shape
carat
color
clarity

Gee, this sends a great message

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
12/3/2008 12:21:58 AM
Author: Harriet

That was a Narcisco Rodriguez?

I thought the family looked great coming onto stage, but thought Michelle looked awful. Only later, when I read, "The New York Times", did I understand why! Michelle (for reasons unknown to me) put a cardigan sweater over a lovely Narcisco Rodriguez dress! That is why she looked pregnant! She took a dress with a cinched waist and wore a ballooned out sweater over it! When I saw the dress on a model, I saw why she had chosen it!

No, it was not my style.... But I went from Laura Ashley trimmed in lace when I was younger to Lilly Pulitzer when I got older. If you look at my jewelry you can see that I got wild and eventually changed from 6 mm pearl stud earrings to 7 or 8 mm pearl stud earrings and branched out to high karat gold as I got older. Naturally a dress in red and black would not be my style! Still...Michelle was stylish under that cardigan!

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a photograph of the dress minus the cardigan sweater. I find it much improved!

Deborah
34.gif

NarciscoRodriguezDress.jpg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2008 7:22:32 AM
Author: AGBF

Date:

I thought the family looked great coming onto stage, but thought Michelle looked awful. Only later, when I read, ''The New York Times'', did I understand why! Michelle (for reasons unknown to me) put a cardigan sweater over a lovely Narcisco Rodriguez dress! That is why she looked pregnant! She took a dress with a cinched waist and wore a ballooned out sweater over it! When I saw the dress on a model, I saw why she had chosen it!

No, it was not my style.... But I went from Laura Ashley trimmed in lace when I was younger to Lilly Pulitzer when I got older. If you look at my jewelry you can see that I got wild and eventually changed from 6 mm pearl stud earrings to 7 or 8 mm pearl stud earrings and branched out to high karat gold as I got older. Naturally a dress in red and black would not be my style! Still...Michelle was stylish under that cardigan!

Deborah
34.gif
Well, I would suspect that a president''s wife must not look too too obviously sexy, hence the attempt at a demure jacket. I don''t have the pics, but didn''t she have it altered so the neckline was higher too?

That IS a lovely dress though, without that sweater. Now if someone can just give me the figure to wear it! LOL!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
apples and oranges...don''t we talk about that a lot here at pricescope?

the funny thing about Cindy McCain''s expensive earrings (false story) or John McCain''s lack of knowledge about his 7 houses is not that they''re loaded and spending their money on things they want. It''s the fact that when this occurred, John McCain tried persistently to paint Obama as an elitist when Cindy and John are no less so. Choosing to buy your wife a gift as a thank you for years of pressure and scrutiny (tho the story is false) doesn''t compare in the slightest. But keep trying Obama haters...

now...I''m off to do my chanting...

BarackHusseinObamaRamaDingDong.....

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Guys - not worries. Although the story was bogus I am sure that many of our pricescope friends will happily keep us updated with similar stories. What always gets me is that people feel entitled to unfairly criticize others based on the argument that those others would do the same. What kind of argument is that???? Two wrongs don''t make a right (or maybe they do, haha - no pun intended). BTW, stone_seeker, I hope you noticed the fact that most of us were indeed able to critizize the hypothetical jewellry choice of our God Obama. Maybe you should show your appreciation.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a great looking dress, AGBF. I wish she''d worn it like that!

Why is the public so nosy about what the president does with his money? Has it always been like this?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 7:22:32 AM
Author: AGBF

Date:

I thought the family looked great coming onto stage, but thought Michelle looked awful. Only later, when I read, ''The New York Times'', did I understand why! Michelle (for reasons unknown to me) put a cardigan sweater over a lovely Narcisco Rodriguez dress! That is why she looked pregnant! She took a dress with a cinched waist and wore a ballooned out sweater over it! When I saw the dress on a model, I saw why she had chosen it!

Deborah
34.gif
red and black is very much my style! i too wish i had the figure to carry that dress! i''m guessing she showed up and someone took one look at her and said

movie zombie

stone_seeker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 9:21:47 AM
Author: rob09
Guys - not worries. Although the story was bogus I am sure that many of our pricescope friends will happily keep us updated with similar stories. What always gets me is that people feel entitled to unfairly criticize others based on the argument that those others would do the same. What kind of argument is that???? Two wrongs don''t make a right (or maybe they do, haha - no pun intended). BTW, stone_seeker, I hope you noticed the fact that most of us were indeed able to critizize the hypothetical jewellry choice of our God Obama. Maybe you should show your appreciation.
The choice of style yes - i appreciate it.

BUT - (when ppl thought it was true), no obama supporter has said its not the right time to spend 30k on a ring when you are talking about a lousy economy day in and day out. Everyone said it was deserved. I agree - Barack could spend a million bucks on bling for his lady and I could care less. Its his money, he''s earned it. I just think democrats were very critical of how the mccains spent their money and yet the same criticism wasnt applied.

But i''m not here to argue. People will always view Obama''s actions through rose colored glasses (and vice versa for conservatives) and so debating it is a lost cause.

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 9:49:06 AM
Author: Addy
That''s a great looking dress, AGBF. I wish she''d worn it like that!

Why is the public so nosy about what the president does with his money? Has it always been like this?
I think that people are nosey about this president because he and his wife are a media sensation. Kinda like Princess Diana was. I remember when Nancy Regan was in the spotlight, the press was always talking about how stylish she was, and Jackie Kennedy. Some people have it, and others, don''t.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Speaking of Nancy Regan, I remember all the turmoil when she spent thousand on those red dishes for the White House!!!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Even if the story were true, the ring would not send any substantive message. It would have been a gift from a man to his wife, paid for by his personal funds.

AGBF,
Thanks for the picture.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 10:01:10 PM
Author: strmrdr
that ring is fugly he should have found PS before wasting the money.
Agreed! I bet we''ll have a future PS poster, screen name "mrs_prez" posting a thread asking how to ask your husband if you can exchange a piece of jewelry you don''t like without hurting his feelings ...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good one, vespergirl.
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well lookie here ... 30K sure is a popular number ... the RNC is about to announce that Sarah Palin got an additional 30K worth of clothing & accessories (on top of the 150K already announced).

She's soooooooo folksy, right? What kind of "message" does that "send"?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 4:41:49 PM
Author: decodelighted
Well lookie here ... 30K sure is a popular number ... the RNC is about to announce that Sarah Palin got an additional 30K worth of clothing & accessories (on top of the 150K already announced).

She''s soooooooo folksy, right? What kind of ''message'' does that ''send''?
That this is a woman who needs a lot of help to look good?

And yet, they still couldn''t find it in the budget to get her matching lipliner?

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock

She''s soooooooo folksy, right? What kind of ''message'' does that ''send''?
But you can''t criticize Obama, can you!? You Obama loving liberal you! Nothing but double-standards!
11.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 2:42:17 PM
Author: swimmer
Shockingly, both the Daily Mail (I believe its mostly sold for pictures of nude footballers and to wrap fish) and Michelle Malkin (more than two pixels short of a picture) were inaccurate in their reporting.

Chicago Sun Times reports that no ring was purchased.

Nice connection between President-elect and the WalMart death, sort of like six degrees of separation...how to make things his fault that are in no way related...

ETA: missed Deco's post! Love the comment about having no 'basement.'
Total tangent: Did you see the thing on Malkin about an xmass ornament about impeaching Bush making it onto the tree. Man, Laura is slipping; first an Xmass tree card sent out to the Jews and now this.
I think you might mean the Daily Mirror or The Sun. I have never seen a picture of a naked football player in the Mail. The Sun has topless girls on page 3 though.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 5:01:38 PM
Author: TravelingGal

That this is a woman who needs a lot of help to look good?

And yet, they still couldn''t find it in the budget to get her matching lipliner?
now that''s funny!

movie zombie

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/4/2008 6:28:14 PM

But you can't criticize Obama, can you!? You Obama loving liberal you! Nothing but double-standards!
11.gif
Rob: You're talking to people who supported a candidate in a long and difficult campaign... who were concerned to the last, despite the poll number,that racism would rear its ugly little head. People who probably had to grit their teeth every time our commander in chief for the last eight years spoke -- or at least for the last five years or so.

So yeah, we're going to cut him a little slack. Especially since he hasn't even taken office yet. Especially on trivial, totally non-consequencial matters like a gift from a man to the wife who gave up life as we know it to campaign by his side for the past year or two and to live under a microscope for the next eight.

Get over it already! It's a normal part of the cycle of politics. Still, that doesn't mean we're going to turn a blind eye to things that really matter.

If you want to talk about hero worship, let's not forget Ronald Reagan, who to many could do no wrong... and who ushered in many of the policies that probably led to our current financial crisis. Or GBII... what can I say, but that there are times when I could really use a rolling eyes smiley!

For what it's worth, with hindsight and greater political maturity and humility, I now regret every time I rolled my eyes at the mention of Nancy Reagan's "signature" red dresses, dinnerware, or consultations with astrologers!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 11:30:54 PM
Author: VRBeauty
Date: 12/4/2008 6:28:14 PM

But you can''t criticize Obama, can you!? You Obama loving liberal you! Nothing but double-standards!
11.gif

Rob: You''re talking to people who supported a candidate in a long and difficult campaign... who were concerned to the last, despite the poll number,that racism would rear its ugly little head. People who probably had to grit their teeth every time our commander in chief for the last eight years spoke -- or at least for the last five years or so.

So yeah, we''re going to cut him a little slack. Especially since he hasn''t even taken office yet. Especially on trivial, totally non-consequencial matters like a gift from a man to the wife who gave up life as we know it to campaign by his side for the past year or two and to live under a microscope for the next eight.

Get over it already! It''s a normal part of the cycle of politics. Still, that doesn''t mean we''re going to turn a blind eye to things that really matter.

If you want to talk about hero worship, let''s not forget Ronald Reagan, who to many could do no wrong... and who ushered in many of the policies that probably led to our current financial crisis. Or GBII... what can I say, but that there are times when I could really use a rolling eyes smiley!

For what it''s worth, with hindsight and greater political maturity and humility, I now regret every time I rolled my eyes at the mention of Nancy Reagan''s ''signature'' red dresses, dinnerware, or consultations with astrologers!

Psst-rob''s on our side...he was just being a smart ass!
3.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, it's a crying shame that Michelle put that cardigan over her dress for the crowd, but I betcha' she took it off for her hubby as soon as they got home to celebrate!!
3.gif
Rock on Mrs_Prez....
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 5:01:38 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Well lookie here ... 30K sure is a popular number ... the RNC is about to announce that Sarah Palin got an additional 30K worth of clothing & accessories (on top of the 150K already announced). She''s soooooooo folksy, right? What kind of ''message'' does that ''send''?
That this is a woman who needs a lot of help to look good? And yet, they still couldn''t find it in the budget to get her matching lipliner?
Oh there was peeeeelenty of lip liner in the budget: $68,400 for two months of makeup artistry & $42,225 worth of hair wizardry during the same period of time!

My fave comments from below the article: 1) imagine the bill if they''d have picked someone *less* attractive ... and 2) how much were they paying her tutors? Guess they figured it was more important that she LOOKED "good" --
$150K + $30k + $68K + $42K ... $290,000 in TWO MONTHS?? That''s almost 5K per campaign day on her appearance. Meeeebe someone should have slipped her a Newsweek while she was in the makeup chair.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2008 12:46:53 AM
Author: thing2of2

3.gif
Sorry, Rob.
40.gif
Now I could really use a red-faced smiley!

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 3:31:41 AM

3.gif

Sorry, Rob.
40.gif

LOL - that''s what I get for being a smart ass. I''ll try to behave. Off to Switzerland in 2 hours! Yeah!
GF has to stay behind though
15.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2008 8:55:04 AM

Date: 12/5/2008 3:31:41 AM

3.gif

Sorry, Rob.
40.gif

LOL - that''s what I get for being a smart ass. I''ll try to behave. Off to Switzerland in 2 hours! Yeah!
GF has to stay behind though
15.gif
Rob, don''t you dare change! Your smart-assness is just too entertaining, and I would miss it!
9.gif

Have a great time in Switzerland!
35.gif

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Waiting for my plane ... managed to get access to the Continental Pres. Club network ... free internet! Yeah!
Hope you guys are doing well ...
Cheers,
Rob

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Bye bye Rob!
Have a great time!!!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Yeah Rob, you can never stop being a smart ass! Have a great trip! (I''m jealous)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results