shape
carat
color
clarity

Gemscoop is posted!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 11:05:25 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Ok. Well don''t jump on anything just because other people might grab it. Think about it for a bit first.

What''s Jeff''s return policy anyway?
Ever since I saw the Leon I loved how the pears/traps changed the overal shape of the design. I can only really do that with a very FAT oval, cushion, or, a round. So that''s been my dilemma: it''s forced me to rethink the original replacement ER (which has been a very productive process for me, and I''m really happy to see the Leon cluster/halo.

We''ll leave it to the Gods at this point....

Here is his return policy:
My main concern is ensuring that each customer is happy with his or her order. Therefore, I provide my customers with a one-week inspection period following every gemstone purchase. If, during that time, you decide that your stone is just not what you were expecting, simply return it to us for a refund. It is that simple. Once we receive the stone, your money will be refunded immediately (provided that the stone is not damaged in any way). Stones that have been damaged or altered may not be returned.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 11:30:09 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 6/30/2008 7:02:27 PM
Author:LostSapphire
PLEASE PLEASE SOMEBODY SCOOP UP THAT ROUND SAPPHIRE BEFORE I CAVE IN AND TELL JEFF I''LL TAKE THAT INSTEAD OF HOLDING OUT FOR A FAT OVAL OR A CUSHION!

WHAT A COLOUR!!
I saw it. Its fabulous and its a marvelous price.. holy crap.
6.gif

So I drafted up the ring to scale on CAD. It looks stunning. I was not expecting to like the shape of the round, and that''s why I''ve been holding back.

This stone has been talking to me for a month since I first saw it.

Funny, this process has forced my design thought process to change and evolve. And I am a bit happy for that because I''m looking at something that is kind of similar to my original, but different enough to feel "modern".

..so we''ll see how it turns out.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
The blue spinels are gone
7.gif
which were my other faves damn shame though, a beautiful pair of dangly earrings they would have made for me :D.

LS That sapphire colour is divine if you think that it would make you happy and you would not regret the shape I say go for it.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 9:41:20 AM
Author: Deelight

LS That sapphire colour is divine if you think that it would make you happy and you would not regret the shape I say go for it.

pssssst: I''m going for it! Just waiting for confirmation from JW!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 10:01:43 AM
Author: LostSapphire

YAY that will be one stunning ring :D

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock

Oh wow! I think it would be fab in that Leon, a tribute to your original ring without being a copy. It''s worth ''interviewing'' the stone so that you know, right?

And d@mn, if I had a spare $800 those blue spinels would have been mine
39.gif
! What a color! All they need is sharp little prongs to hold them in my ears! But debt is bad
38.gif
. Very bad.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yippee LS!!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY LS, I am glad you are going for it. I can''t wait to see that beauty set. Are you going to have Leon do it????

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yay, it is sooo beautiful, I kept looking at it yesterday!!!! Gorgeous!
36.gif
36.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

Did you go for it????? I love that stone! It was a little out of budget for me, but I think it is so beautiful.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
AND WHAT WAS LOST HAS NOW BEEN FOUND!!!

YIPPEEEEE

p.s. this is Jeff's hand, not mine!

foo19.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 4:00:56 PM

YIPPEEEEE

p.s. this is Jeff''s hand, not mine!
HooRay!!!
36.gif

That is a beautiful stone, LS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Give it a whirl. Colored stones are all about the COLOR!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
That stone is a gorgeous color! I''m so happy you are getting it LS!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That stone is gorgeous!!!!!!! The color is to die for.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 4:15:33 PM
Author: Fly Girl

YIPPEEEEE

HooRay!!!
36.gif

That is a beautiful stone, LS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Give it a whirl. Colored stones are all about the COLOR!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Funny. Once I figured out the design on CAD, I was won over. All this time I was stuck on "oval" mode and couldn''t get past the idea that the new ring had to "match" the old with a few tweaks.

Reconsidering this round has forced me to rethink my options and I am so glad I did!!!

The colour is amazing. And yes, you''re right, it''s ALL ABOUT THE COLOUR!!!

That has been Jeff''s point all along: it is rare for him to get one of this size, quality and colour.

yay

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 11:05:19 AM
Author: mercoledi

And d@mn, if I had a spare $800 those blue spinels would have been mine
39.gif
! What a color! All they need is sharp little prongs to hold them in my ears! But debt is bad
38.gif
. Very bad.
OH YEAH they are absolutely amazing!

I almost gave in then remembered I need the $800 for some diamond melee of my own!!

I wonder who got them? They should show up soon. A few other things as well.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
All I can say is, WOW!!!! I fall on the floor alot because of all the great stones here but this time I laid there for a few minutes.
emteeth.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous unheated blue sapphire. Definitely no regrets on that purchase I''m sure.
30.gif

As for the blue spinels, it was originally cut for me. The cut is fantastic but the spinels just darkened after the recutting process and had too much of a gray cast for me, so I returned them. Jeff was very honest and agreed with me, and so refunded my purchase without any problems. My plan was to make dangle earrings out of them, I hope their new owners will love them more tha I do.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 4:38:05 PM
Author: Chrono
Gorgeous unheated blue sapphire. Definitely no regrets on that purchase I'm sure.
30.gif

As for the blue spinels, it was originally cut for me. The cut is fantastic but the spinels just darkened after the recutting process and had too much of a gray cast for me, so I returned them. Jeff was very honest and agreed with me, and so refunded my purchase without any problems. My plan was to make dangle earrings out of them, I hope their new owners will love them more tha I do.
Hey Chrono. Is it my imagination, or is one of the spinels a slightly darker stone than the other? On my monitor, the one on the left seems darker than the one on the right.

I *think* (am not 100% positive) that the round sapphire was the one mentioned in Kneeling08's thread where he searches for the sapphire for his FI. He had JW bring in a native cut, untreated round (it was 2.5 or a bit higher ctw), but ended up with a gorgeous treated stone from a local jeweler. The one he ended up with is beautiful.

Funny, I feel like when something is recut, it makes it *new* again, and yes, I am happy to love it more than Kneeling08 did.

On Kneeling08's thread he posted pics of the stone (while still in its native cut form). EVEN then it was amazing. Jeff offered it to me back in May, and it's been "talking to me" ever since.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 4:37:50 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
All I can say is, WOW!!!! I fall on the floor alot because of all the great stones here but this time I laid there for a few minutes.
emteeth.gif
Thank you EM1. That is so very kind of you to stay down there on the floor for a while just for me!!!
9.gif

I am almost beside myself with joy that once again I''ll have a bit of *blue* on my ER finger.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, one spinel is very slightly darker in tone than the other blue spinel.

Also, I agree with your guess on the sapphire. I think it''s the native recut that Kneeling passed on. It''s amazing what Jeff can do to bring out the best in a gemstone.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
YAY LS!!! Woo hoo! Do you get to play with it next, or does it go straight to Leon? Does Leon even know he's been drafted?

cheerleader1.gif
1237380ar500lxyn4.gif
manybounce.gif
1237380ar500lxyn4.gif
cheerleader1.gif

Happy day!

Date: 7/1/2008 4:38:05 PM
Author: Chrono
As for the blue spinels, it was originally cut for me. The cut is fantastic but the spinels just darkened after the recutting process and had too much of a gray cast for me, so I returned them.
Chrono- I really like the grey cast; I hope you find the right dangly stones soon!

::sigh:: Someday I'll have an expendable income. Then I'll finally get my Richard Homer topaz, my sapphire asscher band, and start my bracelet project.
27.gif
Oh yes, someday!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 4:59:24 PM
YAY LS!!! Woo hoo! Do you get to play with it next, or does it go straight to Leon? Does Leon even know he's been drafted?

cheerleader1.gif
1237380ar500lxyn4.gif
manybounce.gif
1237380ar500lxyn4.gif
cheerleader1.gif

Happy day!
Jeff White will babysit it for now. Once I have decided who is making the ring, he'll ship it directly there. I am in Canada, and see no point in having JW ship it to me, go through customs, then ME ship it back to the US for fabrication. I trust Jeff's eye implicitely and we've have had many discussions about the specific colour I'm looking for. So in spite of my wanting to play with it for a while, I'd rather he just hold it and then ship it out directly.

I don't know that I'm going to have Leon do the ring. The one on his site that I love will be similar to what I'll end up with (his ruby cluster is a 3.5-something oval/cushion). This ring will involve some tweaking and changes in the design. I'm drafting my own CADs for now until I kind of nail the size of the melee and pears/trillions (what are they anyways? Kites?)

So I've decided to contact Leon again (I tried a while back to get him to quote the ruby ring without the centre stone but didn't have much luck on the communication front). I've also been in touch with Lesley @ WF, and I might consider Maytal Hannah. I'm not 100% comfortable with Mr. Mege, frankly. Especially because the ring-making process will all be done via e-mail and phone.

Do any of you have other suggestions? I'm not totally determined that this be a Leon, as I may not go with Platinum...that's up in the air. So if I go WG Leon won't do it anyways.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Gottcha. No reason to pay customs twice. Heck, maybe you should fly into wherever to pick it up and wear it back. Really Leon''s gift is tiny tiny pave, and you''re thinking a substantial halo. WF and Maytal do beautiful work. Maybe Ocean? She works with Wink and did Cehrabehra''s ring in white gold. There was some drama in that exchange, but the final product was stunning.

It really is a killer stone at a ridiculous price. Congrats!

(can we see your CADs when they''re tweaked?)

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 5:16:26 PM
Gottcha. No reason to pay customs twice. Heck, maybe you should fly into wherever to pick it up and wear it back. Really Leon''s gift is tiny tiny pave, and you''re thinking a substantial halo. WF and Maytal do beautiful work. Maybe Ocean? She works with Wink and did Cehrabehra''s ring in white gold. There was some drama in that exchange, but the final product was stunning.

It really is a killer stone at a ridiculous price. Congrats!

(can we see your CADs when they''re tweaked?)

Thanks, I''ll search for a thread on Cehrabehra''s ring.

yeah, Killer Stone is right. I am amazed at the blue.

No, I dont show my CADs to anyone!!
3.gif
I don''t do 3D very well so they are extremely rudimentary. I just did them to give me a sense of shape, scale, harmony and rhythm in the design.

But I''ll happily share WF CADs if that''s where this goes....Do Wink/Ocean do CADs?? I really want to see a CAD and that''s the other reason why I hesitate with Leon. If I was ordering *exactly* the same ruby cluster on his site, that would be an easy call. But this will be a bit different and I''m a bit OCD about design...so, LM may not work out for me.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Cehra''s ring
PART of Cehra''s saga.

As for the CADs, Ocean did Gypsy''s asscher, but I don''t remember any CADs, just sketches. I think there have been other threads on custom-for-persnickety-people. Quest does CADs. Greenlake does CADs.

Whomever makes it, it''ll be one for the books!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

YIPPEEEEE

I am so happy for you!!!!! If this is kneelings stone, I have been in love with that thing since I saw it. I was hoping it went into good hands. That stone is just so amazing. I can''t wait to see how this develops!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 5:45:07 PM
Cehra''s ring
PART of Cehra''s saga.

As for the CADs, Ocean did Gypsy''s asscher, but I don''t remember any CADs, just sketches. I think there have been other threads on custom-for-persnickety-people. Quest does CADs. Greenlake does CADs.

Whomever makes it, it''ll be one for the books!
Thank you Mercoledi. I''ve just spent the last hour going through those threads....oh the drama. That is not how I operate. I''m pretty cut and dried....so we''ll have to see.

I don''t want to work with an "artiste". This is a pretty straightforward project.

Maybe in the meantime I can just continue to tape the coloured-in CAD to my finger....
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results