getting lost in stupid stuff

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1374199897|3485921 said:
TooPatient|1374198426|3485900 said:
audball|1374190263|3485819 said:
!!!!! Take care of yourself TP!

Talked with the dr. I'll go in to see her tomorrow so she can see what is going on. Until then, she told me to not start with the next NuvaRing.
Hope things are ok!

Grrr.... My body :nono: :rolleyes:

My appointment was at 2:15 today. All day no sign of AF. Used the bathroom an hour before and still nothing. Checked one last time before my appointment and still nothing. Gave a urine sample and there's AF!

Dr was very nice and said she's glad there is no problem to find.
FI was confused and thought I called the dr for it being a day late. Um... No. Almost a week later than usual. Still a couple of days later than any other time after YEARS of absolute predictability. So the dr wanted to check me out before starting the next NuvaRing. Rather than wait another week (since she's only in Wed, Thurs, Fri) they got me in today.

Anyway...
No problems. My body just got a little behind schedule.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1374245517|3486160 said:
marymm|1374245424|3486158 said:
Audball - re: wearing glasses -

I wear eyeglasses too - got married in them for the same reasons you are saying (it is "me", comfort, etc.) - they were plastic frames as well - the day before the wedding, I just used my miniature eyeglass screwdriver tool and tightened up the tiny screws at each hinge side, and that really made in difference in how well the frames fit (no slippage on wedding day, or on the honeymoon for that matter!).
Thanks! I definitely planned to pop into the eye doctor to have them tightened up and cleaned really well right before hand. Did you share pictures from your wedding day!? I'm off to look for them if you did!

Sorry, no wedding pics posted... I was married 16 years ago, way before my PS days, and still have yet to get around to scanning in our wedding & honeymoon photographs.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tried on dresses! Heading to try on more. Will post pictures later in the week.

audball

Ideal_Rock
marymm|1374363322|3486990 said:
Sorry, no wedding pics posted... I was married 16 years ago, way before my PS days, and still have yet to get around to scanning in our wedding & honeymoon photographs.
Understandable!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1374627156|3488848 said:
Tried on dresses! Heading to try on more. Will post pictures later in the week.
Pics or it didn't happen! :naughty:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My comments are with each picture.

ETA: Don't mind the lousy pictures. I took them of myself in a mirror using my cell phone :rolleyes:

From the first shop:

_8322.jpg

1-2.jpg

_8323.jpg

_8324.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More from the first store:

1-5.jpg

1-6.jpg

1-7.jpg

1-8.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't mind the funny faces or exhausted look. I'd been up since 5am. Went straight from classes to dress shopping. Barely had time for a quick fast food dinner. Started at this 2nd place just after 7pm and was there for almost 2 hours. Oh... and the pictures were taken by "A" on my cell phone and she didn't give me any warning before just snapping pictures.

From the 2nd store:

_8325.jpg

_8326.jpg

2-5.jpg

2-3.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More from 2nd shop:

_8327.jpg

_8328.jpg

2-7.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay....

So that was everything I tried on so far. I didn't have any "OMG this is THE dress!!!!" moments, but there were several that I really liked.

First picture is my top choice from the 1st shop. I love the top lacy bit with the full skirt.

Second is the tulle with a delicate lace overlay from the 2nd store. Love the lace and the full skirt.

Third is FI's favorite. It is rather plain on its own, but comes with a beautiful jacket to go over. Delicate flower embroidery on the jacked with little bits of sparkle. This picture is with the matching veil.

Last picture is the same as the third but with a plain veil instead of matching.

_8329.jpg

_8330.jpg

with_matching.jpg

with_plain.jpg

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Fun!!

My vote goes to your favorite dress from store #1! I think it is the most flattering on your figure - makes your waist look super small! Store #2 favorite was my wedding dress, and you're right, it IS gorgeous! Not gonna lie, I'm not a huge fan of #3 (jacket dress). With the jacket and veil, it's a lot going on.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1374289393|3486567 said:
Anyway...
No problems. My body just got a little behind schedule.
Missed your update while I was out of town last week! Glad things checked out okay!

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1374893544|3491268 said:
Fun!!

My vote goes to your favorite dress from store #1! I think it is the most flattering on your figure - makes your waist look super small! Store #2 favorite was my wedding dress, and you're right, it IS gorgeous! Not gonna lie, I'm not a huge fan of #3 (jacket dress). With the jacket and veil, it's a lot going on.
I completely 100% agree with star! First store favorite is sooo flattering and different! Seems completely fitting for your venue, too!

#2 is also a gorgeous dress, but I like the first store favorite on you better.

I really don't like anything about the last dress with the lace jacket. The dress itself does absolutely nothing for your shape. I don't want that to sound mean and I hope you don't take it that way! The others are just SOO much more flattering on you.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun!!

Thanks for the feedback!

Your vote is the dress I sort of come back to every time I think about them. (probably a good sign that I really like this one)

Funny that the lace one was your dress! It is beautiful and so delicate. I sort of hesitate though because I felt like it made my hips look big and that I'd spend the day worried about the lace tearing.

I agree with your comment about the one with the jacket. It is super plain without the jacket but just felt busy with it. The jacket is also very scratchy. I think I like the concept but that particular dress may not be my favorite. When I think about it, I find myself trying to like it best because it is the one FI really liked. (He wasn't with me at the 1st store so never saw the other one on me). That is probably a very good way to regret the purchase and probably end up buying another one later...

We're going down to Portland soon to look at another place. I'm hoping to have either that "OMG!!!!" moment there or at least try on enough that I can be absolutely positive that the one from the 1st store is right.

I sort of have mixed feelings about working with that 1st store. They have good reviews. The prices are pretty okay.
My problem was that I was pretty much stuck trying to climb into the dresses by myself. It is a small shop and the people are friendly but I worry that when it came time for fittings they may not take the time to do it right.
The 2nd store was wonderful and helped me get into and out of everything. I feel very comfortable that they would do great work getting it to fit just right.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1374894191|3491274 said:
Fun!!

I completely 100% agree with star! First store favorite is sooo flattering and different! Seems completely fitting for your venue, too!

#2 is also a gorgeous dress, but I like the first store favorite on you better.

I really don't like anything about the last dress with the lace jacket. The dress itself does absolutely nothing for your shape. I don't want that to sound mean and I hope you don't take it that way! The others are just SOO much more flattering on you.

I agree with you both on the favorite from store #1! (see my comment to star for lots of detail!)

The lace jacket one didn't feel quite right. Looking at myself, it felt like it was all wrong for my body shape. If the waist was a bit different and some other stuff was changed, it might work better. It was also uncomfortable to wear.

Thanks for your feedback too!

I've been trying to like the one with the jacket but both of you have had the same comments that I've been thinking. I don't want to have regrets and I feel like I'd really regret wearing that dress!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Trying to like something in order to please others is definitely a sure-fire way to end up with dress regret later on, so please don't force yourself to like it! The fact that it's scratchy is also not good, you don't want to be all itchy on your wedding day!

The lace on my dress/your dress #2 is delicate, but it's pretty sturdy. I had zero issues with it, even bustled and walking around a bunch. I loved wearing it, that's for sure.

Sorry to hear about the way you were treated at the first store, that's pretty crappy! And anyone who has ever tried on dresses before knows that they aren't the easiest things to get in/out of! Can you find dress #1 at a different store, perhaps? I really like the skirt on it, it seems so light and ethereal!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1374894362|3491277 said:
We're going down to Portland soon to look at another place. I'm hoping to have either that "OMG!!!!" moment there or at least try on enough that I can be absolutely positive that the one from the 1st store is right.
I was JUST in Portland for a work conference for almost a week! I didn't know you were close by!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1374894612|3491279 said:
I agree with you both on the favorite from store #1! (see my comment to star for lots of detail!)

The lace jacket one didn't feel quite right. Looking at myself, it felt like it was all wrong for my body shape. If the waist was a bit different and some other stuff was changed, it might work better. It was also uncomfortable to wear.

Thanks for your feedback too!

I've been trying to like the one with the jacket but both of you have had the same comments that I've been thinking. I don't want to have regrets and I feel like I'd really regret wearing that dress!
No problem! Uncomfortable is NOT good. If you don't love it now, you won't grow to love it more. Definitely do NOT convince yourself to like something. And itchy sleeves? Definitely bad. You do not want to be uncomfortable on your wedding day.

audball

Ideal_Rock
I sort of have mixed feelings about working with that 1st store. They have good reviews. The prices are pretty okay.
My problem was that I was pretty much stuck trying to climb into the dresses by myself. It is a small shop and the people are friendly but I worry that when it came time for fittings they may not take the time to do it right.
The 2nd store was wonderful and helped me get into and out of everything. I feel very comfortable that they would do great work getting it to fit just right.
That's unfortunate. Trying on dresses is definitely hard to do alone. Can the dress be found elsewhere? You do not have to have your fittings done at the same shop you purchase from. Maybe using your own chosen tailor to alter and fit the dress would ease your mind about purchasing the dress from them?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
When is your wedding TP? It's pretty soon, right? Can you get these dresses in time? Or are you buying off the rack?

I like dress 1 the most. I think it's super flattering, and I love the way the skirt kind of floats!

My feelings on the other two pretty much follow what the other girls have said. The jacket is just way too much, and the dress just isn't enough without it! And then the lace dress is pretty, but it just doesn't feel as much YOU as the first one.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Looking at the pictures again, I really like this one on you as well. Your description said that it was okay, but not you but I think it's very flattering!! To me it minimizes the hips (which you said was a concern for you on the favorite lace one from this shop), defines your waist with the criss cross ruching under the bust, and the sparkly sleeves really draw the eye to your bust and face and away from your mid section and hips area.

That being said, I had a few dresses that other people really liked on me, but that I just didn't like no matter how many compliments people gave me so I totally get it not feeling like you even if others really like it but I just wanted to throw it out there since I thought it looked lovely on you!

tpdress.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1374897250|3491302 said:
When is your wedding TP? It's pretty soon, right? Can you get these dresses in time? Or are you buying off the rack?

I like dress 1 the most. I think it's super flattering, and I love the way the skirt kind of floats!

My feelings on the other two pretty much follow what the other girls have said. The jacket is just way too much, and the dress just isn't enough without it! And then the lace dress is pretty, but it just doesn't feel as much YOU as the first one.

Thanks for your help!

That is the one I keep coming back to so that is definitely the current top choice.

Wedding is 10/17 so pretty close. All of the dresses I tried on can be ordered in time for the wedding plus a few extra weeks to allow for fitting. (they were kind enough to check before I tried stuff on at either place :appl: )

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1374895425|3491289 said:
That's unfortunate. Trying on dresses is definitely hard to do alone. Can the dress be found elsewhere? You do not have to have your fittings done at the same shop you purchase from. Maybe using your own chosen tailor to alter and fit the dress would ease your mind about purchasing the dress from them?

I've got to call around on Monday and see what I can find out. The dress isn't exclusive to that shop so that might be a possibility.

Yeah.... trying to climb in and out alone was awful. The dresses also had some damage that was clearly caused by other people having the same experience.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1374895193|3491283 said:
I was JUST in Portland for a work conference for almost a week! I didn't know you were close by!

Not super close to Portland. We're actually in the Seattle area. Probably about a 4 hour drive each way (unless traffic gets bad...)

There is a group that collects wedding gowns that people donate and then they sell them with all proceeds going to cancer research. I've been told that they have a huge collection of dresses and you can get designer gowns for very little $$. I'm always looking for great ways to be easy on the budget and don't mind wearing a dress that someone else wore for a day (assuming it fits me and is in good condition). My family has also been hugely touched by cancer so helping support research for cures is a big thing for me.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1374989058|3491743 said:
I've got to call around on Monday and see what I can find out. The dress isn't exclusive to that shop so that might be a possibility.

Yeah.... trying to climb in and out alone was awful. The dresses also had some damage that was clearly caused by other people having the same experience.
This is good news -- that it isn't an exclusive offering of this shop. BUT I really don't think it would be a big deal to get it fitted/altered elsewhere. If the price is good and you really love it, buy it and just take it to someone else for the rest of the stages.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1374989495|3491744 said:
Not super close to Portland. We're actually in the Seattle area. Probably about a 4 hour drive each way (unless traffic gets bad...)

There is a group that collects wedding gowns that people donate and then they sell them with all proceeds going to cancer research. I've been told that they have a huge collection of dresses and you can get designer gowns for very little $$. I'm always looking for great ways to be easy on the budget and don't mind wearing a dress that someone else wore for a day (assuming it fits me and is in good condition). My family has also been hugely touched by cancer so helping support research for cures is a big thing for me.
Ah, I see! That would be a great way to get a dress! I don't think that kind of pressure would be for me, though. I tend to have to really mull things over long and hard before making decisions. Buy this dress now or leave is not the kind of experience I think I could handle! Make sure to take someone you really trust the opinion of and take pictures so you can leave feeling sure of your decision either way!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
TP, I just wanted to say that I've been following your story for ages, and I am so happy for you. The first dress of the 3 you've narrowed it down to is just stunning - so flattering on you! But whatever you choose, you're going to be a beautiful bride.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I love the first dress! I agree with the others that the 3rd is too busy. I like the 2nd one too, but not as much as the first!

I went dress shopping alone, and in both shops i went to the consultant helped me get in and out of each of the dresses i tried on. They provided the necessary undergarments too (longline bra and slip for the dresses that needed the ummph). I'm sorry you didn't have such a great experience trying stuff on at shop #1, but if they have the best price, like aud said - you can def shop around for alterations elsewhere!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1375107023|3492392 said:
TP, I just wanted to say that I've been following your story for ages, and I am so happy for you. The first dress of the 3 you've narrowed it down to is just stunning - so flattering on you! But whatever you choose, you're going to be a beautiful bride.

Ditto everything princesss said, TP! That first dress is just perfect, and I am so happy this is finally happening for you. Sorry to hear about your experience at that first shop, but man, did you find a beautiful dress!

aud, I think the one you like from store #2 was tammy77's dress! :D Also, to follow up from before (sorry, I forgot to pop back in to check up on things)...hubby wears wire frames, so he doesn't really get the slippage. However, a friend of mine wears frames similar to yours and plays volleyball. She can't see well enough without them so she has to wear them when she plays and she swears by a dab of that Band-Aid liquid bandage stuff right where the glasses sit on her nose. Not quite sure how it works, but I'm guessing since it seals the skin/repels water, it prevents the area from getting too sweaty? It might be worth a test-run before the wedding to see if it helps you at all!

audball

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1375131264|3492649 said:
Also, to follow up from before (sorry, I forgot to pop back in to check up on things)...hubby wears wire frames, so he doesn't really get the slippage. However, a friend of mine wears frames similar to yours and plays volleyball. She can't see well enough without them so she has to wear them when she plays and she swears by a dab of that Band-Aid liquid bandage stuff right where the glasses sit on her nose. Not quite sure how it works, but I'm guessing since it seals the skin/repels water, it prevents the area from getting too sweaty? It might be worth a test-run before the wedding to see if it helps you at all!
Ooohooohhh!!!!! GREAT idea. I knew there would be something available over the counter that would add a bit of grip without being visible, but I couldn't think what may be a solid option! Putting it on my grocery list!! :)) :)) :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results