shape
carat
color
clarity

Gemscoop is posted!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on finding your dream sapphire!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Harriet. I appreciate your steering me towards M. Khordipour way back when. It got me started.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome! I''m glad you went with Jeff though.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 6:40:28 PM
Author: Harriet
You''re welcome! I''m glad you went with Jeff though.
Me too. We speak the same "language". That''s why I am so positive this stone''s colour and quality are perfect....

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
LS, congrats! It is a STUNNING stone! I cannot wait to see it set.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Tacori!

I have just sent out photos, details and requests for quotes. So exciting!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
YAY he''s marked it "SOLD"!!!!

YIPPEEEE

I''m going to tape my coloured CAD drawing to my finger and walk around the house for a while.
9.gif
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 8:39:54 PM
Author: LostSapphire
YAY he''s marked it ''SOLD''!!!!

YIPPEEEE

I''m going to tape my coloured CAD drawing to my finger and walk around the house for a while.
9.gif
9.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo thrilled for you, LS. That sapphire is beyond amazing, and I know you''ll never look back once you have that beauty on your hand. I understand your reluctance to work with Leon, unfortunately. It seems Maytal may be an awesome alternative though! I can''t wait to see the final result!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gotta say, LS, I am loving your new avatar! What an amazing BLUE! Really catches the eye, and makes me feel happy for you whenever I see one of your posts...

trampo.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
LS, you''re the first person I thought of when I saw that lovely sapphire yesterday. I''m SO glad you ended up with it!

I can''t wait to watch the design process happen for you!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Icekid, Flygirl and LaurenThePartier!

The colour of this stone has haunted me since Jeff sent it to me last month. It could have been a rhomboid, parallelagram, or something weird and I''d still be loving it.

But the best part of this, is that because it took quite a while to find the right stone, it allowed me to work through the design process and come to a realization that I needed to open my eyes to an alternative to the classic "Princess Diana Oval Cluster".

And once I got my head around that, all Jeff had to say was ''Show me the Money!"
22.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congrats LS that will definitely be a stunner

just let you know Leon is on holidays for the next 2 weeks.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
The colour of that stone is just heavenly!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Congratulations on finding ''the one''!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Can''t wait to see the finished product!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Hey LS, I just wanted to say your new stone is beautiful!!! We''ll be expecting lots of photos :)

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Oh

my

goodness . . .

That one is truly special.

Big, blue sparkly congrats on your new stunner.
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LS, I''m so happy you finally found your stone and it''s absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! Such a yummy color. I can''t wait to see the final creation.
36.gif
36.gif

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, LS! You have purchased a knockout stone!

I have a confession -- I actually saw your stone in person before Jeff recut it. I work in Jeff''s town, and he had that sapphire with him when I met up with him to get my asscher cut spinel. I think it had just come to him in the mail that day, but I''m not 100 percent sure.

Anyway, that stone is amazing. It was beautiful before he cut it, and I can imagine that it is through the roof stunning now. The color.... To me, that is just how a blue sapphire should be.

I am so happy that it''s yours and I cannot wait to see how you set it.

Have you ever heard of j.albrecht? They have some amazingly gorgeous settings and, in my opinion, very reasonable prices. Their website is http://www.jalbrechtfinejewelry.com. I''m working with them on something now (totally via email) and I am really enjoying the process.

Congrats again on getting an amazing stone! You deserve it -- I know how long you''ve been waiting!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 8:34:33 PM
Author: stacy
Congrats, LS! You have purchased a knockout stone!

I have a confession -- I actually saw your stone in person before Jeff recut it. I work in Jeff''s town, and he had that sapphire with him when I met up with him to get my asscher cut spinel. I think it had just come to him in the mail that day, but I''m not 100 percent sure.

Anyway, that stone is amazing. It was beautiful before he cut it, and I can imagine that it is through the roof stunning now. The color.... To me, that is just how a blue sapphire should be.

I am so happy that it''s yours and I cannot wait to see how you set it.

Have you ever heard of j.albrecht? They have some amazingly gorgeous settings and, in my opinion, very reasonable prices. Their website is http://www.jalbrechtfinejewelry.com. I''m working with them on something now (totally via email) and I am really enjoying the process.

Congrats again on getting an amazing stone! You deserve it -- I know how long you''ve been waiting!

GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can''t believe this! You''ve been holding out on us all this time??

I think the PriceScope Posse needs to roundup and whup you with a wet noodle!

Whoa thank you so much for the vote of confidence in this stone: I will be setting it without actually seeing it in person. I''ve trusted Jeff''s opinion on this one implicitly. But Kneeling08 has seen it, and now you tell me this, so I feel REALLY good about it.

I just opened the j. albrecht website. Incredible stuff...I''m gonna go and play over there for a bit!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
WOO HOOO!!!!

Jeff has put my sapphire on the ''bus'' for Texas (WF Country).

Lesley promises to take really good care of it. Sheera is watching out for the parcel, and Bob the Benchman is going to play with combinations of melee/pears and photograph them for me.

YAY! We''re getting started.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH BOY LS, Can''t wait to see the design you and WF will come up with. How exciting for you.
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 6:51:46 PM
WOO HOOO!!!!

Lesley promises to take really good care of it. Sheera is watching out for the parcel, and Bob the Benchman is going to play with combinations of melee/pears and photograph them for me.

cheerleader1.gif
1237380ar500lxyn4.gif
trampo.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 6:56:15 PM
Author: Fly Girl

Date: 7/3/2008 6:51:46 PM
WOO HOOO!!!!

cheerleader1.gif
1237380ar500lxyn4.gif
trampo.gif

I am leaving tomorrow morning for holidays until next weekend. There is NO INTERNET in the area. So I will be experiencing MAJOR withdrawal symptoms. AAAGGGGHHHHHHH!

To alleviate this problem Bob the Benchman is going to play with the stones and send me a whack of photos of different combinations. They will be waiting for me when I get home next Friday night.....

"Honeeeee.....can we wind up the vacation early?? I gotta get home to check my e-mail!"
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, LS, I just got home the day you are leaving! But I am excited to see that you bought that beautiful round! I was tempted, too, because it is soooo beautiful, but I know myself and decided I should wait for exactly what I want (if it ever appears)! So this one was just meant for YOU! I''ll be excited to see the setting process.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh LS I''m SO glad you got that amazing freaking sapphire. I clicked on it, saw it was sold and quickly ran over here knowing it was a PSer who bought it. YAY... CONGRATS!

I wanted to comment that Ocean did actually send me a CAD at one point, but it was later in the process and the start of the process was done with sketches.

If I was planning on going custom again I''d go with 23rd Street Jewelers in Los Angeles, CA. They would be my choice... but I don''t think I''d do custom again with seeing and talking to the designer face to face. It''s a stressful process. I would go with any of the designers mentioned if the process didn''t involve DESIGN... if it was just a matter of picking a design they had done before and executed well. But for actual design. In person.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
That is one gorgeous sapphire! I can''t wait to see it on your finger! Congrats!!
36.gif
36.gif

stacy

Shiny_Rock
LS -- So sorry for holding out on you! I just assumed that the blue sapphire was already spoken for when I saw it, so I didn''t mention it here.

I really wanted to revive this thread in the hopes that you may have more pics or CADs to share...
27.gif
I totally understand if you''d rather wait to post though!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG
emlove.gif
Totally and utterly gorgeous! The colour is just out of this world!

I can''t wait to see the finished ring.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2008 5:05:36 PM
Author: stacy
LS -- So sorry for holding out on you! I just assumed that the blue sapphire was already spoken for when I saw it, so I didn't mention it here.

I really wanted to revive this thread in the hopes that you may have more pics or CADs to share...
27.gif
I totally understand if you'd rather wait to post though!
THE SAPPHIRE IS IN THE BUILDING!! (WhiteFlash that is....)
3.gif

They are playing around with the sizing of the cluster / pear sidestones.

Here's a pic from Houston....I'll wait to post the preliminary design layouts once we confirm diamond sizes....

YIPPEEE this is fun. Thank you all for being so supportive. I am thrilled with the process of this ring, and can hardly wait to have some Blue Bling on my ring finger once again!

(DH is even getting interested! Who'da thought?!)
2.gif

ETA: WHOAAAAAAA I just saw arrows!

Foo23.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing, amazing sapphire, LS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results