shape
carat
color
clarity

"Gentlemen, Start Your Engines." (ladies too!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/28/2004 10:48:51 AM
Author: verticalhorizon
I don''t have a garage, but here''s my current inventory.

2000 Canondale F400 hardtail mtn. bike
HI:

I have been looking at these Canondale hunies--but I want more a hybrid model since my days of careening down mountains are finished. Are you happy with this brand? That or maybe a Giant.

Sharon

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2004 8:17:56 PM
Author: tinatark

the Mercedes was a GREAT car, as long as you didn''t have to visit the dealership)... I bought it from a dealership in Coral Gables, near Miami.
tina...as soon as I saw that comment about the dealership I automatically understood what you meant. It sounded exactly like my dealership and I wondered where you were located. Then I saw that you bought a Navigator from a dealership in Coral Gables.....NOW I understand completely!! Do you live in South Florida?

In my garage:

2003 Mercedes CL500 (my birthday present last year)
2004 Mercedes S500 (his)
2003 Kymco Super 9 Scooter (his)

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/28/2004 11:50
6.gif
7 AM
Author: canuk-gal

I don't have a garage, but here's my current inventory.

HI:

I have been looking at these Canondale hunies--but I want more a hybrid model since my days of careening down mountains are finished. Are you happy with this brand? That or maybe a Giant.

Sharon

I love Cannondale bikes. My F400 is front suspension only and quite reasonably priced for trail riding w/ occasional trips around town. They're made in the USA (somewhere in PA I think) and their all aluminum oversized tube frames are light and tough. This has been my second Cann in so many years. The new framesets come disc brake ready, so if you choose to upgrade, they'll be all set.

Giant is a good company too... and not inexpensive either. Treks, Specialized, Jamus, Gary Fischer (I think now owned by Trek) are all great bike manufacturers.

This is the bike I'd like to get for my FW: Trek 3700. It runs for about $350 I think. Less than my bike, more than Walmart, but the overall bike is much better for your money than the $99 special.

ALSO... remember though, if you just want a junker to commute to school or work, sometimes the $99 Huffy is a BETTER idea, b/c people will be less likely to try and steal it. Is this a sad way to think? Yes, but remember that just recently it was discovered that you can open up the Kryponite U-Locks with a ball point pen! Better you spend your money on a bike you keep locked up and use for specific recreation and/or buy a junker you won't mind losing to commutes!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my ride.

bus2000.jpg

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Noob,

Yeah, but does it have a Hemi? :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2004 9:16:51 AM

6.gif
7 AM

ALSO... remember though, if you just want a junker to commute to school or work, sometimes the $99 Huffy is a BETTER idea, b/c people will be less likely to try and steal it. Is this a sad way to think? Yes, but remember that just recently it was discovered that you can open up the Kryponite U-Locks with a ball point pen! Better you spend your money on a bike you keep locked up and use for specific recreation and/or buy a junker you won''t mind losing to commutes!
HI:

Ironically, my non-label concscious husband is totally embarrassed by my present ride round town bike--looks like that Partride Family Bus--so he wants to get me either a Canondale or Specialized bike; you know kinda improve his image by being seen with a hottie with great wheels
2.gif
! Men! (wish he felt that way about diamonds)
So no $99 Huffy for me I guess.......as the bikes we looked at were in the $900-1200 (Can) range.

cheers

Sharon

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2004 11:35:34 AM
Author: JohnQuixote
Noob,

Sweet.
What''s the 0-60 on that bad boy?
0-60 "hey everyone, c''mon let''s get happies" in less than 5 minutes

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2004 11:47:56 AM

6.gif
7 AM

I don't have a garage, but here's my current inventory.

ALSO... remember though, if you just want a junker to commute to school or work, sometimes the $99 Huffy is a BETTER idea, b/c people will be less likely to try and steal it. Is this a sad way to think? Yes, but remember that just recently it was discovered that you can open up the Kryponite U-Locks with a ball point pen! Better you spend your money on a bike you keep locked up and use for specific recreation and/or buy a junker you won't mind losing to commutes!
HI:

Ironically, my non-label concscious husband is totally embarrassed by my present ride round town bike--looks like that Partride Family Bus--so he wants to get me either a Canondale or Specialized bike; you know kinda improve his image by being seen with a hottie with great wheels
2.gif
So no $99 Huffy for me I guess.......as the bikes we looked at were in the $900-1200 (Can) range.

cheers

Sharon
Sharon, what VH said is sad but true. I've had three bikes stolen.
7.gif
One Trek, one Giant and one Proflex. (over the last 15 years)

I started locking them up in my basement. If you're not going to do a lot of off roading, a hybrid is probably the way to go to be more comfortable. My current ride is an older Proflex 955 (K2). Ran me $3000 back when I bought it. I don't have time and use it more for hard surface rides now. What a waste of a bunch of XTR and XT gear.

Your budget will get you a very nice bike. Is it snowing in Calgary yet?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2004 1:27:56 PM
Author: noobie

Date: 10/29/2004 11:47:56 AM

6.gif
7 AM

ALSO... remember though, if you just want a junker to commute to school or work, sometimes the $99 Huffy is a BETTER idea, b/c people will be less likely to try and steal it. Is this a sad way to think? Yes, but remember that just recently it was discovered that you can open up the Kryponite U-Locks with a ball point pen! Better you spend your money on a bike you keep locked up and use for specific recreation and/or buy a junker you won''t mind losing to commutes!
HI:

2.gif

cheers

Sharon
Sharon, what VH said is sad but true. I''ve had three bikes stolen.
7.gif
One Trek, one Giant and one Proflex. (over the last 15 years)

I started locking them up in my basement. If you''re not going to do a lot of off roading, a hybrid is probably the way to go to be more comfortable. My current ride is an older Proflex 955 (K2). Ran me $3000 back when I bought it. I don''t have time and use it more for hard surface rides now. What a waste of a bunch of XTR and XT gear.

Your budget will get you a very nice bike. Is it snowing in Calgary yet?

HI Noobie:

Actually we had a couple of cms. of snow early in Oct and unfortunately it has stayed--and it is supposed to snow again tomorrow and cold temps for Halloween.
7.gif
So when I look at many of the pics of what folks can drive in their respective parts of North America all year ''round, I just smile, since all our Porches and Vettes get garaged for the better part of 6 months or so, due to wet and icy weather!!! 4WD is a must here! (I often help push our neighbours Mercedes out of the ice ruts...............)

Do you know my "neck of the woods" at all???

cheers

Sharon

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Sharon,

I''m actually a Canadian living in the US. I have friends in Calgary. Had a chance to move there two years ago. Funny, one of my job offers out of school was in Calgary, or was that Fort McMurray! Lake Louise and Banff are on our must see lists. I tell you, I don''t miss the cold. It''s amazing how fast one can get soft when it comes to cold weather and snow. We don''t get much CFL news down here, but I didn''t think the Stamps were doing that well?

P.S. All of my bike thefts happened in Canada. The last time was on our honeymoon. I had our bikes locked to large anchor bolts in the garage. They broke into the locked garage and used a crowbar to pry the bolts out of the wall and cut the locks off later. Looks like they cased it out.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Nice to "meet" you! And yes, our Rockies are to die for--I have lived here all my life and I am still in awe of it breadth and beauty. Just today my son and I were off to lunch and you could see the mountains to the West--sepctacular!

However, I can relate to your comment on not missing the snow--I tolerate it but do not like the cold (too skinny I guess
1.gif
) and I would like to retire in Palm Springs: I LOVE California!

I''ve never been to Fort McMurray--but what they do there is unique (heavy oil extraction) and I would like to see it for the engineering marvel that it is (that and Hibernia, OK I am a nerd)
2.gif

cheers

Sharon

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Back to cars...

I forgot to mention my new dream car... The 2005 Ford GT!!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Ours:

*2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan- seating for seven civilized people OR seating for 2 frazzled parents and 3 hellions
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
with enough spacing between seats that they can''t touch each other
9.gif

*2002 Toyota Avalon- comfortable seating for 2 frazzled parents with a big enough back seat for 3 car/booster seats. Center back seated child can reach both siblings for irritating "touching", hair pulling, or for the old "pull my finger" trick. Frazzled parent sitting shotgun can reach center seated offender to confiscate Gameboy as punishment.

*2005 Nissan 350-Z DH''s mid-life crisis car that he will be receiving in December and I will be receiving in divorce settlement if he attempts to fill the passenger seat with a mid-life crisis girlfriend!!!
27.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2004 6:16:55 PM
Author: pearcrazy

*2005 Nissan 350-Z DH''s mid-life crisis car that he will be receiving in December and I will be receiving in divorce settlement if he attempts to fill the passenger seat with a mid-life crisis girlfriend!!!
27.gif
LOL!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2004 6:16:55 PM
Author: pearcrazy
Ours:

*2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan- seating for seven civilized people OR seating for 2 frazzled parents and 3 hellions
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
with enough spacing between seats that they can''t touch each other
9.gif

*2002 Toyota Avalon- comfortable seating for 2 frazzled parents with a big enough back seat for 3 car/booster seats. Center back seated child can reach both siblings for irritating ''touching'', hair pulling, or for the old ''pull my finger'' trick. Frazzled parent sitting shotgun can reach center seated offender to confiscate Gameboy as punishment.

27.gif
Pearcrazy
you take the 350 z and fill the passenger seat with a mid-life crisis boyfriend !!!
2.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Our brand new Dodge Ram....and yes, it has a "Hemi"!! Absolutely love it, except when I go to fill it up with gas....
face14.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Hope the picture works this time?

dodgeram.jpg

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/28/2004 6:33:15 PM
Author: didiamond

Date: 10/27/2004 8:17:56 PM
Author: tinatark

the Mercedes was a GREAT car, as long as you didn''t have to visit the dealership)... I bought it from a dealership in Coral Gables, near Miami.
tina...as soon as I saw that comment about the dealership I automatically understood what you meant. It sounded exactly like my dealership and I wondered where you were located. Then I saw that you bought a Navigator from a dealership in Coral Gables.....NOW I understand completely!! Do you live in South Florida?

In my garage:

2003 Mercedes CL500 (my birthday present last year)
2004 Mercedes S500 (his)
2003 Kymco Super 9 Scooter (his)
No, I live in E. TN, near the Great Smoky Mountains. We bought the Navigator from Coral Gables L-M, on EBay! I didn''t understand why everyone was nervous about me flying down, picking it up and driving back, until I was on the flight. Then lots of scary scenarios kept going through my mind! I had a back up plan in my mind, but really, it was a 2 year old car with 13k miles from a reputable dealer! It was pretty cool, the salesman (who I ended up with a 6 degrees of separation-like connection with) picked me up at the airport and I was on the turnpike within 45 minutes!

sparker

Shiny_Rock
What do I have, not much, but here goes:

A BEautiful 2003 Honda Odyssey to haul my office and 90year old in-laws around,
A NOT so beautiful Ford Explorer to haul my husband to work and his BOAT
29.gif

And of course The Beautiful wonderful Boston Whaler that got out all of 12 times last year.
29.gif
29.gif

What do I want?

All of these vehicles to be paid for
36.gif
36.gif

Suz

Oh, I forgot. We also have a vintage Volvo 240 (red) that belongs to one of my teenage sons. (Its paid for
1.gif
)

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock

Well... in the way of an excuse for dropping off the face of PS for so long, and after rediscovering this way cool thread, I thought I'd post pics of my solo on January 2nd in sweet little Fiona, the Citabria.

I'm also doing this because I haven't flown her since, and I'm in SUCH withdrawal!. Turns out I soloed her with some mechanical troubles... Before I took her up, the alternator died, so I had a nearly dead battery and no radio (no biggie, it's an uncontrolled airport and the electrical only runs radio and transponder). After getting her on the ground and removing the alternator, we found one of the cylinders wasn't compressing correctly. She's been undergoing repairs ever since. Whew, I'm glad I got the solo before we found out all the probs!!!

2.gif

soloPS.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Q!!
How cool.
emotion-19.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, Sir Knight! It''s good to be back
1.gif

That''s actually me coming in for a three-point landing. I had no idea there would be a welcoming committee of accomplished pilots with camera when I touched down... it''s just as well, or I would really have botched it!
2.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2005 1:13
6.gif
1 AM
Author: quaeritur
Hello, Sir Knight! It''s good to be back
1.gif

That''s actually me coming in for a three-point landing. I had no idea there would be a welcoming committee of accomplished pilots with camera when I touched down... it''s just as well, or I would really have botched it!
2.gif

36.gif

Brava!

Don''t you fancy you could have performed a ''loupe'' d ''loupe'' for them?

(woof...sorry ''bout that)

Glad there was no yaw.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Oo! I like this thread.....

In my driveway is my '05 c230 Mercedes Kompressor Sports Sedan
30.gif

In the garage is a Corvette and a Harley-Davidson Dyna Wide Glide.

My dream tinker-toy is a Messerschmitt just because I like the name, lol.
9.gif
9.gif

Here's a pic of the Messerschmitt..cute little three wheeled thingy
37.gif

ad_1_b.JPG

Edited: It kind of reminds me of the Cat in the Hat car
6.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2005 12:41:32 PM
Author: quaeritur

Well... in the way of an excuse for dropping off the face of PS for so long, and after rediscovering this way cool thread, I thought I'd post pics of my solo on January 2nd in sweet little Fiona, the Citabria.

I'm also doing this because I haven't flown her since, and I'm in SUCH withdrawal!. Turns out I soloed her with some mechanical troubles... Before I took her up, the alternator died, so I had a nearly dead battery and no radio (no biggie, it's an uncontrolled airport and the electrical only runs radio and transponder). After getting her on the ground and removing the alternator, we found one of the cylinders wasn't compressing correctly. She's been undergoing repairs ever since. Whew, I'm glad I got the solo before we found out all the probs!!!

2.gif

I have to admit that I think that's pretty cool. I'd think it were way cooler if I weren't so terrified of flying
40.gif

But still cool!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I am just seeing this thread...sorry I am so late!

Currently driving: 2002 Nissan Pathfinder

Dream: Porsche 911 Carerra Cabriolet (sigh)

ETA: with nice rims of course!!

Attachments

• f56.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 194

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Currently driving: 1992 Hyundai Lantra Sedan (really Crappy in need of major repairs)

Dream Car: Honda S200 (as pictured but I really wish those people will get away from my car
2.gif
)

s2000.jpg

neelyjohns

Rough_Rock
In my garage is a 1990 F-150 2WD with a window that wont roll up and over 200K on the odometer, in the driveway is a 2000 Merc Sable with a Special Edition Yamaha built 240 HP 3.0 (A.K.A. SHO motor) Funny thing is that I own 2 fords and I''m really a Chevy guy. My pipe dream car is a 10 second ''79 Camaro.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results