shape
carat
color
clarity

"Gentlemen, Start Your Engines." (ladies too!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Momoftwo, I hear ya about the college years! Our last son is in his final year!!! Yeah for him...and us!
appl.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/26/2004 9:10:49 PM strmrdr wrote:

95 intrepid out on the street,,,

dream car?
only 3...
Hemi cuda
440 challenger.
Open tube frame dune buggy with a Porsche engine set
up for the road/track not the dunes.
and yea a viper wouldnt be bad either...

Real world next car...
Dont really matter what it is as long as it gets me
from point A to point B every day.----------------

strmrdr
yeah,how about a 70 Hemi Cuda convertible or a 440 6 pack,must be all original.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 10/26/2004 5:50:02 PM JohnQuixote wrote:

Q… You are quite welcome. Thank you for sharing. Love the photos.

(sentimental sigh) The Mazda RX7 was the first body type I fell for not attached to a girl at my high school. The lines of that car remind me of the best qualities of classic roadsters. Thusly, I found the niche to scratch my itch with Porsche. Like a determined fish swimming upstream, I am angling towards the eventual Carrera myself (circa 2006).

And wow. My eyebrow is raised in Spock-esque fashion (nerd alert) at your new hobby. I have nothing of substance to offer, as I am sans-clue (what is this “Ay-ree-oh-plane” you speak of?
1.gif
)… However, the luscious Luscombe looks tempting to my virgin aircraft eyes.

Now how ‘bout serving up a photo of the 'Yama-Zuki twins'?
----------------

OK, I'll work on that for ya

2.gif
. Maybe tomorrow, I'll be riding the Yama to work. I must confess, nothing like riding my motorcycle to the hangar before flying, and ducking it out under the wing when the bird is put away for the day...

Ahhhhh... the things that make my heart go pitter patter!

As for you, gracious knight, that is one sexy mobile you drive, and beautiful house too!
1.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Steve... A Mig??? Leapin' lizards. You win the prize for making me gawk TWICE today. I suppose you could pacify your wife by telling her she'll be well protected!

(Sign in Steve's yard... "Trespassers will be STRAFED")

Between you, Q and Libster we'll soon have a PriceScope Air Force.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Headlight: Another Carrera fan, eh? You and Q and I should get the group discount!

Momoftwo: Your priorities are in order. One day when you get that Beemer for yourself, don't hold back... Let those wonderful, successful, GRADUATED kids put the BEST sound system possible in it!
2.gif

Vtigger and Strmrdr: Plymouth Hemi Cuda huh? Package full o' muscle. Never have been in it, but have slavered over one from afar.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/26/2004 9:19:09 PM vtigger86 wrote:

i love classic muscle cars from the 60's to early 70's. i had a couple of these '70 camaro RS Z28. talk about horse power, it came with a 350 CID and 360 HP engine. even the exhaust smells different with those high octane gas. the green one is an automatic with 58k miles. the copper color one is a 4 speed. it has 9,800 original miles on it. it's been on a couple magazine articles. i sold it too cheap to a gentlemen from new york who flew in to california for a couple hours just to see the car and he bought it on the spot. ----------------

Fun thread!

Vtigger, you are a man after my DH's own heart. He was a camaro lover, still loves chevys of all kinds, but really, just LOVES cars in general. In our not-so-recent past we had a 70 Chevy truck, long bed which he restored then eventually sold, and a '51 Chevy truck, but we bought that one pre-restored so we didn't do any of the work. Both were pretty and very fun to own, but they were not practical vehicles for a family with 3 kids and they had to go.
cry.gif
And he is a Nascar Nut too. Now that the construction is nearly over, my quest is to take in a Nascar race for our upcoming family vacation.

We have mommy cars (kids shuttle cars):
'98 Toyota Sienna minivan
'96 Toyota 4Runner
'03 Ford van (DH's company work vehicle)

My dream car:
A Landcruiser or full size Lexus SUV or Lexus EX300 Sedan (for after the kids leave--long time from now). Don't know why I've taken a liking to the bigger cars. I think it's because I'm tired of being squished in the 4Runner, and I like driving it because I feel high in it. I'm only 4'11" so I can see more driving the truck. And I feel rugged, especially driving around in it wearing my diamond ring.
9.gif
My DH says it's too big for me since I'm not that good reversing
cry.gif
6.gif
but I keep telling him that at least I'll be safe in it since I do OK going forward.
9.gif
3.gif
I test drove a 2000 Landcruiser just for fun and really liked it!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/26/2004 9:42:03 PM vtigger86 wrote:

----------------

On 10/26/2004 9:10:49 PM strmrdr wrote:

95 intrepid out on the street,,,

dream car?

only 3...

Hemi cuda

440 challenger.

Open tube frame dune buggy with a Porsche engine set

up for the road/track not the dunes.

and yea a viper wouldnt be bad either...

Real world next car...

Dont really matter what it is as long as it gets me

from point A to point B every day.----------------

strmrdr

yeah,how about a 70 Hemi Cuda convertible or a 440 6 pack,must be all original.----------------

That would work :}

Iv driven a 69 cuda with a hemi in it before the prices on them went thru the roof.
Talk about power that thing was awesome!
It wasnt an orginal hemi-car but someone offered him an insane amount of money for it during the muscle car craze and he sold it :{

headlight

Ideal_Rock
MaryAlaina--

I was waiting for you to post pics of all your "toys"!

Your cars are in such pristine condition!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/27/2004 1:38:27 AM headlight wrote:

MaryAlaina--

I was waiting for you to post pics of all your 'toys'!

Your cars are in such pristine condition!

----------------

You have no idea! I was so obsessed with the vettes, NO ONE cleaned those babies but hubby or I, and it was usually ME! With the cleaning, the club, the cruises and more....it was a complete lifestyle. I loved it while I was in it though. My top speed was 138mph, and I never got a ticket in it, even though I was pulled over while going 87 once. :D Both vettes had modded exhausts and other goodies. The coupe had an exotic sounding Bassini exhaust, pushing the hp over 350. The convertible had a Borla Stinger exhaust.....very mean! lol You have no idea how many pictures of these cars (and me with them!) I have! I was SOOOO in love!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sitting here dreaming that i could of bought these muscle cars for $2500-$4000 ea. when i was in high school in the mid 70's. the unbelievable price they would bring at the Barret Jackson auctions these days ,of course that was a lot of money for use cars back then. and plus where would a teenager get that kind of money.the 70's were fun times best songs,bowling alleys,pool halls,drive inn movies.
rolleyes.gif

70 Chevelle SS LS-6 454 cid
69 Camaro RS/Z28 with 4 wheel disc brake option
69 RS Camaro with ZL-1 all aluminum 427 cid engine option
69-70 Hemi Cuda or 440 6 Packs
69-70 GTO Judge
73-74 Trans Am 455 Super Duty with 4 Speed.
Any chevy Yenko super cars.
Any Big block convertible muscle cars with alot of HP.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/26/2004 8:24:43 PM finerthings wrote:

Boy, I wish my hubby liked this site, because he would love to talk about cars...not diamonds (we're done on that topic!)...anyhow here's his other love of his life in the garage his 2002 Mercedes S-55 AMG, his 'other' car is a 2004 Range Rover for winter driving, and mine currently is 2004 Mercedes E-500 4-matic. We both really have a weakness for wheels, and fine wine too! (Well, ok diamonds are my weakness
2.gif
)----------------

finerthings
can i have the S-55 for my birthday in dec ? please...i'll be a good boy
lickout.gif

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Here's two for you.
My buddy's '68 Dodge Coronet, and my '69 Caddy Converible. Both have since found new homes but these were fun cars

MVC-723F.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beamer family here:
2000 323i with everything it can possibly come with
2001 X5 SUV loaded to the max

Hubby wants to get rid of my 3 series for the new 5 series but I love my little cutie too much right now.

Dream car? Not too sure. Too many to choose from.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Love this thread, it's sooo much fun
9.gif

Calling all Mercedes lovers, I have a question.

What do you think of the new 2005 SLK350? I don't even know if it's in the showroom yet, but ripped a pic of it out of a magazine and showed it to hubby.....he thinks I'm nuts!!! He bought me the M Roadster after having to trade our earlier 2.8 Z3 because I am the horsepower nut in the house. I just had to have my own batmobile
3.gif
and with 311 horses it is quite the ride. I promised I was happy, I had the car I'd always dreamed of...even though it wasn't an 911
11.gif

So why am I'm being seduced by this Mercedes??!!!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/27/2004 9:23:51 AM Libster wrote:

Calling all Mercedes lovers, I have a question.

What do you think of the new 2005 SLK350?
!----------------

Oh my gosh....I LOVE IT! I first saw a few in Rome this June, but got a better look at the first one my dealer had a month or so ago. Looks a lot more like the SL (which is a good thing to me), but still has that sportier look. If my SLK wasn't just 2 years old, I'm probably get one!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here is hubby's dream ride:

download_7series_sedan_04.jpg

and this is my dream vehicle:

ext_gallery02.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
This is pretty much the look of my current transportation:
naughty.gif

72wagon.jpg

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Sevens...LMAO That's what my car is going to look like if I don't start washing it!!! Thanks for reminding me that they need to be washed...Steve
1.gif
My husband just looks at my car and shakes his head. I tell him the layer of dirt is protecting the finish.

Mary Alaina, 2 years....that's old enough to NEED that new SLK...
naughty.gif
I think I may need to make a trip to the dealership to at least just sit in it
12.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Sevens one -- hubby's dream ride is the BMW745?

My DH just got that about a month ago. He traded in his 2001 740il for the '04 745li and it is a HUGE upgrade. He didn't think it would be that big a deal, but the two verisons of that car don't even compare. The 745 is really in a whole other class.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Headlight, oh yeah- hubby has visions dancing in his head.

What color is your 745? It must be an absolute dream to drive.

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Currently stabled: 2003 Mini Cooper S - modded with different supercharger, suspension, cold air intake (fiance and I share it for the track, though it's MY baby... 8 months of waiting for it to be born). 2001 Audi S4 avant. The sleeper sports car. Heavily modified, about 310hp now, waiting for the turbos to go so we can REALLY mod it.

Dream? For road and track - the new Lotus Elise. For track only, a Caterham with my choice of engine and suspension (an open-wheeled roadster).

LOVE porsches and may end up with one instead - a boxster or an old 930. *drool*
MiniBum.jpg

s4_at_track_small.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
One word for you. MAYBACH.
Although I think it is a mortal sin $ (upwards of $350,000)

Maybach.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
My husband and his sweet ride

Goatman.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
LMAO- MMM

I forgot about the Maybach- now that's hubby's far-fetched dream.

Wow with hubby's ride you can get from point a to b and say "Got Milk?"

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
But it gives off noxious fumes. Ruuusstttyy. Ruuussttyy!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

"We can't breath back here!"

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
For all you city gals in the haawwwsse.

subway.jpg

headlight

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 10/27/2004 11:20:42 AM sevens one wrote:

Headlight, oh yeah- hubby has visions dancing in his head.

What color is your 745? It must be an absolute dream to drive.

----------------
It is a metalic charcoal gray -- don't know the name, but there are two options and don't know which one he has. He had the light metalic silver for his 740 so he went darker without going to full black this time. I would assume it is a dream to drive -- I haven't ventured out in it yet myself... I prefer to wait until the first scratch before I get behind the wheel!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
LMAO! Sevens and MMM, you gave me a huge smile today.
9.gif
Thanks for that!

Well, I don't have pics, but we have a 2000 Lexus RX300, gold color (the mommy-ride), a 1997 Acura RL, silver color (the daddy-ride), and . . . (too embarrassed to say it) . . . a 1992 Plymouth Grand Voyager minivan
sick.gif
(was the mommy-ride before the RX).

Okay, so let me explain . . . please! We live in the country, and there is no garbage pick-up. We have to transport our own rubbish to the dump!!! Well, I certainly cannot be putting THAT in EITHER of our other vehicles, so we kept the van as our "dump-truck." Plus it seats 7 and comes in handy when the kids and their friends want to hit the beach. Sand in my RX is a no-no!!
nono.gif

DiamondLil

P.S. Vtigger, my FIL had a 1967 Chevy Impala Supersport in mint condition until a month ago. He purchased it when it was only 1 year old. In recent years, he took it to shows, but finally decided it was time to let it go. Talk about a sad day when the new owner arrived with a flat-bed and took it to add to his collection. It only had 35,000 original miles on it. My MIL just stood there crying in the driveway.
cry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results