shape
carat
color
clarity

Gee, this sends a great message

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Oh heck, he didn''t get the memo where only we were allowed to spend money frivolously on jewelry.

Someone shoot him a copy ASAP please
20.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 9:11:42 AM
Author: purrfectpear
Oh heck, he didn''t get the memo where only we were allowed to spend money frivolously on jewelry.

Someone shoot him a copy ASAP please
20.gif

Hahaha-ditto!

And ditto to Moon, too-he should definitely buy some American diamonds next time!

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Purrfectpear: We are not the national spokespeople so to speak who theoretically set an example for everyone.

We did not campaign directly to the so called disenfranchised, poor, etc.

We don''t have a brother living in a hut in Africa and an "aunti" living illegally in a housing project in Boston.

Not to mention, as Michelle said in her column, the lovely message that sends two days after a presumed Obama voter was mowed down in a Walmart store by crazed "consumers".

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 9:21:06 AM
Author: tradergirl
Not to mention, as Michelle said in her column, the lovely message that sends two days after a presumed Obama voter was mowed down in a Walmart store by crazed ''consumers''.

This is such a stretch that it resembles Joan Rivers'' face.

Are people that desperate to criticize.

Psst, that was a rhetorical question.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Moonwater, no more so "desperate" than the howling mob who jumped on Cindy McCain's so-called 300K ear studs, which you and I both know as Pricescope citizens is a farce.

And would you care to address the other points? I can only imagine what would be said if this were president elect McCain buying something like this for his wife. Hopefully she would have better taste.

Ya'll have a nice day.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, but I don''t give a crap about rich people spending THEIR OWN money. The rest of your points were discussed in other threads which is why I ignored them. Let''s see, a guy who''s father, and grandfather, well lets say every male on the African side of his family, had more than one wife, which means he has countless of relatives. It is now his responsibility to care for all of them? Really? I have a few cousins and Aunts that could probably use my cash but guess what? They ain''t getting it. They aren''t a regular part of my life, it would be asinine to just give my money away.

Campaigning to the disenfranchised poor? Yup, that was his only audience. But really, what does his wealth have to do with implementing polices to help those less fortunate than himself? Are you saying the only way he can do this is if he fronts being poor? Would you prefer he walk around in a paper sack? Or wait, perhaps he should now shop at Walmart in memory of one of his supporters?
20.gif

This argument is nonsensical and utterly desperate. I suggest his critics wait for him to eff up some policies and then go on the attack. Whining about the purchase of jewelry...(on a jewelry forum!!!!) is lame.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
He just got a job at a salary that pays more than the one he had. He can afford to splash out on a gift to his wife.

I have no problem with people spending their hard earned money on what they want just as long as they don''t go into debt and default on the loan then expect me to pick up the tab.

And of course if he didn''t spend the money how would the people who work at the place he bought her the ring pay their mortgage. They''d be out of work.

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
You are right, it sends a great message. Show your appreciation when it is deserved. His wife is busting butt for HIS dream and he is enough of a gentleman to thank her for that. Would she have done it anyway? Yes. She probably did not even ask for the gift, but in the end, who cares? It is HIS money so get over it.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s great.

Why not send the message: work hard, be President, buy jewelry.
9.gif

Anyhow, he had the money already, he has made many millions off his books. It''s not just cause he got a raise in pay on his new job.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 6:09:25 AM
Somebody agrees w/me about this
http://michellemalkin.com/
Wow. Heck of a thing to *agree* with, Tradergirl ...

What is it with some women who feel entitled to receive lavish presents from their husbands for work that should be its own reward? Reminds me of this ridiculous “Push Present” phenomenon involving women who expect big-ticket gifts from their husbands for bearing their children

Also, her post is updated now with an "oops this story might be entirely false" disclaimer. Care to update your post?

ETA: More evidence of the whole story being b.s. -- including denials by the Obama camp and a new statement from the "jeweler" in question.

GOOD NEWS!!! He can still grab that Leon bracelet for her instead!!!!
9.gif
36.gif
12.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 11:26:49 AM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 12/2/2008 6:09:25 AM
Somebody agrees w/me about this
http://michellemalkin.com/
Wow. Heck of a thing to *agree* with, Tradergirl ...

What is it with some women who feel entitled to receive lavish presents from their husbands for work that should be its own reward? Reminds me of this ridiculous “Push Present” phenomenon involving women who expect big-ticket gifts from their husbands for bearing their children

Also, her post is updated now with an ''oops this story might be entirely false'' disclaimer. Care to update your post?

ETA: More evidence of the whole story being b.s. -- including denials by the Obama camp and a new statement from the ''jeweler'' in question.

GOOD NEWS!!! He can still grab that Leon bracelet for her instead!!!!
9.gif
36.gif
12.gif
Yay!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like the ring and i''d wear it. its different, its bold, and its going to look lovely on that great looking wife of his. i''m glad he appreciates her. i bet once its on her finger most won''t think its fugly.

movie zombie

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 9:21:06 AM
Purrfectpear: We are not the national spokespeople so to speak who theoretically set an example for everyone.

We did not campaign directly to the so called disenfranchised, poor, etc.

We don''t have a brother living in a hut in Africa and an ''aunti'' living illegally in a housing project in Boston.

Not to mention, as Michelle said in her column, the lovely message that sends two days after a presumed Obama voter was mowed down in a Walmart store by crazed ''consumers''.
Usually you make sense, but in this case it''s "pass it down, I''ll have some of what you''re smoking please"
2.gif

Come on Tradergirl, they''re called the President and the First Lady, not American Martyrs.
38.gif

Campaigning means you will use your influence to make good policies that affect the voters. What you spend with your own money doesn''t take away from the "disenfranchised poor". What he does or doesn''t do for his relatives is also his business IMO. How in the heck you tied Obama into a mob at WalMart is beyond me?

I''m guessing I make less than the Obama family and I spent more than that on jewelry this year.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brioni...Brioni....

OMG!!!!!!!!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
I bet HE is the one that carved that backwards B into the face of that McCain campaign worker!!!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m going to have to have my eyes surgically moved back to their normal position. They''re rolled back so far that I''m pretty sure they''re stuck.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Tradergirl,
I am sure you are very nice woman normally. However I begin to wonder if your sole purpose when visiting ATW is to get attention? The things you wrote here are pure pro-inflammatory and purposefully mean. Just so you know, you can get plenty of attention from us if you are being nice and logical too!!!
35.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Shockingly, both the Daily Mail (I believe its mostly sold for pictures of nude footballers and to wrap fish) and Michelle Malkin (more than two pixels short of a picture) were inaccurate in their reporting.

Chicago Sun Times reports that no ring was purchased.

Nice connection between President-elect and the WalMart death, sort of like six degrees of separation...how to make things his fault that are in no way related...

ETA: missed Deco's post! Love the comment about having no "basement."
Total tangent: Did you see the thing on Malkin about an xmass ornament about impeaching Bush making it onto the tree. Man, Laura is slipping; first an Xmass tree card sent out to the Jews and now this.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Glad the story is bogus! I think that ring is hideous.

Trader, no worries. I don't think your posts are mean-spirited or directed toward anyone other than Obama. Can't say the same for other posters. I think some people get their kicks by being rude and then wrapping it up with a smiley. Like this:
20.gif

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
I am so happy that the story is not true. Hopefully he has better taste than that!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 3:32:17 PM
Author: starsapphire
I am so happy that the story is not true. Hopefully he has better taste than that!
watch it!
emthup.gif
i love the ring.......each to their own though....

movie zombie, who still doesn''t understand everyone''s fascination with halos.......
emteeth.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you want to feel SICK ... check out the comments section on Politico''s article about this ... I can''t believe the ignorance and blatant ra**ism directed toward our First Family elect. Does anyone recall the jewelry collection of JACKIE KENNEDY? I bet *Marilyn* got more from JFK than Michelle Obama will get from Barack.
20.gif

Also interesting to note that Rhodium was $10K/oz a few months ago & had plummeted to $780/oz recently ... now, after the bogus story its back up to 1K. Hmmmmmmm.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2008 5:06:26 PM
If you want to feel SICK ... check out the comments section on Politico''s article about this ... I can''t believe the ignorance and blatant ra**ism directed toward our First Family elect. Does anyone recall the jewelry collection of JACKIE KENNEDY? I bet *Marilyn* got more from JFK than Michelle Obama will get from Barack.
20.gif

Also interesting to note that Rhodium was $10K/oz a few months ago & had plummeted to $780/oz recently ... now, after the bogus story its back up to 1K. Hmmmmmmm.
Nah. Metals are notoriously volatile. And wouldn''t you have missed the NEWS, if you hadn''t seen it here at ATW? (I mean, 1/2 a day is hardly time enough for Obama''s Whirly-Eyed Zombie/Minions to drive demand for rhodium up...right?) And it''s not like this huge "story" was "reported" in any reputable news outlet...

20.gif
20.gif
(better stop at 2)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 7:10:00 PM
Author: ksinger
Date: 12/2/2008 5:06:26 PM

20.gif

Nah. Metals are notoriously volatile. And wouldn''t you have missed the NEWS, if you hadn''t seen it here at ATW? (I mean, 1/2 a day is hardly time enough for Obama''s Whirly-Eyed Zombie/Minions to drive demand for rhodium up...right?) And it''s not like this huge ''story'' was ''reported'' in any reputable news outlet...

20.gif
20.gif
(better stop at 2)

Hahaha-let me add a few more for you!
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Ahahahaha, still laughing at the Buick Skylark comment.
9.gif

stone_seeker

Shiny_Rock
i''m sure if mccain won, the obama supporters would be saying the same thing like they did about their 7 houses.

Only difference here is Cindy has better taste in jewelry. That ring is a disaster.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Whether someone has ''better taste'' is a matter of opinion. Regardless, the story is fake.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 11:27:46 PM
Author: stone_seeker
i''m sure if mccain won, the obama supporters would be saying the same thing like they did about their 7 houses.

Only difference here is Cindy has better taste in jewelry. That ring is a disaster.

Since the story about the ring isn''t true I won''t waste my time arguing about the jewelry tastes of Cindy McCain and Michelle Obama, but I can''t resist talking about their style.

The crap Cindy McCain wears couldn''t possibly be uglier (shiny mustard dress with a POPPED COLLAR anyone?!), and I think Democrats and Republicans alike can agree that Michelle pretty much always looks fantastic. I wasn''t crazy about the Narcisco Rodriguez dress she wore at the acceptance speech (she shouldn''t have worn the sweater!) but other than that I''d say she''s been spot on.

And for those who are concerned, despite the scarily foreign sounding name, Narcisco Rodriguez was born and raised in the United States!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 2:25:05 PM
Author: zhuzhu
Tradergirl,

The things you wrote here are pure pro-inflammatory and purposefully mean.
35.gif

You forgot patently false as well!

Nothing makes a person look more informed than posting lies.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
That was a Narcisco Rodriguez?
6.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 11:59:35 PM
Author: thing2of2
Date: 12/2/2008 11:27:46 PM
Author: stone_seeker
Only difference here is Cindy has better taste in jewelry.
The crap Cindy McCain wears couldn''t possibly be uglier (shiny mustard dress with a POPPED COLLAR anyone?!), and I think Democrats and Republicans alike can agree that Michelle pretty much always looks fantastic. I wasn''t crazy about the Narcisco Rodriguez dress she wore at the acceptance speech (she shouldn''t have worn the sweater!) but other than that I''d say she''s been spot on. And for those who are concerned, despite the scarily foreign sounding name, Narcisco Rodriguez was born and raised in the United States!
LOL. I think its funny that folks compare Obama''s *supposed* choice of ring for Michelle with Cindy McCain''s choice of jewelry for herself. Its practically an admission that JOHN McCain A) can''t afford anything she''d want or B) wouldn''t choose something for her himself!

Re: Narcisco ... he also designed Carolyn Bessette Kennedy''s much admired wedding dress. Can hardly think of someone more "all American" than her. (Ralph Lauren''s muse).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results