINK

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results