color
clarity

getting lost in stupid stuff

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Princesss & VC :wavey:

Thank you both so much!

I keep coming back to that one again and again. Rather than going to Oregon, I think I might just go to a place closer to here and see what they have. There was another place in the area I'd wanted to look at. They have the Pronovias that I've been drooling over pictures of. If I try them on and still keep going back to that first one, then I'll know it is time to order and not look back.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

So I know it is a trivial concern compared to the people and homes the fires are threatening but ---- WHY???

There is a 39 sq mile fire heading right towards the winery! :-o :errrr:

Broke out Saturday night and they've only got it 25% contained. They are hoping to stop it before it gets to the wind farm (just a few miles from the winery) by setting up lines at a ridge (which I believe is just a couple of miles straight down the road from the winery)....

I'm hoping they are able to stop the fires soon! (until then, I'm being good and just watching the news rather than calling the winery since I know there is nothing they can do and they're probably swamped with other people to deal with)

audball

Ideal_Rock
I hope everything is alright!! :-o

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1375190583|3493030 said:
I hope everything is alright!! :-o

Just waiting to see :sick:

FI thinks it will probably be okay because he thinks it is on the other side of a river. It looks like it is on the other side of the river but JUST. So long as the river is big enough to keep it from jumping to the other side it might be okay...

Currently at 25,000 acres (39.06 sq mi) and only 5% contained.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
11 days left to the RSVP deadline I put on the invites. (which is 7 days before the date where rooms must be reserved or released from our block)

Invited 25 people (including cantor + wife and Rabbi + wife)

So far we've got 3 accepted (not counting Rabbi and cantor who will be there but may or may not bring wives and may or may not stay for dinner and may or may not stay over night) and 3 declines.

I hate waiting!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still waiting for Rabbi to confirm Ketubah wording. We want to use the traditional (Orthodox) wording. It is in Aramaic and we'd include the English interpretation as well. (not a word for word translation but a pretty interpretation of what is said)

Here is the English:

On this day (specifics filled in) we the bride and groom (include names)

Affirmed their love for each other saying: With these rings we make our love sacred. Let our hearts be interwoven in a flowing tapestry of hope and trust. Let our lives be united sharing spirituality and ideas, as equals and Best Friends. Let love gently comfort our quiet times and enrich our times of joy. May we create a home that surrounds our family and friends with warmth, laughter and love. May our love grow as our souls entwine in our hearts deepest intimacy. I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine. This covenant of marriage has been signed and sealed according to the laws of Moses and Israel.

2mm white gold band ordered!

ETA:
Yay!!!
Just now got e-mail from Rabbi and he is good with the wording and I can go ahead and order the ketubah we like!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Congrats! What style white gold band did you go with?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1375313631|3494104 said:

14kt white gold. Just plain dome. No engraving/stones/etc.
2mm to go with the thin band of my e-ring.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1375319700|3494195 said:

Post pics when you get it!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coming along! I've got an exam tomorrow and then finals next week. A bunch of the "in process" stuff should hopefully get moved over to "done" by the end of this week. After next Thursday I'll be able to throw all of my time and energy into the wedding and really get stuff done!

Done:
STD's mailed
his w-band bought
venue selected/booked
wine tasting arranged
cake
invitations
figure out who is sharing room with "A"
who to drive "A" over on the day of
Place in our house for TWO guests to stay (not a couple so need two locations)
My necklace (sapphire & diamond)
my w-band (just have to place order)

In process:
photographer (two promising possibilities found, must meet in person and make final choice)
DJ (FI working out music list etc)
music selection
flowers (verging on done)
dinner menu
brunch menu
KETUBAH!!! (placing order this week)
chuppah (brilliant idea -- must run by Rabbi for okay)
nails
shoes
Are we staying Friday night too??? (added cost of about $1,000...)
new kippah for FI
kippot (plural of kippah) for guests
book of blessings for dinner
DRESS (one more place to visit this week and then I order!)

To do:
(EVERYTHING!!!!)
hair
his tux
dress for "A" (waiting for September since she's growing fast!)
plane ticket for out of town guest
someone to watch animals for at least 2 nights
frame to hang ketubah
order kosher wine for blessings
order kosher meals for Rabbi???
find a glass to break
toasting glasses
special Kiddush cup
ceremony programs
translate Hebrew sections to English to print for guests (leaving this to FI)
guest book?
schedule mikvah visit for me
marriage license
practice 1st dance (would like to have practiced with our instructor for 1st and last dances)
centerpiece materials

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1375323174|3494238 said:
TooPatient|1375319700|3494195 said:

Post pics when you get it!

Of course! I'll even have them shine up my diamonds for a full set picture :bigsmile:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Phew! Really coming along! Good luck on your finals so that you can truly focus on wedding planning soon!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
i came over to browse and i have to say that toopatient, you are the most incredibly organized person ever!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1375370508|3494520 said:
i came over to browse and i have to say that toopatient, you are the most incredibly organized person ever!!!
Hi LLC! :wavey: You should hang out here more often!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
audball :wavey: :wavey: I'm kinda in no mans land...even though i have a wedding planned, i think i fit more in LIW at this time - but i do like to peek over at this thread. It's like brain dumping (in a good way) and so very organized!

audball

Ideal_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1375371230|3494535 said:
audball :wavey: :wavey: I'm kinda in no mans land...even though i have a wedding planned, i think i fit more in LIW at this time - but i do like to peek over at this thread. It's like brain dumping (in a good way) and so very organized!
You know where to find me if you ever want to chat elopement! :) Me loves having an elopement buddy!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks! You might be one of the few people thinking that right this minute!

Our wedding is in 2 1/2 months -- 10 weeks :-o

I still don't have my dress ordered. Just ordered my w-band yesterday (which is cutting it pretty close since the distributor people who actually make the bands and get them to my jeweler close for the entire month of August). Haven't followed up with the photographers so still need to meet with them and pick who we're going with.

BTW.... This is all a lot less crazy than it sounds because we're doing a Thursday wedding after the busy wedding season. Bakers, photographers, DJs, etc are pretty open for October week days. If we were doing Fri, Sat or Sun we'd be in trouble about now!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1375370631|3494524 said:
Hi LLC! :wavey: You should hang out here more often!

Yes!

We like people to talk to about random details (or just nothing at all!).

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
TooPatient i totally understand the whole school thing. I give you SO much credit for getting everything done while in school. I'm in school right now for my RN and the reason we booked the wedding was because i only have summer break before i go back to get my BSN in fall 2014. And i just read your comment on SPBC thread, and i certainly didn't want to thread jack but i forgot ALL ABOUT FIN AID ELIGIBILITY! Now my eyes are :-o ! Right now im doing an associate degree as i had too many college credit to apply to the bach program with any hopes of getting in this century. LOL - so i grad with my RN in May 2014 (god willing) and will be getting married July 2014, back to school Sept 2014 for bach. Now i'm kinda freaking out a little...LOL Oh well, i shouldn't be affected for academic year fall/spring 14/15 because my Fasfa will be filled out well in advance of the wedding, but for the summer then fall spring 15/16 i will! i guess i will have to see what happens when i get there!

audball - i will have more to commiserate regarding the elopement when i speak to the WC in August. School starts in 1 month and 3 days and this shiznit all has to be taken care of before then!

audball

Ideal_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1375378030|3494636 said:
audball - i will have more to commiserate regarding the elopement when i speak to the WC in August. School starts in 1 month and 3 days and this shiznit all has to be taken care of before then!
Squee! I'm ready to gab when you are! :))

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gack!!! Whatever you do (unless its unavoidable), do not plan your wedding at the same time you are finishing school!

I remember the mayhem of finals week and then graduating December 19, 2009 and then having the wedding January 9, 2010. Lets just say I wouldn't do that over again. A few months is probably ok, depending on the type of wedding you're having, but whatever you do, don't do what I did!!!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bought my dress!
Not one from the pictures. Went to a different place and worked with this amazing woman who knew just what I was looking for. Tried on bunches and each was great and would be just perfect if...
Until I got one on that just felt right. It had all of the things I wanted and was just The Dress!

Will post pictures tomorrow night!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
TooPatient|1375495522|3495745 said:
Bought my dress!
Not one from the pictures. Went to a different place and worked with this amazing woman who knew just what I was looking for. Tried on bunches and each was great and would be just perfect if...
Until I got one on that just felt right. It had all of the things I wanted and was just The Dress!

can't wait to see it! Glad you had a great experience at a different shop! :appl: :appl: :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1375495522|3495745 said:
Bought my dress!

Squee!! We need pictures woman! Or at least some details!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay.... Not the greatest pictures, but here goes!

The dress is a Princess Bride design. Found this while trying on Pronovias. It has a simple dress under that (when fitted correctly) doesn't emphasize my hips but shows a nice curve from bust to waist to hip. The overlay is absolutely stunning! It has delicate lace along with some small sparkle. Not over done but not too simplistic either. Currently sleeveless, but I'm looking at having some delicate material (to match overlay) over the chest a bit (open in center to showcase necklace so more off to the sides -- similar to idea in first picture) and adding a touch of sweetheart neckline. It is too big for me so is a bit bunched up with the pinning she had to do :knockout:

The pictures taken with my phone aren't the greatest at showing the shape of the dress and the overlay. I'm attaching several that show different details. (I promise I'll buy a real camera and post better pictures of stuff soon!!!)

photo_3de65419-f8ec-09ba-acbb-a69deb3a8472.jpg

photo_4d1dac31-b916-319a-8d17-0320c490a0fc.jpg

photo_c5489200-1ea6-01e2-49c1-77f05911e512.jpg

photo_de63cb7e-9545-8114-4bbe-d7a9cad72214.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh -- material added wouldn't hang down and cover front of dress. It would attach sort of like strap.

Tried it on with no bra...
Not sure if I like that or not. I'm going to see about taking it in to try on different bras with it to see what would be comfortable and work best.

I need to call the seamstress this week (after my final exam!) and see how long I have to lose a few more pounds and find the right underwear and shoes before starting alterations.

Also have to go back (probably to David's Bridal as they had amazing selection) and try on veils and stuff to see what style I like with it. The question then is to buy off the rack or to have the seamstress make (she does this so it is an option).

audball

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! It looks wonderful on you TP!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on getting the dress, TooPatient!!! It looks magical!

Just an FYI, I had requested to remove my thread after a night of familial berating and then I went on PS to feel more berated, when in reality everyone was rather supportive, therefore I'd like to apologize for two things: 1) this eternally run-on sentence and 2) not thanking everyone for their great responses. So thank you :))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wakingdreams53|1375667970|3496662 said:
Congrats on getting the dress, TooPatient!!! It looks magical!

Just an FYI, I had requested to remove my thread after a night of familial berating and then I went on PS to feel more berated, when in reality everyone was rather supportive, therefore I'd like to apologize for two things: 1) this eternally run-on sentence and 2) not thanking everyone for their great responses. So thank you :))

Thanks!

Sorry you had a tough night with your family. I hope all is better now.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1375662900|3496628 said:
Congrats!! It looks wonderful on you TP!

Thanks!

Pictures really didn't come out well. Looking back on them, I almost wish I'd gotten the other one but when I think about how I felt and how they look in person I am confident I've got the right one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results