shape
carat
color
clarity

Gemscoop is posted!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 7:09:52 PM
Author: misspinky
I do think we'll be getting some pretties around the same time. And FI is constantly trying to convince me to take a trip to Canada (he's been there several times)--which part do you live in?
I am in Southern Ontario between Niagara Falls and Toronto.......
LS

ETA: I think they need to start a new section called RIW - "Rings In Waiting" for all of going a little bit nuts waiting for the package!

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Well I'll definitely let you know if we ever make it up there--I'd kill to see that sapphire in person!
30.gif

ETA: and I agree with the Rings In Waiting thread; I keep willing time to go by faster

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
I''m sitting here thinking: "hey, maybe the WF CAD guy wants to work late tonight and finish my CADs..."

yeah right. I''m just going to have to be patient until next week.

The pears and rounds are there along with the sapphire...just waiting...waiting for a little "structural support".

17.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
HOLEEEEE MOLEEEEE!

I''m bored, so I just checked my paperwork from WF....they show a tentative "shipping date" of August 12th!!

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

LS

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
I gotta go get some ice cream or something.

This is making me crazy! Such FUN though!

When I got my original e-ring (that would be, DUH, the "lost" one...), we had been hunting for a diamond, which I didn't really "suit" me.

So I told my then FF to forget it....then, one day we were walking in the mall (yeah, I KNOW). I saw a sapphire cluster in the window of the jewelry store. I said "THAT'S what I want!!) and he walked in and bought it on the spot. No resizing necessary.

So we didn't have this big anticipatory buildup to the ring. So I guess the gods are making me pay for that...22 years later...

LS

Foo37.jpg

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe, but I console myself by thinking of how worth the wait it''s going to be. I''m so glad that you found such a great sapphire to replace your lost e-ring

icekid

Ideal_Rock
LS, I didn''t realize you were continuing to update this thread with your ring progress! I can''t wait to see your CADs... I am living vicariously big time on this ring
36.gif

Also, I grew up in Buffalo with two younger serious hockey-playing brothers, so I think I spent half of my younger years driving around Southern Ontario. And heck, later Northern Ontario when my brother was playing waaaaaay up North. Hubby and I really wanted to get away to Niagara-on-the-Lake for a few days this summer before I started my residency, but he was too busy to get time off of work. I''m hoping for next summer though. Do you vacation there at all?

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 8:15:36 PM
Author: icekid
LS, I didn''t realize you were continuing to update this thread with your ring progress! I can''t wait to see your CADs... I am living vicariously big time on this ring
36.gif

Also, I grew up in Buffalo with two younger serious hockey-playing brothers, so I think I spent half of my younger years driving around Southern Ontario. And heck, later Northern Ontario when my brother was playing waaaaaay up North. Hubby and I really wanted to get away to Niagara-on-the-Lake for a few days this summer before I started my residency, but he was too busy to get time off of work. I''m hoping for next summer though. Do you vacation there at all?
Hey IceKid

Niagara-on-the-lake is about 40 minutes away from home. It is lovely.

We also travel really far north (like, 3 hours NORTH of North Bay) to relatives every summer. Talk about culture shock! I''m sure you know what I mean, having been a ''rink rat'' yourself.

Thank you for looking at the thread. Once I get cads I might start a new one, might not. I seem to always be breaking the rules around here and getting kicked out so I''m trying to stay out of trouble this week!
emwink.gif

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 8:13:05 PM
Maybe, but I console myself by thinking of how worth the wait it''s going to be. I''m so glad that you found such a great sapphire to replace your lost e-ring
You are absolutely right. But it''s gonna take a lot of ice cream to get through the next 3 weeks.
6.gif

LS

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Not too much ice cream, LS. Then the ring won''t fit!
6.gif

I can''t wait to see this ring. Please post the CADs once you get them!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 8:24:42 PM
Author: LostSapphire

We also travel really far north (like, 3 hours NORTH of North Bay) to relatives every summer. Talk about culture shock! I''m sure you know what I mean, having been a ''rink rat'' yourself.
LS, 3 hours north of North Bay sounds like the exact area where my brother played for two years! We went up once in January to see him play, and HOLY CRAP... people think Buffalo is cold?!?! It was insane... the snow was piled up as high as the top of the truck. And having to plug the cars in so the battery works. Crazy. I don''t think many people live much more north than that.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2008 8:12:08 AM
Author: icekid

Date: 7/25/2008 8:24:42 PM
Author: LostSapphire

LS, 3 hours north of North Bay sounds like the exact area where my brother played for two years! We went up once in January to see him play, and HOLY CRAP... people think Buffalo is cold?!?! It was insane... the snow was piled up as high as the top of the truck. And having to plug the cars in so the battery works. Crazy. I don''t think many people live much more north than that.

Kirkland Lake....Temagami....New Liskeard.....Matheson.....Cobalt....Temiskaming.....Timmins......Sudbury

sound familiar!

No kidding about cold. I wont'' go there between October and June: need winter clothes still at that time of year!

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 10:45:03 PM
Author: princesss
Not too much ice cream, LS. Then the ring won''t fit!
6.gif

I can''t wait to see this ring. Please post the CADs once you get them!
Thank you for reeling me back it. You''re absolutely right. I''ll *try* and behave but dagnabbit it''s HARD to wait!

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
UPDATE:

WF and I are working on the size of the RB's and pears. The first photo they sent showed .08's rounds and .15 pears. (the round sapphire will have 8 x rounds and 2x pear side stones similar to the LM ruby cluster below)

The pears were too small, IMO. So they've ordered in some 4x6mm (approx .30pts). I should have pics tomorrow of them together with the sapphire....

Once we've confirmed the pear sizes the CAD dwg will be done. (yay)

LS

Leon Mege "inspiration" pic below....just imagine this with the Jeff White sapphire! YUMMMMMM

Foo42.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Yum would be an understatement!!!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
I wish I could photoshop.....where''s Revolution Jeff when I need him??

LS

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
ask and ye shall receive (don''t make fun of my rudimentary Photoshop skills)

lsphotoshop1.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 11:00:13 PM
ask and ye shall receive (don't make fun of my rudimentary Photoshop skills)

holeeee moleeeeee!!!!!

THANKS!!!!! What a sweetheart!

LS

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG.. that is gorgeous.... and I think your photoshop skills are great! LS... if that doesn''t make you want your ring sooner............ I think it is time for more ice cream. In fact, I will grab a bowl for myself!
3.gif
I can''t wait to see both of your projects LS and MP

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two words: YUM. O.
23.gif
30.gif
18.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
That is going to be AMAZING!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY said with hand to forehead, I feel faint! That is going to be a show stopper!!!!!!!!
6.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 10:18:00 AM
Author: Catmom
OH MY said with hand to forehead, I feel faint! That is going to be a show stopper!!!!!!!!
6.gif

yeah, I''m SWOOOOOOOOONING!

Thanks again for the photoshopping, MissPinky

LS

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
No problem ;-)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ahhhh I love that blue SO MUCH! It''s going to be such an amazing ring, LS. I am so impatient for you
9.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone, for helping me endure the wait!

We finally have the pears sorted out (2 x .30pts) and the rounds are good.

CAD dwg should be here on Monday so bear with me as I keep myself busy until then................

LS

Kneeling08

Rough_Rock
Wow! I''m excited for ya LS! The arrows look amazing :)
36.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2008 5:16:14 PM
Author: Kneeling08
Wow! I''m excited for ya LS! The arrows look amazing :)
36.gif

Hey Kneeling08!

I was thinking about you this week: how is your sweetie enjoying her ring?

I''m glad we both ended up with the sapphire that dreams are made of. How goes the wedding planning?

(any more handshots to share??) Would LOVE to see them.

LS

p.s. yes, those arrows blow me away every time I see them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results