shape
carat
color
clarity

"Gentlemen, Start Your Engines." (ladies too!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jodstr2

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 10/27/2004 11:44:37 AM rfath wrote:

2001 Audi S4 avant. The sleeper sports car. Heavily modified, about 310hp now, waiting for the turbos to go so we can REALLY mod it.----------------

10.gif
10.gif
10.gif

beautiful Avant!!! go 'Stage III' if you haven't already! and from the pic I see you track it too. right on!
1.gif

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
My first car was an old T-Bird that was all beat up and had a hole in the floor. This was very bad back in my hometown of Cincinnati....especially in the winter. I always had frozen feet!!! Also - I could tell what the temperture was outside because the horn only honked when it was over 55 degrees! Now I drive an 04 Cadallic CTS....dark gray. I love it! I guess I've come a long way from that old T-Bird, but I'll always remember it "fondly"

"And she'll have fun fun fun till her Daddy takes her T-Bird away"

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, but keep in mind we're a couple working students in our really early 20's!
1.gif

I'm currently driving a '98 Maxima, looking to switch to a 2000-ish Altima or Mazda 626 sometime in the next year. (Because for whatever reason, I got a lemon.)

SO's got a '91 Toyota MR2, his baby, with a ton of aftermarket stuff, and anybody that's been reading the "Anxious" thread knows he's in the market for a second car for puttering around town, just something cheap.

My "achievable" dream ride (meaning I might actually see it in the next 5 years) is an Acura RSX: stylish, but not an attention-grabber (specifically, a cop-attention-grabber), with a decent amount of starting power and lots of potential for aftermarket goods.

The dream-dream car: lately, an Aston Martin. Damn those cars are sexy.
lickout.gif

rfath

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/27/2004 12:35:21 PM jodstr2 wrote:

10.gif
10.gif
10.gif

beautiful Avant!!! go 'Stage III' if you haven't already! and from the pic I see you track it too. right on!
1.gif

----------------

Stage III is the plan - he's got the parts picked out. We're hoping that the second set of K03 turbos will go within the next year - they're not sounding happy. With the suspension changes that we made (Stasis), it feels a lot less noodly through the chassis - still not the stiffness of the B6 design, but nice and responsive. Unfortunately, the tracks in New England are less fun for the car compared to the Mini - very tight and short. Stage III might change his feelings, though! We're definitely a pair of track addicts, though...
1.gif

Maybachs are very interesting. We live next to a FABULOUS Italian restaurant and the owner of one of the Boston dealerships was trying to sell one to a buyer last year or so (associated somehow with one of the Symphonies in the area). I don't think either of them were planning on an audience when they were going over the car in our parking lot. The back seats were literally like recliners, with individual DVD players set into the seatbacks. The sunroof was AMAZING.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/27/2004 12:34:12 PM diamondlil wrote:

LMAO! Sevens and MMM, you gave me a huge smile today.
9.gif
Thanks for that!

Well, I don't have pics, but we have a 2000 Lexus RX300, gold color (the mommy-ride), a 1997 Acura RL, silver color (the daddy-ride), and . . . (too embarrassed to say it) . . . a 1992 Plymouth Grand Voyager minivan
sick.gif
(was the mommy-ride before the RX).

Okay, so let me explain . . . please! We live in the country, and there is no garbage pick-up. We have to transport our own rubbish to the dump!!! Well, I certainly cannot be putting THAT in EITHER of our other vehicles, so we kept the van as our 'dump-truck.' Plus it seats 7 and comes in handy when the kids and their friends want to hit the beach. Sand in my RX is a no-no!!
nono.gif

DiamondLil

P.S. Vtigger, my FIL had a 1967 Chevy Impala Supersport in mint condition until a month ago. He purchased it when it was only 1 year old. In recent years, he took it to shows, but finally decided it was time to let it go. Talk about a sad day when the new owner arrived with a flat-bed and took it to add to his collection. It only had 35,000 original miles on it. My MIL just stood there crying in the driveway.
cry.gif

----------------

diamondlil
i know how your in-law feel my 70 Z28 only had 9,800 original miles on it.

Diamond Angel

Rough_Rock
omg...john quixote your porsche and mary alaina your vettes are to die for!!!

i have wanted a z4 but love that boxter and vette...thank you for this thread...yay!!!...i don't think i will post pics of my kia but she is a very nice and polite car.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
I currently have a 2002 BMW 330i, a 2000 Xterra, two mountain bikes, and a road bike.

Here's my first wish list car. A 1962 Ferrari GTO.

GTO.jpg

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my second wish list car. A right drive UK Land Rover Defender 110.

LR110.jpg

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
What is with cars & this diamond board! First the constant analogies. Now a thread.!
6.gif
cry.gif

wink2.gif
9.gif

I'm so not into cars.
2002 Ford Tauras Wagon
2000 Ford Tauras Wagon
1993 Plymoth Grand Voyager

...and our real prize.....

1988 Buick LaSabre we have fondly named "Blue Velvet" (in honor of the blue velvet interior). She has fuzzy dice around the rear mirror (purple no less) & a Wolfpack Booblehead in the back.

Oh, and my city ride. A Huffy Banana Seat bike named "Praire Princess".
9.gif
Must bring back memories to folks my age as when I ride it around, people honk w/ thumbs up.

I will one day own a Porche or a Vette. But, I must have got my desire out early in life. I had a 240Z & my brother had a Porche (911 I think). Both were forever in the shop.

I think our next car will probably be a Saturn Vue.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------

LMAO! . . (too embarrassed to say it) . . . a 1992 Plymouth Grand Voyager minivan
sick.gif

Okay, so let me explain . . . please! /cry.gif'>
----------------

You make excuses for it. I'm proud of mine!
9.gif
. I can't kill the darn thing. It's still reliable to haul around my stuff. Though it has it's very own self-contained eco-system.
6.gif
9.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Rachel - Nice Audi! You're right about the 'sleeper' sports car. Mom and Dad are Audi freaks. Also, the coldest A/C known to mankind I suspect.

Lady Q and Angel, thank you kindly. The finer things are worth the wait, but once you get hold of them I say LET 'ER RIP!
1.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
This is an interesting collection of responses.

I am intrigued by how many in this thread have 1 apiece; Speedster and SUV.

I wonder if there is a correlation between that combo of vehicles and a presence here: Fast and flashy, but pragmatic... Speedsters are fast and flashy (like diamonds), while an SUV is pragmatic (like coming to PS to learn about diamonds). See?
9.gif

Then there is Steve, his 101 car-mations and his MIG.

Using the above correlation Steve is either the ideal Renaissance man or wickedly schizophrenic!
naughty.gif

Of course, there is the distinct possibility that the Greek salad I had for lunch is causing me to WAY overanalyze. Feta will do that.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/27/2004 10:20:47 AM Feydakin wrote:

She couldn't believe how long it took to wash the vette the right way.. And then wax it..
----------------

NOoooooo! Don't tell me you WAX it! I was so fussy with my vette, I would only use
Zaino car products on it. It includes a show car polish that is easy to apply and looks SO glossy! I highly recommend it!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/27/2004 3
6.gif
6.gif
1 PM ep6585 wrote:

I currently have ... two mountain bikes, and a road bike.
----------------

Don't hold out on me, ep6585!! What kind of bikes?
9.gif
(I'm kind of obsessed...)

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 10/27/2004 4:51:55 PM fire&ice wrote:

----------------

LMAO! . . (too embarrassed to say it) . . . a 1992 Plymouth Grand Voyager minivan
sick.gif

Okay, so let me explain . . . please! /cry.gif'>
----------------

You make excuses for it. I'm proud of mine!
9.gif
. I can't kill the darn thing. It's still reliable to haul around my stuff. Though it has it's very own self-contained eco-system.
6.gif
9.gif

----------------

Too funny, F&I. You are right about not being able to kill it. Our van has been through it all and keeps on going. Can't beat it for hauling house/yard necessities. My husband says that if this one ever kicks the bucket, he will want another because it has been so handy.

eek.gif

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
A few more fun car pix, while we are it...

Here is when hubby and I were driving over to the coast (each in a vette) and got pulled over doing 87mph. I thought it would make a cool picture, so had hubby run out and snap it while the policeman was checking things out. We left without a ticket.
1.gif

caught.jpg

And this is what our "stable" consisted of a few years ago: hubby's brand new (then) 2000 S500, his project car, my vette, my ML. He works about 150 miles away, so he always likes a sedan to commute in, but the gas mileage in this thing was so bad. His 525i that he has now gets great mileage! I prefer having both an SUV and sportscar, though the 215hp of my SLK seems downright wimpy after the 350hp of my vette.
sad.gif

stable.jpg

And here is hubby dragracing the silver vert at Sacramento Raceway:

sacdrags14.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
JohnQ- dunno know about SUV owners being pragmatic! Maybe just tall? LOL...I'm almost 5'11" and a small flashy car + me = clown car

rfath

Shiny_Rock
NOoooooo! Don't tell me you WAX it! I was so fussy with my vette, I would only use

Zaino car products on it. It includes a show car polish that is easy to apply and looks SO glossy! I highly recommend it!----------------

Well, besides diamonds, cars, and horses, I'm also pretty anal about detailing... there're lots of professionals that use a fantastic carnuba wax as a topper for the extra *pop*. I clay, compound, polish, and wax my cars myself. Usually takes the entire weekend, I smell funky by the end, but the cars sparkle just as much as my diamond
2.gif
Nothing wrong with a good wax to deepen the color! Of course, you can choose a synthetic or a natural (carnuba base), or both... the synthetics layer well, but the natural adds depth.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I didn't mean to imply wax isn't good. Was just teasing, because all the vette owners I knew were DIE HARD Zaino freaks. I loved it because it was so easy to use and made my cars look so good.
1.gif

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
Lets see, this month, I have an 02 Lincoln Navigator, DH has an 04 Denali XL, both white. Our "trash taking" truck is a 1999 GMC Z-71, x-cab. It's black/pewter two tone.

Everyone we see just kinda takes inventory of our cars, as we've changed this year, me from a 99 Mercedes S320 to an 04 Acura MDX, to the Navigator (DH is 6'3, so the Acura was tooo small, the Mercedes was a GREAT car, as long as you didn't have to visit the dealership)... I got the Navigator off Ebay, it was $5k less than we would have paid here. I bought it from a dealership in Coral Gables, near Miami. DH started the year in an 02 Ford F150 FX4, which he had planned to make the "work truck" in a year or so, when he purchased the Denali... FIL had the GMC (which was our car, we sold it to him when we got the Ford)... anyway, they traded the Ford for the GMC, then DH got the Denali now.

We're also bad about adding aftermarket stuff - the Acura had everything the dealer could offer, the Navigator got a rear spoiler added, already had extra woodgrain in there. The Ford is the only Ford in the country
9.gif
with the Denali (platinum colored) woodgrain - we saw it and had to have it - ordered it from our customizing shop!

What I really want - as a mommy-moving-mobile, a Lexus GX 470 (their middle-sized SUV)... or the Lincoln Aviator. The Infiniti QX 56 is nice, but I think more of a truck ride than I like. I've also seen the Cadillac SRX with the AWESOME panoramic sunroof, but the 3rd row is toooo small in there. Aside from that, I love the Audi A8 - but there is no comparison to the Mercedes ride ! Another S class is on the list, too! DH wants a Corvette - once the boys start driving, we may go with something along those lines as "our" car. We used to want a convertible, but our friend left hers over here for a while (her now DH bought my Acura for her - replaced the Sebring)- anyway, I drove the Sebring on and off for a couple of weeks and decided we really don't want a convertible, after all. So that helped whittle the list down some!

My problem is, I'm a researching junkie!
read.gif
I can still quote height, length and MPG of probably 6 different SUV's we were thinking about when we ended up with the Acura! Then we still sold the darn thing 3 months after we bought it!!

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
We have:

BMW X5
Mercedes Benz C320

Getting:

New BMW X5 or Range Rover

Upgrading MB C320 to E320 4-matic

I really like the new MB SLK320 but we live in the northeast where snow falls are huge, not so practical, but may cave in to get just as a fun summer car.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
John, I think WF must be paying you too much.
2.gif

We're car people, but we don't like new car prices..
2.gif
Greg is actually a car nut, but old cars...his dad has a 5 car garage with various old rides that he restores himself. Greg's 56 Dodge Power Wagon is on it's way out to CA next week from MD. He's beside himself with excitement--has rented a warehouse space to store it because it doesn't fit in a regular garage.
rolleyes.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/27/2004 5:49:12 PM moremoremore wrote:

JohnQ- dunno know about SUV owners being pragmatic! Maybe just tall? LOL...I'm almost 5'11' and a small flashy car + me = clown car----------------

MMM - Wow. If we sparred at hoops you'd have the advantage. If you wore heels you might dunk on me... Beware though, I have some madd skills on 'd.'
2.gif

As to a nice speedy fit... Some of the aforementioned 'vettes look better to me when a tall girl emerges.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/27/2004 9:24:29 PM Mara wrote:

2.gif

----------------
Wells Fargo gives me only standard interest returns on my checking and savings accounts...Nothing more.

Whatever are you talking about, Mara?
saint.gif

(ahem) So... How 'bout those RED SOX??

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/27/2004 10:08:38 PM JohnQuixote wrote:

----------------

As to a nice speedy fit... Some of the aforementioned 'vettes look better to me when a tall girl emerges.----------------

1.gif
I'm 5'10" and didn't have any problem fitting in a vette, and often drove wearing 4" platform shoes!

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
JCJD - the bike I ride the most is my 1993 Specialized S-Works M2 Stumpjumper FS. It's the same bike the Specialized pro team used in the early 90's.

Diamond Angel

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 10/27/2004 10:17:11 PM JohnQuixote wrote:

----------------

On 10/27/2004 9:24:29 PM Mara wrote:

2.gif

----------------

Wells Fargo gives me only standard interest returns on my checking and savings accounts...Nothing more.

Whatever are you talking about, Mara?
saint.gif

(ahem) So... How 'bout those RED SOX??----------------

lol...good save!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
naughty.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

610x224_The_Cars_V12_Vanquish_S_V12_Vanquish_S.jpg

No fear of flying here!
My precious..........................

Sharon

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have a garage, but here's my current inventory.

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, 200hp V6, manual
2000 Canondale F400 hardtail mtn. bike

DREAM: These are what I would want to fill my future garage with...

2005 Harley Davidson Sportster (modest)
2005 Mazda RX8 (Suicide doors!)
2005 Porsche 911 Carerra Cabriolet
1972 Chevy El Camino
1985 Pontiac Firebird (black with gold and stock 8-track!)
1950s Linlcon Continental
1980s Jeep Grand Wagoneer (w/ wood paneling)
2005 Jeep Wrangler 4x4 extended
2005 Specialized S-Works Epic Disc mtn. bike

[EDIT to ADD]... not in my garage but I wouldn't mind a new Paul Reed Smith (PRS) flamed arch top and vintage 50's Les Paul standard, both w/o the trem.

I think that it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results